Chapter 42

Oh! Brother

 

"Are you okay?" Lay asked as we left the shop. "Huh?" I looked at him. The thoughts of Lay soon becoming my brother wouldn't escape. I faked a smile, "fine." He raised a brow, but continued walking hanging his new suit in his arm. I followed next to him trying to not let my emotions take over.

 

"You hungry?" Lay asked randomly. "Huh? Oh yeah." I smiled at him. He smiled back, "let's go to the food court." he offered. I nodded as we began walking towards it. "Why won't you get your dress?" he asked. I was caught off guard and had to think fast, "oh I am ... with Hani." I let out a small laugh, "yeah I want a girls opinion."

 

Lay nodded, "figures." I smiled as we entered. "Find a table I'll get something." Lay said handing me his suit. "Yes." I nodded and looked around. Since it was still break the place was pretty packed, mostly young people. I was able to find one far in the back, I quickly went to it before it got taken.

 

I quickly placed the suit down on the table and sat down after. "I hope he can find me." I raised a little and spotted Lay's head in a line. I took this time to text Hani.

 

Minji : Lay's coming with me to the winter dance

Hani : Really?! Omo!!

Minji : Yes but only in group not as a couple >.<

Hani : Doesn't matter he's still going!

Minji : I guess but something has been bothering me

Hani : What?

 

"Food's here." Lay set the tray down. "Oh!" I quickly put my phone away. Lay sat across taking a fry and eating it. "No continue what you were doing it's okay." he said. I shook my head, "no it's fine." I smiled and put my phone in my bag, sorry Hani.

 

I took a fry as well and chewed it. Lay turned to his suit then at me, "are you sure Tao is okay with this?" he asked. I almost choked on my food, I had completely forgot about Tao. I just invited Lay without the approval of Tao. I cleared my throat, "o-of course you two are friends anyway."

 

Lay nodded, "oh right." I quickly got a bad vibe, "you two are friends right?" I asked. Lay looked up at me and quickly nodded, "o-oh of course we are." he replied. I could tell he was acting. I was about to tell him not to lie when my phone rang.

 

I looked and saw that Tao was calling, crap. "Are you going to answer it?" Lay asked eating a fry. I looked at him, "o-oh yeah." I stuttered and cleared my throat before answering. "Hello?" "Minji." Tao replied almost yelling. "Yeah?" I suddenly got a strange feeling in my stomach.

 

"Hey we should go shopping for our outfits for the dance." he replied. I almost jumped out my seat, "w-what?" Lay gave me a strange look. "Yeah I'm at the mall right now, but I think it would be better is we choose together to match you know." Tao said.

 

"Uh..." I trailed off. I couldn't just ditch Lay like that. "Minji?" Tao called my name. I looked at Lay who was playing with his phone and eating. I closed my eyes regretting what I was about to say, "s-sure." "Really?!" Tao literally yelled. I nodded looking at Lay, "yeah I'll meet you there." I said hanging up not giving Tao a proper goodbye.

 

"Hey sorry I-" "It's okay." Lay cut me off. I was a bit taken off guard, "what?" "It's okay I'll go home first." he replied taking his trash and rolling it in a ball. "Be safe and call if anything happens." Lay said before grabbing his suit and leaving me. 

 

I stayed shocked, "what just happened?" "Minji!" I heard someone yell from behind me. I turned and saw an excited Tao approaching me. "I didn't know you were already here." he said taking Lay's spot. "O-oh yeah I was um...about to shop for my dress." I lied.

 

"Alone? Where's Hani?" he asked looking around. "Oh she couldn't make it." I said coming up with an excuse. "Oh okay." Tao nodded taking a fry from my meal. "You ready?" he asked. I nodded and gave him my fries, "yeah lets go."

 

 

 

"So I was thinking blue or red what about you?" Tao asked looking at me. "Huh? Oh yeah." I said. I was half listening to him the whole time. I worried about Lay, was he mad or upset? Does he hate me? Why did he leave so suddenly? "You're not even listening to me." Tao said.

 

"I'm sorry." I apologized. Tao laughed, "it's okay anyway what's your favorite color?" he asked. "Easy pink." I replied. Tao chuckled, "why did I even ask? Okay so we should get pink." he said. "Pink what?" I asked. "Pink outfits." Tao replied ruffling my hair up.

 

"Oh!" I laughed at my own slowness, "nah it's winter we should pick something light." Tao nodded, "how about white?" he suggested. "No!" I quickly replied. Tao gave me a weird look, "uh okay?" I laughed nervously," I mean I don't look good in white." Tao smiled, "that's not true you look good in anything."

 

I was taken back, "r-really? Th-thanks." I blushed without realizing it. He nodded, "okay no white then what?" I thought for a while before coming up with a conclusion, "how about a pastel pink." I looked at him, "I wear a pastel pink dress and you wear a matching tuxedo, but black." I quickly added the last part. I'm not sure I would feel weird showing up with Lay and Tao both wearing the same thing. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'll feel about taking both. I quickly realized I probably made a mistake.

 

"Oh there's a tuxedo place right there." Tao pointed out, "let's go there they probably have something that you like." he grabbed my arm and literally dragged me in. I gasped slightly seeing the same exact store that I was just in with Lay. "T-tao wait." I reached to grab his arm, but it was too late. We were already inside.

 

"Welcome can I help you with something?" I heard a familiar voice. "Oh no." I whispered and quickly hid behind Tao. It was the same employee that helped with Lay, what if she noticed me? I started to panic, how could I explain to Tao that I was here earlier with another guy? 

 

"Yes I'm looking for a black tux that has any pastel pink lining or vest with it." I heard Tao reply. "Oh yes we have something like that please follow me." the employee said. "Great, come on Minji." Tao grabbed my wrist and dragged me along. No! I tried to fight back, but Tao was too strong.

 

"Is something wrong?" Tao asked turning to look at me. "Huh?" I looked up, "o-oh no I just...uh I have to...use the restroom!" I quickly came up with an excuse. "We have restrooms over there." the employee pointed out finally looking at me. "Oh it's you again." she smiled. 

 

I mentally slapped myself. "O-oh hello." I bowed respectfully. "You two know each other?" Tao asked looking at her then back at me. "Yeah she was here earlier with another guy." the employee replied, "another handsome boy? Girl you're on a role." she joked. I laughed nervously and looked at Tao, his expression was un-readable. He was either upset, mad, or hurt. But it definitely wasn't happy.

 

"Who were you with Minji?" he asked. I froze for a second, "I was with..um..." I trailed on. "Yes?" Tao leaned in. I looked down, "I was helping Lay pick out his tux." I finally came out. "Lay?!" Tao almost shouted. I looked at him, "it's not a big deal I was just being a good friend." I tried to calm him down.

 

I could tell the employee felt awkward by the way she slowly started to step back leaving us alone. "Why are you going to the dance with him?" he asked. His question made a dry lump form in the back of my throat. "Yes or no?" he added once I didn't reply. I looked up at him, "Kind of." I finally said.

 

Tao furrowed his brows, "kind of? I thought WE were going together." he said emphasizing on the word we. "We are, but I thought it would be fun if you know...we all went together as friends." I said the last part softly. "Friends? But I wanted us to go together just me and you." Tao said, "Lay can go find a date." I looked at him surprised, "Tao I agreed we'd go just as friends so what's the problem with inviting someone else to join us?" I asked.

 

Tao sighed scratching his hair in frustration, "Look Minji we can't go as a group so you have to decide, it's either me or Lay. Who are you going with?"

 

 

 

 

"You're back already." Lay turned his head to look at me. I arrived and flopped on the couch right away not even bothering to take off my coat. I groaned in response. Lay chuckled, "what happened?" he asked turning the volume of the t.v down. I buried my face in the cushions and mumbled, "Tao and I got in an argument."

 

"What?" Lay asked muting the t.v, "I can't hear you right." I lifted my head, "Tao and I got in an argument!" I almost shouted. Lay held his hand up, "my bad no need to yell." I sighed and rolled to lay on my back looking up at the ceiling, "sorry it was just really stupid."

 

 "What happened?" he asked turning his attention back tot he t.v screen. I sat up taking my coat off realizing it was warm and cozy inside, "the stupid dance that's coming up he said we couldn't go as a group." I scoffed. "Oh really," Lay chuckled, "why is that?" he asked. "Tao said I could only go with either him or you, but not the both." I replied. Lay turned to me, "and what did you say?"

 

I stayed quiet for a while before sitting up to look at him, "I told him I would go with you." 

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» FINALLY I UPDATED!!!!!!! I bet a lot of you were waiting 5ever for me to update orz. sorry I had HUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE writers block, but I didn't forget this fanfic or you guys <3 and another sorry if this update was too short or boring >< I hope you still enjoyed~ Happy Reading please comment and subscribe for more  ^^