Chapter 1

Oh! Brother

 

"Minji!" my dad came back, "uh please excuse her." my dad apologized. "Please come in." he said stepping aside.

 

A women around 30 years old came in. She had medium brown hair and amazing cheek bones. I almost felt a little jealous, must be surgery. "Hello I'm Zhang Qui and this is my son Zhang Yixing." she introduced.

 

Just than a tall, good-looking, guy came in. My eyes widen, "appa!" I yelled. My dad came running in, "excuse us, please make yourself at home." he bowed and pushed me to the kitchen.

 

"Minji stop yelling." he scolded me. "You never mentioned she had a son." I crossed my arms. 

 

"It slipped my mind." he said scratching the back of his head.  "Are you insane?" I poked his head, "Minji stop." my dad grabbed my hand.

 

"I know you would never agree to this so I had to keep it a secret." he said. I scoffed, "well that back-fired, I'm not accepting them." I said walking away.

 

"Minji," my dad called me, "it's been a very long time since your mother left us. Don't you think it's time for me to be happy?" I closed my eyes, oh no! Not the whole 'you should fell sorry for me' speech.

 

"Qui makes me happy and didn't you always say, 'appa when are you going to get married?' " "Yeah, when I was 10. I'm 18 now and you don't need her." I said.

 

"Minji stop being selfish." he came toward me and grabbed my hand, "just give her a chance. She's a really nice lady and her son isn't so bad himself." he said.

 

"But I don't know them!" I threw my hands in the air. "Then open up and get to know them." he said walking away, "besides we already set a date for the wedding."

 

"What?!" I ran after him and jumped on his back, "you're crazy!" "Ah Minji get off!" my dad started spinning around to try and get me off. "If you think I'm accepting this you're-"

 

"Honey?"

 

We both stopped and looked. Qui and her son, who I forgot his name, were standing in the entrance. I quickly got off and patted down my shirt. 

 

"Honey!" my dad went to her side. "How about we go out for dinner?" he suggested. She smiled and turned to me, "as long as Minji chooses."

 

"How do you know my name?" I asked. "Minji!" my dad scolded. She laughed, "your dad talks about you a lot." 

 

"Really? Well he never mentioned you before." I said walking away. "Minji!" 

 

"No it's okay." Qui grabbed his arm. "She has a right to be upset." 

 

I turned around and looked at her then at my dad. His had a face of, 'please don't do this Minji.' I looked at her son who was staring at me.

 

My heart stopped and I quickly looked away, "fine, but I call shot gun." 

 

We arrived at The Crab Shack. It's not the most fancy restaurant, but the loud noise will come in handy. 

 

"The Crab Shack?" Qui asked as she stepped out of the car. "Is there a problem with my decision?" I asked. She smiled and shook her head, "no, I'm just allergic to sea food."

 

"Oh." my face fell and I felt like a complete jerk. "I-I'm sorry." "Just kidding." she smiled and playfully hit my shoulder, "I love crab."

 

I laughed nervously, "n-nice one."

 

"Hello welcome to The Crab Shack, how many?" the waitress asked. "Four please." my dad replied. "Great, follow me." she said grabbing four menus and lead the way.

 

"I hope a booth is fine with you." she said. My dad bowed, "thank you it's fine." And scooted in. I quickly went to his side and sat next to him.

 

"Minji."

 

"What?"

 

"It's okay." Qui said as she scooted in the other side followed my her son. Who I still can't recall what his name was. He sat right in front of me, I took a deep breath and quickly lifted the menu to block out his face.

 

"So what grade are you in Minji?" Qui asked. "Minji?"

 

"Minji." my dad nudged my side pretty hard. "Ow! What?" I put the menu down. "She's talking to you." my dad hissed. I looked at Qui, "yes?"

 

She laughed, "I said what grade are you in?"

 

"Oh, my last year of high school." I replied. "Really?! So is Yixing." she said. Huh? So that's his name. Weird I still haven't heard him speak.

 

"Cool what school do you go to? I don't think I've seen you around." I asked him, but he didn't reply. "Hello?"

 

"Yixing." Qui nudged his side. He looked at her and nodded, "yes?" "She's talking to you." Qui said pointing at me. "Oh, I didn't hear her." he said in a monotone.

 

Wow rude much? "Never mine." I said lifting the menu back up and blocked his face.

 

"So," my dad clapped his hands, "this is nice." Qui smiled, "y-yes isn't it Yixing?" She nudged him. "It's okay." he replied. 

 

I scoffed, "it's okay." I mocked him. "Minji." my dad scolded me. "What?! It's not my fault he has no emotion." I said.

 

"Minji that's enough." my dad put his menu down, "give me your cell phone." he said. "What?!" I cried. "Hand it over." he held out his hand.

 

"No." I cried. Yixing chuckled. "You think this is funny?" I turned to him. He shrugged his shoulders, "a little yeah.

 

"Yixing!" Qui scolded him. 

 

"Ha!" I pointed at him.

 

"Minji!" 

 

"Ha!" He mocked me.

 

"Yixing!"

 

"Happy birthday to you~" A group of employees came holding a small cake with a firework sparkler on top. "Wait, who's birthday is it?" I asked.

 

"Yixing." Qui replied placing her hand on his shoulders. 

 

"How old are you turning? 40." I joked. 

 

"Minji give me your phone!" my dad held out his hand. "No!" I got up to run away, but accidently ran into the person holding the cake. 

 

Suddenly the cake fell causing the sparkler to catch fire to the table cloth. "Ah!" Qui yelled and tried getting out. Yixing quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her out before the whole cloth caught on fire. 

 

I searched for my dad, "appa!" I yelled. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I jumped and turned around. "Appa." He was behind me. I quickly hugged him.

 

"FIRE!" People started yelling. 

 

"Hurry come on." He grabbed my arm and pulled be outside. 

 

We meet at the car and watched as a fire truck came followed by an ambulance. 

 

"Wow who thought a little sparkler would cause such a fire?" I joked, but no one laughed. I turned to my dad who looked very upset. 

 

I bit my lip and slowly handed my phone to him. He snatched it away and went to Qui who was hugging Yixing. "Come on honey." he grabbed her shoulders.

 

"Sorry about this." he patted Yixing's shoulder. My shoulders sank, I was all alone. 

 

Yixing looked at me and shook his head before going to the car. I took a deep breath, I wanted to run away. I've never felt so humiliated in my life.

 

The car ride back was quiet and we never even got to eat. Luckily my dad passed by a drive thru, but I wasn't in the mood to eat.

 

We arrived home and I quickly made my way to my room. Not even saying goodbye or sorry to Qui and her son. I just wanted to hide under my sheets and wake up from this nightmare.

 

There was no doubt that I ruined the only relationship my dad would ever have. I, for once, hated myself. 

 

Suddenly my door swung open causing the light from the hallway to blind me. I squinted my eyes and blocked the light with my hand.

 

"Appa?" I swung my legs over the bed. But instead of seeing my dad I saw Yixing holding a suitcase. My heart stopped, "w-what are you doing here?!" I quickly got up.

 

My dads head popped through the door, "Minji, say hello to your new room mate." he said.

 

My eyes widen, "what?!"

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» yay first update! I hope you liked it. I was having a hard time trying to start this off so I'm sorry if it was rushed in. Please comment and subscribe ^^