18 : The Game Begun

Backstage Princess

"You are the Backstage Princess, you must be very shy. I'm sure it took you a lot of courage to face us all." 

"Don't you dare planning it! Stop testing my nerve, Kim Myungsoo." Jieun eyes widen as she speculate Myungsoo's game plan. 

"Well, yes I am. Confessed to me, dear. In front of the whole school. Clear and loud. Don't forget to make a lunch for me. I'm not testing you never, but rather your guts." 

"No! It's too embarrassing. Do you want me to faint? And never would I make a lunch for you, if you force me to, I will poison you." Jieun threaten. 

"Oh, well. Should I put an end on your sister critical life?" 

"You gave me no other option. I will have to agree then. Just for you to know, don't complained to me when you got stomache." 

"You have manner, Jieun. And also pride, don't forget that."

"It existed not for you. For all of the people in the world, but not for you and your group." 

"Let's get back to bussiness, shall we?"

"And the reason I need to confessed to you? It would be a silly plan that you made, if you never think about it."

"Of course, I had. Remember the incident 2 days ago?"

Jieun fell into silence. She remember it more than clearly. The day she was hurt and Pil Suk break down. She could remember every single detail about it. How she was called a plastic, how Kim Myungsoo tried to become her hero. Oh no, don't tell her he's..

"Remember how I became your hero? Well, a simple one, yes?" 

"I would rather die than having you as my hero." 

"Not a good choice, Jieun. I have planned it well enough for you to simply follows it." 

"And I would, only to protect my sister. I will never fall for someone like you, Kim Myungsoo." 

"Enough for today, Lee Ji Eun. By the time we dated, I'm sure my popularity will burst. I guess I will need to thank you when the time has arrived."

"When will the confession take place? Where exactly?"

"Tomorrow, of course. At the school hall, I will gather everyone there. Don't you dare ruining it." 

"I wouldn't dare to. Who knows what you would do next. You could have just killed my sister." 

"A smart decision, should I say." 

"In the end, we will break up, yes?"

Another long silence that fills the evening, before Kim Myungsoo answered her question clearly. He was shocked, hearing her question. He never plan about the end, he only wanted to know where it will drove the two of them. 

"Of course. It's never been love to begin with." 

She was very satisfied with his answer. She doesn't want to be bonded to someone like him. Jieun walks away, swallowing every single tears. Her tears keeps on threatening her from falling down her cheek. She took her step away, carefully. However, her body has became too restless to gather enough strength, just to walk normally. She stumbles on her own steps, falling down couples of time. If it's not Myungsoo again, who is sustaining her body, she might have fainted. 

"Lee Ji Eun, weren't you afraid of getting hurt?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Why should I? I have been broken beyond repair. How much more pain.. How much more broken.. How much more suffering.. Could I felt?" Jieun answered weakly. 

Myungsoo losen his grip, letting her ran away from his sight. 

"And Kim Myungsoo, my sister shall never know about this." Jieun said firmly, before she disappeared completely from his sight.

The game has finally begun. 

 


"Lee Ji Eun! Lee Ji Eun! Jieun-ah!" It was Hoya voice that echoed. 

Jieun didn't even look back, she continued walking in a rushing speed. She doesn't care about Hoya's voice calling after her name. 

"IU! Stop!" Hoya called her again.

This time, she stop. IU, her childhood name. How much she miss those childhood memories. Hoya was one of her childhood friends. Although they have grown apart, their memories stay still inside their heart, turning into treasure as days passed by. Only those who are close enough to her, could call her with her childhood name, IU. 

"What is it, Hoya?" Jieun turn back, looking at him. 

"You should rest. Look how worse your appearance have became. There are black circles under you eyes and sadness within your brown orbs. Rest, IU!" 

"Don't call me IU! You have hurt Pil Suk, how could you still call me with that name?" Jieun asked. 

"You are a friend of Nam Woohyun, Jieun. He used to be a lot more cruel than Kim Myungsoo. Why can't you forgive Myungsoo then?" 

"At least Woohyun change Hoya. He change, unlike that L guy." 

"I beg you, IU. Just rest." he pleaded.

Jieun didn't even bother to listen. She have had enough and now, her long gone childhood friend want to interfere with her life. No, she wouldn't let him in. She continued to walk away, heading to the hospital, checking on Pil Suk's condition. The doctor has yet to release a statement about her condition, which means her life is still in a critical state. 

This way, she just hope it will work out. By giving herself up to Kim Myungsoo. 

 

And now, the game has officially begun.