86 || I Want to Spent My Life with You

Backstage Princess

“Did you sleep well?”

Jieun walked out of her apartment, greeting her boyfriend. Rather than a simple greeting, she changes the formal greetings to a friendlier one. She wasn’t interested in answers, such as good morning, hello, etc. It’s something they had done everynight and it has bored her. She was more likely to be interested in how he has been doing. They were extremely tired yesterday, after their date. The rain suddenly pours and they both got wet, Jieun was afraid he might catch a cold, just like how she did.

“I do, last night was a nice conversation.”

As how he wishes thinks to be done, they didn’t texted each other last night. They usually started to text each other, an hour before the clock strike 10. And sometimes, the text would end around mid night, when their thumbs are too worn out to be used. But last night, they call each other. Myungsoo was more than surprised, when he saw the caller ID. He never thought Jieun would be the one to call him, he thought, he would have to make the first move and things might go with the flow naturally.

“How about you? I hope you’re getting better. I’m sorry I didn’t take a good care of you, yesterday, that you catch a cold.” Myungsoo face turns gloomy.

She catches an immediate cold last night, she told him about how she suffers from a severe headache. Her voice changes, it was kind of hard for her to breathe since the cold was quite severe. Myungsoo was sorry, he was quite disappointed with himself but she told him it was okay. She even sing him a lullaby last night and he manages to sleep well because of it.

“I told you it was fine. It’s not your fault, I will be fine.”

“Are you sure? Your nose is surely red.”

“I will be just fine, trust me.”

This girl, she would never ask for help. She was built to live independently, to take care of everything by herself, and never to trust anyone. Even Myungsoo was having quite a hard time gaining her trust. There are only three people in the world, that she trusted the most, Nam Woohyun, Jang Wooyoung, and Park Jiyeon. His name, Kim Myungsoo, was on the last rank of the list. How could he ever gone to the top? He wish she could trust him even more, or at least she would count on him rather than being too independent.

The thought of Sungjong suddenly crossed his mind. She will definitely be his ideal type, that little maknae that has no clue of love. He would want someone who’s independent, responsible, and warm. She fits each and every sentences of it, the description of his ideal type. Too bad, Sungjongie~, she’s mine. Well, it’s not like Sungjong will ever dated her; they’re having a siblings relationship, that’s all.

“Shall we go? Did you drink the medicine I brought you last night?”

Myungsoo ran all the way to her house last night, after knowing she has caught a cold. He brought so many medicines, just to sighs in defeat. She’s too capable; she might be a super woman. She knows each and every medicine she needs to drink, hours of rest, and also amount of water. She knows everything from A to Z, but she was very happy when she saw him standing by her door with a worried face and a bag full of drugs.

“Yes. You should stop worrying too much, Myungsoo. I will tell you if I ever felt uncomfortable.”

“Okay.”

Myungsoo took off his jacket and wrapped it around her petite body. At first, she refuses his caring act since she was very worried that  he might catch a cold too. She didn’t want him to suffer like her, having a cold is quite troublesome. Her eyes got teary and her nose was unbelievably red, she looks like a clown. But she soon gives up, smiling happily at her boyfriend caring act and wrapped herself comfortably inside the jacket.

“Warm?”

“Mm… it’s very warm and nice.”

“Be careful not to catch another cold, okay? I’m worried to death last night.”

Jieun patted her boyfriend back and started to set off for school. But to her surprise, he wasn’t planning to walk. He wasn’t planning to spend the fifteen-minutes long walking to school. He rides a bike with flowers filling the basket upfront. Jieun was surprised, when he suddenly kneeled and gives her the flowers. She was very surprised, before finally burst laughing at his cheesyness.

“Hold on tight! Hug me with all your strength. Careful not to fall!” Myungsoo yelled cheerfully before setting off the bike, riding it to school.

“Do- Don’t ride too fast!” Jieun complained, surprised at how much he accelerated the bike.

“That’s why you have to hold on tight.” He accelerated the bike even more.

Jieun, who had no choice but to hugs his waist, immediately throw her body and hug him tight. She was flushing red, her ears were attached to his back and she could hear his heartbeat. She could feel his warmth, slowly spreading around her body. The cold wind that greeted her suddenly turns warm. She feels comfortable, as she slowly leans on his back.

He was smiling and rather than his gentle smile, his smile has reverted back to a smirk. He was smirking in an evil way, greedily and selfishly. He was smirking, as if he has had his revenge, as if he has had catch his target. He was truly satisfied, when her arms was soon to be wrapped around his body. He was satisfied that she finally hugs him. Maybe, he should start riding a bike rather than walking to school. That way, she would have no choice but to hugs him every single day.

Riding faster, he changes direction without her knowledge. She was snuggling, closer to his broad body. Well, his body might be worse, compared to Hoya well-built body and Woohyun athletic-body, or even Dongwoo manly body. He’s just another simple man, with nothing but handsome face, he doesn’t that manly body. Nevermind, it didn’t matter anymore. She feels comfortable, she feels secured, and she could feel his warmth. He didn’t have to feel embarrassed regarding it, since she loves him.

He brags to the INFINITE yesterday, how the two has already gone to various dates. He shows them photo, photo of her and them, having fun together. He wants them to squeal in jealousy; at how lucky he is, having Jieun as his girlfriend. Well, he only succeded half of his target, seeing Sungjong jealous eyes and Hoya envious glare. Dongwoo was laughing crazily when he saw the picture of the two. Sunggyu was keeping himself cool and calm and the choding who keeps blabbering around.

Well, actually it didn’t last long. They were gathering last night when Jieun suddenly call. It was almost mid-night but the INFINITE was still hanging out. She called him, singing lullaby and telling him she’s sick. He was worried but also happy since she decided to tell him firstly about her catching a cold. And then, it changes. He could no longer brags the INFINITE, but rather the INFINITE brags to him, for not taking a good care of Jieun.

But the question is… will tomorrow existed for them? Jieun might have to leave by tomorrow morning and their relationship might come to an end. They’re new, their relationship is. It’s not going to be easy, leading a long-distance relationship. He isn’t smiling brightly like usual because deep inside he was very anxious regarding the matter. But he decided to seal it all up, bottling it inside, and when the times come he will make sure to express it well.

“Myungsoo-ah, are you sure we’re in the right direction?”

“I do.”

“The school… isn’t it supposed to be at the opposite?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Why are you…?”

“We’re not going to school, Jieun! We’re going to go on a small picnic and enjoy some breakfast! We’re supposed to enjoy the sunrise this morning, but you’re sick so I have no choice but cancel it.”

“Myungsoo, I’m not escaping school!”

“We’re not escaping school; we’re only escaping some subjects! Let’s just have fun and enjoy!” Myungsoo continued to ride the bike, slower.

“Myungsoo, no!” Jieun, the stubborn girl insisted.

He suddenly stopped, and brake the bike, creating a high-pitched sound of the friction. He turned around, facing the young lady. He smiled, rather than replying her statement with a yell. He has turned gentle thesedays rather than being his usually cool, arrogant, and brutal self. He was being gentle, slowly changing to a caring young man thanks to Jieun. Even his maids have slowly notices it.

“It’s going to be our last day together. You don’t want to spent the rest of the day studying, do you?” He gently find its way through her brown orbs.

She stood there, feeling the silence that suddenly wrapped the atmosphere. She nods; he turns his back against her and continued to ride. Yeah, how could she ever forget? Today is their last day, these days turn out to be so much fun that she wanted to stay a little longer; that she wanted to rewind back the time; that she can’t believe this is their last day. It didn’t seem real, that five days would come to an end very quickly. She will miss this for sure, this and all of it.

By tomorrow morning, she might not be able to see that face of his. By tomorrow morning, his voice, his warmth touch, his friendly gaze, and his figure might turned to memories in a blink of an eye. There will be no longer romantic pick-up early in the morning, she will revert back to a lonely lady. It was kind of scary, although she keeps wondering when does she started to be scared of loneliness. There will be no longer morning call in the morning, she would have to set up her own alarm. This moments would turn memories by tomorrow, as soon as she stepped in to Wooyoung’s private jet.

“Don’t think too much about it. Let’s just enjoy our picnic.” Myungsoo said, sensing her anxiety.

Jieun could only smile after his statement. She wasn’t the only one whose feeling anxious, deep down, she knows even Myungsoo was worried regarding the matter. She tighten her hugs and lean closer. Yeah, she shouldn’t think too much. She should have just enjoyed the moments before it turns memories, before memories turned to something impossible to recreate.


“Do you like it? The weather is nice; I hope it’s not too cold.” Myungsoo smile and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her upclose.

“The sky is very pretty. The scenery is very pretty too.” Jieun smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder.

“Are you cold? The wind is quite chilly here. Thankfully, we’re not up in the mountain.” Myungsoo rubbed her back.

“No, I’m fine.” Jieun snuggles.

They arrived at a park, the best park in Seoul. It’s quite hard searching for the best park nowadays, since Seoul has turned out to be one of the busiest cities. It’s hard to determined which is the best, but Myungsoo finally manages to get one after spending three days of thinking. He was relieved that she liked the place.

The scarlet leaflets were falling, one by one, which made the scenery even better. The weather was quite good, but the wind was chilly. He’s afraid that Jieun might feel worse after the picnic. The sun was bright but the wind was unbelievably strong. Well, it’s autumn anyway, the weather usually become that way. He’s making sure that Jieun is warmth enough and one of the alternatives he had choose to use is to hug her.

“I was thinking, if we could do a duet again today, here. But I guess your cold is bad enough.”

“Yeah, yesterday was fun.” Jieun genuinely smile, shining in her radiant charm.

“Hot chocolate?” Myungsoo offers her a cup of hot chocolate as he’s busy preparing his hand-made toast.

“Thank you. It’s nice enjoying the beautiful scenery while having a cup of warm drinks.”

“Let’s enjoy our breakfast~! I have prepared hard enough for you!” Myungsoo sang.

“It’s nice!” Jieun complimented, after tasting one bite of the toast and sipping the hot chocolate he made.

“Well done, Kim Myungsoo.” Myungsoo complimented himself, “Jieun-ah, aaa~.”

It may have turned out to be a habbit, how the two keeps on doing indirect kisses. They keep feeding each other, and Myungsoo has always been the one to insisted one doing it. Jieun was rather shy on doing it, but slowly has gotten used to it. Myungsoo could be rather childish when it comes to dates and also greasy. Sometimes she wonders how Woohyun would be if they ever dated. She do know he’s cheesyness must have excelled Myungsoo’s.

They tease each other and it was the first time Myungsoo ever dares to touch her. He patted her head, patted her back, carreses her cheek, and even twirls her hair. They keep laughing and sometimes Myungsoo would take the scarlet leaf from her hair. They were sitting under the tree, who can’t help but to shed its scarlet leafs.

“Jieun-ah, I’m going to sing for you. Enjoy it, okay?”

Jieun nods, expecting his performance. She loves it, his charisma that suddenly poured out from him each time he holds his guitar and sing. He looked like a whole different person, a cold-cool person; his gold gaze that keeps attracting her even more, his smirks that keeps making her heart skip a beat. She wonders how perfect he is, she wonders if he is truly a human being. It was scary, knowing how perfect he is, that she started to worry about if she is compatible enough.

 When the music finally fills the air, she closed her eyes to enjoy the song. His gentle touch strums the guitar, creating the romantic melody. Hearts were brought together each time they sang a song for each other and each time they’re doing a duet, their hearts imerge to one. Her doubt was washed away, her anxiety were blown away, listening to his warm voice.

♪ K.Will – Love Blossom

As always, something hollow would be created if they didn’t stares deep to each other. His dark orbs that left her curious at the depth of it. Her brown orbs, that left his heart skipping a beat at how warm it really is; a hidden secret and chamber, where they would find peace and answers. They would sink themselves deep inside each other eyes, again and again, without getting bored of it. If they were to get bored, then this heart would only asked for more. Love.

 “That was great!” Jieun clapped excitedly.

“I’m glad that you like it.” Myungsoo leans closer.


They ended up escaping school for the whole day. Jieun receives lots of text messages, about tons of them. Well, it won’t be weird though, since the INFINITE clearly clarifies her as being sicked; Jiyeon and Woohyun must be worried to death. Her phone keeps on vibrating that Myungsoo has to steal it from her and took the battery off. He was pissed by its constant vibrating. He defined it as a hindrance, to their wonderful dates. This is going to be their last; he can’t care less about it. He wanted to give it his best shots.

It must be hard for Myungsoo, a man who doesn’t even have the knowledge of theathre and art. He sings very well, but to an extent of orchestra and opera- he hasn’t reach the level yet. He suddenly took her to an orchestra performance and then to a shor theatre performance. He might have started to put an interest on the orchestra but the opera has caused him to feel rather sleepy and ended up falling asleep.

Jieun knows how hard it is for him to keep up with her likings. It’s like they have a whole different type of interest, the opposite one, and they would have to keep up with each other, in order to be compatible and closer. When it ends, Jieun offer him, for them to enjoy their dates and watch a movie. It will be better, although Jieun might have watch too much shows for today. But Myungsoo has yet to enjoy their dates. She doesn’t want to be the only one to have fun and enjoy the dates, she wanted Myungsoo, too, to enjoy their dates.

“Is it nice?” Myungsoo asked, smiling widely when the show comes to an end.

“It’s nice, but you don’t even understand it, do you?” Jieun giggled, seeing how excited Myungsoo is, once the show ends.

“Well, the orchestra was kind of nice, but… the opera was a bit…”

“Boring, I know. I don’t think you have had fun today, how about we go and watch a movie? I think it will suit us better.”

“Yeah, sure. I will love it. Let’s enjoy some popcorns and soda while watching it. I know some good movies!”

It wasn’t only movies, orchestra, and operas. They spent much more time, hanging out on dates and walking around the town. They even went back to Hongdae, which they have only visited a few days ago. They enjoyed the food there, some norabaengs, and also the playground. Many teenagers hang out theres, so does couple and tourists. Jieun was having lots of fun.

Myungsoo brought her to a cozy restaurant for dinner. She likes it. Wooyoung usually takes her to classy grand restaurants, where she has to dress up formally. But this place, the food was quite good and the view was very beautiful. She could see the whole Hongdae, enjoying the scenery of a warm autumn day. She feels relax and it feels like the two might have gone even closer to each other. That boy, he just couldn’t stop impressing her.

They bought some clothes, they went shopping together. They bought couple tee and matching accecories. When the sun was about to go down, they took the subways and went to the beach. They sit on the sand, before running around the beach to tease each other. It was weird, visiting the beach on autumn. The beach was empty, since people prefers to enjoy it on bright summer days, not on a autumn day, despite the fact that today the weather has turned warmer.

They were splashing water to each other, although Myungsoo was very careful not to cross the line. Jieun was still having a cold, he fears her cold might turned out to be worse. Although Jieun has stated that she will be fine, that he could have just enjoy and have fun with their date. They draw many things on the sand, after grabbing some random tree branch that was washed away by the water.

They were far from each other, meters away, drawing something while constantly glancing at each other. They were being very careful, as their gentle touch left drawings on the sand. He was eyeing her, capturing each and every features of her face. Her signifant features, he was trying hard to recreate her beauty by drawing her features perfectly. He smiles, each time he saw her faint smile, curving upward on her lip. He smile, each time he looked at her serious expression, and each time their eyes met, they would giggled and flushing in deep red. He wanted to express her warm brown orbs well, the thing he loves the most about her. He wanted to express her, the aura she always radiates with.

She, too, was constantly glancing at him. She isn’t the type to excelled in drawing, her drawing usually ended up awkward. But today, she wanted to express her feelings to him by her drawings. She wanted to capture his handsome features, those deep eyes that could talk, and that smirk that always melted her heart. She wanted to draw it, she wanted to draw how deep his eyes were, and the possibilities of the never-ending depth. And each time their eyes met, she couldn’t help but let her heart skips a beat. She wonders if its healthy to let it be, letting her heart skipping a beat from time to time.

“Woah, who is that?” Myungsoo laughs, seeing her drawings.

“It’s you. And who is that?” Jieun replied, pointing at his drawings.

“It’s you! How can I be that ugly?” Myungsoo pouted.

“I’m very weird. What’s with my eyes, it’s too big, and it’s empty.” Jieun looked at his drawings as she approached it slowly.

“And what’s with that smile? My lips turn very ugly, it’s… slanted!”

“You’re not good at drawing.” Jieun giggled, laughing awkwardly.

“As if you ever draw well, Jieun.”

“I know, but I love the way you draw me.”

“I love yours too, although it’s very much ugly.”

Jieun glares at him, shooting daggers after his statement. It was cute, how she glares at him before the two bursts laughing. And the two started to chase around, while Myungsoo tried hard to act like a monster, chasing her around funnily. Jieun run around the beach, along with the waves. Myungsoo caught her with a back hugs and spin her around, she was smiling widely, he was too.

Then they took another tree branch and started to write something else. They write it together, between the drawings they draw. Jieun smiled widely, as she wrote Myungsoo’s name. Myungsoo was watching her from a far, before deciding to do the same and wrote her name. For the final touch of the romantic couple, they draw a heart together, his on the right side and her on the left.

김명수

이지은

They sat next to each other, with the empty beach, filled with the drawings of the two, their footsteps and their love confession. The sun set down giving a beautiful view for the two. The wind started to turn warmer, before drastically turning cold once the sun has gone missing and the stars sparks on the sky. Myungsoo wrapped his arms around Jieun as they enjoy the sunset. Jieun leans closer, leaning against Myungsoo shoulder as she was trying hard to make the memories stay longer.

“I have so much fun today.” Jieun whispers, weakly.

“I do too. I think I really do want to live my life with you.” Myungsoo suddenly confessed, but maybe it was kind of too fast because Jieun flinch the moment she heard his confession.

“I think I will miss this alot.” Jieun stays calm.

“I do too. Tomorrow, can you not go?”

She stays quiet; Myungsoo could only hugs her tighter. He wanted her to stay, so badly. However, this is something regarding her future, her dreams, and her happiness. If he ever persuaded her to stay and finally forces her to do so, wasn’t it a selfish act. He will only be a hindrance and she might never be happy.

“Can you go with me, by tomorrow morning to Wooyoung’s house? I wanted to see you before leaving.”

“I will then.”

“Myungsoo-ah, isn’t it very pretty? The sunset is very beautiful, and I like that the sand are all messy because of us.”

“I know, it’s very pretty.”


“Shall we go and cook some dinner together?” Myungsoo asked, as they took the subway back home.

“Sure, I think it will be fun.”

“Let’s go to my place and cook some food together.”

“And let you turn the kitchen upside down? No! I still remember how you turn my kitchen upside down after saying you excelled in cookings.”

“You’re underestimating me, Lee Ji Eun. I will make sure to impress you.”

They arrived at his place. She suddenly recalls the old memories, the first time she stepped in to this house when Myungsoo suddenly got sick. And then, how she suddenly arrived at this place from time to time, each time she was caught in dilemma, her feet would take her to this place.

The maid greeted her nicely, as they have encountered each other before. The maid might have put quite a liking to her, since she was unbelievably polite and the fact that she has changed Myungsoo’s bratty attitude has made the maids to like her even more. Myungsoo introduces Jieun as his girlfriend and the maids squeal happily as Jieun bowed to her. She leads them to the kitchen as the couple would start their cooking session soon.

“What should we cook tonight?”

“Let’s not cook something too complicated, it’s night already.”

“Let’s just cook ddukbokki, shall we?”

Jieun nods and the two started to cook. They argue a lot, about what to put and what to put, but will end up bursting laughing. Jieun would punch his arm lightly, from time to time, and Myungsoo will always teases her. He keeps pinching her cheek, touching her nose, and even uses flour to mess up with her face. The kitchen, this time, has really turned upside down. His butlers and maids were watching them from a far, and they smile at how the romantic the couple have become.

“Myungsoo-ah, AAA~ help me to taste this. My taste buds aren’t that good, I’m having a cold.” Jieun uses chopsticks to randomly grab the ddukbokki and feed it to his mouth.

He was surprised when Jieun suddenly asked him to open his mouth as she will feed him the ddukbokki. He was stunned but happy, that he immideatly open his mouth and eat it happily. He nods when the excellent taste fills his mouth and gives lots of thumbs up for her works.

“It’s nice, but I think it’s not spicy enough.”

“Should we add some more of it?”

“Myungsoo-ah, aaa~” she fed him again.

“Jieun-ah, aaa~” he sang and feed her.

“It’s nice!”

“Done!”

They were happy, once the managed to cook the food. Myungsoo suddenly brushed his fingertips against the corner of her lips to erase the traces of dukboki sauce. She blushes red, mouthing thank you awkwardly. He smiled and patt her head. They enjoy the food together, having fun with all the moments of their dates.


 Did you think she could sleep tonight? No, not at all. She couldn’t sleep all night, after he escorted her home. The trip was quite, filled with the thrilling silence of the night. No body dare to open their mouth, both of them were hesitant to speak. She was afraid that it might be the last thing she might ever say. He was afraid if he will spill the wrong word that it will only leaves scars inside her heart.

They texted each other all night long. Jieun called him earlier and they have a short talk, Jieun sang him Tim’s Lullaby, the song she would like to sing if she ever had a boyfriend. She will miss him; even her hearts had already started to miss him. Things are awkward now, knowing she will leaves by tomorrow morning. By now, could the star fulfill her wish? She wishes time would stop, for now, for these moments never to turn to memories.

 

A/N

Love is in the air for MyungU, how about you?! Hello, my dear subbies! I'm very happy that my subbies has grown a lot more, thank you for the upvoters! I rarely updated nowadays, maybe once a week? Well, I've been keeping up with writer block, trips, vacations, and also coming up examinations! It supposed to end a month ago, but well, school decided to held another one! Comments are badly needed, comments and subscribe! Thank you!

And also, I wanted to thank most of you who has helped me to pass by my hard time as a writer - which is writer block. Thank you to green_teax , littlebabyangel , littledraco , MilkyCouple4ever and many more! Thank you! I didn't writer this story while having writer block, I wrote this before my writer block begun but still thank you! In the end, watching romantic idol do help alot!