37

Backstage Princess

 

Jieun was waiting inside a coffee shop, sipping her hot chocolate while rubbing it. It was rather cold that day, since the rain just wouldn’t stop even after days. She was waiting, too long to be precise. Waiting for someone anxiously. She took a couple of glance to the clock, 4 in the evening.

Kim Myungsoo was late, very late. Jieun called him this morning, asking them to meet in the evening. Around 4 o’clock in the evening. Well, since it’s 4, you can’t say he is late. However, he knowJieun must be waiting for him. That girl always arrived early, sometimes half an hour before the meeting started. He was actually happy that she invited him.

A girl with long brown hair, wearing a pastel pink colored clothes, being modest and fashionable as always. She looks very much calm and soft. A faint sighed escape her lip multiple time as the boys around her keep on keeping an eye on her. She is the centre of attention, like always. She took a sip of her drink, while glancing at the clock anxiously. It was Lee JiEun.

The door opens, followed by a tingling sound of a bell. It was peaceful and calm, some of the customer was around their age and some others are old enough to be their father. The smell of coffee surrounds the place.

“Jieun! I’m sorry I’m late!” Myungsoo ran to her, just to received glare of envy from those boy.

“No, it’s okay Myungsoo. I went too early.”

“Okay, then. What do you want to talk about?”

“Want some coffee?” Jieun offered the drink on her left hand.

“Do you put sugar inside?” Myungsoo asked while smelling it.

“No. You hate sweet things, don’t you?”

“Oh, so you know.”

“You told me on our date in the other day.” Jieun said coldly.

“Oh, so you do remember.” Myungsoo sighed in disbelief. Her tone was very cold.

It was silence for the next couple of minutes, she wants to say something but wasn’t brave enough to say it out loud. Not to forget, she could feel those eyes on her, making her feel a lot more comfortable. Sometimes, some of them would whisper about her. Well, she is the centre of attention.

“What’s wrong with them? They are glaring at me.” Myungsoo frowns.

Jieun just shook her head, and hug her head low.

“Myungsoo, Pil Suk is going back to school tomorrow.”

“And?”

“You promise me to protect her.”

“You don’t believe me? For once Jieun, believe me!”

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo. I can’t. Woohyun told me to trust you the last time and he is the only man I could trust that is why I decided to trust you.”

“Woohyun, that guy again.” He frowns, stretching his arm.

“Please, Myungsoo. This time, don’t break your promise.”

“A true gentleman always keeps his promise.”

“And about our relationship, Myungsoo. My sister shall never know about it.”

“Okay then. But the game is going to be much harder.”

“Hurt me if you need to, but don’t ever hurt her.”


“Pil Suk-ah! Are you ready?” Jieun asked, as she packed their lunch. She cooks again, since Pil Suk love her cookings.

“Don’t wait for me, unnie! Just go to the school first!”

“Pil Suk-ah, are you sure?”

“Trust me, unnie! I am fine. See you later at school.”

“Okay, then. Call me, Pil Suk. If anything happen you must call me. I left your lunch on the table.”

“I will, Unnie. Don’t worry.”

Jieun sighed, as she slips on her shoes and went to school. How could she leave her sister alone? The last time she said she would be okay, she ended up killing herself. But last night they have talked. Pil Suk wants to grow up; she didn’t want Jieun to keep on babysitting her. Actually, it causes Jieun to be much more anxious.

She walks calmly to the school. However, what was waiting for her in front of the school gates was much worse. Kim Myungsoo, in his killer mood was waiting for her. She stood in front of him, he shrugs her off. Maybe, this time it was her fault that Myungsoo becomes moody. Hoya keeps on giving her glances, trying to give her some clue, but she shrugs it off.

“Good morning.” Jieun said calmly.

“We are going in together.” Myungsoo ordered.

“What? Why would I going in together with you? No!”

“Yes. Let’s go in.”

“Myungsoo, are you playing around? You know I can’t walk in front of those people, they will stare at us.”

Backstage Princess, let’s test your guts.”

Oh this is what he means by the game would be so much harder. Well, she has to do it or Pil Suk might get hurt all over again.

“Myungsoo, don’t ever hurt her.” Jieun took out her glasses and wear them. She walks in, together with the INFINITE.

Kim Myungsoo has planned it all.

As soon as they arrived inside the building, a whole bunch of people are already waiting. Jieun could feel her heart getting faster and faster. After her confession, her fake confession, it becomes more embarrassing to see people. Since they would talk about how much in love she was, how much romantic it was. People just don’t seem to be forgetting it.

“Woah, they are here!”

“Such a perfect couple! I wonder how handsome their kids are gonna be!”

Jieun was nervous; she turned pale and almost fainted. Myungsoo slip his fingers, intertwined their fingers together. Jieun was feeling grossed, to be touch again by her boyfriend. Although it was as simple as holding hand, Jieun was disgusted. Not to mention how people are complimenting Myungsoo, who was very romantic to hold her hand.

“How are your guts, princess? Has it crumbled yet?”

“I shouldn’t have changed my perspective about you. You never change, Myungsoo. I guess one good did will never change you.” Her voice squeaks.

“Don’t get me wrong, it’s the game dear.”

“Seems like you lose your guts. Well then, it’s enough to satisfy me.” He continued.

Jieun remain silence as she seals her lip. She wasn’t brave enough to offend him, because of the situation she was in. If she breaks the game, Pil Suk would be in danger. She was too nervous to do anything. She let him do what he wants, but she kept on thing in her mind. This is a game.


“She is back, isn’t she?” Jiyeon jumps around, clapping her two hands excitedly, like a kid waiting for Christmas.

“Yes, Jiyeon. She is back.” Jieun couldn’t help but smile. She is happy that her sister is back and recovered very well.

“Where is she? I want to see her! I want to see how adorable she has become during those long months that cause her sister to be upset.” Jiyeon teases.

“I don’t think she has arrived, Jiyeon. I left before her, she asked me to.”

“Well, I think she wants to grow up. But Jieun..” she sighed. “What the hell are you thinking?” and she shouted.

“Jiyeon, stop it. You’re making me deaf.” As calm as ever, Jieun talks to her as she took a seat beside her.

“Jieun, she has just recovered and you’re leaving her alone in this dangerous place!”

“Calm down, dino. I just have seen her in her class.” Woohyun barged into their conversation.

“Who are you calling? Stupid.” Jiyeon rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Seems like she is well and recovered. Good job, Jieun.” Woohyun patted her head, with the difference of height between the two, he need to bend down a bit.

“Thanks.” She smiles faintly.

“Hey, Jieun. Answer me, honestly. You and Kim Myungsoo have just…”

“Yes, Woohyun. I’m sorry. It’s another stupid plan of him.”

“Jieun, be careful about the game. It’s dangerous.” He whispers faintly as he stares at Jiyeon eyes.

Jiyeon nodded, replying Woohyun stares. Things don’t seem going to be easy after today begins. Because they both know something that the lady didn’t know. The game will come to the next stage real soon, as soon as Pil Suk comes back. Actually the game hasn’t even entered the first round yet.


 

The Gossip Queen was hanging around the corridor and walking around the hallway. As usual, she never forgets to put up her act, being a charming talkative city-like teenage girl. Well, that is the simplest way to describe her charm. She is totally a city girl. It was a break, and she was in a good mood. Nothing really worries her today.

She has been too busy lately, to search for gossips. She has been too busy thinking about her own problem, not to forget her best friend, and the game. She doesn’t have enough time to search for new gossips. Of course, she won’t spread gossips about her own best friend; she would rather lose her title. That is why today, she is going to search for some new gossips.

Known as the Gossip Queen, it mean so much to her. She is a talkative girl, she always talks, and love to talks, especially when it came to gossips. Sometimes, she even forgets to seal away her lip during lessons and often get scolded. Oh, so whatsoever, she has been used to it. And the truth is, she too care about her popularity as the Gossip Queen, which is why she tried hard to protect it.

She might not be insane, like Kim Myungsoo. She was just rational; she is not naïve like Jieun. She was being rational and smart, to be able to live on. She knew how important popularity is nowadays, especially here at school. You won’t be able to live normally without it; people would be brave enough to hit you, to step on you, to hurt you, and they won’t hesitate to bully you. But with it, you only need to be perfect and nothing bad could happen to you. Of course, exclude Jieun case in this one.

“Hey, you bought the eggs?”

“Of course, dude! It’s the best part! Eggs..!”

“Wouldn’t be fun without flour…”

“Kidding! You brought it?”

“It’s going to be fun! Let’s hurry, second building second floor, correct?”

“Good memory you get there.”

Jiyeon hardly breathe after hearing the boys’ conversation. Eggs, flour. Her mind rush back to the incident, before Pil Suk committed a suicide, before things got a lot more complicated. Wait a minute, second building, and second floor. No, that can’t be.


“Jieun!Jieun! Tell me where Pil Suk is!” Jiyeon shouted anxiously, running amok.

“Calm down, Jiyeon. She would be fine, I checked on her 15 minutes ago. She is in her class.”

“I’m not kidding, Jieun! Where is it? Her class?”

“Second building, second floor.First year, C-class. What is wrong?” Jieun managed to catch the worries inside Jiyeon eyes.

“Jieun. Eggs, flour? Second bulding, second floor?”Jiyeon tried to explain.

“No, it can’t be!” Jieun eyes widen.

“It could, Jieun. It could happen.” Jiyeon knew it wouldn’t sound great, not the slightest bit. Yet the fact and reality are the things which always hurt.

Jieun rushed out from the class room, getting pale more and more each and every second. But her rushed step was stopped by Woohyun quite rough grab. She just stares at him; anxiety fills her more and more. She couldn’t do anything. She couldn’t think anymore. She doesn’t want to see that bloody scene twice.

“Do you need help?”

“No. Kim Myungsoo has promised me something. I would try to trust him for once, just like how he asked me to.” Jieun stares deeply at Woohyun, trying to gather herself together.

“And if he didn’t come?”

“This time, Woohyun. I will take my own stand.” She said it, her resolution, firmly without doubt or hesitation. She is ready, to fight.

Woohyun loosen his grip and let her rushed out, running along the hallway, rushing to her sister classroom. She is ready to fight, the question is, was she strong enough? Woohyun turned his head, he glance at Jiyeon who are very much worried. Jiyeon replied his stares but remain silence.

A warm welcome, I guess?

 

A/N

Another twist! Hahaha.. So do you like it? Comments and subscribe! Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you for staying tune all the time, for the lovely comments and for those who upvoted! Thank you *bow* :))