50

Backstage Princess

 

Here she is, standing in front of Jeju beach. It was as beautiful as ever. The sun rays gives off a sparkle, green-bluish color of the ocean.  The heat was simply perfect, it wasn’t too hot that it would burn you nor was it too cold to enjoy the beach. The white sand gives off a relaxing aura. It was simply the perfect place to enjoy summer vacation.

It didn’t change at all. She could find it, the memories of this place being buried under her traumatize memories. It didn’t change, she doubt it would ever change. However it too, would never stop to captivate her. No matter how horrible the past that was created in this place, she can’t help but loving it, she can’t help but missing it.

The breezes blow gently, caressing her cheek, touching her hair. It was a greeting, to welcome the lady who has long gone. Even the breezes miss her. How long has she disappeared? How long has she been hiding? How long has she been lying?

Here she is, her feet buried underneath the white sand. She froze; her gaze was glued to the ocean as the waves come to greet her. They miss her too. How long has she been avoiding them? She keeps her distance, unable to overcome her fear. She just stands there, freeze like a mannequin.

She hates the beach, from her heart. She hates it, she truly hates the beach. Tell her how much fun it is to play at the beach, tell her how much beautiful it is, yet she will hates them. She will stood on her own, protecting her opinion, that beach simply is hateful. She didn’t dare to touch it, to even see it. She has been avoiding the beach, as long as she could ever remember. But here she is, joining the trip without thinking further. Such a stupid lady.

Has she gone out of her mind? She used to be such a wise girl, who walks on the path of truth. And where has she gone to? Just because Kim Myungsoo threaten her, forcing her to kill herself, and in the end looking down on her; doesn’t mean she has to prove herself by joining the trip. She never thinks such an enjoyable trip would become a nightmare, simply because she refuses to join it.

Her hand tremble, her mind rushes back, remembering how a knife almost put an end to her life. To be exact, how she almost fall to his spell. How she almost got trapped in it, without trying to struggle free. She almost get cursed, his cursed.

“Jieun-ah, let’s go!” Jiyeon yelled, running toward the beach. She spotted Jieun, standing far away from the beach. Barely seeing the ocean.

She only smiled, gazing blankly at the ocean, as the replied to her invitation. She was scared, just to take another step forward. Years have passed ever since the incident takes place, why can’t she forget it? Has she turned into such a revengeful person? Why can’t she forgives him and forget everything? Why can’t she get over this trauma? Has she become too cautious?

She doesn’t know anymore, she doesn’t know why she chooses to join this trip. She doesn’t know why she took the risk to get hurt again. Being here with Woohyun and Jiyeon would never guarantee here safety. Kim Myungsoo is out there, ready to strikes again when the time has arrived.


Hoya was stealing glances to the lady, who choose to have some private time alone, far far away from the beach. She was scared; he could see it from the reflection of her gaze. It was blank and gloomy; she wasn’t paying attention at everything or anything. She has been gazing around, drowning herself inside her traumatizing past.

This is the place, this is exactly the place. Jeju Island, was the place where the incident takes place almost 10 years ago, when the two was barely 8 years old. They were still very young, a third grade elementary school student. Of course they would stick around their childhood friends, playing like there’s no tomorrow. And it was the day when he was trying hard to have some fun.

May be, he should have redefined the word ‘fun’, because at the end, no one was having fun. Jieun was 8 years old, barely able to live on her own, barely able to live after the divorce of her parents. It was the last day for Jieun and her family, one last time to be united before breaking apart. Her parents were keeping it secret but Jieun has already known about it. She knows the truth.

It was supposed to be a happy and enjoyable trip until he ruined it. He was brought together to the vacation with some more of her friends, who was no longer close to them. Jeju Island is a beautiful place, however by time; the waves could get unbelievably gigantic and wild. And at some points, you could found cliffs and coral, quite dangerous to be around it.

It was supposed to be a fun thing to do, to cheer up the upset girl. However, it turns into a dangerous, upsetting situation when he decided to push her off from the edge of the lighthouse, pushing her directly to the ocean without thinking any further. She was 8 and was known as a great swimmer, however as a young age girl, she doesn’t have enough strength to fight the wild waves. She drowns, barely alive after getting saved.

It has broken them apart, the incident. It separates the two and the distance grows wider as time pass by. He was too scared to talk to her, feeling guilty after what he did. He never realizes it was something wrong until people started to get panic. He thought it was something for fun, something to cheer her up. He never thought it would end up hurting her.

She was traumatized by the incident. Despite the distance between the two, he constantly checks on her, with the help of her maid and butlers. She was unable to touch the swimming pool even after 2 years and until now; she was unable to overcome her fear. Although it has been 10 years, she hasn’t been able to visit any beach.

And today, why would she come? She must be terrified by now, as her mind rush back to remember the incident. It must have been very scary; he could see how her fingers tremble and her teeth biting her pink lip. That is why she stood there, doing nothing. That is why she hopelessly gazes at the beach and clench her fist.

It’s Kim Myungsoo fault. Although they have long been separated, he knows who Jieun really is. He knows what type of person Jieun is, a person who understanding yet would stick around only to her own perspective when it comes to important decision. Her perspective has always been the best and she knows that very well. She knows whether she needs to change her perspective or stick to it. And this time, she seems to be changing her perspective.

Hoya was scared, deep down. Kim Myungsoo was truly a cruel man; the INFINITE knows it more than well. He could hurt her any time, any second, anywhere. He’s simply dangerous. However, what scares Hoya the most was her figure, being hurt again in this same place, by the same incident, and worse, by the same person. He’s so scared that he needs to steal a glance every single second.


Kim Myungsoo was having too much pride, simply to say sorry and approach her gently. He has too much pride, to admit his mistake and apologize. He has too much pride, to be crush under her control. He has too much pride, to let himself admit his mistake and let her to ease her pain. He simply has too much pride.

He was sticking his gaze closely to her figure. She looks scared, biting her lip until it bleeds. Doesn’t she feel the pain? It must be very painful, but it seems she doesn’t take any notice to the pain. She was scared of the beach, now he could finally figure it out, why she refuses to join the trip. What has he done? He had almost killed her again, by forcing her to join the trip.

She was standing so far away from the beach, without any bodyguards to protect her. She was in a daze; it would be very easy to kidnap her and dragged her away. It worried him a lot, although he has too much pride to admit his mistake, he was as much bravery to approach her.

He was anxious inside, as he walks toward her. He could feel Hoya, glaring at him from time to time. They haven’t reconciled at all, even the INFINITE was turning their back against him. He used to be the one, taking control over them. But this time, he’s alone, he’s alone. He can’t do anything but stay calm and quiet.

She didn’t notice his presence, as she was drowning herself inside her thoughts deeply. He cleared his throat a couple of time before finally taking out all his bravery to talk to her. He called her name, hoping for an answer but failed. It took him a lot of effort to finally able to lay a hand on her shoulder, and shook her body to wake her up.

He was scared, to put another hand on her. He was scared that anger and sadness would disappoint them again. He was scared it would take over him and finally hurt her again. He was scared he would kill her again; he was scared something like last time would happen again.

“Jieun-ah, what are you doing here?”

Jieun blink multiples time, to finally be able to recognize him. She was shocked, taking a step backward right away.

“So you finally come, huh?” Myungsoo smirk, as usual having too much pride inside.

“Do you ever give me a choice Myungsoo? You would hurt her if I don’t come.”

“Not only her, Jieun. But you too, something like last time would happen again if you ever turn you back against me. If you ever go against the rule, I would kill you for real.”

He has too much pride, definitely too much. He didn’t mean to say something like that, but his pride doesn’t let him to be soft and kind-hearted but rather cold and harsh. He didn’t mean to say those words. He won’t ever hurt her again, he has promised himself.

“You will never get satisfied, I guess. You should have let that knife pierce through my skin, ending this life of mine. By then, I hope you will be satisfied.” Jieun raise her hand.

It surprises him, how her wrist was bandage in white clothing. It shocks him a lot, having the thoughts of her, ending her own life. Harshly, he took her wrist and opens her bandage. However, he never managed to open it. When one thin layer was all that left, before her injury would be exposed, he stop.

It was his thoughts, of getting her killed that one time, that stop him from opening much further. He would be too broken, to find even a single scratch on her wrist. Because he would be the reason of it. Because it would be 100% his fault. How can he face it?

“Arghh!” He groaned in desperation, ruffling his hair.

Jieun took her wrist back, slapping his hand away. She doesn’t want to be touch by him again. She doesn’t want to see him again. Yet she has decided to join this trip, they would have to face each other sooner or later. She has lied to countless people to save him, yet never once did he thank her. Never once did he leave her alone, ending the game.

“Jieun-ah, is it me that cause you to be this way? Am I the one who cause your pain?” He bombarded her with question, shocking her.

“Yes, you are, Myungsoo.” She said calmly, bandaging her wrist back.

“I’m sorry, okay?! I’m sorry I hurt you so much! I’m sorry I hurt you! I’m sorry I make you cry! I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry! Do you understand that?”

He hugs her, tight inside his embrace. She feels so vulnerable and fragile, she feels so broken and thin. He was scared that he would break her apart, just by hugging her.

“Kim Myungsoo-ssi, after all the things you have done to me… Do you think you still have the right to hug me?”

He doesn’t.


It was night, the sun drown to the ocean faster. The sky was dark as the sparkling stars were decorating it. It was pretty scenery, as you could see the faint light coming from the lighthouse that was quite far away from their villas. People were having a campfire, near the beach. But Jieun chooses to stay alone inside the villa.

The cold wind blows once again; she was freezing, pulling her sweater closer. She was standing at the terrace, captivated by the view. Holding a cup of hot chocolate on her hand, simply to warm herself. She has been thinking too much today, about past and present. She keeps on thinking about it until it wore her out. She needs to rest and put aside her thoughts.

“Hello, there…” A man voice coming from her back.

It surprises her; she never thought she would see him. That man, today.

She never thought they would meet. Him… 

 

A/N

Okay, okay calm down... I know the latest chapter is totaly ! Even I feel the same, sorry about that. I have been writing too much sad, tragedy, and angst because of PAINTED FATE. I haven't been able to grab the emotion for this story. It would take time so please be patient. I need to get back my emotions before continuing the story. Despite the and totally lame chapter, I hope you would enjoy this.