71

Backstage Princess

A relationship that is very similar to the tug-of-war game, a pull and push one. Jieun and Myungsoo have been in such relationships for over three months yet none of them has proposed a break-up. Well, to us the reason might be obvious, since Myungsoo is playing his game and Jieun is only one of the players.

It was Saturday and Myungsoo keeps on cursing as his feet started to take him somewhere- somewhere he suddenly thinks of in the morning. Bad choice, my dear. He was thinking of Jieun the whole week, eversince the day they fights until today comes. He spends hours each night to think of what to do. And here he is, on his way to Jieun house knowing that he would only upset her even more.

Saturday, it’s clear to him how much Jieun loves Saturday. She spends time enjoying herself, without thinking of the rest of the world. The day she turns selfish and rather harsh. He has been kicked out before, although in the end they go on a date instead of shooing him away. But today, after the fights, he didn’t think this will be a good idea.

It’s too late to turn back now; he has left his big-hollow mansion an hour ago and took the subway. He has even dressed himself nicely, with casual denim. He looks too cool today, standing out in the crowds that caused girl to fangirling all over him. He puts on a cool smile and arrogant act that causes girls to melt over him.

He was wrong; he knows he was wrong to stalk Jieun and Woohyun that day. What Jieun said was true that he has no rights of controlling her. She has the rights to let her privacy remains private and opened up about things she is comfortable about. Myungsoo was wrong; it’s time he apologizes to her. He must have hurted her so much.


Left at the age of 10, she has turned into a responsible young lady. She could take care of everything on her own, including daily needs, purchase, and life. Different from those teenagers on her age, her mindset was much more mature and looking forward. She could take care of her own problem. She was simply a perfect figure of a woman.

However, the huge responsibilities she had to take have left her rather cautions. She was very cautions, being very careful at every single extra detail. She has learnt about life- about betrayal and trust. She has learnt about who to trust and who to be aware and cautious about. She has learnt to be aware of her surroundings, to be rather idependent. Cautious has become her true-nature.

Maybe, if it wasn’t her cautious nature, she might have believed in Myungsoo. Hearts aren’t something created to be played around with. It could deliver a huge amount of pain, once you took the wrong step. As a cautious young lady, Jieun was scared to get hurt. As if her injury of the past wasn’t enough, Kim Myungsoo was probably wants to hurt her even more. Therefore, she’s afraid.

But his eyes tell a different story. Being independent at a very young age, Jieun has learnt how to read people’s mind. At least she studied a bit of pshycology, thanks to a three years long manner education and another addition of a year-long pshycology education; she was prepared enough to read people expression. She barely used it though, since she prefers to know them naturally rather than investigating them.

His eyes were honest. She could figure it out right away, that his eyes could never lie. Sometimes, his lip and eyes wasn’t in harmony, they told two different truths and from times to times his eyes will only told the truth. That day, when he said that he loves her, his eyes was too honest, too gentle, and too sincere. It has left her anxious, since his acts show such a different fact.

It was Saturday, the day she is supposed to enjoy life. She is supposed to forget all those troublesome matter, enjoy a cup of tea and the morning breezes. She should have walked downtown, to see new shops and spent some money on new clothing line. She should have gone to the nearest coffee shop to enjoy some hot chocolate. But now, she’s tossing and turning around on her bed, without a single inspiration that come across her mind. Her sketchbook was left empty, unlike usual. She was… going crazy.

What should she do? Her eyes wander around, before bumping her aching back to the soft bed. The guitar, she looked up only to find her guitar hanging next to her bed, above her head. The pink straps tied to it, giving a final nice touch to the acoustic guitar. Her name on it has turned quite worn-out, she sighed again.


He arrived in front of her house; his heartbeat was about to explode since it beats too fast. He clears his throat, before murmuring things to himself. He was trying a few dialogues, a simple greetings, and some others extras. It’s not like it’s the first time he’s talking to Jieun, but things seem to be very different lately, including hearts and feelings.

His simple black and white denim matches his cool-guy aura, fixing his looks, he nervously pressed the door bell. He didn’t expect it would swing open in a few seconds, right after he pressed it. He almost chocked and fell to the floor, due to the sudden shocked. But soon, he calmed after Pil Suk’s figure appears.

“Oppa! What have you done to my unnie? She has been growling all week.” She folded her arms while pointing her index finger on him and continues to scold the older boy.

“Wha- Just let me come in.” He requested politely, holding her back before her blabbering continues longer.

“Oppa! Did you two fight again? You know unnie hates fighting!”

“I come to fix some misunderstandings today. Where is she?”

“She has been locking herself up inside her room all day, thanks to you oppa.” She glares at him.

“Well, I need to see her.”

“Don’t you dare doing anything weird to my sister!” She warns before walking away to continue watching her favorite weekend dramas.

“Calm down, Pil Suk. I won’t do anything to your unnie.”

“Going to a woman room is wrong, bad boy.” She teases him.


 Jieun was asleep with her guitar on the floor. Her back was leaning against the wall, as she fell asleep in a sitting position. It must have hurt a lot, since her head was hanging down. Her neck would hurt by the time she’s awake. Maybe, she has finally found her peace and being able to sleep.

Myungsoo giggled, seeing how peaceful she is. Strands of hair fall across her flawless face, her shirt exposed most of her milky white skin. She was only wearing shorts and simple t-shirts. Afraid that she might feel uncomfortable, he approaches her stealthily; to make sure she won’t jump and wake up.

“Are you really that much tired?” He asked, tugging her strands of hair behind her ear.

She looks pretty, her skin was perfect. She was smiling, even in her sleep. Her lips curves upward, creating a peaceful smile that could turn this world in harmony. The smile was so peaceful and very delightful. It seems to be fading away yet it remains curving up on her face, haunting each and every person who has seen it with happiness.

“How could you be this pretty?” He whispers in her ear, without thinking that she might be awake.

He was mesmerized by her beauty. She was simply flawless, more than what people think about her. She is a lot more special, a lot more charming. Her charms are indescribable. He has never been this cheesy before, complimenting girls for their looks and charms. He has never been this gentle, tugging a girl’s hair behind their ears. Yet why is he doing all of these?

“Let’s moved you somewhere.” He lifted her up and moves her to the bed.

“Sweet dreams, baby.” He kissed her forehead before covering her petite body in blankets. He let her sleep in her king-sized bed while he took the couch. Her room was big enough; it fits a gigantic closet, desk, and also couches. He wrapped himself inside a warmth blanket before drifting off to dreamland.


Jieun yawns, she was awake a while ago listening to Myungsoo’s cheesy lines but soon drifted back to her dreamland. She stretched her arm, finding herself lying down comfortably on her king-sized bad. She looks around while rubbing her eyes- something Myungsoo would scold her own. She shook her head before searching for Myungsoo, and there he is sleeping on the couch.

“You’re awake?” She was startled when he suddenly said that words with his eyes closed. She was staring at him from a far.

“Am I that much handsome that you can’t take your eyes off me?” there you go, cheesy acts.

“Are you that much cheesy?” She made a tsk sound.

“I am.”

“How long have you been there?”

“Well, two hours. Are you hibernating? It’s early in the morning yet you already fell asleep for two extra hours!”

“And you have been stalking me for over two hours. It’s Saturday, why are you coming to my house on Saturday?!” She puffed her cheek.

“Are we going to fight again? You’re being sweet a minute ago.”

“Who said we have made up?”

“So you’re still mad?”

“You’re stalking me again.”

“I’m sorry, Jieun-ah.”

“I can’t believe you anymore.”

“Believe in me, Jieun-ah. Yesterday, I was just….. I’m sorry.”

“I was just….”

“Okay! Okay! I’m jealous!” Myungsoo gritted his teeth and looked away in embarrasement.

The fact was understandable though, that he decided to admit his jealousy and looked away in instant. He’s well-known for his cool and calm acts. Sometimes he would seen to be arrogant but he’s actually soft inside. Jieun may have yet to know the fact, but it won’t be long before she found out.

Jieun bursts, laughing. It managed to ease the tension in the air, and Myungsoo was giggling because of Jieun’s laugh. As people said, laughs tend to spread around and Jieun’s laugh has brought him enough happiness. Although soon, they bickered again. Well, some love birds are that way.

“Why are you laughing?!” Myungsoo yelled.

“You… You are jealous? Unbelievable!” Jieun pointed index finger to him.

“Why? I can’t be jealous?”

“No! Its’ just….”

“So are you two dating now? You and Woohyun?” His words causes the tension to rise up high again but soon it breaks apart thanks to Jieun’s laugh. She laugh out loud, without thinking of grace or any beauty of it. She simply laugh, as if she’s enjoying the moments a lot.

“Of course, not! Do you even listen until the end?!”

“Why? I mean… he’s cool, he’s handsome, not to mention smart. He’s perfect.”

“I can’t tell you my reason.” She turns serious. That’s why Myungsoo decided not to ask anymore since they had just made up.


“Jieun-ah, you can play guitar?” Myungsoo asked, pointing at her guitar with pink straps on it.

“A little bit. It’s been a while since I played. Can you play it?” She replied, while strumming the guitar strings.

“Not that good, but I can.”

“Can you sing?” She asked as she started to hum.

“A bit, I’m not that good you know. Woohyun and Sunggyu is the best at it, but not me. I’m… just well… the average. Can you?”

“Well, I won’t say I can. I don’t think I’m that good.”

“Just try, I want to hear you singing. I think you will be just fine.”

“No, you will only be laughing at me!”

“Mmm… I will sing if you sing for me.”

“Just don’t laugh at me and promise me you will sing.”

“Sure!” They intertwined their pinky.

“Okay, I will start.” Jieun strums the guitar strings once more, before warming up her vocal cords.

“I don’t know if this will be good.” Jieun tilt her head a bit to the right, she nervously smiles.

“Just sing.” Myungsoo patted her head nervously, waiting for her voice to echo in his ears. It will be the best, because just by imagining it has brought him happiness.

“I will start.”

She locked her eyes to his as her fingers started to adjust itselves. She looked away for some moments, much to Myungsoo’s disappointment, but soon she locked their eyes without letting him to run away. She let him to swim deep inside her brown orbs, to let him feel what she’s feeling. It was her effort on conveying her uncertainity.

IU- Dreaming

Her mind was wandering around, while her eyes were locked with his. They were staring at each others very deeply, a gaze of admiration or something more to it. Their gaze was so lovely and gentle, dedicated only to each other. Jieun was searching for lyrics that would pass by her mind from time to time. He has become an inspiration to her.

His figure was so perfect, too perfect. What is he? He can’t originally be a human. His eyes are dark but lovely; she would like to sink herself deep inside the darkness. Although it’s dark, she thinks that it is comfortable and rather secure. His nose was perfectly sculpted, without a single flaw. His hair was something she would like to touch, it seems silky. His cool acts were something undescribeable that makes him even more charming. That guy was too perfect.

It was doubtful, at times when she realizes whose she’s dating. Although it is fake, sometimes it was scary since the whole world thinks that they’re truly dating. If it’s real life, than this must have been all a dream. She must be dreaming right now. She could have fallen for him, to be honest. He was too charming to be real and that is why she hasn’t yet to fall for him. Because she’s being careful.

The song ends as she sang the last line she could ever make up. It ended in a minutes, but it was long enough, thinking that she rarely done things like this. Their eyes locked, even after the melody ends. Jieun voice was sweet and soothing and Myungsoo loves it. Her voice was echoing inside his heads, giving him such a relaxing and nice tingling feeling.

“It’s very good, Jieun-ah! You should sing more for me!”

“No- No, I don’t think it’s good.”

“So who is it? The song your singing just now… is it for me?”

“You’re being very arrogant, Myungsoo.”

“Well, I fit perfectly to the lines of your song. It must be me then.”

“Okay, okay. It’s you.” She said shyly.

“Jieun-ah, you should sing for me every night. I will be sleeping peacefully after listening to your voice.” He complimented but Jieun choose to ignore it. She would be very embarrassed if she ever reacted to his compliments and turn red all of the sudden.

“Your turn.” Jieun handed him the guitar.

“Don’t laugh at me… okay?” He tilt his head a bit, trying to get a clear view of her face.

“Fine.”

“I will start.” He cleared his throat, before adjusting his voice with the melody.

INFINITE – Julia

As if he was about to confessed, he can’t take his eyes off her. He was staring at her so deeply, and more than his expectations, she replied his gaze. Their eyes locked again, the melody fills the atmosphere. Pil Suk, who could hear it from the outside, was smiling widely, being satisfied at her own choice, letting them to be together.

Jieun smiled to him, encouraging him to give her best. She was expecting him to sing, she wonders how cool he would look like when it comes to singing. She never expects him to be able to sing, although she knows most of the INFINITE can sing very well. Woohyun too could sing very well and Jieun has always been envious of him.

Her smile was more than encouraging to Myungsoo. It gets him shy that he almost chocked because of his own breath but soon he finds it captivating- her smile is. He started the first line smoothly. The lyrics were simply a confession of his true feelings, feelings that he wasn’t able to convey at the moment.

She was everything to him; he didn’t really know when does it start, but he knows she has become an important part to his life. He might have mention this many times before, but that wasn’t enough. He wants to be able to say it to her, how much he loves her. He loves her with all his heart, although she won’t know it. He has said it before, yet it was all a joke to her. Although it wasn’t her fault, it was his, thanks to his stupid game that has lost its point now.

He will wait, until the day he could confessed, until the day she would accept him. He would wait for her. He doesn’t care when it will arrived, he will just wait. She was his Juliette, she was flawless. Her milky white skin was very charming, shining a radiant bright color that glows. Her red lips were attempting, as red as the roses are. Her eyes are warmth and gentle, in radiant colors of almond and her hair was silky smooth. He badly wanted to twirl it around.

Her petite figure was something he loved the most, it keeps her seems to be reachable. Although when you total her up, she would turn into someone unreachable thanks to her perfection. The only thing he could wish for was her to stay reachable, for them to stay close, for moments to stay as memories, and for chances to rise up. He hopes they could remain like this forever, not as fake couples but as the real one.

Kim Myungsoo, it’s time to be honest. He loves her, so much. He has forgotten about time and fell head-over-heels for Lee Ji Eun. He loves her. He has fallen for her. And today, he promises to himself, as a gentleman, that he will confessed by the time winter came, on Christsmas. Let’s hope everything will be just fine until that day come.

The melody ended and Jieun was still enjoying the trails that were left behind. She soon clapped her head excitedly and jumps around. She likes it so much that she keeps on complimenting her. She even patted his head and drops some of the formalities. It’s quite fun talking to her when she dropped all the formalities.

“You are better than me!”

“I think that’s too much. You’re splendid, Jieun-ah.” He replied, ruffling her almond hair.

“Sing more! I really like it! The lines are sweet and touching.” She said, jumping in excitement.

“Let’s just do a duet. What song would you like to sing?”

“Let’s search for one.”

And they ended up being next to each other, reading a collection of books and songs. There were only an inch between them, their skin even touch each other. Jieun was very excited, and in the end they pick 2AM’s Can I love you. The feeling was intense and seems to be very real when they sang it. They form a great duet couple and keeps on singing for half of the day before decided to go out.


“Where do you want to go?” Myungsoo asked, before linking their hands.

“Up to you. I don’t really feel like doing anything today.”

“Wants to go to that shop again? It’s quite far though, downtown.”

“I don’t feel like designing today. I don’t have any theme or inspiration…. Or a person I would like to give to.” Jieun unconsciously lean on his shoulder.

“Noona! Noona! You should try fixing hyung’s style!” It was Sungjong voice that caused the two to stops their tracks and turns around.

The INFINITE was stalking them from a far, before deciding to chase them. Sungjong was running toward Jieun and Myungsoo quickly push him away before he manages to hug Jieun. That maknae has grown very fond of Jieun, he talks about her all the time and keeps on complimenting them. Much to Jieun’s delight but Myungsoo’s disappointment, Hoya was there and Jieun quickly left her boyfriend for her childhood friend.

“Noona! Let’s go shopping! L hyung needs a make over! He only wears black clothes and also clothes in same design but different colors! His fashion taste is terrible.” He pouted, before clinging on to her.

Jieun could only grin, finding their little maknae very cute. She soon looks up, Hoya was smiling to her. She found it relieving since they haven’t talked for a while. It’s been a long time since they hang out and it seems to be quite a good chance for it.

“What do you want to do?” Jieun asked, rather than asking Myungsoo, she asked Hoya.

“Anything. It’s nice if we could grab some lunch before going to… I hope you don’t mind making some more clothes for me.” He requested.

“I will made some later, let’s just grab some lunch.”


“Yah! Lee Sungjong!” Myungsoo vented his anger to the youngest as soon as they arrived home. It was Sunggyu’s home for today, since it was the nearest to Jieun’s house. Actually, Hoya’s was but if they go there, Jieun would follow them around.

“Hyung! Stop calling me that.”

“What are you doing today? All of you?!” He exploded.

“We’re helping you, idiot.” Sungyeol explained nonchalantly.

“Today was supposed to be a date not a hangout! And you!” He points at Hoya, “she keeps on clinging on to you rather than to me!”

“That’s not my fault. Maybe she founds me charming.”

“Yah!” He sighed in frustration, admitting the defeat.

He couldn’t help but smile, despite the fact that their date got ruined by his friends. Well, you could count their duet today as their date. They got closer and he’s sure that he loves her. It feels weird because he keeps on grinning like an idiot. But who knows, maybe something good would be happening soon.

Although what might appear the next time is….

The opposite.