Chapter 18

Oh! Brother

 

It seemed like the only way I could calm my loud cries was when Lay decided to play some of his guitar for me. It was weird, usually I don't like soft music. I'm more of a fist pumping music kind of girl. But when I heard him play it was like he was curing me in some odd format. I stared at his fingers and how they moved swiftly causing such sweet sounds escape the wood instrument.

 

I wiped my tears away and calmed my rapid and broken breathing. Lay stopped and looked up at me, "no keep going." I told him. He sighed and began playing again. I brought the pillow to my chest and laid my head on it.

 

I stared out the window, I've never felt so sad in my life. Not even when my goldfish was swirling down the toilet when I was 8 years old and yelling at my dad to make him come back compared to how I felt right now.

 

I closed my eyes as my last tears escaped and fell into slumber. Trying to erase what happened today from my memory. Because even though Tao hurt me bad, I still can't bring myself to hate him. I like him that much.

 

 

I woke the next morning with swollen eyes. I didn't even have to look in the mirror to know that. I groaned knowing today was school and also the day I have to face Tao.

 

I took a long hot shower, not even bothering to do my hair or makeup. I wasn't in the mood so I just sticked to the classic bun and left. Lay was already gone, like always. Such a goody good.

 

I was actually thankful for Lay, even if he wasn't paying attention he stayed awake to my long rant. Which most guys, even girls, try to avoid. He would even nod every now and then. I'm starting to very slowly appreciate him...as a friend.

 

"Minji!" Hani waved at me. She said her goodbyes to Tiffany and walked to me, "hey what happened last night? I told you to text me." she said, "unless it was really good you forgot." she nudged my shoulder. 

 

I smiled and shook my head, "nothing happened. We just went to the zoo that's all." I replied going inside. Hani followed behind me, "so you think it's official between you and Tao?" she asked. I took a deep breath and shook me head, "no." I replied. "What?!" Hani grabbed my arm, "but you two like each other!"

 

I looked down, "turns out Tao and I have nothing in common, we decided to just be friends." I lied. I didn't want to tell Hani the truth, if I did she would probably beat Tao up. And tell everyone how he's a jerk and everyone would know I was played. And I really didn't want that reputation. I'd be a laughing stock.

 

"Oh I'm sorry." Hani said softly. I smiled, "it's nothing really. I'm kind of glad we remained friends." Hani smiled and placed her arm around me, "don't worry we'll got to prom together, screw boys their icky anyway." I laughed as we walked to class.

 

~~~~

 

"You still want to sit with them?" Hani asked as we held onto your lunch trays. I looked at the table she was referring to and saw Tao laughing with Sehun. I sighed and saw Lay reading a book, zoned out as usual. I still have no idea how he even got in the group when he's so different.

 

I shook my head, "no let's just sit at our usual table." I said walking away. Hani nodded and followed behind. "Minji! Hani come here!" we heard someone yell. When we turned around we saw Chanyeol waving at us like an idiot. Oh no!

 

"Come on sit with us!" he yelled causing people walking by and sitting down stare. I turned to Hani, she shrugged her shoulders. "What do we do?" she asked. I looked back and saw Tao smile and wave at me. My heart skipped a beat, Minji why are you even paying attention to him? You should be ignoring him.

 

I sighed and turned directions heading towards him like an idiot. "Hey." I said waving. "Hey Minji, Hani, sit." D.O said patting the seat next to him. I let Hani take it. I looked for another empty seat. "Here's a seat." Tao said patting the space next to him.

 

I bit my lip and quickly sat down to the seat closest to me. Which happened to be next to Lay. There was no way I wanted to be close to Tao right now.

 

Lay looked up from his book and his eyes widen when he saw me. "Minji?" "Just continue reading." I said bring the book up to his face and grabbed my fork. "I'm telling you guys have it a lot harder than girls." Kai argued with Baekhyun. My eyes quickly shot in their direction.

 

"Not uh, my moms a single parent and I'm telling you girls have it harder." Baekhyun argued. "No way, guys do right Chanyeol?" he nudged his shoulder. "Chanyeol?" Baekhyun glared at him. "Uh..." he trailed on, "w-who wants napkins?" he asked getting up avoiding the situation.

 

"Actually girls have it a lot harder than boys." I spoke up. Suddenly all eyes were on me, including Tao. "See and that's coming from a girl." Baekhyun smiled. Kai shook his head, "I bet you I can come up with a lot more reasons why guys have it harder than girls." he said.

 

I straighten up, "is that a challenge?" Kai smiled, "yes, yes it is." The guys looked back and forth. "I'm on Minji's side." Baekhyun said. "Me too." Hani added. "Fine then I guess the rest are on my side." Kai said. The guys scooted closer to his side except for Baekhyun, Hani and Lay.

 

"Lay which side are you on?" Xiumin asked. He looked up and shrugged his shoulders, "where ever I don't care." he replied. "He's on our side." Baekhyun placed his arm around him. "Okay lets begin, ladies first." Kai teased.

 

I rolled my eyes, "okay. Well girls have to go through a menstrual cycle...every 28 days." "Eww!" the guys made faces. "Oh shut up it's not like you didn't know that." Baekhyun scolded. "Your turn." I told Kai.

 

"Okay," he leaned forward, "girls don't have to go through the pain when guys get hit in the nuts." he said. "But we get cramps!" Hani quickly added, "which is a lot more painful and last for days." The guys nodded, "okay you got a point." 

 

"Our turn." Baekhyun said, "guys don't have to go through giving birth like girls do." he said. "Yeah, but it's not like every girl has to give birth." Chen added. The guys nodded, "yeah that's true."

 

"Fine what ever!" I spoke up, "at least guys don't get the role of having to cook, clean and please the men." I said. "That's not true, I have that role and I'm a guy." D.O spoke up. Hani sighed, "that's cause you're weird." Baekhyun and I both laughed. "Omo I didn't mean to say that out loud." Hani quickly covered .

 

D.O raised a brow at her. "Well girls don't get the role of having to pay bills, mow lawns, fix cars, be strong like guys do." Chanyeol said coming back. "Chanyeol?" Baekhyun sent him a death stare. "Sorry bacon." he said sitting on Kai's side.

 

"True, but when girls sleep around they automatically get the bad role while guys get the cool role." I said. The guys nodded, "true, but at least you girls can have multiple s while us guys can only have it once and we're done." Sehun said. All eyes looked at him surprised.

 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun yelled. "What?" he shrugged his shoulders, "it's true." Hani nodded, "we're running out of ideas." she whispered. I held my hand up, "girls are usually the ones that have to keep a relationship going," I gazed my eyes at Tao. "While guys do absolutely nothing but break our hearts."

 

The group grew quite, even Lay put his book down. I sat back, "beat that." Tao looked away. The guys got together and began whispering. "I think you got them." Baekhyun whispered to me. I smiled victoriously.

 

Kai looked at me and sighed, "I guess girls won." "Yes!" Baekhyun, Hani, Lay and I cheered. "For now!" He added. I high fived everyone including Lay, who didn't even speak once. 

 

I looked and saw Tao looking at me. I quickly turned away and continued eating.

 

~~~~

 

"Thanks Minji you totally told off Kai." Baekhyun said as I was leaving school. I smiled, "no problem, it felt good showing him off." Baekhyun smiled, "well see you tomorrow, I got to go punish Chanyeol for taking his side instead of mine." I laughed and waved, "bye."

 

"Minji." I heard my name being called. I turned around and saw Tao come out. I turned back around and began to walk away. "Minji wait!" Tao ran after me, "can we talk?" he asked grabbing my arm. I pulled away, "you have five minutes."

 

"Look I don't know why you're so upset with me, I thought we had fun last night." he said. "You, you had fun using me. I didn't." I corrected him. "Used you? Minji what are you talking about?" he asked tilting his head.

 

"Don't play innocent Tao! I know you used me to make your ex jealous." I crossed my arms. "Jealous?" Tao smiled, "why would I want to make my ex jealous if I broke up with her." I was taken back, but didn't bulge. "Then how come you lied to her saying we've been dating when we're not?" I asked.

 

"Okay maybe I did want her to be jealous, but that's only because I think you're worth showing off." he replied. I stepped back, "excuse me?" "Come on Minji do I have to spell it out for you?" he asked, "okay, I-w-a-n-t-e d-" "No no I know what you mean I'm just surprised." I cut him off.

 

"Why are you surprised? I think you're a very pretty girl and other people should see that." he said. I blushed, but quickly shook my head, no don't fall for it Minji! "Either way you lied to her and made me feel like an idiot." I said.

 

"I'm sorry if I hurt you, I really am. Please don't hate me." he pouted and held his hands together. I sighed and looked away, not his aegyo! "Look Tao you're too old to be doing that." I said. Tao stopped and smiled, "I'll make it up to you. Tomorrow I'll take you out to a movie-" "No!" I cut him off.

 

Tao looked at me confused, "no?" I nodded, "yes, no! I don't want to go anywhere with you anymore." I replied. "You don't?" Tao's shoulders sank. I nodded, "I think it's better if we just stick to seeing each other at school." He looked down, "oh...is that what you want?" I nodded, "yes."

 

Tao sighed, "okay whatever makes you happy, I guess I screwed up." I nodded, "just be honest next time." He looked up, "so you don't hate me?" he grinned giving me a thumbs up. I laughed and shook my head, "no I don't hate you." Tao nodded, "okay until I gain your trust again, I promise I'll make this up to you."

 

I turned and began walking away, "don't count on it."

 

~~~~

 

"I'm home." I yelled as I came in. "Anyone home?" I asked walking further inside. "No." Lay came out of no where causing me to jump lightly. "Lay don't do that." I said grabbing onto my racing heart.

 

"Sorry, oh your dad left this." he said handing me a piece of paper. "Did you read it?" I asked taking it. Lay shook his head, "no, I have to go remember to lock the doors." he said.

 

I nodded, "yeah yeah go ahead." I said unfolding it.

 

It read:

Minji, Qui and I will be out of town. Wedding arrangements nothing big we'll be back in three days. Which means no parties and defiantly no boys! I trust you Minji, please let Yixing know. I also forgot to tell you, you have your drivers test this weekend. Ask Yixing to teach you the basics while I'm gone. Qui says he's a good driver so we left her car for you to practice. When I come back I except the house to be the way we left it. And if you don't pass your drivers test I'm not going to buy you the car you've been drooling over. Take care

- Dad.

 

I sighed as my shoulders dropped, "Lay has to teach me?" I can already tell this is going to be bad.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry I haven't updated in a while. Hope you enjoyed this update even though it was short and choppy. Please comment and subscribe ^^