27

Backstage Princess

It’s finally Sunday, the day when Jieun will go on a date with him. She had already told Woohyun, not to forget Jiyeon. They both didn’t like the idea, especially Woohyun, she too hates the idea. Woohyun didn’t like it, not the slightest bit, but he didn’t blame her either. It’s a game after all, the game that Kim Myungsoo has set up for her. She would always be at a disadvantage.

Jieun has dressed up, not nicely, not the best she could. She only tried to dress up politely and suitably. She didn’t bother spending hours to pick the clothes she would wear, or spent hundreds dollar on new clothes. It’s only Kim Myungsoo, she doesn’t need to be pretty in front of him. However, if it’s the guy she is in love with, she might not be ready at this hour. 

They are supposed to meet at 10, in front of the school gate. Of course, it’s what Myungsoo has planned. He didn’t even bother, asking her about the time. It’s not like she has a problem with it. It’s just she can’t meet Pil Suk at this hour, since the hospital visiting hours has yet to start. She has called Jiyeon and Woohyun to take care of her.

It’s 9:30, Jieun is half an hour earlier. She has nothing to do and dressing up didn’t take that much time. Its spring, it’s not too cold or too hot, she could just dressed with anything. She took a taxi, and now here she is, waiting for the man, who hasn’t shown up yet.


Kim Myungsoo was actually running up late. He wakes up late in the morning, something he unusually does. He freaks out as soon as he realizes the clock has strike pass 9. For a date, he would need at least an hour to get ready. By then, Jieun must have been waiting for him.

We supposed, he shouldn’t be worried about his appearance. His only meeting Jieun after all, the girl he is using for popularity. He only needs to dress up casually, taking some pictures, and left for home. That girl wouldn’t compliment him either, but rather mocking him. He is sure that she wouldn’t appreciate his hard work dressing up.

However, he chooses to dress up nicely. He pull out everything inside his closet, letting it shattered on his bed. It took him almost half an hour to pick his clothes, which he’s sure will makes him looks good and dazzling. It took him another half an hour to get ready and an extra 15 minutes for the finishing touch. Seeing how much hard work he had done, the result was quite a satisfaction. He looks perfect and dazzling. But in the end, Jieun won’t take notice of him. Why would he do such a thing?

He knows he’s running late, yet it took him another 15 minutes to pick Hoya up and drive to the school gate. It’s a relief that it only took another 15 minutes to arrive in front of the school gate. Jieun was already standing there, for a long time. She didn’t bother to put a make up on, she let her pure beauty to shine.

As soon as he saw her, he couldn’t take his eyes off her. She was dazzling, even without make up. Her lovable lips, feminine figure, soft and soothing voice, she looks perfect. Myungsoo couldn’t even imagine how long it would take her to dress up that perfectly. Even he, a guy, needs almost one and a half hours to get ready. If he was about to guess, it would take her four hour to get ready.

“Jieun, how long have you been waiting?” Myungsoo asked, leaving his car to Hoya.

“Where have you been, Myungsoo? I have been waiting for half an hour!” Jieun frowns.

“So fast? How long does it take you to get ready?” Myungsoo asked again, feeling very much curious.

“Half an hour, I guess. And how long does it take you? An hour?” Jieun asked.

May be, she is always a dazzling one. It’s impossible for her, to spend a half an hour only, to dress up that perfectly. May be, it’s just him, because he never saw her wearing her own clothes. She really is gorgeous. That is why she is known to be the modest, the fashionable, and the perfect one. Of course, except for her shyness. 

“Shall we go then?”

“The faster, the better. I want to go home soon.”

“We haven’t even start, Jieunnie~.”


 Jieun could guess the reason why Kim Myungsoo chooses this place. An amusement park, one of the biggest one in Korea. Because here, many of them are a student from their school. Another good way to prove that they really are dating. Appearing together, on Sunday, on an amusement park, being all lovey-dovey, would be a more than enough prove.

“Here we go. What should we ride?” Myungsoo was excited, just like a little boy waiting for his birthday.

“Anything.” Jieun replied.

She could feel stares, glare, gaze, whispers, and many other things. People are staring at them. The girls who couldn’t help but keeping on staring at Myungsoo. The boys who can’t help but keep on staring at her. She feels insecure and uncomfortable but Myungsoo just didn’t care.

Their hands keep on brushing each other, getting her even more uncomfortable. She tried to keep their distance but failed to do so. Every time she took a step further away, the stare she is receiving became more and more intense. It creeps her out.

“It’s for the photo-shoot, just bear with it.” Myungsoo said as he holds her hand, getting them closer to each other.

“You’re not using me, right? Let go off me the second it has been taken.” She insisted.

“Don’t you feel bothered about the glare? The boys are staring at you.”

“So does the girl. You too are being stared at.”

“I’m used to it, Jieun. However, you are not. Just stay with me and they won’t bother you.”

“How could I trust you?”

“Jieun-ah, just relax and chill out today. Don’t be too suspicious about me. Hoya is with us, I can’t do anything to you.”

And after what she says, she didn’t even let go of his hand. She squeezes it tightly; she didn’t realize their hands were intertwined. She was too insecure and too scared to let go of his hand. Myungsoo too, didn’t bother to let go of her hand. He holds it tightly, as if he’s protecting her. A huge move on their first date.

“Shall we try riding that one?” Myungsoo pointing to one of the rides there.

“A rollercoaster? Are you sure?” Jieun asked.


Countless rides, and they seems to be having so much fun. Jieun forgot about how annoying Myungsoo really is, she just wants to have some fun today. When Pil Suk wakes up, she should bring her here. Pil Suk would like it very much. Myungsoo too has forgotten about their fake relationship and treated her just like his own girlfriend. After this date, they should have a better relationship.

“Hey, do you want an ice cream?”

“Ice cream? Sure! I love them!”

“What? Are you a 5 year old kid?” Myungsoo teased.

They bought an ice cream. Of course, after so much trouble choosing the taste and quarrelling about who will pay. Finally, it’s decided. Myungsoo will pay for his own, and Jieun for her own.

“So you like dark chocolate?”

Myungsoo nodded. “I do. And you like mint flavor?”

“It’s sweet and cold, so I like them. Aren’t dark chocolate bitter?”

“Yeah. I don’t like sweet things, not like you.”

“I too like dark chocolate you know. I don’t like things that are too sweet.”

So, she likes mint flavor, she hates things that are too sweet. So, he likes bitter things. He hates sweet things. Another thing to remember about each other.

“Should we pick the last ride?” Myungsoo asked.

“It’s up to you.” Jieun said while smiling widely. It’s the first time he saw her captivating smile.

“Let’s ride that one, the merry-go-round.” Myungsoo pointed.

“Okay, then.”

Jieun has waited for this moment. She knew this is just for the photo, after riding the merry-go-round everything will end. And Myungsoo won’t disturb her for a week long. She does have lots of fun today, but she knew this is only for the photo. Hoya is watching them from somewhere.

They went inside the merry-go-round, along with the couples there. It’s sweet watching them having their moments from afar. However, not Jieun neither Myungsoo tried to begin a conversation. They are quiet, letting the silence fills the room. When they are on top, Jieun could speculate she will be asked to do something outside her will.

“Just talk to me, Jieun. A second ago you’re being all nice and now, look at you being suspicious again.”

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo. It’s just… we haven’t been in a good term. You too are a moody guy.”

“I won’t ask you to do anything more, Jieun. Just talk to me.”

“I’m not good at starting a conversation you know.”

“Just tell me what you like and what you don’t.”

“And why should I tell you?”

“Jieun, are you going to quarrel with me all day long?”

“Myungsoo, are you going to keep ordering me around?”

“Seems like we have a long way to go. Lee Ji Eun is a tough woman.” Myungsoo stated frankly.

“Kim Myungsoo is an annoying man.” Jieun replied and the two laugh.


“Myungsoo, it’s almost dawn! I need to go home.” Jieun frowns.

“We could date until it’s night.”

“No! I want to go home!”

“Are you really going home? Or are you just going to the hospital again?”

“What do you want me to do, Myungsoo? Pil Suk is there!”

“Just date me a little longer.”

“You wish. Jiyeon and Woohyun are with her, they need to go home too.”

“Really, are you two going to quarrel all day? You never quarrel before, Jieun.” Hoya frowns.

“I just want to go home, Hoya-ssi. He didn’t even let me!”

“Okay, then! I will let you, as long as you let me drive you home.” Myungsoo said.

Jieun nodded and she jumps to his car.


“Jieun-ah, do you have fun?” Jiyeon asked, excitedly.

“Not really. Since it’s him. But I like the place, we should go there sometime.”

Lee Ji Eun was actually having fun. Although they spent most of their time quarrelling, Kim Myungsoo has become kinder. He treated her better. However, she does realize that this is only for the photo. This is something they acted out, to believe that they are really dating.

Kim Myungsoo too was actually having much more fun, something he hasn’t had for a long time. They spent more time on quarrelling, but he loves seeing her arguing with him. She’s a hot headed; it’s hard to just change her mind. He didn’t mention her sister name, because he doesn’t want her to feel burden. However, he knew she hates him. This is something she acted out, not because of her own will. 

 

A/N

I deeply apologize for this overly bad chapter. Uh.. I feel like I'm very lacking. It's lacking of fluff. Well, as you know I'm not good at writing fluff. Anyway, here you go! MyungU dates! >.< I ship them a lot!!! Comments and subscribe! Thank you!