28

Backstage Princess

“You are not going to disappear again with Myungsoo?” Jiyeon asked, rolling her eyes.

Jieun sighed. Not even one of them like the idea of the two dating. Jiyeon, the gossip queen too has decided to keep shut. Except for those other people keep on blabbering around about Jieun and Myungsoo relationship. They are too curious; some of them even choose to stalk Jieun.

It’s Monday, the next day after their date. Myungsoo popularity, as expected, is exploding. Jieun has become a great popularity boost to him. And now his popularity has burst highly, so does Jieun’s. Popularity is something she hates, something she badly wants to throw away. But playing his game has given her no choice but to also have the impact of it. Having her popularity burst like crazy.

She has been quite a topic at school. People always talk about her, day and night. Not everyone likes the idea; some of them hold a grudge against her, including Suzy. The miss popular hates her. Being a main topic wasn’t easy after all. She couldn’t think of anything that would make Kim Myungsoo loves it very much.  

“Oh, sorry.” Jieun said. Her phone suddenly rings. “It’s Mrs. Jung.” 

Jiyeon looks at Woohyun and Woohyun glances back at her. Question marks was written all over their face. Jieun couldn’t help but giggled.

“The hospital?” Woohyun asked and Jieun nodded.

All that they could hear was Jieun’s voice, saying something unclear. They could only hear her saying yes, no, okay, thank you, when, Pil Suk, and much more simple answer. They couldn’t figure it out, whatever is happening to Pil Suk at the hospital. Jieun’s tone seems so calm and relax, it’s hard to figure out what has happen.

“So how is it, Jieun? Is Pil Suk okay?” Jiyeon asked.

“Jiyeonnie~, Woohyun,” Jieun sighed. “The doctor has released a statement.”

“Is she okay?” Woohyun asked, worriedly.

“Her condition is stabile! Finally she is going to be fine!” Jieun jumps around happily, being childish.

“Oh really? That is good news, Jieun!” Jiyeon jumps together with her.

Woohyun was just sitting around, with his lip forming a wide smile. He was startled when Jieun suddenly hugs him. Gently, he patted her back as she whispers her thanks. He hugs her back, caressing her silky long brown hair.

“Thank you, Woohyun.”

“You’re welcome, Jieunnie.”

“And the reason you two are hugging is?” Jiyeon interfere.

“Because he’s not mad at me. He has been supporting me all the time. He has always been there.” Jieun explain.

“That is why, I deserve a hug too, right?” Jiyeon pouted.

“Of course, Jiyeon. You are the best.” The three hugs.

However, Jieun was not actually feeling relieve. Mrs. Jung called her, not only to tell her the good news, but also to inform her about something else. Pil Suk might not be in a critical condition, however the doctor are unsure about her current situation. Pil Suk is completely fine, she has recovers quite well. But she has yet to wake up and that’s why she would have to visit the doctor soon.


Myungsoo was watching from a far. As a gentleman, he fulfills his promise. He won’t be disturbing Jieun for the next 7 days. A quite good reason to be stalking her from a far. He is quite happy today, his popularity boost more than his expectations. His game is running well. The popularity he is longing for has finally here.

Jieun must have hated him so much. The moment he leaves her, she is smilling widely, together with her two best friends. Her captivating smile is spreading around. He must be a burden to her, that is why she never smiles when he’s with her.

Woohyun was hugging her tightly, patting her back, caressing her hair. Just like how a boyfriend should be. He is a caring guy, especially toward her. It’s a relief knowing what type of person Jieun is. A timid and bold one, who would draw a clear line between friends and boyfriend.

Maybe, he should have just left her be. As if he can! Of course, he won’t. He won’t let her free, no matter what. He would let her go; by the time she has turn into a useless woman with no more popularity. Then, he would let go of all his promises, letting her suffers once again. But is he really that much cruel?


Jieun has been enjoying her day, for the first time in the whole month. The good news she has just received, boost her mood right away. She reverts back to her usual self, being calm and kind, sweet and nice. Back to being perfect, her original self.

Woohyun could only smile at the view. Seeing her happy makes him happy too. He could only hope, Kim Myungsoo, that old friend of his, wouldn’t disturb Jieun’s happiness. Jiyeon too has been glancing back and forth to Jieun. She is happy, you could figure it out the moment you see her smile. She never stops smiling, that is her original self.

Even Kim Myungsoo, won’t be daring enough to ruined her day. Nobody could hates her or disturb her, when she is happy. Another sign when she is happy, she would never pay attention to the teacher. Thanks to her genius brain, not paying attention won’t gave her much problem. She could slip off every single question easily.

There she is, sitting next to the window, designing her new collection of clothes. Designing, that is what she would do when she is happy. Scratching and scratching on her sketchbook with pencil on her hand. Drowning herself on her own world, and today she is designing a gown for Pil Suk.

 

For the first time in the whole month, Lee Ji Eun is truly being happy. Let’s just hope Kim Myungsoo wouldn’t dare ruining her day, again.