Chapter 27

Oh! Brother

 

MINJI POV

 

"Is everything okay?" I asked Lay as he came in. He looked upset, but he quickly smiled when he saw me. "Yeah everything's fine." he replied, but I didn't believe him. "You sure?" I asked again. Lay nodded then grabbed my shoulder, "yeah come on we should go pack."

 

I nodded and followed next to him. "Minji!" I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Tao making his way towards me, "hey we're all at the swimming pool outside. Did you know the water is 104°F?" "Really? Isn't that a little too hot?" I asked. Tao shook his head, "no way it's really relaxing, come on lets go." he grabbed my arm.

 

"Wait." I pulled away and turned to Lay. "You coming?" I asked him. Lay looked at Tao then back at me, "yeah, go I'll be there I just have to get something from my room." he replied. "Come on!" Tao grabbed and pulled my arm. "H-hold on." I said trying to keep up as he dragged me away.

 

"Whoa you weren't kidding." I said as we stepped outside. There was a huge pool with steam rising from the water. "Minji come on!" Hani yelled and waved her hand. "Okay." I quickly took my boots off. "Wait I didn't really bring my swimsuit." I told Tao.

 

He smiled, "don't worry you can borrow my clothes, come on they're over here." He grabbed my arm and lead me away. Tao reached into his duffel bag and pulled out a pair of basketball shorts and a plain black t-shirt. "Here." he handed it them to me, "you can change over there." he said pointing at the girls changing room.

 

"Thanks, I'll be back." I said quickly making my way towards the changing room. I was super excited to enter the pool, from the looks of it, it looks like a ton of fun. I entered the stall and began to quickly change. "Wow it's cold." I shook as I attempted to change.

 

The shorts fit me a little too big so I had to pull the string and tie them so they would fit. I grabbed my clothes and rolled them up and tossed it to the corner. I doubt anyone would take them. Goose bumps form all over my body as I stepped out into the freezing air.

 

"Ah it's cold!" I yelled. "Get in!" the guys yelled. I nodded and ran to jump in. The water filled my nose as I landed with a splash. Tao was right, the water wasn't hot at all, it was very relaxing. I came up from the water and smiled. "Minji over here!" Hani yelled and motioned me to go more to the deeper end.

 

"Coming!" I yelled and swam my way toward her. "Come on we're playing chicken fight." she said and pointed. I saw what looked like Baekhyun attempting to carry Kai, but failed and went back under water. "Aish you !" Kai yelled and slashed Baekhyun as he came up.

 

"S-sorry." Baekhyun blocked him self, but was choking on the water he probably swallowed. "We're waiting." Luhan said as Kris held him up. "This bacon isn't strong enough!" Kai complained. "Yah lose some weight!" Baekhyun yelled and jumped on Kai's back.

 

I laughed as they broke into a water splashing fight. "Forget them someone else come on." Kris said. "I'll go." Tao said raising a hand. I noticed he had his shirt off, exposing his nice tone chest. I blushed a little as he looked at me, "come on Minji." he held his hand out. "But I'm not good at this." I sank down. "Just go!" Luhan and Kris both yelled.

 

"Fine!" I gave in and took Tao's hand. "Okay just put your legs over me when I go down." Tao instructed. I nodded and watched as he went down. I grabbed his head and pushed him further down. "I can't!" I cried and I tried to put my legs on top of his shoulders, but failed and backed away.

 

"What happened?" Tao asked coming up and shaking his wet hair. "I can't sorry." I said. "But-" "Aish I'll go!" Kai said after finishing his fight with Baekhyun. "Go down." Kai pushed Tao down by the shoulders. "I'm going don't rush me." Tao argued and went down.

 

Tao came back up with Kai on his shoulders. "Yah you are heavy." Tao said. "Shut up!" Kai pulled his hair. "Don't pull my hair!" Tao yelled as he made his way to the middle. "Okay on three you go." Suho said. "Okay." Luhan and Kris gave him a thumbs up. Tao and Kai on the other hand were trying to keep each other balanced.

 

"One.two.three go go go." Suho said and began to cheer. "Go Luhan!" Sehun yelled. Kris came closer to Tao, who was having a hard time keeping Kai up. "Yah he's coming!" Kai yelled and began to throw his arms around. "Go Luhan!" I cheered as Luhan grabbed Kai's arms and began to shake him off Tao.

 

"Yah yah stop!" Kai yelled and pulled Tao's hair to keep balance. "Ow!" Tao cried as he sank under water. "No!" D.O yelled and Kris help Luhan push Kai off. Kai lost his balance and fell into the water. "Yay we won!" Luhan cheered and high fived Kris. "We're still unbeatable." Kris added.

 

"Mine if I go?" someone asked. I turned and looked up. Lay was wearing basketball shorts and a blue t-shirt. A smile quickly appeared on my face. "You can try." Kris replied still holding Luhan up. Lay smiled and gracefully jumped into the water. I blocked myself from the splash he caused.

 

"They're tough." Chen told him as he came up and pushing his hair back. I had to admit he looked hot when he did so. I shook my head, Minji what are you thinking. It must be all the water. "I need a partner." Lay said looking around. He scanned the hands that went up, but his eyes landed on me.

 

"Minji?" he held his hand out. I looked at him surprised, "me?" Lay nodded, "if you want to." he said. I bit my bottom lip and nodded. "Okay." I went to him. "But I'm not good at this." I said as Lay prepared to go down. "It's okay." he simply said as he went down.

 

I grabbed his hair and felt him grab my leg. I was shocked as he helped pull my leg around his shoulder. "Whoa." I almost lost my blance as he came up with me successfully on top of him. Lay shook his wet hair, "ready?" he asked me. I smiled and nodded, "lets go." 

 

Lay walked toward the middle as we met up with Luhan and Kris. Luhan smirked, "this will be easy." he said. I sent daggers at him. "Lets make it interesting." Kris said. "Sure." Lay replied. "Loser has to drive back." Kris said. Lay nodded, "deal." "Lay!" I pulled his hair slightly. Does he not remember I'm terrified of driving?

 

"Don't worry Minji." Lay said. I swallowed hard as Suho got in between. "On three attack okay." he instructed. I nodded as he stepped back, "one.two...three." he said and the guys quickly began to cheer. "Go Minji!" most said while the other chanted Luhan's name.

 

I bit my lip as Kris came forward and Luhan holding his arms out with an evil grin. "Go Minji get him!" Hani yelled. I nodded and closed my eyes, "o-okay." I extended my arms. "Gotcha!" Luhan said as he grabbed my arm and began to push me back. "Ah no!" I cried and pulled my arms free.

 

"Whoa." Lay stumbled back, "Minji you have to attack." he said. "Okay." I said as Kris made his way towards us. "I have an idea." I said as he came closer. "What is it?" Lay asked backing away. "Just try to stay still." I said. "Okay." he replied and stopped moving.

 

"Here we come." Kris said as he came forward. Luhan reached his arms out tried to grab my arms. I quickly reached and began pulling Kris' hair. "Ah..what are you doing?!" he yelled trying to shake my hands away. Luhan pushed me, but I remained strong and began to pull harder.

 

"Ow!" Kris yelled and he began to sink under water. "Kris what are you doing?" Luhan pulled away and looked down. Now was my time, I pushed Luhan with all my strength. "No!" he cried and tried to grab my arm, but Lay backed away causing Luhan to grab nothing but air. "They're going down!" Hani yelled.

 

I smiled as Luhan finally lost blance and Kris completely sank. "We won!" I cheered as they came apart and came up from the water. "We won!" Lay cheered and waved his arms around. "They won!" the guys cheered as the unbeatable team got their title taken away.

 

"Okay Lay put me down." I said tapping his head. Lay began to kneel down, but as I tried to jump off he quickly lifted me and I flew into the water. "Ah!" I yelled as I went flying 10 feet away and into the water. I came up and was shocked. Lay was smiling.

 

"Yah!" "Water fight!" Chanyeol yelled and jumped on top of Baekhyun. "Ah!" Hani screamed as D.O carried her and threw her into the water the same way Lay did to me. I laughed as Sehun attempted to jump on me, but Xiumin beat him and landed on him first. 

 

I backed further into the deep trying to avoid being thrown or jumped on. Just then I felt someone behind me. I turned and saw Tao smiling evilly. "T-tao?" I started to back away. "Hey." he said and quickly grabbed me by the waist. "No!" I cried as he lifted and threw me into the water.

 

Suddenly I felt a sharp cramp take over the whole left side of my body. The crap was painful and I couldn't swim up for air. Instead my body stiffen up and I began to sink further down. "Help." I tried to bring myself up, but my body refused to listen to my command and instead sent another sharp stinging through my spine.

 

I began to panic and gasp for air. I started to get light headed from the lack of oxygen. Just then I felt someone grab my waste and swim up. I gasped as I came up. "Omo Minji you okay?" I heard Hani ask. My eyes were close as I was put onto the side of the pool.

 

I coughed in reply and began to bang on my chest. "Y-yeah." I replied and looked to see who saved me. I was a bit shocked at who was kneeling next to me. "Tao?" Tao turned to me, "I thought you were joking." he said and quickly pulled me into a hug, "I'm so sorry."

 

I looked around and saw Lay leaving the pool area. "What happened?" Tao asked as he pulled away. I looked down, "I got a cramp." I replied. "She's okay!" Kris yelled and the guys began to walk away. "Minji are you cursed?" Sehun asked. I gave him a weird look and got up, "maybe." I replied.

 

Tao placed a towel around me, "you should go get some rest." he suggested. I nodded, "thanks." I gave him a quick hug and ran to catch Lay. 

 

I ran inside and saw wet footprints. I began to follow them. The footprints stopped as I reached a closed door. I looked and saw a stairs sign. I opened the door and began walking upstairs. I spotted Lay a few flights up sitting down with his head down.

 

I reached him and slowly approached him. "Y-you okay?" I asked as I was a few steps away from him. He looked up and shook his head, "no." he replied. I pulled the towel off and put it around him, "you must be cold." I said. Lay then reached and took my hand, "sorry." he said.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows, "for what?" I asked a bit confused. "For not saving you in time." he replied. I couldn't help but smile. I pulled away from his grip and sat next to him, "it's okay you probably thought I was joking around." Lay shook his head, "no, it's not that I didn't know you were joking, but more like I couldn't help you." he said.

 

"What?" I asked confused. Lay sighed, "I'm so useless." he yanked his hair in frustration. "Lay don't say that." I grabbed his hands. "I am though!" he yelled startling me. "I mean first I couldn't help you because I didn't know how to ski then I couldn't save you because I can't swim." 

 

My eyes widen, "y-you can't swim?" Lay nodded and looked down, "go ahead laugh at me I deserve it." I shook my head and got in front of him, "Lay if you can't swim why would you go to the pool?!" I asked a bit angry that he keeps trying to risk his life to try to protect me.

 

"So I can make sure you're okay." he replied. I sighed and kneeled before him, "look Lay I know you're trying to protect me because you're my step brother, but you need to think about your own life first. I don't want you to get yourself in trouble because of me." I scolded.

 

"But you're always in danger. How can I not risk my life when you're always in trouble?" He asked. I sighed, "then let me learn the hard way." I replied, "if I'm in trouble I need to learn how to save myself. You won't always be there for me you now that." I added.

 

"But I can't risk you getting hurt." Lay looked up. "Look I'll try to be more careful, but I never want you to put yourself in danger because of me." I said. Lay looked back down. I grabbed his chin and made him look at me, "you're too important to me! If you get injured because of me I'll never be able to forgive myself." I said.

 

Lay looked back at me then turned away. "Okay?" I asked facing him. He nodded and looked at me, "promise me you'll be more careful." he said. I sighed and nodded, "I will come on we should go change before we get a cold." I said pulling Lay up. 

 

~~~~

 

"Is everything packed?" Kris asked. "Yeah lets go." Suho said. "Wait I need to pee." Luhan ran off. Hani was talking to D.O so I decided not to bother them. "I can't believe I have to drive all the way back." Kris said to himself. I smiled, "you should of kept your mouth close."

 

He looked at me and cracked a smile, "guess so." I smiled and looked down. "You still like Lay?" he asked out of no where. I looked up at him shocked, "what?!" Kris smiled, "I'll take that as a yes." he said. I looked around to make sure no one was around.

 

I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from everyone. "How do you know?!" I asked completely surprised that out of everyone Kris knew. He laughed, "you told me...at Chanyeol's party remember?" he asked. I tried to think back, but the only thing I could remember is drinking and dancing until I couldn't feel my feet.

 

"No?" Kris interrupted my thoughts, "well you told me you liked Lay." he said. "S-so you know about-" "About you and Lay being step brother and sister? Yeah." he finished for me. "Did you tell anyone?" I asked feeling uneasy. "No, you still haven't told them?" he asked.

 

I sighed, "no." Kris chuckled, "so when are you going to tell them? You can't avoid it, they're going to find out sooner or later." "I know, but I kind of don't want to tell them." I replied. "Why?" Kris asked. I shrugged my shoulders and saw Lay talking to Xiumin.

 

"I don't know." I replied. "Is it because you don't want to face that fact that you and Lay are soon going to be related." Kris said. I looked at him, "what?" He looked at me, "deep down you like Lay, but you don't want to admit it because of where you guys stand." he replied.

 

I looked away trying to let his words sink in. "Stand?" "Yeah, as in step siblings. You know it's wrong to like your step brother so that's why you're trying to tell yourself you don't like him when in reality you do." Kris replied having a point. I do like Lay, but due to our parents getting married I'm not allowed to like him.

 

"What do I do?" I asked Kris. He shrugged his shoulders, "tell him." he grabbed my shoulders and made me face Lay. "Or don't tell him." he said turning me to the side where I saw Tao talking to Kai. I pulled away and faced Kris, "you want me to be with Tao?"

 

Kris shook his head, "no. Be with whoever you want, but you better think fast before you end up losing both." he said walking away, "come on Luhan came back." I watched as he walked away. I clenched my fist, but he was right again. How long until Tao gives up on me and moves on? Or how long can I be with Lay until I have to start calling him "brother?"

 

I have to face it, I can't be with the person I like because it's wrong. So do I choose the next best thing?

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» i really love reading your comments, they make me smile. And I really do try to take consideration into thought. What do you think about the whole Minji can't liking Lay? Try to put yourself in her situation, it's not so easy. Anyway please comment and subscribe ^^ 

oh and Tao has something to tell you...

 

"Why you no Team Tao?" xD