65

Backstage Princess

It was something he does out of frustration- that he wakes up at four o’clock this morning and search for her right away, that he barge into each and every room of the school, that he skipped the first two classes of the day, and that he began to went wild today. And now, here he is, at the rooftop, yelling and sighing in frustration.

Where is she? Where the hell is she? He has made sure that he had checked each and every places twice, for him not to miss anything. He even get another warning and long scolds from the teachers, and in the end of the day he loses their trust upon him. He wants to tell the police, yet it feels so wrong. They don’t even have the slightest clue of where she is or who did this.

“Where the hell are you, Lee Ji Eun?!” He shouted, anger and anxiety.

He wants to punch something by now, destroying it to pieces. It will be the best way- venting his anger upon something or someone. He would like to punch Nam Woohyun, if it’s possible. However, it is impossible. It would only made things worse. They have to find Jieun and all the yelling and shouting could be listed as the next things to do.


Jieun was half-asleep with no strength left. She has been dragging her body around and once in a while, she would bang the door. Pil Suk was suffering the dehydration and asthma that has caused her to faint several times. They have no enough medicine to at least thank precautions on Pil Suk disease.

“Where the hell are you, Lee Ji Eun?!”

It startled Jieun, the voice of the man. She was relieves, that finally she could hear his voice and knowing he was there. It was wrong of her, to have suspicion against him before and now she has been regretting it. Jieun can’t be anymore happier, knowing that he cares for her.

Inhaling all the left oxygen, Jieun gathers up all the strength she had left, banging the door and shouting in low voice. She could only hope it would be enough. Pil Suk too was awake after hearing her favorite oppa’s voice. There were glimpse of light in their eyes, light of hopes.

“Hello, is anyone there?! Is anyone there?!” She yelled.

Myungsoo could feel how his heart stops at the very moments. He could hear it, the faint-barely audible voice. It sounded desperate and weak. For one second, he wants to curse the voice so badly, for seeking for help at such crucial moments. He has to find Jieun, not helping some other people. But soon, he ran towards the voice with satisfaction.

“Jieun?! Are you there?!” He yelled, wishing that it is her rather than some crazy woman.

“Myungsoo… I’m here with Pil Suk.” It was a whisper that escaped Jieun’s lip.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo was anxious. Jieun’s voice sounded so weak and funerable, husky and low at the same time.

“I’m fine… But Pil Suk is…”

“I understand,” Myungsoo tried to unlock the door, but only to meet an obvious answer. “Damn it!”

“Please get us out of here, Myungsoo. Pil Suk needs to go to the hospital.”

“Who did this to you, Jieun?”

“I have no idea,” Jieun was about to cry, thinking of the incident.

“Tell me what happen then.”

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo. I don’t think I could do that, it’s very stuffy here. I don’t have the strength to.” Her voice was fading away.

“Just hold on, Jieun. I will get you out of here.”


One stupid Kim Myungsoo, how can he not think about it before? He had checked all the places, except the rooftop. How could he forget that such a room existed? Maybe, he thinks too much about the other places. Or maybe, he underestimated the power of the mastermind. Well, the rooftop has always been a forbidden place. The room has always been locked for the past decades. It is now clear to them- that the mastermind wasn’t just playing around. He or she was serious, to bring pain upon the siblings.

The question is who? Who did this? Myungsoo has to dig his brain deep, to find the mastermind. However, until now he had found none who would do such a cruel thing. At least not his fangirls, since they are not that crazy. They could be mean at times, but not cruel and risky. They chooses safe zone to risky one. Therefore, let’s eliminate them from the list.

He had yet to tell Woohyun that he had find Jieun. Rather than receiving a thanks, he might get scolded instead. He could imagine Woohyun yelling at him for not finding the key and messing around. This is too troublesome. The Gossip Queen, maybe she knows something? But Jiyeon hasn’t been fine for the last few days. She catches a cold.

Boys, Myungsoo don’t think they would bring harm upon their lovely princess. Therefore, boys are eliminated for sure. He can’t think of any, not at all. Everybody loves Jieun, well except those superbly jealous fangirls. They too, won’t kill her for something as simple as having Kim Myungsoo back, right? This is driving him crazy, the blurry puzzle pieces of clue.

Who hates Jieun? Who is a meanie? Damn! He can’t find any. Hoya too has been busy, helping Myungsoo on solving the puzzle-pieces. Hoya freaks out, knowing Jieun was missing. He was the last to know, since Myungsoo has only told him this morning. They have quite an argument before finally calming down to solve the mystery.

The one who hates Jieun… The one who is cruel enough to do something like this…. The one who is a meanie…. The one is….

“Where are you going?” Hoya asked, as soon as Myungsoo stand up.

“I know it! The mastermind!” Myungsoo said in satisfaction as he rushes out of the classroom.

“Hey, mind telling me?!” Hoya yelled, only to be ignored by Myungsoo.


She was walking carefreely; spreading her charms and melt every boy’s heart. Her long hair falls perfectly below her shoulder. Her smile was charming, as it was flawless. Being her boyfriend will be each and every boy pleasure. Yet today, she had made a wrong choice.

Myungsoo was following her behind. Soon, the crowd disbanded and he followed her to a rather deserted place. It was when he decided to make a move. He grabbed her arm harshly and slammed her body to the wall, before pinning both her hand to the corner. He was furious, knowing this is the girl who had brought pain upon Jieun.

“Nice to meet you, Bae Suzy.” He whispers to her ears with delight while smirking viciously. His tone was intimidating.

“Woah, you came for me.”

“Who knows? I’m a heartbreaker, I jumps from girls to girls. Guess, you are the lucky one today.”

“Oppa! You don’t know how much I miss you… but you are hurting me!” Suzy exclaimed, leaning for a kiss as she struggles to get rid of his strong grip.

“Let’s get back to business, shall we?”

“What business? I thought we are going to be lovey-dovey today. I don’t mind sleeping with you.”

“Flirt. Where’s the key?” It didn’t take much time, before Myungsoo directly go to the point. Well, he doesn’t have time to be messing around, talking nonsense.

“What key? I don’t think you will be that naughty, Mr. Handsome.” Suzy started to smile viciously, seducing the boy.

“Stop acting dumb! Where is it?!” Myungsoo yelled, almost surprising everyone.

“We need a little privacy, don’t we? Let’s go somewhere more private.” She winks.


“Where is the key?” He asked, regaining his composture before exploding like a bomb. He can’t take it anymore, this girl’s games.

“I thought so; you are searching for the key, not me. How disappointing… you should ask for me thought, not the key.” She shook her head.

“I want the key! Where is it, flirt?”

“Woah, what would Jieun said if she heard this? She must be upset… you’re badmouthing me boy.”

“Who the hell cares? Give me the keys!” He shouted.

“You must have fallen for her. Well… the keys… you can’t take it, only I could take it. Those girls’ clothes, I put them underneath their clothes.” The wicked-witch points to the group of girls, running around the hallways.

“Take them!” He demanded, again pinning her to the wall harshly as she yelped in pain.

“Oh, no. It’s not that easy, my dear. There is a price for everything.”

“What do you want, Suzy?”

A kiss.” She pouted her lip, leaning for a kiss.


“What are you doing, one crazy bastard?!” Woohyun yelled, running toward the boy as he charges another punch.

Myungsoo gasped, being swayed away by the sudden power. He gasped for air, as he was thrown away from Suzy. The pain was unbearable, that he feels like dying. Bruises, he’s sure the bruises will soon come out as the blood started to roll down his lip, cheek, and also nose. Woohyun was beating him up so badly, as Suzy watches it all happen.

There were tears in her eyes, threatening to fall, yet she looks very satisfied. Her lip was bleeding, traces of blood could be found. Myungsoo’s smell was all over her. She looks satisfied as she wiped off her lip, smiling as if she has won some championship.

Their lip crash, Suzy’s and Myungsoo’s. She asked for a kiss and without much thinking, he gave it to her, crashing their lips together. It wasn’t something Myungsoo like, but things have gone out of his control and he has something more important rather than worrying about the kiss. Their lips crash for two long minutes, dragging to a rough kiss. Myungsoo was furious, as he bit her lip harshly, leaving it bleeding.

“Are you with her? Are you the one planning Jieun’s kidnapping? If it’s about our business, you should have killed me instead!” Woohyun was more than furious, as he keeps on beating up the poor guy. Jiyeon was there, but only standing still, amaze at what she had just seen. Her bestfriend’s boyfriend kissing another girl.

“You really are a…” Jiyeon couldn’t help it but held her curses in or else she might get in trouble.

“Oh, dear, see whose coming? Miss me? I will spend the night with you two, handsome boys.” Suzy flirt again.

“Shut up!” Thanks to her flirting, she receives a slap from Jiyeon and a shout from Nam Woohyun. You deserve it, one mean girl.

“Oh, how mean of you. I should get going now… and Myungsoo-sii, thank you for the kiss. I like it.” Suzy said, before storming away.

“Not so fast, Suzy! Key!” Myungsoo managed to shout between Woohyun’s punches.

“Oh, here you go your so called key.” Suzy slipped her hand beneath her uniform, pulling out a gold-colored key. “Find it somewhere, okay?” She throws it outside to window.

“Damn you, Bae Suzy!”