Chapter 10

Oh! Brother

MINJI POV

 

"Thanks, but you didn't have to walk me home." I said kicking a random pebble that was at my front door. "No problem. What kind of person would I be if I let a girl like you walk around alone late with a bunch of erts out there?" Tao said.

 

I giggled, "thanks again, I'll see you later." I said taking out my house keys. Tao nodded, "yeah see you around." He started walking back.

 

I opened the door and turned around. Tao was waving, "bye Minji." I smiled and waved back, "bye Tao." I said and walked in.

 

My heart was going crazy, "omo he's so nice and cute and ugh!" I pulled my hair, "and he thinks I'm pretty." "Who are you talking to?" Qui came wiping her hands on her apron.

 

I stood straight, "n-no one." "Where's Yixing?" she asked.

 

I kicked off my shoes and shrugged, "how should I know?" "Didn't he come with you?" she asked placing her hands on her hips. I looked at her confused, "ugh...no."

 

"Ah that boy." she walked away saying things in Chinese. I shrugged my shoulders, "whatever."

 

I tossed my book bag on my bed and quickly took out my phone. 

 

Minji [8:55] Guess what?!?!?!?!

Hani [8:58] What?!

Minji [9:00] TAO THINKS I'M PRETTY!!!!!!!!!

Hani [9:03] Wait what?!

Minji [9:06] We had detention together and he told me!! 

Hani [9:09] AHH!!!

Minji [9:12] AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I heard my door open, I turned around and saw Lay walk in. I rolled my eyes and went back to texting Hani. Lay ignored me and sat on his bed grabbing his guitar.

 

"Can you go play that somewhere else?" I asked as he began playing his guitar. He looked up at me and nodded, "okay." he said putting it down. I furrowed my eyebrows, huh I was certain he was going to say something smart.

 

"You okay?" I asked sitting up. Lay looked at his hands, "yeah." he simply replied. I sighed and put my phone down, "okay Fritos Lay tell me what's up?"

 

He shook his head, "nothing, I'm just tired." he said laying down. "Looks like someone's on their-" "How do you know Tao?" he asked cutting me off.

 

I looked at him, "excuse me?" "H-how long have you and Tao known each other?" he repeated. "Ugh," I thought for a while, "since forever why?"

 

He shook his head, "never mine." "Is something wrong with Tao?" I asked getting worried. Lay shook his head, "no, it's nothing." he said putting on his headphones.

 

I pouted, "weird guy."

 

~~~~

 

"Please come to our Halloween festival to support the prom committee." Yoona shouted as she handed out fliers. Both Hani and I walked up to her. "What's going on?" I asked as she handed me a paper.

 

"Oh Hani, Minji, we need your help." she panted. We looked at her confused, "for what?" "The class council is trying to save money for prom." she replied.

 

I jumped, "oh prom I can't wait!" "Yeah, but we might not have one." Yoona said. "Wait what?" I stopped jumping. "We're running short on money." Yoona replied while she handed people fliers.

 

"No there has to be a prom it's the only reason people graduate." Hani said. "You think we don't know that?" Yoona said, "here take these and hand them out." she told Lindy.

 

"How can we help?" I asked her. "Well we're having a Halloween festival this Saturday and we could really use help with setting up and running stands." she replied.

 

"Oh I can get my grandma to have a bake sale." Hani snapped her fingers. "Great!" Yoona smiled and looked at me, "ugh...I can make punch." I gave her a thumbs up.

 

I'm not really a pro when it comes to cooking and decorating is way off the list.

 

Yoona sighed, "that's not enough." "Oh you can ask Tao to tell EXO to perform." Hani grabbed my arm. "What?!" I looked at her.

 

"That would be perfect!" Yoona cheered. "But I don't know them!" I objected. "Oh come on you talked to Tao." Hani said. "Yeah that doesn't mean we're close." I said.

 

"Please Minji, you can just ask them." Yoona brought her hands to her face and pouted. Hani joined in. I closed my eyes and blew the hair out of my face, "fine, but no promis-"

 

"Yay!" Yoona and Hani pulled me in a hug. Crap! I'm screwed.

 

~~~~

 

We entered the cafeteria and right away Hani was all over me. "When are you going to ask them?" she asked me as I sat down. "Calm down I'll tell them eventually." I replied.

 

"But you can tell them now they're just over there." she pointed at their table which was across the room. I sighed and grabbed my chopsticks, "I'll do it later." 

 

"But what if it's too late and they plan something." Hani kept going. "Then oh well." I said taking a bite of my noddles. "Minji!" she yelled.

 

"Fine!" I slammed my hands on the table, "I'm going." I got up. Hani smiled, "fighting." I glared at her and turned to their table.

 

I took a deep breath as I made my way towards them. I saw Kai and Sehun having each other in a head lock while Xiumin and D.O were throwing spit balls at each other. Boys. I sighed as I approached them.

 

"H-hey guys." I smiled and waved. Everyone stopped and looked at me, I bit my lip. "Oh hey Minji." Tao smiled and waved back. Phew thanks Tao at lease I don't look like an idiot...yet.

 

"C-can I sit?" I asked them. All heads turned to Tao. "Don't worry she's cool." Tao said. Just then Kai got up and placed his arm around me, "you can sit next to me if you want." he said with a smirk. My heat started racing.

 

"Ugh..." "No she can sit here!" Sehun got up and offered his seat. "Ugh..." "No I think she'll like sitting close to the window." Chen said getting up and offered his seat.

 

"I'll just stand." I said holding my hands up. "What's up?" Tao asked. Kai put his arm down and went back to his seat. "I-I don't know if you heard about the Halloween festival." I replied.

 

D.O nodded, "oh you mean this." he took out a flier from his pocket. "Yeah that." I pointed at it. Baekhyun quickly took it from him, "there's a festival?"

 

"Yeah, I was hoping you will all come." I said hoping they would say yes. "What for?" Xiumin asked. "Well I-I was hoping since everyone knows you and because you all know how to dance if you can perform." I replied with a hopeful smile.

 

"Perform?" Lay asked, I almost forgot he was there. "I-if you don't want to it's totally okay." I said raising my hands. It was quiet for a while. "Will we get paid?" Sehun asked.

 

"Don't say that!" Kai scolded him and hit him across the head. "Ugh...no." I replied, "it's to save money for the prom." I added.

 

"What do you think guys?" Chen asked. I crossed my fingers, please say yes. D.O smiled, "we'll do it." he replied. "Really?" I was surprised.

 

"We'll even invite Kris, Suho and Luhan." D.O added. "Really?!" I got even more excited. "Oh thank you so much." I grabbed my hands. "Anything for you." Tao said with a smile. I blushed and looked away.

 

"Oh is something going on between you two?" Chanyeol asked pointing at us. "What?!" we both said surprised. "O-of course not." I raised my hand. "Yeah we're just friends." Tao added.

 

"Yeah right." Kai said poking Tao's side. "When is it?" Lay asked changing the subject. I looked at him, "this Saturday 5 pm." I replied. He nodded, "sounds good."

 

I looked at the guys who were picking on Tao. "Well...bye." I quickly left. I let my breath out as I walked away, phew glad that's over with.

 

I reached my table and sat down. "Well?" Hani nudged me, "what did they say?" she asked. I looked at her and grinned, "they said yes!" I replied.

 

"AHH!!!" we both squealed.

 

~~~~

 

"Minji can you stay after school today?" Yoona asked as the bell rang. "Why?" I asked grabbing my things. "Well the student council is meeting up for a quick meeting on what we should do at the festival." she replied.

 

"But I'm not in council." I said. "But we really need help and you did get EXO to perform, please!~" she pleaded. I closed my eyes, "fine." "Yay!" she cheered, "we're meeting in the music room in about 10 minutes." she said before heading out.

 

"Okay." I sighed and walked out. Why did I ever agree to this?

 

I reached my locker and placed my textbooks in replace for my workbooks. "Ready?" someone asked making me jump. "Omo!" I held onto my racing heart and saw Lay standing next to me.

 

"Aish what the heck?!" I yelled and slapped his arm. "Aw why'd you do that for?" he asked rubbing his arms. "Why did you sneak up on me?!" I yelled.

 

"I didn't sneak up on you!" Lay yelled back. "Yes you did!" I objected. "Whatever are you ready or not?" Lay asked waving his hand around.

 

"Ready for what?" I asked closing my locker. "My mom scolded me last night for not walking you home, something about erts out at night blah blah blah." he replied.

 

"So you're going to walk me home?" I asked swinging my bag over my shoulder. Lay nodded, "hurry up." he said walking away.

 

"I can't" I said, he stopped and turned around. "I have to stay after school." I added. "Oh really?" Lay asked. I nodded, "yeah I have to stay and help the council plan for the-"

 

"Kay bye." Lay cut me off and continued walking. "Yah you jerk don't walk away when I'm talking to you!" I yelled after him. Stupid Fritos Lay!

 

~~~~

 

"I thought this was going to be a quick meeting." I complained and rested my head on the desk. It was already 8 pm and I was starving and tired. The student council kept going back and forth.

 

"If it's a Halloween festival there should be a haunted house it just makes sense." Kibum said for the hundredth time. "And we should be able to dress up." Lindy added.

 

"But if we do that it's going to cost more money and I'm positive a bunch of girls will dress in ty costumes and get us in trouble with the principle." Tiffany objected. 

 

"I don't mind if girls dress like that." Jonghyun high fived Minho. "ert." Tiffany sent the two dirty looks. "We're not getting no where." Yoona came forward.

 

"Tell me about it." I said to myself. "Minji what do you think?" Yoona asked me. "What?" I sat up surprised. "Should we have a haunted house and dress up?" she asked.

 

"Ugh well..." I got up. "We can transform the art room into a haunted house. I'm sure Ms. Hyo wouldn't mind." I said. Kibum nodded, "that's true she's into this whole scary thing I'm sure she can also help us decorate." 

 

"What about the costumes?" Tiffany asked. "Well I think there should be a limit to what you can wear." I replied. She nodded, "I can make a rule on what you can wear." 

 

"Boo!" Jonghyun shouted. We all ignored him, "okay sounds good." Yoona said. I got excited, "really?! Can I leave now?" I asked holding my hands together.

 

"No, now it's time to assign people their roles." Yoona replied taking out a clipboard. "Ugh." I groaned and sat back down.

 

"Thanks you were all a great help." Yoona said as the meeting finally came to an end. I was on the verge of passing out. It's already 10 and I know my dad was going to get me into deep trouble for not calling, but hopefully Lay would cover for me.

 

"Bye." everyone said as they parted ways. "You need a ride home?" Yoona asked. I shook my head, "no it's okay, but thanks." I replied and existed the room.

 

"Note to self : never agree to another meeting ever again." I said to myself as I existed the school gates.

 

I checked the time, "crap it's almost 10:30 I should hurry up." I quicken my pace. I turned the corner and saw a tall guy by a fire wearing a black hoodie.

 

I stopped and turned around, "crap I should go the other way." I said changing routes. I walked two blocks and could feel someone following me. I pecked and saw the same guy from before turn the corner.

 

I bit my lip and started walking faster. I quickly turned the corner. Crap where do I go? I started to panic and continued to walk hoping I would find a way out of this weird maze.

 

No this isn't the street I made a wrong turn. I clenched my fist and pecked behind me. The stranger was gaining up on me. I quickly started walking faster, please don't hurt me. I was on the verge of crying.

 

Just then he grabbed my shoulder making me jump. I was about to yell when he covered my mouth. "If you make any sound I'm going to hurt you." he threaten holding a knife to my face. 

 

My eyes widen ,"mudhfsdkas." I muffled and grabbed his hand, but he started dragging me away. Tears streamed down my face, I can't die, I'm too young to die. I have so much to live for.

 

The man pulled me into a dark alley and threw me on the floor. I scrapped my knees and looked up. The man still had his hoodie on and I couldn't tell who he was.

 

"Please I'll give you all my money just don't hurt me." I pleaded. The man stuck his knife back into his pocket and went for me. I covered my eyes and yelled, "help!"

 

"Don't touch her!" I heard someone shout. I un-covered my eyes to see who saved me. "Lay?" I was surprised. The man turned to him and pulled out his knife. "Lay watch out he has a knife!" I yelled.

 

Just then the man swung on Lay. "Ah!" I yelled in fear, but Lay jumped back avoiding it. The man came forward and swung again, but Lay swung his leg and kicked it out of his hand.

 

I got up, "Lay be careful." Lay swung his fist to the man's face, but he grabbed it and punched Lay hard on the stomach. "No!" I cried as Lay fell to the floor.

 

The stranger then kicked him in the chest making Lay groan in pain. I couldn't take it anymore and jumped on his back, "stop hurting him!" I yelled and grabbed his head in a head lock. 

 

The man turned and tried to get me off, but that only made me gripped harder. "Lay get up!" I yelled while I tired to keep my grip. Just then the man grabbed my arm and ducked down making me fall in front of him.

 

He got up, "you two are dead." he threaten and grabbed his knife from the floor. Lay went towards me, "d-don't worry I'll-" "Lay watch out!" I pushed him away as the man swung his knife between us.

 

I clenched me fist, "okay this is enough!" I got up and got in my fighting stance. The man stepped back, but quickly swung again. I jumped back then grabbed his arm and quickly twisted it. The man shouted in pain while I elbowed him in the chest making his release the knife.

 

I let go and turned around seeing him grabbed onto his chest. "YAH!" I yelled and round house him across the face making him fall on his knees. The man looked at me surprised, "what the hell-" I kicked him hard in the chest making him fly back about 10 feet.

 

I looked down at Lay who looked just as shocked as the man. "Come on." I offered my hand, Lay hesitated before he took it. I lifted him to his feet and looked back at the stranger. He was stumbling to get up and once he did he ran off.

 

"Ha!" I yelled and pointed at him as he left. "W-where did you learn to do that?" Lay asked. I turned to him, "I took kung-fu when I was young." I replied. Lay nodded, "oh...well I-I know how to fight too." he said.

 

I laughed, "okay." There was an awkward silence until I broke it, "why did you come?" I asked. "O-oh I just went to the grocery store to buy ice cream." he said walking over and lifting a bag.

 

I smiled, "so you're telling me you went to buy ice cream at 10 in the night." I gave him a weird look and crossed my arms finding it hard to believe.

 

"Yeah I like ice cream at night." Lay said and started walking off. I smiled and grabbed my book bag, "can I have some?" I asked I ran to him.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry if it was boring in the beginning. Hope you enjoyed. Comment and subscribe^^