Chapter 29

Oh! Brother

 

"Minji where were you?" my dad asked as I stormed into the house. "I was busy." I simply replied and marched upstairs. "I made you food." Qui said. "Give it someone else." I said slamming the door behind me. I didn't want to take my anger on them, but I was too pissed to care.

 

Why would anyone ever do that to someone? It's wrong and dangerous. Poor Chanyeol, I actually felt bad seeing him get hit by me, Tao and Lay. But he kind of deserves it for agreeing to such a stupid idea.

 

I've never been so mad at anyone in my life. Tao, I swear I'm going to kill him and I'll make sure to drag Lay with him. If he knew why didn't he tell me? Instead he went along to get a good laugh. I can't believe him, to think I trusted him.

 

"Minji." I heard the door open. Right away I threw my pillow at him. "What the heck Lay?!" He took the hit, "I'm sorry." he said stepping in. "W-why?!" so much anger was boiling inside me that I couldn't even ask a proper question. "Look I know I should have told you right away." Lay said placing the pillow back to it's place.

 

"How did you even know?" I asked crossing my arms. "I...overheard them disgusting it." he replied. I scoffed, "I can't believe this." "If anyone you should be mad at Tao." he said. "Don't tell me who I can and can't be mad at!" I yelled, "I'm upset with all of you. Tao because he thought of this ridiculous idea. Chanyeol for agreeing, and you for not telling me." I let my anger out.

 

Lay stayed quiet. "I-I trusted you Lay." I added. "I'm sorry I screwed up, but I honestly thought you were going to laugh at it." "Laugh? Does it look like I had fun?" I pointed at me face. "That literally scared me, I don't know if I should stay away from Tao due to him being psycho or stay away from you for laughing at it."

 

Lay came closer, "look I'm sorry, I'll make sure Tao never ever does anything or even look at you again." I looked away, "just...leave me alone. Both of you." I said walking to the bathroom to cool off.

 

~~~~

 

The next day I woke up a little calm. Yes, I was still very upset with Tao and Lay. But maybe I overreacted. Sure, it was funny seeing Chanyeol play kidnapper when he won't even hurt a fly. But the fact that someone is willing to put me in danger just to show off makes me sick. And Lay, well...I can't be mad at him forever.

 

I sat up and saw a sticky note attached to a lollipop on my drawer. I sat up and read the note.

"Sorry for last night, please accept my apology. And I hope you like cherry. - Stupid Fritos Lay"

I couldn't help but smile, "what am I going to do with you Lay." I said to myself as I stuffed the lollipop into my book bag to save for later.

 

 

I entered the school gates. "Minji!" I heard my name. I looked and saw Chanyeol making his way towards me. I let out a small smile as his crazy, wavy, hair bounced everywhere. "Hey." he said as he approached me. "Hi." I said back. "Look I'm sorry about last night, please pretty pretty pretty please forgive me." he held out his hand and closed his eyes.

 

I smiled at his silly apology, "okay." I said shaking his hand. "Really?!" his eyes burst open. "Thank you." he gave me a tight hug, "I promise to never ever attempt to hurt you. In fact I've decided to become your personal body guard." he grinned and bowed.

 

I laughed, "Chanyeol not to put you down, but I think I'm better off protecting myself than you." He looked at me disappointed, "what?" "Minji!" I saw Tao approaching us. "Okay deal, your first assignment is to take me away fast." I told Chanyeol.

 

His eyes widen, "t-take you away." I nodded, "hurry." I looked to see Tao coming closer. "Okay boss." Chanyeol saluted and carried me bridal style. "Ah what are you doing?!" I yelled in surprised. "I'm taking you away." he replied with a smile and began to run. 

 

I looked behind and saw Tao chase us. "Hurry Chanyeol." I patted his shoulder. "Yes boss." he said and gain speed. The cold wind hit my face and I looked around only to see people staring. But I had to admit this was fun. "Where to?" Chanyeol asked. "Take me to my first class." I replied.

"Yes boss."

"Don't call me boss."

"Sorry boss."

 

 

At lunch I decided to sit with Yoona and Tiffany. I texted Hani everything and she was just as shocked as me. "Minji, we were thinking white horses with a carriage." Tiffany said. I nodded, "sounds cool, but isn't it too much?" She shook her head, "my uncle has a barn, I'm sure I can get him to lend us horses."

 

"Can we sit here?" I heard someone ask. I turned around and saw Hani with D.O. "D.O w-why aren't you with the guys?" I asked. He smiled nervously, "I-I can go back if you want." I shook my head, "no it's okay sit." I said scooting over. Hani sat next to me, "thank you." I whispered to her. "You okay?" she asked patting my back. I rested my head on her shoulder, "no."

 

"D.O are you good with decorations?" Yoona asked. "Yeah, my moms a wedding planner and I help her out sometimes." he replied. "Great! We can use your help." Tiffany quickly started to show him some table designs from a catalog. 

 

"So have you talked to them?" Hani asked. I shook my head, "I only yelled at Lay and I'm avoiding Tao at all cost." I replied. "I can't believe they would do that to you." she said. I nodded, "I know." "And Chanyeol?" she asked. I smiled, "I think he's going to be a big help from now on." I replied and looked over at their table.

 

Lay wasn't there which caught me by surprise, but I brushed it off. "Well it's a good thing we have winter break next week. You won't have to see Tao for a whole two weeks." Hani said taking a bite of her salad. "Oh I forgot about winter break." I completely had a brain fart.

 

Hani nodded, "just avoid them for the remaining of the week." I gave her a hug, "thanks for listening to me." Hani hugged me back, "what are friends for?"

 

 

"Chanyeol reporting for duty boss." he said meeting me at my locker. "Don't call me boss." I said placing my textbook inside. "Sorry boss, so where to this time? The mall, arcade, movies-" "Home." I said cutting him off. "Home?" he tilted his head. I nodded, "yeah I'm tired and have a ton of homework." Chanyeol nodded, "okay lets go boss." he said closing my locker and taking my bag for me.

"Stop calling me that!"

"Sorry boss."

 

"Man what do you carry? Rocks?" I said as Chanyeol and I traded book bags. He laughed, "no, just three text books." I tried to pull it over my shoulder, but ended up almost falling. "You okay boss?" he asked pulling me up. "Yeah." I said as I dropped his bag. He laughed and handed me mine, "okay lets trade back." "Agree."

 

"Minji." I turned around and saw Tao. My smile quickly faded, "Chanyeol lets go." I said walking away. "Yes boss." "Minji wait." Tao grabbed my arm, but I quickly pulled away. "Leave me alone!" I yelled. "Minji I'm sorr-" "Save it!" I snapped, "I'm tired of hearing sorry especially from you."

 

Chanyeol stepped back to give me space. "I know what I did was wrong but I-" "I mean who does that?" I said cutting him off, "if I liked someone that much I would never try to purposely put them in danger." I added. "I tried to show you that I liked you, but you never pay attention. You're always with Lay. What else was I suppose to do?!" he raised his voice.

 

I tossed my bag to Chanyeol and I stepped closer to Tao. "Stay patient! Give me time, I don't want to rush into things especially when I have trust issues with you." I replied. "I'm guessing you lost my trust all over again." Tao said looking down. "If you just gave me time...maybe we could have been something." I said and turned to Chanyeol. I grabbed my bag, "Let's go Chanyeol."

"Yes boss."

"Stop it."

"Sorry boss."

 

 

Most of the walk to my house was silent. I was still very upset with Tao, but I guess love makes you do crazy things. I shook my head, don't pity him Minji. "You okay?" Chanyeol asked. I nodded, "yeah...from now on when Tao comes up to me quickly take me away." "Yes boss." he replied. I smiled, "stop."

 

"Are you ever going to forgive him?" he asked. I sighed, "I don't know, even though he did something completely unforgiving I'm not that cruel." I replied, and a little piece of my heart still cares about him. I mean he was my first crush, sad to say he'll always have a piece of my heart with him.

 

"I've known Tao almost all my life and I've never seen him so happy." Chanyeol said. I turned to him, "really?" He nodded, "yeah even when he had girlfriends, he never really smiled or laughed the way he does when he's around you." I looked forward not really believing him, but out of everyone I think Chanyeol is the most honest.

 

"Tao can be clueless-" "Wow that's coming from you." I joked. Chanyeol laughed, "yeah, but he only did what he did because he cares about you. Sure it came out completely wrong and crazy, but he does it out of love." I took in his words, maybe I really did overreact. I mean theres no doubt in my mind that Tao would really risk his life to save me if I was really in danger. Maybe Chanyeol is right.

 

"Let me ask you something." I told Chanyeol. "What?" he asked. "Why did you agree to go with his plan?" I asked. "Well Kris said no, and I really needed the $50." he replied. "Yah!" I smacked his chest. "I'm kidding." he laughed, "well not really, I needed the $50." I rolled my eyes.

 

"But also to see my friend smile more often." he added. I nodded. "Tao doesn't smile a lot and it saddens me." he said looking down. "You okay?" I asked. Chanyeol looked at me and smiled, "yeah." I smiled back, "oh heres my house." I said pointing forward. "Oh really? Well bye I guess." Chanyeol waved. "Bye." I waved back.

 

"I'll be by tomorrow morning to report for duty boss." he bowed. "Stop calling me that!" "Sorry boss." Chanyeol said and started to walk off. I shook my head and stepped inside. 

 

"I'm home!" I called out. "Minji please come here." my dad said. I took off my shoes and followed his voice. "Yeah?" I stopped as I saw him in the living room. Qui and Lay were both there waiting for me. "I-is something wrong?" I asked a little concerned. "Minji please sit." Qui said patting the space next to her. "Okay?" I sat down not knowing what was going on.

 

She got up and stood next to my father. I was now sitting next to Lay. I scooted more away. "We have some important news." my dad began. "Well as you know winter break is coming up and so is our wedding date." Qui said. I grew tense at the word wedding.

 

"And?" I asked. "Well," my dad grabbed Qui's hand, "since I still haven't met Qui's parents I've decided to plan a little vacation." he said. "What?" Lay sat up interested. Qui smiled, "I can't hold it in anymore honey." she said. "Okay," my dad nodded, "on three." "Dad what's going on?" I asked. 

 

"One.two.three."

"We're going to China!" they both cheered.

 

"What?!" both Lay and I stood up from shock. "Wait, we as in you two or-" "All of us!" Qui cut me off.

 

"What!?" Lay and I looked at each other. 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry for this short and boring update :( I hope you liked it though. Please comment and subscribe ^^