Chapter 8

Oh! Brother

 

"Where is he?!" Qui came running through the emergency room. "Honey calm down." my dad grabbed her shoulders. I got up and walked towards them, "uh...guys." I said clearing my throat.

 

They both turned around. "Oh Minji thank goodness you saved my son." She brought me into a hug. I stood still not knowing what to do.

 

"What did they say?" my dad asked as Qui pulled away. "Nothing, he just needs rest and he needs to take his medicine, they should be releasing him soon." I replied.

 

"Yixing?" a doctor came out. Qui quickly made her way towards him, "yes?" "Is he your son?" the doctor asked. Qui nodded, "yes. I'm his mother. How is he?" she asked.

 

"Well your son is going to be okay, but I suggest he stays home and gets plenty of rest." the doctor replied. Qui nodded, "yes of course." The doctor smiled, "he'll be out soon so just sit and wait." he said and walked away.

 

"Come on honey lets go sit." my dad said taking her to a seat, "you must be tired." he said. What about me?! I had to carry the elephant on my back for majority of the way over here.

 

I sighed and followed them, "so can I miss school as well?" I asked smiling. My dad sent me a death stare, "I think that would be a good idea." Qui replied while she sat down. "Really?!" Both my dad and I were surprised. 

 

"You and I can't miss work and it's a good chance for the kids to bond." Qui told my dad. I smiled, "yeah...bonding." Pfft yeah right. I just want to miss school.

 

"Besides who else can take care of Yixing?" she added. "Wait what?!" I asked taken off guard. "Yeah Minji can watch over Yixing while we're at work." my dad said bringing his hand to his face. "Wait never mine I-" "Sounds good." Qui said cutting me off.

 

"Okay so Minji will stay home and take care of Yixing while we're at work." my dad said. I sat down defeated, "well that back fired."

 

~~~~

 

"Minji." I felt someone whisper and shake me. "What?" I groaned and turned to my side. "Get up Minji." they whispered and grabbed my sides making me jump.

 

"What?!" I yelled. "Shh," Qui covered my mouth, "he's still asleep." she said pointing at Lay. I rubbed my tired eyes, "sorry." I looked at the time and noticed it was 5 in the morning! 

 

"Come on I need to teach you Yixing's favorites foods." she said walking out. My eyes shot open, "what?!"

 

 

"Yixing only likes his food when it's hot so make sure you serve it to him right away." Qui said, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. "And he absolutely hates chicken soup, but he must eat it to help him get better."

 

I yawned, "yeah yeah soup got it." "Okay I'm already running late, "Qui checked her watch and grabbed her keys, "make sure Yixing gets plenty of rest. He makes it seem like he's okay, but he's really in pain." she said existing the kitchen. 

 

I followed behind her, "okay I got it." "Thank you so much Minji," she stopped and gave me a hug. I froze, this women needs to stop hugging me. "Call if you need anything." Qui grabbed her scarf and left the front door.

 

I lazily made my way upstairs, it was my day off of school yet I had to wake up even more early to learn stupid recipes for stupid Lay. 

 

I threw myself on my bed ready to catch up on my sleep. Until I heard someone groan. I got up and saw Lay tossing in his sleep. Getting out of bed, I walked to him. "Lay you awake?" I asked bending down to meet him. 

 

He still had his eyes closed, but I could tell he was in pain by the way his eye brows narrowed together. I placed my hand on his forehead, "omo you're burning up." I got up and was about to get him his pills when I felt him grab my wrist.

 

I looked back and saw him holding onto me, "don't go." he said in his sleep. I froze for a while, what do I do? Should I wake him up? But what if he gets mad? I tried pulling free, but he gripped on tighter. I sighed and decided to wait for him to let go.

 

My legs grew tired and I kneeled down next to his bed. Lay was still asleep and holding on for dear life to my wrist. Yawning, I laid my head next to his pillow and closed my eyes.

 

 

The movement of something woke me. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed Lay's eyes wide open and only a few inches from mine. I gasped and got up, "you're awake!" 

 

Lay slowly sat up, "were you sleeping with me?" "What?!" I tired to laugh it off, "no. I-I was just reaching for this." I quickly picked up my hair tie that happened to be under his bed. 

 

Lay crossed his arms, "I'm sure." I rolled my eyes, "are you feeling better?" I asked. Lay swung his legs over the bed, "a little." he replied grabbing onto his back. 

 

"I'll go get your pills." I said heading to the door. "No," Lay called out to me. I looked back at him, "what?" Lay got up closing his eyes in pain, "those pills make me drowsy and I really don't want to sleep all day." he replied.

 

"But your mom said-" "Can you just get me something to eat?" he asked cutting me off. I nodded, "yeah, wait here and don't you dare try to leave." Lay smiled revealing his dimple. Curse him and his cute dimple!

 

~~~~

 

"Okay Qui said to let the rice fry for ten minutes." I said to myself, "or was it twenty?" I sighed and rubbed my temples, "ah I don't remember."

 

"Is it ready?" Lay asked startling me. "Lay!" I jumped and turned around, "w-what are you doing here?" "I live here...sadly." he replied walking towards me. I scoffed, thanks for the sarcasm jerk.

 

"But aren't you in pain?" I asked getting worried that he was moving around when he should be laying down. "I feel better now. Is my food ready?" he asked.

 

I panicked, "uh..." I stared at the empty pan then back at Lay, "almost." Lay sighed and walked over to the stove, "there's nothing here." 

 

"B-because I ordered take out." I lied, but that didn't seem like such a bad idea. "Forget it I'll just eat cereal." Lay said walking over to the cabinets.

 

I felt bad, I couldn't cook a simple meal for Lay. Yet when I was hung over he did everything and more. I shook my head, what am I thinking? He's the one that got injured on his own. He deserves it.

 

~~~~

 

"Ah son of a cat!" I yelled and brought my finger to my mouth. It was the tenth time that I accidently burned myself. But I smiled, I finally finished cooking the chicken soup. And from scratch if I should say so myself. I never felt so good, I've never cooked in my life.

 

"Lay I made you soup." I said walking into the living room holding a tray. It's already 2 p.m and I've been working on this since noon. After countless fails and having to throw it away because it was too salty or too bland, this one came out perfect.

 

"I'm not hungry." Lay simply said changing the channels. My face fell, "b-but-" "Besides I hate soup." he added. "But your mom said I have to give you this." I placed the tray on the coffee table. 

 

"And I worked so hard making it." I crossed my arms. Lay also crossed his arms, "all the more reason not to eat it." My mouth fell, this jerk!!

 

"Yah! I worked my off cooking this for you." I shouted. "No one asked you to make it." he said not taking his eyes off the t.v. "I swear if you weren't already hurt I would punch you in the face!" I stormed out of the room and into the kitchen.

 

Stupid Lay and his stupid face. Why do I even bother trying to be nice to him? I threw the apron across the room in frustration, he can starve for all I care.

 

It suddenly hit me, I left the soup in the living room. "I better go get it." I said to myself and walked back. I entered the living room and saw Lay looking at the soup. I quickly halted and hid behind the wall.

 

Is he going to eat it? Lay lifted the spoon and dipped it into the soup, blowing onto it as he lifted the spoon to his mouth. I bit my lip, will he like it? Wait, why do I care?

 

Lay blew one last time before putting it in his mouth. I held my breath and waited for his reaction. Just then Lay smiled and took another spoonful. "Yes!" I cheered silently and quickly walked away not wanting to disturb him.

 

I smiled feeling good and quickly made my way to my room.

 

~~~~

 

"I'm home!" I heard Qui's voice echo throughout the house. I quickly made my way downstairs. "Yixing are you feeling better? she asked brining her hand to his forehead.

 

Lay grabbed her hand and put it down, "I'm fine." "Are you sure? You should be in bed resting. Why are you up? Hurry lay down." Qui said pushing him down on the couch.

 

"Mom!" Lay whined. "No complaining! The doctor said you need to rest and take your medicine." she said ignoring him. "But I'm fine!" Lay protested as Qui fluffed his pillow. "Minji!" she called out.

 

I came out of my hiding spot, "yes?" "Go and run a warm bath for Yixing." she replied. "What?!" both Lay and I were shocked. "Mom!" Lay yelled. "What? You need to bathe." she said.

 

I couldn't help but laugh, "looks like someone needs help taking a bath you big baby." I joked completely enjoying this. How does it feel no be picked on now Lay? 

 

Lay sent me a death stare, "Minji!" "Don't worry Qui, I got this!" I gave her a thumbs up and ran back upstairs. "Minji!" I heard Lay yell.

 

I tested the water, it wasn't too hot or cold, it was just right. "It's ready." I called out. "Great thanks Minji." Qui came in, "Yixing come on!" she yelled for him.

 

I stepped aside and waited. Just then Lay came in wearing a sky blue robe with rubber ducks all over it. I tired to hold in my laugh, but it was really hard. 

 

Lay glared at me, "don't you dare laugh." he hissed. I smiled, "w-why would I l-lau-g-" I couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing, "omo this is so funny!" I grabbed onto my stomach.

 

"You like it I got it on sale." Qui said trying to show it off. "Mom stop!" Lay pulled back. I laughed, "it's beautiful." I wiped a tear away from all the laughing.

 

"Great because I got you one too." she said. I immediately stopped, "what?" "HA!" Lay laughed and pointed at me. My shoulders sank, I'm never going to win am I?

 

"Okay lets leave him alone." Qui said walking out, "I'll be outside if you need my okay." she told Lay. He nodded, "just go!" he pushed us out.

 

I bit my lip getting an evil idea.

 

"Hey Lay!" I called him.

 

"What?!" He turned around.

 

~SNAP~

 

"Yes!" I cheered and closed the door. "Minji! Did you just take a picture?!" he yelled. I grinned and saw his surprised face with the most embarrassing bath robe ever.

 

I jumped up and down, "looks like I finally won this round."

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry I haven't updated in a while. I come back and have 100+ subbies!! WHAT?! Thank you so much, I have many doubts about this fic. I feel like it's boring?? But I promise I'll continue writing it. Anyway please comment and subscribe ^^