68

Backstage Princess

“Jieun-ssi, can we talk?” It was Sunggyu who come to her early in the morning.

It was two weeks after the incident and the two haven’t even talk. Jieun has been avoiding him and Myungsoo was too afraid to talk to her. Woohyun too has done nothing but stay silent. Jieun was disappointed in him, since he didn’t tell her about anything, that Nam Woohyun who knows everything.

“I don’t think I can, Sunggyu-ssi.”

“Well, I won’t blame you if you are holding a grudge against me. I am guilty towards you, for breaking your sister heart and caused her to suffer. However, I think we should talk.” He explained.

“It wasn’t the grudge, Suggyu-ssi. However, I doubt I could be polite while we are talking.”

“Then it is the grudge.”

“Well, then. Is there something wrong?”

“Kim Myungsoo, I think it is the best for you to visit him. He’s sick and his games will be next week.”

“And then? I don’t think I have something to do with it.” Jieun replied, another attempt to avoid Myungsoo.

“You are hurt, aren’t you?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Then why are you avoiding him? He needs you.”

“Sunggyu-ssi, I think the INFINITE could take care of him. I don’t think it is necessary for me to visit him and take care of him. I am only a fake girlfriend of him.”

“Don’t take it to the heart, Jieun. He’s cold but actually warm. He will never show you how much he cares about you. I don’t recall any memories of you being this cold.”

“I am never cold. I just don’t feel like visiting him at this time.”

“Why is that? Very well, I will give you his address and you can spend some time to think about it.”

“And… Jieun. Regarding your sister, I am very sorry.” He left.


This guy is troublesome, truly troublesome. Jieun couldn’t find out why she decided to come and visit him, despite the fact that she wants to run so badly. His address was quite hard to find, she even needs to walk for an hour to find his address. She decided not to call, since its better not to disturb him.

Kim Sunggyu is a very caring guy, as the oldest one he took cares of the younger. But forgiving him won’t be an easy task even for a woman like Jieun. Thanks to him, she has spent hour thinking about this matter before finally deciding to go and visit him. She was considering his upcoming games, rather than worrying about his condition.

Ah, and that Kim Sunggyu even asked her to cook some Kimchi Stew for him! That guy was just ordering around while doing nothing! Does he think she has all the time in the world? As if she has it, no! She was too busy taking care of things and stuff and also trying to recover from such a trauma. Seeing Myungsoo kissing another girl was upsetting.

Jieun stand up straight, before pressing the bell door. His house was big, next to other big and expensive-looking houses. It was almost as big as hers, but this place seems to be warmer and welcome. It causes guests to feel comfortable rather than amuse. You could smell the scent of fresh brewed coffee from the outside.

“Good morning, miss. How may I help you?” It was one of the maids, that open the door to welcome her.

“I’m Kim Myungsoo’s friends. I heard that he is sick and I come to visit her.” Jieun politely bowed to the older maid, flusttering the mid 20-years-old maid who was amused at Jieun’s politeness and attitude.

“I’m sorry, Miss. We have been receiving a lot of guests today, friends who wants to visit him. He needed some rest, he told us not to accept anymore guests for today, especially his friends.”

“I don’t think he will mind. Please tell him that Lee Ji Eun is here, he might change his mind.” Or at least she hopes so.

“But Young Master Kim is resting right now. We could get scolded if we ever dare to bother him.”

“Then let me come and face him. I don’t think he will mind since his bestfriends send me here.”

The maid hesitated before finally letting her in. Happy, she politely bowed to the maid and thanks her. She rushed upstairs, as the maid guided her and finally arriving at Myungsoo’s room. He was inside, resting or maybe sleeping. The maid was unsure and that time Jieun felt like retreating.

“Miss, please don’t make him angry.” The maid requested before rushing downstairs to prepare some meals.

Three knocks on the door, before Jieun called his name. She was tense, since she doesn’t know what to do next. They have been in an awkward relationship for quite a while. She doesn’t think it will end either, since the problem was big enough to be dragged along the whole year.

“Myungsoo, it’s me, Jieun.”

“Aish, I told you not to let anyone come in!” He groaned faintly, to make sure she didn’t hear it. “Come in.” His tone changes from sarcasm to gentle and sweet one.

She giggled after hearing to his sudden changes of tone. She hesitated again, before finally opening the door and come inside his room. It was big, yet the cold atmosphere has caused it to be uncomfortable. Jieun could feel the lonely inside, exactly like how she feels in the old days.

She wasn’t supposed to be here, yes. She wasn’t supposed to see him, she didn’t want to. Thanks to Sunggyu who keeps on asking her to go, Sungjong who keeps on using aegyo, and Hoya who keeps on bragging her- she has no other choice but to go. And now, she feels very nervous, not knowing what to do.

He looks tired, although he doesn’t look pale at all. Instead, it seems like he wanted to run away rather than truly being sick. Jieun stand next to him, before sitting on the chair.

“I’m sorry, but I think it is better for you to go home. I’m not feeling very well today, I need some rest. Thank you for visiting me.” Myungsoo said, after feeling a stranger presence next to him.

“Well, then. I cook some Kimchi Stew for you, thanks to Sunggyu non-stop bragging. I will go home, now. Rest well, Myungsoo-ssi.” She replied with formalities.

“Kimchi Stew? Why would Sunggyu come bragging to you?”

Jieun wasn’t able to see his face, since he covers it with his arms. It looks like he truly is not feeling well and it might be the best just to left him alone. Their relationship hasn’t been fine either, things might get awkward in the end. So, she decided to left very soon.

“I don’t know, he asked me to come.”

Myungsoo could feel how his heart slowly beat, after her scent penetrates through his lungs. He could hear the melody of her voice, echoing inside his ear. He was embarrassed, because if she’s truly Jieun that he will definitely be embarrassed. He looks weak and miserable, not cool and arrogant as usual.

“Jieun! What are you doing here?!” He freaks out as soon as he opens his eyes just to meet her brown orb. He immediately hides beneath the covers, hiding his face.

“I’m visiting you. I heard you are sick.” Jieun sat on his bed, removing the covers.

“I- Who tell you that?”

“Your friends told me. Are you really is sick? You look energetic though.” Jieun touch his cheek, checking on his temperature.

“Wha- What are you doing?”

“You’re burning, Myungsoo. Have you taken any medicine?” Her soft palm brushes against his cheek.

“I- I have?”

“Well, then have you eaten yet?”

“No. I don’t feel like eating.”

“Now, just stay on your bed. I will be babysitting you for today.”

“Wha- What? I’m not a baby, Jieun! I could take care of myself.”

“Just be quiet, Myungsoo.”

“Jieun, I’m not a baby!” He groaned.

“Okay, you are not. You are the cool, superbly handsome and arrogant Kim Myungsoo. You’re the school most handsome boy.” Jieun rolled her eyes, as she stuffed Myungsoo with food.

“I spent a lot of time cooking this, so eat up.” Jieun continued to stuff his mouth with her homemade Kimchi Stew.


“Jieun-ah, are you mad?”

Jieun was busy taking care of him, especially his temperature. She must be used to it, considering how good she is at babysitting him. She did things very well, better than the nurses at the hospital or his own well-trained maids. She did things better than them, although it was a bit awkward. However, Myungsoo’s sudden question startled her.

“You should stop talking, Myungsoo. Just close your eyes and rest.”

“No, I won’t shut up until you answer me.” He insisted.

“I don’t think I have the right to do so, to get mad at you.”

“The kiss, are you upset about it?”

“What are we, Myungsoo?”

“Jieun, just listen to my explanation.”

“I thought we have talked this over. Am I being unclear to you?”

“Jieun-ah, please just listen.”

“I don’t want any explanation.”

“Why?”

“I have told you, I understand. Whatever the reason is, I will understand.”

“You are upset, aren’t you?”

“Who won’t be upset if their boyfriend kisses another girl? Everyone except me.”

You are a bad liar, Jieun.

“Then stop avoiding me, Jieun.”

“I don’t think I can.”

“I will make up for it.”

“How?”

It was the question that was left unanswered. He was unable to find the answer for the question she asked, he wasn’t sure. He badly wants to make up for his mistakes, yet he doesn’t exactly know what to do. He knows she’s in pain, judging from the way she talks. She was too calm.

“You can’t answer that, can you?” She sighed, before covering his body with the blankets.

“I usually hug a bear before going to sleep, especially when I’m sick. I need my teddy bear.” Myungsoo puffed his cheek.

“What are you? You are not a baby, Myungsoo. Rest well.” Jieun pinch his cheek.

“Can you just be my teddy bear?” Myungsoo grabbed her hand tight.

“Wha- What?” She almost choked.

“Then just let me hold your hand. You can go when I’m asleep.” He pleaded.

She sighs, knowing it will only be a waste of effort by going against his request. His hand was clutching her tiny palm tightly, not wanting to let go at all. She bumps her back to a sofa next to the bed.

“Jieun-ah, do you know the reason I got sick?”

“No, I was surprised that you got sick.”

“It’s because of you, Jieun-ah. You stop cooking for me.”

“Why do I have to cook for you?”

“I didn’t eat anything else; I waited for your cookings.”

“You should have eaten something.”

“But I only want your cooking. So if you really do understand the reason behind the kiss incident, please cook for me again.”

“I will only cook Kimbab for you.”

“I don’t mind, as long as it’s yours.”

“Why?”

“I like your cookings, too much.”

“Okay then.”


Myungsoo was fast asleep, and the sleepy Jieun fell asleep on the couch. It was 6 o’clock in the evening, the sky was ready to turn dark very soon. Jieun wakes up, after noticing Myungsoo who suddenly talk in his sleep. She was surprised, guessing that his temperature might have rises again.

He was gripping her hand so tightly, as if he was very scared. She wasn’t going anywhere, yet it may feel like she’s disappearing to him.

“Jieun-ah, I love you.”

Why would he say something like that?

 

A/N

Once I start writing, I won't be able to stop. That is how much I love writing. However, my freedom has come to an end! I will be back on HIATUS. This is the last chapter for now, please look forward to the next one and wait patiently. I will comeback soon. Thank you! Please leaves some comments and don't forget to subscribe! I love you all, take care! :D