64

Backstage Princess

It was a chaos early in the morning, shoving off all the enjoyable peacefulness. It was quite an annoying incident, that put all of the involve person on fire. They’re all angry, even in the early morning. You won’t be able to imagine what would they be when the sun rises up high at noon. They could even try to kill each other.

“Where is she?!” Woohyun throw a punch across his enemy face after barging in the room so suddenly, surprising each and every one of them.

Myungsoo was surprise, seeing how furious Woohyun is. He has never seen him being so angry, even when he makes Jieun’s life misreable, Nam Woohyun has never been this angry. No, never once. Even when they’re fighting, his eyes show pity, a mixture of shame, anger, and pity. However not this time, not today. He’s very angry.

He uses all his strength to punch his face, after slamming the door open and rushing toward the helpless Myungsoo. Myungsoo can’t do anything but to rub his burning cheek and looks at the other boy in confusion. He wasn’t acting dumb but truly is dumb, because he has no clue of what is going on. Not the slightest bit. A long and details explanation would very much helps him.

“What do you mean? Are you going to sue me again like what Jieun did?”

“Don’t even mention her name! Stop acting damn, bastard!” He was becoming rude, bit by bit as his patience flown away.

“What is wrong with all of you? Do you think I would hurt her?”

“Stop lying!” Punches, hitting his face non-stop and the pain turn clearer as his nose have already broken.

“I want you to explain to me!” Myungsoo insisted. If this is his usual self, then the two would have already been fighting, beating each other to death. However, dating Lee Ji Eun has prevented him to do so. He didn’t want to hurt that girl.

“You kidnap Pil Suk, letting her hurt herself, and then now! Where the hell did you take her to?!” Woohyun yelled and Jiyeon could only hang her head low. She was on the verge of tears.

“She’s… missing?” Myungsoo almost got a heart attack just by hearing the shocking news. He fell on his knee, looking up to the now taller boy.

“Answer me! Where is she?!”

If you ever hurt her, if she ever committed another suicide, if she ever die, I would follow her, I will disappear together with her.

Her words, he remembers it clearly. And now it has caused enough fear within him, the fear of losing her. She was in a very bad condition yesteryday- mentally and physically ill. He could see it, how much she suffers. It was something even worse, knowing that her sister has been missing for days, driving her even crazier.

She has said it before, to him, threatening him to commit a suicide if he ever touches her sister again. Therefore, he has been protecting Pil Suk so badly. He wasn’t interested in Pil Suk; however he has gone crazy enough for Jieun. He would do anything to make Jieun happy. Yet today, Jieun has lost her trust in him. He has betrayed her.

Jieun… did she do it? Did she really fulfill her words? Did she kill herself? He was scared, that he feels like crying. His breath has turned suffocating that he would like to stop breathing. Where is she? Dear God, please make sure she is safe. Dear God, please make sure she is fine. Dear God, please guide her. He could only pray, helplessly praying as he surrenders to fate.

“I… I don’t know. I don’t know.” Despite the pain, he could still speak up. His lip was bleeding and it is a miracle how his teeth have yet to be broken.

“Jieun?! Have you checked her house?!” He yelled, panic.

“She was nowhere to be found, Myungsoo! She was nowhere!” Jiyeon suddenly shouted, with tears streaming down her city-girl like face.

“How? You have to find her!”

“You are the last person she talked to! You are the last person Pil Suk talked to! Where are they?” Woohyun couldn’t surpress his anger; he too was scared to death.

“Let… Let’s just find her. I have no idea where she is.”


“Unnie! Are you okay?” Pil Suk yelled, when her sister fainted and ended up being locked up together inside the spooky room.

“Pil Sukkie, thank God you are fine.” Jieun whisper weekly, her body ache as the slight pain spread wider.

“Unnie, you are burning!”

“I will be fine. Now, just drink and eat, I bring some water and snacks.”

Jieun stood up, the room was lacking of ventilation so badly. She can hardly breathe and her head can’t stop spinning around. She was unable to stand up; her legs have lost its strength. Her body turn limb, running out of energy. She was relieves that she manages to find Pil Suk but worried since they won’t be able to get out from the spooky room.

“Pil Suk, can you breathe?”

“Can you, unnie? I’m having a hard time.”

“You sound very weak, Pil Suk. Drink some more water. I will be fine.”

“We are running out of water hours ago, unnie.”

“I’m going to lie down, I can’t breath.”

It was suffocating and dark, lonely and cold. Jieun was having a very hard time. Her condition was weaker, compared to the over-3-days locked up girl- Pil Suk. Her body temperature keeps on rising as time pass by, she was shivering cold despite the hot temperature inside the spooky room. The two has suffered from acute dehydration that might end their life.

“We should get out of here, soon.” Pil Suk demanded, after realizing the situation they are in. She may survive, maybe for a couple of days, but not her sister.

“Let’s try calling someone,” Jieun hands reach up to her phone, only to hold in a curse that almost slip out that innocent lip of hers. No signal.

“Mine has run out of battery, unnie. Yours too! Real soon!” Pil Suk was sweating like crazy.

Having no more energy to talk or even to mouth some words, Jieun sighed. She closes her eyes, resting her head against the stacks of boxes. It was dirty, covered in dust, but she can’t care more. She was too weak, to be thinking of anything else, except on how to get out of this place. They can’t breath and Jieun could feel how her lungs slowly collapse.

“Do you know who did this?” Jieun asked, before sinking herself deep to her sleep of thoughts.

“I don’t unnie. I was drugged.” Pil Suk answers, before giving up on banging the door.

Jieun was scared, to take another deeper step to find out the mastermind behind all of this crazy kidnapping. The fact that Pil Suk was drugged, and being locked-up without given any food and drinks for days, has given a clear image about the mastermind personalities. Whoever it is, she or he wasn’t playing around at all. They want to deliver something, a clear message.

“L? Was it impossible?” Jieun wonders, murmuring in a low voice.

Soon, Jieun was running out of breath. She barely opens an eye, barely breathing nicely. She was half-concious, having the urge to faint. They need air, real soon.

“Unnie, I can’t breathe!” Pil Suk said, terrified as she can’t grasp anymore air. Her breathing was harsh and unsteady, she was sweating.

“Pil Suk! Hold on!” Jieun was worried, seeing how her sister condition was.

Pil Suk’s asthma, it’s coming back.

Kim Myungsoo, you better hurry!


They have been searching for hours and soon midnight would come. Myungsoo was all worn-out and Woohyun barely have strengths left. Jiyeon had gone home an hour ago; she almost fainted from all the searching. They have searched everywhere, they’re sure. They have to find her, yet it seems it will only be a useless effort.

“Let’s just take five.” Woohyun bump his body to the ground.

“What?! We have to find her!” Myungsoo was desperate.

“How?! We are too tired! Let’s continue tomorrow!”

“Do you expect me to wait? What if something bad is happening to her?”

“Then, with this exhausted body, could you find her?”

It was a long silence before Myungsoo shook his head and finally gave up. They have searched everywhere and she is nowhere to be found. Yeah, again nowhere to be found. They have searched them, knocking from house to house, exploring abandoned buildings and warehouses, malls and shops, streets, and even dangerous places. They have searched for her in clubs, gangster’s base, police station, and everywhere else. Yet she was nowhere.

However, giving up wasn’t a good option at all. The option he chooses left him awakes the whole night, giving him constant headache. It was a silly thing actually, how he and Woohyun finally work together as a team after becoming long-time enemies just to find that girl. The temporary reconciliation helps, since they managed to work together very well- better than expected.

And now, here he is, lying on his bed thinking of her. Is she okay? Is it okay to wait until the sun rises tomorrow? He has made several attempts to call her but failed, her phone was not activated. Voicemail, it went straight to voicemail each time he attempts to make another call. It has left him devastated and depress.

He has even searched the school, from the basement to the top floor. There was no sign of her and instead of finding his treasure, he got scolded so very badly. The teachers even threaten him that they will be sure to drop him out if this ever happens again. Well, it wasn’t wrong since he was barging to each and every room crazily, slamming all the doors.

He should sleep; he should rest well for now. Tomorrow, he will have to search for her and make sure he finds her. The question is where? And who? He can’t think of anyone, who would desperately want to get rid of Jieun. Lee Ji Eun, where are you?