52

Backstage Princess

 

Sun has roses up high, warming the weather early in the morning. It was fresh, as you could feel the breezes gently touching your skin. The sound of waves crashing the cliff was even nicer, giving such a relaxing aura in the morning. It was refreshing, to see the blue ocean early in the morning and birds crossing the sky. The sky was crystal clear as white clouds painted it beautifully.

Jeju always has the beautiful morning that was purely beautiful and enjoyable. A whole different atmosphere, a better one. Jeju has always been relaxing, as it embraces your joy peacefully. Nice, very nice. Inhales the smell of the ocean and embrace it tight, don’t let go and feel the breezes touch you. It’s the best way to enjoy it.

Woohyun wakes up, the earliest. He has his own privates’ room, since he won’t be pleased if he needs to share a room with anyone else. Jieun and Jiyeon shares the same rooms. It’s silly how the sleepy head wakes up very early today. Jiyeon must be too tired from yesterday Camp Fire, her energy was almost drained all out after the long party. Now, he wonders why Jieun hasn’t woken up yet.

He slid the door open, as his eyes directly see the beautiful beach of Jeju. Pretty and warm. Excitedly, he ran toward the beach, having a jogging early in the morning. It’s nice, different from usual. Seoul is a very busy placed and the air there wasn’t as nice as it is here. He inhales deeply as he ran around the beach.

He has decided to do a little exercise today, around 6 in the morning, together with Jiyeon and if it’s possible, with Jieun too. However, it’s 7 now and the sun has roses up to the sky. There were no sign of Jiyeon waking up, and it would be impossible for her to wakes up soon. She’s a sleepy head, after all.

Some foreigners were running around the beach, and some kids were standing under the sun to get their body warm. Children sat on the sand, building castles and having fun. Some of the teens were surfing on top of the huge waves. It was quite a view to be seen early in the morning. A question pop to his mind, has we ever rest?

It started to get hot as time pass by. Woohyun shook his head, as he traces his eyes to the two girls room. The window was closed; the curtain was hiding the view. He couldn’t see any shadow as the two must have been in their deep slumber. His stomach growl in hunger, unable to resist the lure to eat, he went to a small shop to search for some food.

“Woohyun-ah!” Jiyeon voice could be heard from a far, gasping as she was luring for oxygen.

Woohyun shook his head. It’s 9 and she has just woken up? What was she thinking? It will be too late to do anymore exercises; the weather has turned very hot. He turns his head, as he pushes all the kimbab inside his mouth and chew it in a hurry.

Jiyeon was gasping, tired from running. Her eyeliner was smudge- she must have forgotten to clean it yesterday. However, what was surprising was… she was in panic. She stares at him in panic and shock, as she was unable to put it into words. She only gazes at him as her mind went blank from too much running.

“Jiyeon, what happen?”

She’s missing.”

Lee Ji Eun is missing.


“You two are sleeping together! How could she be missing?!” Woohyun yelled, barging to the women room.

“I don’t know!”

“Did she leave anything? A memo, her luggage, bag, or anything?”

“No! She is missing, together with her stuff.”

“Where would she be going? Argh, that girl. I will ask for presents when she got back.”

“Just find her!”

It was a mess early in the morning, because Jieun was nowhere to be found. She’s gone, together with her things and stuff. She didn’t leave any memo or did she text one of them. She didn’t make any announcement and now she’s gone. Has she decided to come back? Everything was alright yesterday, although we all know she didn’t like the idea of going to the beach. However it was her, herself who decided to join the trip.

Finding her would be a whole lot of a problem. Jeju Island may looks small, however it’s huge! There is no way they could find her in this big island. Especially when she left no clue at all. Not to add, Jeju has always been crowded in summer. It’s going to be a hard task, searching for her. For real, this girl has given them the worse headache of the century.


“So you talk to her, yesterday?” Hoya asked, while standing on the terrace, inhaling the fresh air of Jeju beach.

“I do, hope you won’t mind.” Dongwoo nods.

“I told you I won’t like your idea, stubborn pabo!” Hoya sighed and shook his head.

“Well, then. I’m sorry; however it is for your own good.”

“Now, you sound like my mother.”

“Well, it can’t be help. However, Hoya-ah I have a bad news for you.”

“And now a bad news?”

She’s missing.”


“She’s missing, is that true?” Hoya gasped for air, as his feet brought him to Woohyun and Jiyeon. He ran all the way, although it’s not too far away, he needs to climb the stairs up and down as elevator would take too much time.

“It’s true. All of her, with her stuff.”

“Worse, without leaving a note!” Jiyeon shouted in anger. She’s annoyed by Jieun action that gives her such a severe headache.

“We have to find her.”

“How?” Woohyun asked, too tired to hold any grudge against the INFINITE. Hoya wasn’t that annoying after all.

“Who’s the last person she talks to?” Jiyeon detective instinct rises.

“Dongwoo or maybe you.”

“Oh, well it’s me.”

“One stupid dino!”

“She might be in Jeju or she might have flied back to Seoul.” Jiyeon sighed.

“Jeju..”

In one swift movement, he stood up and rush outside the villa. Without saying a single world or telling them where he is heading to. Idea just suddenly pops up in his mind and if he stops himself, he might forget about it.


Jieun was fighting hard as her fear built up inside her. Even a perfect girl has weakness because imperfection is beauty. If you’re perfect than there’s no meaning of life, you would have no goals. She tried to burn her fear and cast it away but failed. Her fingers tremble as she searches through a bundle of keys.

Here she is, standing exactly at the spot. Ten years ago, in this place, was the day when her happiness stop flowing. Her last vacation to Jeju Island has left fear and scars inside and she has to carry so much burden. Ten years ago, in this place, where happy moments turn to tragic memory.

Click!

The door was finally open. It was a luxurious villa, not too far away from the beach. It was huge and rather well-designed. It looks old yet the artistic feelings were very much alive. It has been a while. Yes, it has been a while.

She sighed, memories would soon rush through her mind. She would soon be in a dilemma; it’s a bad idea living here again. It’s a bad idea walking to this place for almost half an hour. However, this is her choice. This is something she chooses to do. She needs time, to heal and to think.

Magic didn’t exist in this life, although miracle happens. She can’t suddenly heal and smile widely after a day; even months probably won’t help either. But maybe if she lives here, she could heal as she has to face her fear every day.

Clean, everything inside was clean. It was 10 years ago, the last time a human being stepped on this villa. It has long been untouched. It was dark inside; Jieun has forgotten where the switch was. Thank God it was next to the door, or she will be in trouble moving inside the dark.

Tossing her bag to the couch and dragging her luggage to the available room up stair, her stomach growl. Rushing to the kitchen, she looks to the refrigerator just to know it was empty. Who would eat a ten years old food anyway? She was smart enough, to stop in a shop and buy some food on her way here.

Her hand was badly trembling. How much has fear eaten her? She wasn’t the type to fear something, to be traumatized by single thing. Yet there are some things that would left her wounded, she was almost dead 10 years ago because of drowning. And after going out from the hospital after a few days of treatment, her parents fills divorce paper. And there is something she would like to forgot, about the incident.

The smell of the cooking slowly fills the air; it was a nice smell that could put an end to hunger. Her stomach stops growling as she too could smell her own cooking.


Rushing to her, he ran all the way for almost half an hour. Walking would take too much time and if he waits for the taxi, they might lose her for real. He didn’t know where this idea came from; however talking about Jeju has given him a remembrance of a place. It was a place that she hates the most, he knew it. After what happen 10 years ago, she would hate that place so much.

He arrived; his body are all wet from sweat. The door was unlocked; someone is inside as he can smell the cooking. She must be inside because she is the only one who’s talented enough to cook something like this. She can turn simple dishes to extraordinary one.

Click!

“Jieun-ah, what are you doing here?”

It startled her, his sudden question and his sudden appearance. She flinched for a moments as her body trembles even more. So she does scare of him. Keeping his distance as he didn’t want her to be anymore scared, he stood in front of the door.

“Hoya-ssi, I never thought you will be the one to find me.” Jieun smile faintly.

“What are you doing here, Jieun-ah?”

It sends shivers down to her body, everytime he called her name. Her body trembles every time she senses his presence. Her ear flushes red every time his voice echoed. Her gaze turns blank and rather terrified just to see his figure. That is how much she has come to fear him.

“Are you hungry, Hoya-ssi?”

“That’s not the point, Jieun! Everybody is searching for you!”

To his embarrassment, his stomach growls. He groaned in embarrassment, heaving a sighed. He hit the wall with his fist in desperation. He hates it, when Jieun acted this way. She’s hiding, she is playing with words. He knows how clever Jieun is, especially when it came to this matter.

“I think you should sit down and I will feed you.”

“Jieun-ah, stop playing with words! We have to go back, Woohyun and Jiyeon was panicking because of you.”

“Let’s talk after eating, shall we?”

He pull the chair harshly and sat down while folding his arm on his chest. Ruffling his hand in desperation, his gaze traces her figure. She looks petite, like usual yet strong inside. However, she may not be that strong, because in the end she fears it. She fears him, she fears the beach as she was unable to recover from the incident 10 years ago.

She walks toward him, with food on her hand. Her hand was trembling so badly, the plate might break if Hoya didn’t rush to her and take it from her hand. Her cooking, he has never taste it before. It was so delicious that he can’t believe it. Yet at the same time, he can’t enjoy it at all.


Kim Myungsoo was definitely a mess early in the morning. He may have just fluttered his eyes open, to feel the sunshine and the morning breezes, yet within a couple of seconds he turned messy. The news spread among INFINITE, although they keep it secrets from other so it won’t cause any trouble to arise.

He heard it, that she’s missing. He might hate Nam Woohyun more than anything, but this time he really needs to talk to him. He needs to ask him about her condition. He doubts he could think straight today, because she’s missing. How could that one girl cause him to run amok? He’s going crazy soon, soon enough.

He was bare feet, as he run on the sand. He was still in his wake-up mode, with messy hair and swollen face. Wearing a cap simply to hide his face. He search for Woohyun and also Jiyeon, while looking around in case Jieun suddenly appear. Yet what he sees only trigger his anger even more.

Park Jiyeon and Nam Woohyun were having fun! They are sitting inside a restaurant, enjoying morning breezes while drinking coconut water. They weren’t searching for Jieun at all. Myungsoo heaves a sigh as he rushes toward the two.

“Where is she?” He asked right away, without any manner or greetings.

“I’m sorry but do you have any business?” Woohyun glares as his hate for him burns inside.

“She’s my girlfriend; I have the right to know where she is.”

“She’s your fake girlfriend. A boyfriend will never hurt his girlfriend, like how you did.”

“Shut that mouth of yours, Woohyun. Where is she?”

“She’s missing. An answer that satisfies you, maybe?” Jiyeon suddenly speaks up as anger swell inside her.

“Then why aren’t the two of you search for her?” He yelled.

“What have you been doing? You’re her boyfriend you should be busy searching for her not sleeping! Do you think we have been enjoying ourselves?” Jiyeon stands, ready to slap him anytime soon.

“I will search for her!” He said firmly.

“And what would you do afterwards? I bet you will kill her instead of getting her back.”

“Shut up, Jiyeon!”

“Don’t even dare searching her!”

“And if I dare to?”

“I won’t hold back even if she asked me too.”

“Let’s see how a guy like you could ignore someone like her.”