66

Backstage Princess

She could see light, piercing her brown orb. She has been in the dark for too long that the sudden light hurts her eyes. She was half conscious, with barely any strength left. She can’t walk for sure, not even standing up. Pil Suk has fainted, her asthma got worse and it relapses just now. They need to go to the hospital.

Jieun couldn’t see the figures clearly; it was only a blurry figure. She kept asking them to take care of Pil Suk, despite her sore throat. It didn’t take long before she found herself being lifted up, carried in bridal style. She was about to faint so badly, her head spinning and the sunlight was hurting her eyes so badly that she felt like crying.

Ba-thump ba-thump, she could feel his heartbeat. He was nervous and scared, Jieun could feel it. Jieun could even matches his heartbeat with hers unstable heartbeat. He must be scared and he was in a hurry, panicking. Then it came to her, his scent. However, Jieun know he must be very tired, from the scent that pricked her nose. The smell of shampoo and sweat, as if he has been running a marathon.

Kim Myungsoo. She’s in Kim Myungsoo’s hand and she feels very safe despite the fact that she is suffering from a fever, dehydration, and headache.


Jieun woke up, only to find she lying on the hospital bed. She feels dizzy but better than a few hours ago. She could feel a needle; penetrating through her skin- she was being infused. The light didn’t hurt her eyes anylonger, but her body was ache so bady, so does her head. She tried to get up, only to fall back to the bed.

She soon tried to search Pil Suk, but was nowhere to be found. Woohyun and Jiyeon too was nowhere. She was still too weak to call for help or even search for her missing phone. At least, she knows it must be here or somewhere. She takes it with her before being carried out from the spooky room. Ah, she will make sure never to entre that spooky room again.

Bliking her eyes several times to get rid off the dizziness, she looked to her left. She found Myungsoo, asleep next to her. It’s bright, has a day passed or has he not been sleeping? Her memories are quite a mess-up for now. The dizziness has caused her memories to mess-up quite badly, being unable to refer the time.

He carried her all the way to this place; he was in panic and scared. She stared at his perfect figure, feeling thankful that he is finally sleeping peacefully. She wants to say sorry, though, to this man. She doubted him before, even accusing him and being suspicious of him. She was pointing a finger to him, ready to prick him anytime. She shouldn’t have done it though; he has nothing to do with Pil Suk’s kidnapping.

“Am I that handsome that you keep on starring at me?” He suddenly whispers in deep husky voice, seducing the sick woman.

To her embarrasement, he was awake. She soon turns her face against him, looking at the other side of the bed. He was awake, although he should have rest for some more. Jieun could even smell his sweat, she know he had been running around- searching for her.

“No, I was searching for my sister.” She laid smoothy in an instant.

“You should worry more about yourself; the doctor said you are in a worse condition compared to her, except that Pil Suk suffered from asthma.”

“Where is she?” She tried to get up, but again only to failed and being pushed back to the bed.

“You should rest, don’t try to get up. She’s in another level, undergoing some severe medication. The doctor said she will be fine in a few days.” Myungsoo explained, pushing her back to the bed.

“Myungsoo-ah…”

“Neh?” He looks up, exposing his face.

“I’m… sorry.” Jieun said, turning her head to face him but only to gasped in surprise.

His face was swollen and covered in bruises. His nose was bandage as if it has broken. His lip was bleeding as traces of blood could still be finding. His left eyes were terrifying as it was swollen so badly, and there are marks as if it was stitches. Jieun can’t help but gasp and covered as she saw him. She felt like crying, seeing how his condition is.

“You can look away if you are scared. It seems like you are about to cry from fear.” Myungsoo said bitterly, fading a beautiful smile.

“What happen to you?” Jieun asked, touching his bruise cheek as he groaned.

Jieun wasn’t there; she hasn’t been there when this entire crazy thing happens. Being his fake girlfriends for almost a year has brought the two closer and Jieun could very much understand Myungsoo unique personality. He never leaned to anyone, except her. He never shared everyone, even though it will be too much to bear alone. Yet this time, she can’t be next to him when all of this happens.

She began to pity him, for being that much beaten up, although she could guess who did that to him. She was the caused of it, she is sure. And now, he thinks he frightened her, the opposite of something that she is thinking. She isn’t afraid of him, although his face was terrifyingly destroyed.

“It’s Nam Woohyun, isn’t it?” She asked carefully, caressing his cheek and bruise forehead gently to ease the pain.

He gave a simple nod, again smiling bitterly.

“You should get some ice and I will help you with it.” Jieun said but only to receives a ‘no’.

Jieun was about to asked something, something really crucial but important. She needs to know since she has been keeping it for a while. Someone has to explain to her, since it has gone this far. However, she doesn’t think asking it at this critical moment would be good. It might bring another terror instead of resolves.

“Myungsoo… tell me. What happen between you and him? You hate each other, very very much.” Jieun said, being extra careful.

“Should I tell you? But my story and his will completely different.”

“What do you mean?”

“On who’s the bad guy. We are blaming each other, you know.”

“It’s okay. Evil is only perpesctive.” Jieun said wisely.

“Jieun-ah, I used to have a sister.” Myungsoo said honestly, bringing back bad memories to his heart as he smile bitterly. It was a statement that manages to surprise everyone.


Nam Woohyun was only 10, being a brat and naughty with that stupid-dorky brain of him. He was 10, and extremely naughty back then. The teachers complained a lot about him and sometimes he would be thrown out of the class. It’s not only once or twice, when he was threatened to be thrown out of the school. He was put at the E class each years and he always dragged the rest of INFINITE together with him.

The naughty boy has a rebellious soul that always rebel each time he founds opportunity. Well, as a rebellious boy, he hates to be told what to do, he hates to be control, and he hates to listen. He hates it when he failed to take the lead, he hates being lead. He wants to lead; therefore he took over the oldest place and become the temporary leader.

Kim Myungsoo was 10 too, being a nice and superbly smart guy. Even at such a young age, woman likes him a lot because of his charms, cool acts and also handsome face. He used to be very nice that everyone adores him, a class ‘A’ students, a complete opposite of Woohyun. He wasn’t this much cruel and sadistic back then.

Myungsoo decided to joins the INFINITE since he adores Woohyun very much. Although Woohyun is a rebel, the person everyone hates, Myungsoo looked up to him. He thought the rebellious boy has such a brave soul and he could protect anything. He never hesistated, he never thinks of the future, he always let the future takes care of itself. He always listen his heart and do whatever he would like to do. And he was famous.

Myungsoo was considered as some kind of a geek back then. He was bounded to people perspective without being able to listen to his heart content. Therefore, he wants to join the INFINITE for the sake of being friends with Nam Woohyun. Joining the INFINITE wasn’t easy at all, as the rebellious boy like to play around. However, he manages those days of tortures and finally followed the INFINITE. It is silly how the two has now become enemies.

Myungsoo know very well, that Nam Woohyun has a lot of bad side to avoid and that he has to hold on tight to his own principal. He knows quite a lot that INFINITE was considered as one of the dangerous and rebellious groups at school. However, his perspective changes after he get to knows them one by one.

As time passed by, Myungsoo too manages to regain some popularity and considered as those who are the top. Myungsoo and Woohyun has become good buddy as the whole crowd waits for their bromance each time they appear. Again, how silly they have become nowadays. They would play arounds for hours, having fun. They helped each other a lot and Woohyun studies slowly improves.

Woohyun and Myungsoo play together a lot, even inviting each other to their homes. Myungsoo had a sister, named Kim Lu Na. They were only three years apart, at the age of 7; the girl had her first love. She fell for Woohyun, slowly but surely in love with him. Myungsoo knows it very well, since he and his sister built up such a good relationship. They told each other secrets and take cares of each other very well.

It was summer, when a new girl comes to the school. Her beauty was amazingly charming and her charms could make each man heart skip a beat. She was adores by everyone, including the teachers and staff even parents and older boys. Woohyun fell for that girl, without Myungsoo acknowledgement. But soon, Myungsoo too find out.

The next Valentine, her sister decided to confess. However, it was remained unsaid- the confession is. As long as Myungsoo knows, the confession was remained unsaid. Instead of being happy after an attempt of the confession, the sweet day turns disastrous. Her attempt was being mocked and ended up being bullied. Myungsoo went home soon after her sister, only to find her crying her lungs out while locking herself inside their parents’ room.

As a rebellious one, Woohyun bullied people a lot, teasing them until they cried. But this time, it might have gone out of the line. Her sister was being bullied, that was she said. Her sister was being bullied by Woohyun, together with the rest of the school, including the older and younger one. They’re mocking her and she can’t take it anymore.

“She… suicides, Jieun. She committed a suicide the next day. She jumps from the rooftop.” Myungsoo voice was trembling.

“My parents….” Myungsoo continued.

Myungsoo’s parent was working abroad that time, working in USA for three months back. They storm back to Korea after receiving the news. They were crying so badly and from that time onwards Myungsoo decided to distant himself from them for not being able to protect her sister. And that day onwards, the two become enemies.

“He killed my sister, Jieun! How could I not hate him?” Myungsoo said, gritting his teeth.

Jieun, who could feel his pain and understand it very well, remain silent. She knows he was about to burst into tears but manage to regain his composture due to his overwhelming pride. He was about to break down, but his pride doesn’t let him to do so.

“So that is why… you played around with me so very much?” Jieun asked but remain unanswered.

Jieun who finally was able to sit up straight, after shoving off much of the dizziness, stares at the man for quite a long time. He has a dark past, very sad and painful one. Jieun could never imagine what would she had become if they ever changes position. Leaning closer, she holds his hands and hugs him, giving comfort and understanding.

“Cry, Myungsoo. If it’s painful, just cry.” She said while hugging him.


“You will have to stay here for a few days, call me if you need anything.” Woohyun said, before biding his goodbye and whispering his good night.

“Suzy will surely be in trouble; just you see I will make her suffer.” Jiyeon said while stomping around like a dinosaur.

“I will wait for a few more hours, then.” Myungsoo added.

“Pil Suk is fine, Jieun. You don’t have to worry about anything, we had already checked on her.” Jiyeon said.

“Thank you, then. It’s better for all of you to go home and rest. I too will rest for the next few days.” Jieun replied, giving special attention to the man next to her.

“And Myungsoo, although I hate you so much, thank you.” Woohyun said while puching Myungsoo’s back harshly, making him groan in pain, only to receives a glare from the sick Jieun.

“Get going, then. See you all soon.” Jieun said, biding a goodbye to all of them while shooing Myungsoo away.

“Good night, Jieun.” Woohyun whispers to her ear, making her giggled.

“Good night, Woohyun. Sweet dreams, woonie~.”

 

A/N

Gah, this story is going to be very very long, hope my myungu feels won’t fade away. Give me more myungu feels! Slowly running out of them lately, and getting my WoohyunXIU feels instead. Okay, for those who has been asking about Myungsoo’s and Woohyun’s past, here we go. And stay tuned for the next chappie since I will try to make something surprising! Keke.. Comments and subscribe and I hope I don’t make you guys get bored.