59

Backstage Princess

The trip to Jeju was fun, or at least she likes how it ends. It has been a tiring vacation to her, since she has lots of stuff to do after getting back home from Jeju. Her relationship with Kim Myungsoo has improved so much, even Jiyeon started to question her about their relationship. She always shrugs it off and walks away like nothing important happen.

Myungsoo will wait for her in front of the school gate every morning and rather than forcing her, he would ask for opinion. Things have changed a lot eversince their trip to Jeju ended. Relationships have never been better and friendship doesn’t seem to be out of reach. However, if it’s love, the two still have a long way to go. Although, it doesn’t seems to be hard, to reach the possibilities. Flower blooms, some even blooms in winter.

The sun has almost set down, summer hasn’t ended yet. Although it is clear, that autumn will soon come and greets them. The heat doesn’t seem to burn and rather friendly, not fierce and wild like usual. The sky glows in an orange radiant color, with a splash of pinkish pain and slightly blue clouds. It was dry; the wind has turned tired from too much blowing.

Jieun sighed; it is going to be another long day. Myungsoo has been quite busy lately, despite the fact that the two has become closer. They no longer walk home together; Myungsoo has been busy preparing with his tournament. And Jieun has avoided going home early for some reasons, a good one- although Myungsoo has told her to go home early instead of waiting for him.

Truthfully, it wasn’t him that she’s waiting for. However, lately things have been happening. Things she didn’t expect or rather things she wasn’t even dreaming of. It is surprising how things could happen in a blink of an eye. Funny, isn’t it? And now she may have understood the real feelings of being Pil Suk, because right now, she’s in the same situation as she is.

She sighed again, and again. It hurts, it does, yet this is nothing. She has to stand strong because this is nothing. It hurts a bit, like being sting by an ant; it will only hurt a little. She needs to make sure she will get used to it soon, that she will not be hurt by a simple matter. Yes, she can’t break down. She’s strong; such a simple matter won’t be able to break her apart.

Click!

Her locker open, it was only a small locker, wasn’t created to keeps books. Although some students usually being a stubborn one, forcing their entire thick book into such a small locker. Jieun never do it, not anymore after it happen. She hasn’t told any body about it, not Woohyun and not even Jiyeon. She has been keeping it all to herself.

She sighed, seeing the awful view. Letters, she received hateful letters, written it red pen and harsh words. She doesn’t even realize such harsh words existed in the world; it was so harsh that she got shock to begin with. Therefore, she didn’t even bother to read such letters; it will be the best to throw them away.

Her lockers too, are painted in red colors, with harsh words clearly written in such a big size. It will be another troublesome job cleaning it, because the paint they use was hard enough to be clean. What was it today, the words written? Well, it will be too harsh to write it down, even to read it outloud. She wills definitely being thrown out from the school just by reading it. Just clean it, Jieun. Just clean it.

Today too, her locker was drenched in water and the smell was unbelievable. Thankfully, she has learnt enough lessons not to put anymore stuff inside her lockers. The smell, she can’t even figure out what mixture has they created to make such a smell. It stinks so much that it causes her to vomit several times. They have gone out of the line, but haven’t reached her limitless patient yet. That is why she has been keeping quiet.

And now, she has to bend down, picking up the entire shattered letter on the ground. They stuffed too much letter, causing it to burst out each time her open it. She doesn’t even have to read them, to know the cause, the goals, and the writers. Of course it it his fans, that got envy about their relationship.



It was a tiring day for Kim Myungsoo, he has been busy preparing his upcoming games. He will join the basketball tournament soon, because Nam Woohyun has rejected the offer due to…. Well, he doesn’t know either. He rarely has chances like this, since most of them rely on Woohyun more. He can’t blame them though; Woohyun does really have the talent to.

He hasn’t been able to see Jieun, at least spending some time with her. He has been ignoring her, and even letting her goes home on her own. It is safe, she will be fine, he knows it but he doesn’t really like the fact. He was scared that their distance would grow even further. They have been on good terms lately; he was scared it will end soon- their good terms.

Tired and sweaty, his body was sticky from too much sweat. He must stinks, even after taking a short bath. He should goes home quickly, texted Jieun, take a warm shower, and went straight to bed. Being Nam Woohyun replacement has caused people to have their hopes high and enough pressure to him.  


“Jieun!” His voice startled her, almost causing all the letters she has been picking up for the 15 minutes to burst up to the air.

Jieun blink her eyes, confused. His figure, standing two meters away from her. He looks tired and exhausted, with his tie loosen. She spent couple of minute froozing on her spot, before letting out a shy smile and throwing or those letters to the dust bin. And now, she will be in trouble. She could see it, a glimpse of curiosity and confusion reflected from his eyes.

“You haven’t gone home yet?” Myungsoo asked.

“No, you gone home earlier today.”

“What are those?” Myungsoo asked pointing to the dust bin.

“Nothing, just some drabble that I have no longer need.”

“Drabble? What drabbles? Designing clothes? You never do drabbles, Jieun.”

“I do drabble at class, when I’m bored.”

“Such a bad liar.”

“I’m not lying.”

“And what are those?”

Jieun could see it, how his face darkens as his dark orbs find his way to her lockers. He read it, he read it, and she will be in big trouble now. He was gritting his teeth and clenching his fist, with an upset smile over a gentle one. He saw it, those harsh words dedicated to her, written in her lockers. He must have seen it all.

“Nothing, it’s not mine.”

“Bad liar! They even pour water!”

“Its okay, Myungsoo. They will stop soon.”


Myungsoo was shocked; he could feel a knife stabbing his heart. He wasn’t hurt, not at all; it wasn’t him who was supposed to get hurt. Yet it pains him a lot, seeing the writings inside her lockers, mocking her to the core. Harsh words, harsher than he could ever imagine. How would be she feeling now? Does it hurt a lot?

Yet why would she put up such a sweet-shy smile like nothing happen? She didn’t tell him either, why? He thought they have gone closer, enough to share each other problems. But this day, she locks up again, shutting herself down. Does it hurt, Jieun? Does it hurt? Because those words must have hit you hard.

B****

Simply calling her a e

Give back our Myungsoo!

It was only three of them that he manages to read, before she slams it close. He can’t bear seeing her hanging her head low, smiling that way to him. It’s his fault that this happen, it’s his fault. Because he know all this girls wanted was for them to break up. Those envious girls were hurting her, simply to make their relationship scattered to pieces and finally lead to another break up.

“Myungsoo….” She called.

“Jieun-ah, how long?”

“A week.” She sighed, showing her best smile.

“Why don’t you tell me?”

“You are busy, Myungsoo. And I can handle these things by myself.”

“But at least you could just tell me, text me, call me, I don’t care! You should have told me!”

“You are very busy, Myungsoo.”

“I will never be too busy for my girlfriend.” He whispers, leaning closer to her.

“I will be okay.”

“Those words are… very harsh, Jieun. How could you be okay?”

“Don’t worry, Myungsoo, I will be just fine.” She said, patting his back.

“Have they done anything else to you?”

“No,” she shook her head.

Bad liar.


She could feel it, other things that strangely have been happening. It has caused enough fear to build up inside her. She wasn’t this type of person, the type who get scared easily, being the oldest has caused her to be brave and mature. To protect the dears one, she has gone through so much things, even the scariest thing has brought her no fear.

However, these days she has been feeling something strange. She could feel it, each time she took a walk home; somebody seems to be following her around. And for once or twice, she would be drenched in water- water that comes from nowhere. Myungsoo has been too busy to be drag around, walking her home. Therefore, these things seem to happen a lot.

She was scared, not because she might get kidnapped or those kind of things, but more likely because of her sister. Kim Pil Suk, she might be in danger if Jieun… brought some hates upon the sisters. It’s easy, how to destroy Lee Ji Eun. You could just put her sister on the line and she will gives up right away.

She knows it- some people who has been stalking her around. It was very creepy; sometimes she would found herself being very terrified. Once or twice, she was hit by rocks or cans. Of course, it comes from them, who stalks her.

To be honest, the way out was simple. More than simple, it was advantageous. She would be freed, just by seeking the way out of this trouble. She would be happy, by the time this matter come to an end. She won’t get hurt, not the slightest bit, and instead she would be the winner. She would win; she would finally achieve her dreams. Yet it feels so wrong.

“Jieun, they only want you to break up with me.”

“I know, Myungsoo.”

“Then, why don’t you just break up with me?”

“Do you want me to break up with you?”

The suffocating silence. She stares deep to his dark orbs, seeking for answers and honesty. No one talks, they just stares at each other, trying to found the answer deep inside their hearts. The lips that tremble scared to get hurt, scared to hurt, scared to make the wrong choices.

“It’s the game, isn’t it? That’s why you can’t break up with me- because your games haven’t finished yet.” She smiles bitterly.

The game, how could they ever forget about it?

It hits him hard, almost suffocating him to death. Why? Because he thought, the game was already over. He didn’t have any intention of continuing it, he would like everything to be normal. He would like their relationship to be bound by hearts, not games. It hurts him how she thinks they are playing his game. After everything they have spent together, the game has not yet to be forgotten by her. Seems like they still have a long way to go.

“Yeah, you know… My game isn’t over yet.” He answered as his face darkens.

Jieun saw it, how his face darkens. She knows very well, how she has hurt him. She didn’t mean it, yet it is something necessary to do. She has to keep her hopes low, or she might get hurt. She needs to win; sometimes their closeness has stumbled on her goal. That is why she needs to get her mind straight, to get her goals achieves, and to never forget about the game. That way, their closeness would never stumble on her goal.

She doesn’t want to get blinded; she didn’t want to get confused. Win, win, and win! She should only win; she should open her eyes wide and win for sure. Yes, win. Although she know it would hurt, losing wasn’t an option. Because everything is confusing, even losing might hurt her even more. It is the best not to stumble anymore, but simply to remember the game- and only the game.

“I can’t break up with you, can’t I?”

He stays silent.

“Let’s just go home, shall we?”

“You are tired, just go home. I need to clean this mess before going home.”

“Let me help you.”

“I don’t want you to be exhausted; you have your upcoming games and training.”

“Whose mistakes are these? Mine, Jieun, so let me help you.”

“Myungsoo-ah, you don’t have to feel guilty.”

“Jieun, the next time something like this happen, please tell me. Because I would never be too busy for my girlfriend.”