45

Backstage Princess

 

They have just made up last week, after three days of avoiding each other. Myungsoo was happy that they finally get a little closer again to each other. After cooking together and causing a mess inside Jieun house, Myungsoo could feel how they have grown even closer. He could be addicted to her, because at times he could find himself staring at her without able to get his eyes off her.

When the sun was about to set, Myungsoo would find himself smiling like an idiot. Every day has been a blessing to him and he loves evening. After the class is dismissed, he would run to Jieun as they would walk together to Jieun home. Myungsoo never bring an umbrella, it was something he does on purpose so they could walk together closely under the same umbrella.

It would be a lie if he wasn’t expecting any skinship with Jieun. He expected them a lot; he wishes to be able to hold her hand. However, that too never happens. Jieun always avoids skin ship, she hates to be touch. Of course, their fingers would brush each other from time to time but Jieun would soon pull it away if Myungsoo was about to grab it tightly.

We do all hopes that those happy moments will last longer. However, the worse scenario always happens. Jieun suddenly avoid any contacts with him, although sometimes he could found her looking at him from a far. She was keeping her distant. He doesn’t really know why, because he too hasn’t have the chance to talk to her. This time, she is seriously keeping her distant.

Today too, he could only look at her from a far. She was safe and happier than when she is with him. Sitting together with Nam Woohyun while teasing each other. The Gossip Queen wasn’t there, she was busy searching for more gossips.

“Jieun-ah, Myungsoo didn’t do anything bad to you, did he?” Woohyun asked, he too could feel the weird atmosphere surrounding Myungsoo and Jieun.

“He didn’t. Rest assure, Woohyun. I would slap him if anything happen.”

“Then, why would you be the one avoiding him?”

“I wasn’t avoiding him, Woohyun.”

“You can’t lie to me, can you?”

Jieun sigh, she can lie to the world but not to Woohyun and not to Jiyeon. Woohyun is a mind-reader and he is excellent, he could figure it out the moment he saw Jieun face. While Jiyeon wasn’t the type to be bothering people business that much, although she’s the gossip queen, she never interfere Jieun business. She may know what Jieun is thinking but she would sealed her lip.

“I’m a bad liar, I guess. And you must be an excellent mind-reader. You should really stop reading my mind.”

“I’m not reading, Jieun. You’re the one who keeps on telling me.” Woohyun replied as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

“I know, Woohyun. I just don’t want to talk about it.”

“Well, then. Let’s talk about something else.” His attitude changes, he become more relax and playful. But Jieun knew when Woohyun said let’s talk about something else, it’s not going to be something good.

“What do you want to talk about, Woohyun?”

“Call me, Woonie. You’re comfortable with that, right? And I will call you IU.”

“Please, Woohyun. Don’t mess around today.”

“Jieun, do you have come to love him?” Woohyun sudden question surprises her. She was taken aback, shock to hear his sudden question.

“Wha- What do you mean by him?”

“You know who he is, Jieun. Kim Myungsoo.”

Jieun sighed, she is unsure too. But she knows the right answer.

“It’s a game, Woohyun. If I fall for him, I would be the one losing in the end. The game is going to end sometime and one of us will suffer from a broken heart. I don’t love him, Woohyun.”

“What if it’s going to be two of you who will suffer from a broken heart in the end? You’re falling for him, Jieun. You look happier; you look to be having fun with him.”

“It’s going to be neither one of us, Woohyun. I won’t fall for him.”

“Tell me why Jieun. I know you never fall in love unless you’re sure enough.”

“I will tell you someday, Woohyun. Let me just gives you one hint : I was left to wait.

“Tell me more.” Woohyun insisted, however Jieun refuses. It bothers him knowing the fact that Jieun was actually waiting for someone. It’s going to be unclear, may be for an eternity until she was brave enough to be open about it.


“Pil Suk, is your sister home yet?” Myungsoo asked as he sat down on the living room couch, ready to tutor Pil Suk.

“Jieun unnie? She is home. She is resting inside her room.” Pil Suk said, as she serves tea for Myungsoo.

“Is she sick? It looks like she has been avoiding me.” Myungsoo sighed, ruffling his hair.

“She is fine, oppa. She is busy doing many things.”

It’s the same answer as always. Every day, Myungsoo would ask Pil Suk the same thing and Pil Suk too would answer the same thing. Jieun would get out from her room soon after just to check on how the two are doing before going back to her room. If Myungsoo tried to call her, she would just ignore him.

Even Myungsoo could feel it. Pil Suk was trying hard to make him fall for her. She wore unusually cute dresses and he could see how her body changed to slim. She too sometimes would gaze blankly at him, staring at his figure. Myungsoo has been used to it, he receives a lot of love and affection every day from his fan girl.

And sometimes it makes Myungsoo wonder, was it the reason why Jieun has been avoiding him? Because Pil Suk fall for him and Jieun was trying to be a good sister? Myungsoo didn’t like the idea at all. The game, how could it suddenly turns it back against him?

“Pil Suk-ssi.”

“Yes, L-oppa?”

“Can you call your sister out before I gone home? I have something to talk with her.” Myungsoo requested.

“Are you sure? I’m afraid my sister wouldn’t come out.”

“Use your aegyo or anything, it’s important.”

“Okay then, oppa.”


Jieun was surprise when Pil Suk suddenly barge in her room and said that Myungsoo wanted to talk to her. She thought she has made it clear enough for Pil Suk. She would never talk to Myungsoo again, she would avoid her the best she could. She would never meet him again. And now, Pil Suk said she must meet Myungsoo because they have something important to talk about.

Jieun pull a jacket out from her closet, and wrapped herself inside before going out to meet Myungsoo. It would be super awkward. She knew it, because they haven’t talk for the last 7 days and Jieun has already forgotten what she should talk about.

“Myungsoo-ssi.” Jieun greeted and without realizing she bowed to him.

“Oh, Jieun.” It was a habit, when somebody bow to you, you would just replied it back politely.

Jieun giggled, Myungsoo just bowed. She never saw Myungsoo being so polite before. She has the urge to laugh out loud, but she chooses to hold to urge inside. It’s going to be weird if she suddenly laughs.

“Jieun-ah, why are you avoiding me? You didn’t even cook for me! You left me starving to death.”

“I’m not avoiding you, Myungsoo.”

“Jieun-ah, stop lying. You didn’t even want to see me, even if it’s not Pil Suk who uses whatever it is to ask you to come out.”

“Well, I need sometime alone, Myungsoo. I was having much more things to do.”

“Jieun-ah, when I was standing in front of you, you ignored me! You will took a glance of me from a far.”

Jieun blushes remembering what she has done. It’s true; she would take a glance of his figure from time to time. “It’s because you’re staring at me, Myungsoo. I could feel your eyes on me.”

“Ah, well. I can’t help but to look at you. It’s because you keep on avoiding me!” Myungsoo too blushes as he remembers spending most of his time staring at her. He rub the back of his head nervously.

“I’m sorry, Myungsoo. But let’s avoid each other from now on.” Jieun requested, however she could feel her heart throbbing in pain.

Myungsoo eyes widen in shock as his mouth was hang open. He couldn’t believe Jieun said that. Has he accidentally hurt her? Or has she found someone else that she is deeply in love with? But they’re dating, well it’s fake but they’re still dating. If they suddenly avoid each other, a question mark would suddenly appear inside people head.

But that was not the case, it was his heart. He doesn’t exactly know why his heart suddenly hurt so much that he feels like dying. What does she mean by avoid? He truly didn’t want to avoid her; he wants to be with her.

Just when he thought, he could just let go of the game and let himself fall for her, this happens. He can’t even think anymore. He is truly a cruel man; he has been the one playing around with her feelings. But why now? They could just avoid each other from beginning; Jieun could just say it right away.

“Jieun? I don’t get it.”

Her careful steps, she moves backwards, asking him to follow her. She smiles as she inhales the cold air of the dark night. “Pil Suk shall never know about our relationship. If we got too close, everything may turn into a mess.”

He couldn’t see her face; he could only stares at her figure from the back. “Really Jieun? Is that all, your reason?”

She nods, but hiding her faces from him. She didn’t dare to turn her back and face him. Was she hurting too? Was it something she didn’t want to do? She is a good sister; of course she would do anything to make Pil Suk safe?

“So, Jieun. Do you live alone?” Myungsoo asked.

Jieun turns, facing Myungsoo. He could see pain and traces of tear. He has chosen the wrong time to ask that one stupid question. He shouldn’t have asked her today, he should have just chooses another day. The question might have hurt her hard, that she turns that much fragile.

“I do, Myungsoo. I do live alone.” She answers, as she looked up to the sky. It was a very dark night, not even a spark of the smallest star could be seen.

“Alone? Your parents, Jieun?” Myungsoo hesitated at first but Jieun convinced him to ask more.

“I barely remember them. I tried hard to remember their faces, yet I couldn’t find them.”

“So… all these time. When I did it to her, when she suddenly committed a suicide, you’re… all alone?”

“I think you should know, Myungsoo. She was the only thing I could hold on to, the only thing I could expect happiness from, the only person that meant so much to me. So by the time it happens, I was… all alone and all broken.” She clenched her fist tightly, trying not to shed any tears.

“Jieun-ah, I’m so sorry.” Myungsoo said it again, but no matter how many times he said it, there is no way she could ever forgive him. It was something worse, that he had done to her.

“So, Myungsoo. The next time you do something like that, the next time she got hurt… the next time she tried to kill herself… I would disappear together with her.”

“Jieun-ah, please. I’m so sorry.” It terrifies him, hearing her words. If she was about to disappear, what would he become? She should stand strong or the world may crumble.

“Myungsoo, I really wish I could accept your apology. I really wish I could say its okay. I really wish I could be strong enough to forgive you, kind enough to forget everything.”

Ever since the beginning, he knows forgiveness would be something impossible to achieve. “It’s okay, Jieun. I understand.”


“Unnie, have you ever been in love?” It was a sudden question that Pil Suk asked the other night, when she suddenly wanted to talk to her.

“No, I don’t think so.” Jieun has never been in love before, she doesn’t really know whether her feelings were love or it was simply lust. She was waiting for someone but her feeling toward him was uncertain.

“It’s when you have ba-thump ba-thump feelings. When silence feel so nice, when you could not help but thinking about him all the time. Was it love unnie? People said it is love.” Pil Suk continued.

“Are you in love, Pil Sukkie~?”

“Are you, unnie?”

Kim Myungsoo.

Jieun didn’t really know the reason why, but his name just suddenly pop up inside her head. They were talking about love and suddenly her heart said it, his name. She doesn’t really know why, but she just couldn’t help but thinking about him. She might be insane.

“I’m in love, unnie.”

“Oh, really? My sister has grown up. But be careful of love, Pil Suk. They could break you easily.”

“My first love wasn’t a good story to remember, unnie. But I think this time, I would be brave enough to hold on to it.”

“So who is it, Pil Suk? Your lucky guy.”

“It’s Kim Myungsoo, unnie.”

Jieun almost got a heart attack, after hearing Pil Suk mentioning his name. It was something she didn’t expect before. He was the one responsible for her comma, her state of health. How could she fall in love with her? She tried hard to wake her up, to make her hates him not to fall for him. They couldn’t fall for the same person, could they? One of them needs to back off and this time it has to be Pil Suk.

“Pil Sukkie! Are you serious? He was the one who hurt you!”

“Unnie, he has never done anything to me! He was kind, he protected me!”

“The last time you tried to harm yourself it was because of him!”

“No, unnie! It was because of my first love!”

“Pil Suk, tried to remember!”

But no, she doesn’t remember about it.

Pil Suk has burry her trauma deep inside, as she tried to make everything new and friendly. So her resolution wasn’t something made because of her last incident, it was because of her first love. How could her memory become so messed up? Jieun was questioning herself about it.



Jieun was laying on her bed, thinking about Myungsoo. She didn’t really mean to say it. She too didn’t want to avoid him. Yet this is going to be the best, to protect Pil Suk. Because finally the two siblings has been tied to the same man. Jieun will have no choice but to let Pil Suk have him.

He too has hurt her beyond repair, what use it would be to keep sticking around him. They’re playing a game, they will have to leave each other someday. Rather than falling harder for him, it’s better to avoid him and let her feelings stop growing and finally disappear. She wasn’t even sure about her feelings toward him, because deep down, she’s still waiting for someone.


A/N

Hello guys, I have an announcement to make! I think I would be going on a HIATUS starting from the second week of February. I will be on HIATUS for three months straight, maybe more. I would come back as soon as possible, I hope in April but I think I would be updating often starting the end of May. Here is chapter 45, I know some of you didn't like the idea of Pil Suk liking Myungsoo but just let the story flow and let's enjoy some twisted plot! (I hope it's not to twisted!)   As usual, comments some more and subscribe! I don't really know what votings are used for, but if you would like, please upvote too! I makes me happy.. kekeke..