54

Backstage Princess

 

Its cold, as the breezes greets her skin. She wrapped herself inside a thin fabric, to prevent her body from shivering even more. Cold, her body trembles every time the wind greets her petite body. The fabric wasn’t good enough to warm her up and now she’s trembling cold.

Shrugging off the cold freezing breezes, she took a glance at the piece of paper in front of her eyes. She looks around; everyone was holding one of a kind, holding their paper. Some of them frown and some other giggled as they are satisfied. Jieun hasn’t had the chance to take a peek of her paper; she hopes it would turn out just great.

7

Lucky number 7, who does she got paired up with? She took a glance at Woohyun’s piece of paper, in black ink it was written the number 10. Being disappointed, she looks around, looking at Jiyeon’s pieces of paper, number 3. Who does they got paired up with? There were too many people, to look at them one by one.

They’re going to travel tonight, in pair, searching for something Suzy’s called couple ring. She had asked someone to hide it somewhere, and they all would search for it all night long. She had even prepare tricks, that would scare them in instant. The winner could get a dinner for two, a romantic dinner in Jeju Island best restaurant.

“What number do you get, Jieun?”

“7.”

“The three of us are going to get separated.”

Jieun sighed, it’s not good. She has never been the one who socialize easily, she’s rather shy. Meeting new people would only get her anxious and by times she might feel very uncomfortable. Once she go uncomfortable, she would turn clumsy. It will be troublesome for her pair to handle her clumsy self.

“Myungsoo~, what number do you get?” Suzy voice echoed, as she flirt with the man.

“Come on, let me see!” Suzy grab the piece of paper from his hand, he heaved a sighed. He’s annoyed by her action.

“Oh, too bad you and I aren’t going to be together. I have been hoping to spend the night together with you. I got the number 10!” Suzy exclaimed.

“I’m trapped with that flirt.” Woohyun sighed, as he shook her head.

Jiyeon laughed at him and Jieun couldn’t help but giggled. Woohyun will be in big trouble, searching for couple ring together with her. Suzy would flirt all night and Woohyun has to prevent himself from throwing up. He has never been a fan of Suzy, he hates the way she act and especially when she turn flirty.

“Anyone get number 10? Myungsoo got 7, a slight miss.”

Jieun freezes, that man got the number 7. She once again takes a look at her paper, 7. Does her eye has a problem, it’s impossible. She spin the paper around, hoping for another number except 7. Even having the number 1 is okay, or being paired with one of the INFINITE is okay. Just not him, not 7, please not 7.

She blinks a couple of times before figuring the number written on her paper. 7, again 7, and again 7. Was she wrong? She freezes, it really is 7. Is she going to get paired with him the whole night? The thought of it already sends shiver down her body. No, she doesn’t want to be paired by him. She might get killed again.

“Jieun-ah, are you okay?”

“Jiyeon, my number. It’s 7.”

The three gasp and Woohyun was furious. Jieun might be found lifeless the next morning if the two was paired up. It’s the worst option. How could this happen? This couple must be really lucky to be together all the time.

“Jieun-ah, let’s exchange. I’m 3; I will paired up with Myungsoo and you…” She whispers silently.

Jieun mind was going blank, she can’t think about anything. She was too scared; she shrinks into a little buny trying to avoid the hungry wolf. Her finger tips tremble and her eyes were gazing blankly at the number. It’s better to get 6, she could switch it to 9 or 6, any number she would like. But number 7, even though she could turn it into 1, it would seems weird.

“Anybody got number 3?! Number 3 here!” Jiyeon shouted.

“I do!” Hoya comes to the three. Fate must be playing around tonight.

“Let’s exchange, Jieun. You’re going to be safe with Hoya and I’m going to take the risk going with Myungsoo.”

“It might even be dangerous for you, Jiyeon!” Woohyun shook his head in disagreement.

“I learn Taekwondo, I even mastered it. Relax Woohyun, I bring my phone with me.”

“Alright then. Just be careful. I never cared about you, but please be careful.”

“Hoya, you’re paired with Jieun. Myungsoo, you’re with me!” Jiyeon shouted as she snatch Jieun paper away and switch it.


Myungsoo saw it, how her whole body freezes when Suzy reveals his number. She must have gotten the same number as she is. How lucky of him yet she doesn’t seem to be happy at all. She freezes, spins her paper around and keeps blinking her eyes. She badly wants to avoid him, he notices it. He must have scared her too much.

Their eyes met for a moment, but she soon avoids his away and he did the same soon after. He didn’t want to scare her too much. He’s very sure; deep inside he’s sure she got the same number as he is. She won’t be freezing like that if it’s any other man. It’s a good thing she didn’t get paired up with Woohyun.

However, it surprises him too much when Jiyeon shouted him to be with her instead of Jieun. She must have switched their number, and Jieun end up being together with Hoya. He frowns in disappointment as he stares at her. She was blank, unable to gather herself together. He must have turn into a monster that she fears him that much.

He could see how Hoya was surprised about the fact, that cheeky boy must have realizes it too. Walking toward the Gossip Queen, he could smell her scent, Jieun’s. His heart almost skips a beat just by looking at her, smelling her scent. Peach.

“Kim Myungsoo, we should get going.” Jiyeon said, dragging the boy with her.

Suzy was next to Jieun, her hand roaming all over Woohyun’s body. Woohyun groans as he mouth Jieun ‘how annoying’. Jieun giggled and waves her hand, ready to set off soon. Woohyun frowns again, upset by the pairing. He needs to prevent himself from throwing out, he feels itchy being touch by Suzy.

“Tch, how lucky that Gossip Dino is, getting paired up with Kim Myungsoo. But never mind, getting you wasn’t bad either.” She smiles, leaning for a kiss, only to be pushed aside by Woohyun.

“Oh, you’re body is so~ perfect.” She hugs him tight, finger roaming all over his abs.

“Disgusting little….” He frowns.

Soon the three went to their separates way, Suzy link her hands with his arm, being sweet and all flirty. Woohyun frowns every time Suzy hands roam over his body. He feels like his stomach is going to explode soon enough, because the butterflies inside has gotten sick and disgusted by her act.


“You’re number 3? I thought Jiyeon was 3.” Hoya asked, as he held the torch light tight, as they went searching in the middle of the night.

“Jiyeon was 3, but we switch.”

“You’re supposed to be…” She flinched by the sudden skin ship Hoya made, their finger tip suddenly brush each other.

“Sorry, I’m sorry. I was supposed to be 7.” She apologizes for making him feels uncomfortable.

“No, no. I can understand. You have improved a lot, compared to yesterday.”

“I am adjusting myself, Howon. I’m sorry if it’s uncomfortable.”

“Call my name again, Jieun.”

“Hoya?”

“No, my name.”

Howon.

“Again.”

Howon.”

“Once more.”

“Hoya? What are you doing?” Jieun waves her hand in front of his face as he shut his eyes closed.

“Listening to your voice. I like it when you call my name. It rings a bell, it flows like a melody. You should call my name often, and before I sleep. I would sleep peacefully after hearing it.”

“You’re being cheeky and mushy, Hoya.” Jieun giggled.

“We should get going now.”


Park Jiyeon and Kim Myungsoo, the awkward pair searches through the night. Nobody talks or even dare to touch one another. Jiyeon wasn’t scared of Myungsoo, neither is he scared of her. They simply ignore each other as they keep a 2 meters distance. It was silence along the way.

“You… Park Jiyeon, you own the number 3, yes?”

“I own the number 7, bad luck. I end up with you. I guess neither of us is lucky today.”

“She own 7 and you own 3, you switch it?”

“Indeed. How magnificent of you, Myungsoo. I switch it, I’m not dumb enough to let her be with you. I don’t want to find her dead body.”

“Watch out with your mouth, Jiyeon.”

“You should watch out with your act, Mr. Kim.”

“I have done nothing to harm you; the three of you are only making it up. Why? So she would hate me more?”

“You should define ‘nothing’, Myungsoo. If ‘nothing’ means putting her life at the edge of living, threatening her to kill herself, bringing pain upon that petite lady, I was even more scared of your definition of the word ‘something’.”

“I have had apologize to her, wasn’t that supposed to be enough? She’s making a great deal out of it.”

“Big deal? I brought a gun with me, ready to point it to your head and pull the trigger. How terrified are you going to be? I threaten you that I will kill her. And then, I stop and said sorry. Enough to make you forgive me?”

He fell to silence. It’s true, damn it! What she’s saying is absolutely true; there is no way Jieun would ever forgive him. Even after he kneeled and jump off from the cliff won’t make her forgive him. Has he really gotten out of his mind? How could he done something like that?

“What is it, Myungsoo? The real reason of the game?”

The question was enough to snap him out of his thought. It was a question out of the blue, it shocked him more than ever. Why would she ask such a thing? It was nothing tied to her, none of her business.

“None of your business, Jiyeon.”

“You drag my best friend and it has become a business of mine. You shouldn’t have dragged her in the first place.”

He fell to the silence, as he was left speechless by the woman. She changes, so much from her usually bubbly and clumsy personality. Her words are intense, her stares was fierce. The way she talked was very serious that it sends shiver down his body.

“Was it your revenge to Woohyun? Was it that single revenge that caused you to built such a game?”

“Was it as simple as revenge?”

“Or was it your true nature that turns you into such a cruel man planning such a dangerous game?”

“Was your hidden feeling means nothing? Was your feeling for her has no effect?”

“What is it, Myungsoo? The real reason behind the game. You haven’t even gone to the real game, yet thing has turn messy.”

“It is my business, Jiyeon. You shall never know my reason.”

“Then what is the real intension of your game?”

“How much do you know about my game?”

“Everything. I know everything.”

“You are messing up with my mind. There’s no way you could know.”

“It depends how much you believe in me and my words. Has I spread false rumor before?”

“I have never told anyone before; I have kept it as secret. There is no way you could now.”

“I’m the Gossip Queen, Myungsoo. There are things only I can do.”

“Let’s just sit back and wait for the game to end. I don’t want to search for the couple rings and wear it with you.” Jiyeon sit down and left the man speechless.


The game has been going on for fifteen minutes and soon a screaming sound echoed. It was scary, sending shivers down one’s body. It was a woman, screaming faintly from a far as if it was going to be eaten by the darkness. Myungsoo flinched when the voice reaches him and Jiyeon stand up right away.

It took a while before they could gather their mind together, it was midnight and their brain was too tired. And then it came to them, one conclusion. It’s Jieun voice. Lee Ji Eun is in trouble. It doesn’t take much time before Jiyeon started to dial her phone number and Myungsoo rushing toward the voice.

“Jieun, are you okay?” Woohyun has arrived, together with his pair.

“Jieun, what happen? You never shout before.” Jiyeon arrived, followed by Myungsoo.

The three pair gathered at one spot, to see each other. Jieun was hugging Hoya tightly, as she shut her eyes closed. Hoya embraces her tightly and soon lifts her up. He sighed, seeing what was walking beneath them. He sighed in relief.

“Tell me what happen.” Woohyun asked, shoving Suzy off and let her bump to the dirty ground.

“It’s a snake. She’s scared of snakes, she was surprised. It’s not dangerous.”

“A snake? Where?” Even the little dino freaks out.

“Jieun-ah, its okay, the snake is gone.” Hoya whispers.

“I’ll go with you.” Woohyun said.

“Are you leaving me alone for that girl, Woohyun?” Suzy frowns, rubbing her .

“Yes, I am you flirt. Go, find someone else. I don’t care.” He walks away.

“I’m going with them.” Myungsoo said, before Suzy managed to grab his wrist.

“I’m going with her.” Jiyeon added, being extra careful.

“The three of you are choosing her over me! She’s a little…..”

“Shut up! One more words and I will make sure you’re dead, Bae Suzy.” In a flash, Myungsoo grab her chin and force her too replied his intense gaze. He walks away soon enough, before Suzy roam her hand all over his body.


“I will carry you, Jieun-ah.” Myungsoo said, yet that girl ignores him and climb to Woohyun’s back.

He grabs her wrist before Woohyun manages to lift her up. He looked at her, with genuine gentle eyes, with pleading eyes and the sense of guilt and regret reflected. She looked back at his dark orbs, but without a smile. Her looks was rather empty.

“Trust me, Jieun-ah.”

Silence...

“I can’t, Myungsoo. I can no longer trust you. I’m sorry.”

She can’t trust him, no, not anymore.

What should he do to make her forgive him?
 

A/N

Sorry, I make Suzy the bad girl here. It’s fiction, okay? Sorry to Suzy fans out there. Here’s the double updates for today. I will be on HIATUS from now onwards. So please wait for the next update on June 1st. I will be away for more than three months, so please wait patiently and keeps this story subscribe. Left me lots of comments okay! I will come back soon.