32

Backstage Princess

 

Jieun was inside, still alone with Kim Myungsoo. She actually tried hard to get rid of him, but unable to do so. She let him do whatever he wants, she doesn’t care anymore. She has been hurt, by him, and it’s not the first time. Yet this time he has turned into a lot more gentleman. Why is it? May be, he’s just guilty.

She can’t believe him anymore. She has been kind enough to him. He has been such a jerk to her. She never think she could hate someone this much. She is a human after all, she is not 100% perfect like what people thinks. Right now, she just wants to ran away, pushing him and the whole world away.

“Jieun-ah, you should take care of yourself.”

Why would he be saying all of these things? Is he pretending again? Is all of this an act to him? What would he do next? Maybe, he would hurt Pil Suk again. Or no, maybe he would hurt Jieun the next time. He has succeeded well, in planning and playing the game. He has won. Wasn’t that enough?

“Could you believe me for once, Jieun? I didn’t do anything to yoursister. I was just visiting her.”

Is he telling the truth? Jieun doesn’t even care anymore. He is responsible, that is all she cares about. Even if her sister wakes up, it’s impossible to forgive him. She is tied to him, simply to protect her sister. There is nothing more important than that. Yet he didn’t keep his promise.

“You promise me, Myungsoo. You promise me! And you break it! How could I ever trust you again?” Jieun shouted on top of her lungs, yet nothing came out from .

Jieun couldn’t understand anything right now. She couldn’t take it anymore. The lady has finally given up. Would he be happy if she finally disappears?

However, it’s not the time. Her phone rings


Jieun looks at her phone intensely. The thing was vibrating, echoing a loud noise. Jieun just let it be, without the will to pick it up. She was bored and tired; she doesn’t want to talk or to hear anything. She doesn’t care whether it’s a good news or a bad news, she’s tired. She doesn’t want to think anymore.

But that little thing keeps on vibrating, pleading her to pick it up immediately. She sighed in desperation, extending her hand to grab it and pick it up. She stares for a moment, it vibrates and rings again and again, giving her a headache.

“Hello,” her voice was barely audible. has become sore.

“Ms. Lee!” It’s Mrs. Jung.

It doesn’t take that much time before her eyes grew wider and loses her grip on her phone. She jumps off the bad, trying to ran out from the infirmary. She stumbles on her own step, countless times. She needs to drag her feet to walk out from it, leaving Myungsoo behind. She is weak.

“Woohyun!” she called the only man she could trust.

“Jiyeon!” and her last strength to call her bestfriend.

They are outside, having their serious conversation. Jieun know it, just by looking at their eyes. It was something she shouldn’t know. Something Jieun would know soon enough, something she should figure it out on her own. The two turn around, facing her who looks absolutely pale.

She has woken up.