60

Backstage Princess

Jieun arrived home safely, thanks to Myungsoo. Although the fact that the two were being stalked along the way was undeniable, they could feel it. Jieun knows someone has been following her around and pulling a trap against her for the last few days. Myungsoo too has been followed by someone for couple of days.

It was not only Jieun that received all the hates and bad luck, Myungsoo also received those- something more worrying. If Myungsoo didn’t back off, Jieun might be in danger- seriously in danger. It’s not about him, he doesn’t care about himself but the woman next to him. He sense it, how boys has been acting roughly and arrogantly toward him. When they’re practicing for the upcoming games, he usually get pushed and hit roughly- something they do counciously.

“Jieun-ah, starting tomorrow, let’s go home together.” Myungsoo said, breaking the silence.

“But Myungsoo, you will be exhausted. I will be fine on my own.” Jieun gazes toward the taller man.

“You are my girlfriend, Jieun. Let me be a good boyfriend and take a good care of you.”

“Let’s go home on our own, but I will wait for you until the practice ends. Fair enough?”

“How could you be so stubborn, Jieun?”

“Because I have secrets to keep. Pil Suk shall never know about our relationship.”

“Okay, then.”

“Goodbye, take care!” Jieun said, before pressing the door bell.

“Becareful, Jieun.”


“Unnie, did you and L oppa go home together?” Pil Suk asked, as soon as she opens the door.

Jieun was startled, her sister looks upset about the fact that the two of them are together. Pil Suk doesn’t like it, she won’t ever like it. Jieun wasn’t that much bothered about her own relationship with Myungsoo- not anymore after their trip to Jeju that manage to fix almost everything. She was actually okay if Pil Suk or others ever found out. However, it’s not that simple.

It was Sunday afternoon, when Jieun had just comeback from Jeju. Pil Suk immediately drags her to the living room, and asked her to spill all the stories about the trip- mostly about Myungsoo. It terrifies her. Pil Suk feelings for that man has yet to disappear even after the long summer vacation, instead it has grown rapidly. She was crazy about him. That day, Jieun know, she might have hurt her.

If Pil Suk ever knows that Jieun is dating Myungsoo, she will break apart. The sibilings relationship would be torn apart, broken to pieces. It was scary, the fact that they might hate each other. However, breaking up with Myungsoo wasn’t an option either. Despite the fact that Myungsoo has gone gentle and sweet, it’s undeniable that there are possibilities of him getting wild and hurting Pil Suk again.

“Yes, we met along the way. He wants to make sure you pass the test.”

“Then, why don’t you invite him to come in?”

“He has just finished his practice; he has lots of things to catch up at home.”

“You seem really close with him, unnie.”

“No, rest assures. I know you are in love with him, I won’t ever steal my sister’s crush.”

Lie! She lied to her own sister, something she has never done before. It hurts and she turns scared. Why can’t they reach their own happy life?


“You are a meanie, Woohyun. You let my boyfriend get exhausted.” Jieun pouted cutely.

“So, you do like him, Jieun?” Woohyun said, sarcasm took over him.

“I was only joking, Woohyun.” Jieun smiled, bringing her gaze back to the boy who sat next to her.

“Then why don’t you tell us about it? You have been hiding a lot of things from us lately.” Woohyun glared at her, totally pissed off.

“Could we talk about it some other time? I have had enough scolding for today.” Jieun turns serious, bringing her eyes back to the game.

They found out, Woohyun and Jiyeon, thanks to Myungsoo’s blabbering mouth. He told them, indirectly- by opening her locker early in the morning in front of them. Jieun was angry and upset, however she has no right to do so. Her friends have the right to know about it. Early in the morning, she has received a long scolding and a lecture from Jiyeon, and also another long argument from Woohyun.

Jieun was tired since Pil Suk and she has quite an argument last night, of course it is about the mighty Kim Myungsoo. Pil Suk was totally unhappy, even after explaining things to her, she still insists to take a longer path. Pil Suk was angry toward her, she skip breakfast in the morning and left without greeting her. She’s jealous, Jieun know it, but she has crossed the line.

“So you two have an argument?” Woohyun notices Jieun, who keeps on checking her phone once in a while.

“Yes, I don’t know what to do Woohyun. She skips breakfast this morning and she left without saying anything.”

“What’s wrong, Jieun? It’s not you. You two never had an argument before.”

“Do you want the truth, woonie?”

“My mouth is sealed for you.”

She likes him.” Jieun hung her head low, a bitter smile curve her lips up.


Myungsoo was unable to concentrate the whole time, although the coach has scold him for a few times, he was unable to snap out of it. He was thinking hard about Jieun, her feelings and how she is doing over there, the other side of the court, sitting and watching. Is she fine? Is he doing well? Does he impress her? Does he look cool?

The tough play was even more bothering, those boys who keeps on pushing him back and forth, left and right. He doesn’t have enough energy to stand up against those 10 other stronger boys. Well, if it’s Woohyun, he could just grab the ball easily and push them aside. He really envies him, Woohyun. Today, he envies him.

Woohyun must have looked cool while playing basketball, Jieun would be yelling his name by then. But his name, she didn’t even bother to call out his name, Kim Myungsoo. If she ever called out his name, he might have gone even stronger, winning today’s practice easily. Sigh, he must have gone out of his mind.

When does he start to become so addicted to her? She has turn to be a precious part of his life, something he would like to hold on for an eternity. When does he start to become so obsessed toward her? She has become a soul of his, something he can’t lose. Has he started to fall for her? For that one precious girl?

“Hey, L! Concentrate!” A boy, his teammates, throws a ball toward his head, bumping it hard as he cringes in pain.

He snap out of it, finally, despite the pain. Does she see that? Him getting hit by a ball would such an embarrasement. Soon, it was the sound of the whistle that echoed through the hot-sunny afternoon. They sighed, all of them. It’s the third time, or maybe fourth, the coach needs to blow the whistle, simply to scold Myungsoo.

Jieun who was happily chatting with Woohyun, suddenly flinch after hearing the loud noise and also… curses directed toward L. She almost jumps in surprise; somehow she felt he too has received so much hates just like she is. Her gaze turns, from Woohyun to Myungsoo, before finally back to the boy next to her.

“What happen?”

“He spaced out; the coach hates it the most.”

“I think he’s in pain, do you see what happen?”

“No, maybe another foul play.”

“Will he be okay?”

That time, Jieun realizes it, that she and him were in the same position. Those boys, she know who they are. Boys who gives her chocolates during valentines and roses during autum. They are her fans. They are playing roughly toward Myungsoo, releasing their hates and anger. So he too, has been receiving as much hates as she received. Kim Myungsoo, when will this ends?

“Want to help him?” Woohyun , giving a sweet-gentle looking but also cool wink.

“W- What? How could I help him?” Jieun was flustered by his sudden action, although she might have not put a liking toward Woohyun, his wink manage to get her flustered.

“Cheer him! Shout!” Woohyun encourages her.

“No! It will be very embarrassing.”

“Do you want to see him getting scold again?”

“I thought you hate him. I think you would love looking at him getting scold all day long.”

“I’m not that cruel. He has been kind enough today. At least, he took a good care of you, Jieunnie.”

Silence. Jieun took a glance toward Woohyun, receiving a nod from him.

“KIM MYUNGSOO FIGHTING!!!”

She turned red from the embarrasement. She looks away, hiding behind Woohyun’s body before Myungsoo manages to see her.

Thank you, Jieun.

 

A/N

Hello, I am taking a break from school today. I got sick! Here’s the update and you will have to wait for another long time… kekeke… I will try updating another extra 2 chapters if I have enough time. I have a whole day of free time today. Now, questions! This story will be very very long, I mean very very very superbly long, therefore I will divide them to two parts. One main story and one sequel by the time this story ends. Would it be allright for all of you? I am rushing the plot right now, hope you don’t mind. Comments and subscribe!