Chapter 41

Oh! Brother

 

I woke the next day with the smell of a familiar someone. Without thinking a smile appeared on my face and I hugged the pillow even more. Slowly opening my I noticed I wasn't in the last spot I fell asleep in. My eyes quickly widen and I shot up, "omo!"

 

I scanned the room and spotted Lay asleep on the couch, looking down I jumped seeing that I was in his bed. How did I get here? I asked myself. I quickly got off and went to approach him. Biting my bottom lip I bent down to meet his sleeping face. 

 

"Um..Lay." I whispered, but no response. "Lay?" I said a little louder. He groan in response making me jump back. "Omo." I whispered regretting what I did. Luckily Lay turned and continued sleeping. I sighed in relief and quickly went upstairs not wanting to disturb him.

 

I walked into the kitchen and spotted my dad and Qui sitting on opposite sides of the table drinking coffee in silence. "M-morning." I said walking towards them. "Morning sweetie." Qui smiled at me. "Morning MY daughter." my dad said putting emphasis on the word "my."

 

I raised a brow as I saw Qui slightly glare at him. "Is everything okay?" I asked sitting down grabbing an apple from the center of the table. "Everything is fine!" both my dad and Qui replied. "I said it first." my dad quickly added. "No you didn't I did." Qui argued back.

 

I sighed and watched as an argument broke out. "Not again." I mumbled. "I don't have time I'm late for work." Qui stood up. "Me too!" my dad got up as well. They both glared and raced fighting each other to the door. "Well goodbye." I waved getting up to put their cups in the sink.

 

I jumped a little when I heard the door slam, "aish." I began washing their cups, "always fighting now." "I know." I heard a voice behind me. "Omo!" I jumped accidently dropping the glass mug on the floor making it shatter into pieces. "Oh no." I bent down to pick up the glass.

 

"Don't." Lay held my wrist, "you'll get cut." he said letting go to pick up the pieces himself. "I'll get it." I watched as he picked up each piece carefully. I stepped back accidently stepping into one. "Ow." I lifted my foot and saw a piece of glass in the bottom of my foot.

 

"I told you not to get cut." Lay said putting the glass in the trash. "I didn't mean to." I said reaching down to take the glass out. "Hold on." Lay said, "I'll get a Band-Aid." he said running off. I watched as he left and tossed the glass away, "stupid mug."

 

Lay came back right away, "let me see." he said. I lifted my foot, "it's nothing really." Lay lifted me suddenly and set me on the counter. My heart raced and my faced turn tomato red. Lay lifted my foot and kneeled down, "it's just a small cut nothing serious." he said.

 

"I know." I said pulling my foot back, but he took a hold of my ankle. "Let me put this on first." he said taking the Band-Aid off it's wrapping and carefully putting it over my cut. I laughed as his hands pressed against my foot. "You're ticklish?" Lay smiled. I nodded and pulled it back, "okay all better.

 

Lay looked up at me and stood up, "here." he offered his hand. "I'm good." I said jumping off. "Your foot." Lay looked wide eyed. I lifted my foot up a little, "it's fine." Lay looked at me, "okay." I smiled and turned off the water fossett not realizing it was on this whole time.

 

"Slept well?" Lay asked walking to the fridge. I bite my lip, "d-did I sleep walk last night?" Lay turned to me, "what?" "I somehow ended up in your bed." I replied. Lay smiled, "oh no you didn't I put you there." My eyes widen a bit, "what? why?" Lay turned back to the fridge, "you fell off the couch."

 

"I did?" I face palmed myself mentally. Lay chuckled, "yeah so I put you on my bed hope you didn't mind." I shook my head, "no I don't mind but next time just wake me up." I laughed. "Next time?" Lay took out the orange juice. My eyes widen a bit, "I mean..nothing." I shook my head, "there won't be a next time." I added.

 

"There won't?" Lay asked pouring himself a glass. I shook my hands, "no..I mean..I don't know!" I grew frustrated with myself. Lay chuckled, "I'm messing with you." I glared at him, "thanks." Lay smiled and put the orange juice away, "so what happened last night at dinner?" he asked.

 

"Not much," I replied, "my dad doesn't like Kris." Lay smiled, "figured." I smiled, "oh and Tao asked me to the school dance."I added. "Oh really?" Lay asked. I noticed his smile slowly fading away. "Yeah but just as friends you should join us." I said. Lay shook his head, "no I shouldn't." he replied walking to the living room.

 

I followed behind, "but I'm inviting you besides I have a feeling it would be weird with just me and Tao." Lay sat on the couch, "you really want me to go with you two?" he asked turning the t.v on. I sat next to him and nodded, "yeah it would be fun, have you ever been to a school dance?" I asked.

 

Lay shook his head taking a sip, "no." I almost jumped out of my seat, "you haven't?!" Lay turned to me, "no." "You seriously have to come now it's so much fun." I said grabbing his arm and quickly pulling away, "oh sorry." Lay smiled, "is it really that amazing?"

 

I nodded," yes there's dancing, food, awesome music did I mention food." I joked. Lay chuckled, "okay I'll go." "really?!" my eyes widen and I grew excited. Lay nodded, "if you want me to go that bad." "Yay!" I clapped and quickly pulled him up for a hug. 

 

"M-minji!" Lay tried to place his glass down. I pulled away smiling wide, "sorry I'm just happy now." I quickly got up and ran to my room. "Where are you going?!" Lay yelled after me. "Getting ready we're going shopping!" I replied.

 

~~~

 

"Why are we shopping now if the dance isn't until a week from now?" Lay asked as we entered the mall. "You seriously don't know how these things work right." I said. Lay shrugged putting his hands in his pocket. I sighed, "it's almost impossible to find the right outfit and is suicide to try to find it last minute." I explained.

 

"Oh," Lay nodded, "sorry for not understanding." I laughed, "it's okay you're new to this." "Why didn't you invite Tao?" Lay questioned. I froze for a while completely forgetting about him. "Um...because we're here to find you an outfit." I quickly came up with an excuse.

 

"But you just said-" "Aish let's go." I cut Lay off and pulled him to  the nearest tuxedo shop. 

 

"Welcome can I help you with something?" an employee dressed in a nice black dress asked as we entered. "we're looking for a tux," I replied, "for him." I added pointing at Lay. The lady smiled and bowed, "this way we might have something you'll like." she said.

 

I smiled and followed behind her. "White or black Lay?" I asked looking around. I turned around when I didn't hear an answer and saw Lay standing by the entrance. "Lay!" I called to him. He looked away from something and looked at me. "Come on." I motioned for him. Lay nodded and came to me.

 

"Since it's winter people have been buying nothing but white tuxedoes to fit the season." The employee said. I turned to Lay, "white?" He shook his head, "I'll take black." he told the employee. She smiled, "this way let's get your measurements." I followed behind them, but was told to wait instead.

 

I nodded and sat down waiting for Lay to come out in. I bet he'll look good in anything. I thought, wait what am I thinking? I shook my head and smiled. About 20 minutes passed and I started to grow anxious. "What's taking so long?" I asked peeking towards the fitting area.

 

I sighed and played with my fingers, "ew I need a manicure." "He's coming out." the employee said out loud. I looked up and saw her pull the certain up. I stood up and my mouth dropped to the ground immediately. Everything went in slow motion, almost like in movies as Lay came out in a white tuxedo.

 

 

"I-it's white." I said. Lay looked down, "yes I know I changed my mind is that okay?" A warm smile came across my face, "of course you look amazing." I replied. Lay chuckled, "I'll take this." he told the employee. "Yes." she smiled, "you have a very handsome boyfriend." she told me before leaving.

 

"W-we're not together!" both Lay and I said at the same time, but she was gone. I bit my lip feeling embarrassed. Lay turned to me and cleared his throat, "are you sure this is good?" I looked at him and nodded, "yes it's perfect." I smiled wide. He smiled showing his adorable dimple, "I'm glad you liked it."

 

A sudden feeling came across me, a thought that made me sad. Looking at Lay in a tuxedo just made me realize that it won't be long when I seen him in one at our parents wedding. The day where it will be the end of Lay and I ever becoming something.

 

Because that day he will be my brother and nothing else.

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» hello long time no see lol. I know this update was short but I needed to put you out of your misery xD. So sorry I haven't updated I've been busy with finishing school and graduating and family issues. But I'm back!! And to answer any questions, no English isn't my first language which you can probably tell with my horrible grammar. Anyways I missed you all and thanks for not abandoning this story OTL Happy reading I love you all ^^ oh and I almost forgot .. HOLY CRAP EXO IS FINALLY BACK MY FEELS /DEAD