42 : Sleeping Beauty

Backstage Princess

 

The evening, silence and peaceful. Sunrays shine through the window, penetrating the transparent glass easily. The orange-yellowish rays shine, fall on top of her head, shining on her silky almond-brown hair color. She looks perfectly beautiful, with her hair sparkling under the rays and her milky white skin looking even fairer under the shine. And she looks rather calm and peaceful.

Gazing at her blankly, she was irresistible. He was captivated by her beauty, once again unable to get his eyes off her. His heart was more likely to explode once again, after beating crazily on their date last Saturday. And now she is sleeping carelessly, letting him see another side of her, letting him gone crazy.

He wants to touch her, that milky white skin of her. He wanted to pat her head, caressing that silky hair of her. He wanted to kiss her forehead, smelling her scent, and whispers a good night gently to her ear. This girl is a true beauty. He pulled a chair and took a seat in front of her, waiting for his princess to wake up soon.

It was approximately 4 o’clock in the evening, an hour after classes are dismissed. Their school keeps such a strict rule about attending school on time, not only attending, but also leaving and going home early, as soon as the class is dismissed.

Knowing that one strict rule, Kim Myungsoo could figure it out right away. He does know what this situation mean. The classroom is empty; all of them may have gone home, including Nam Woohyun and Park Jiyeon. The two of them are alone. Finally, a moment for two.

By now, she usually has gone home, disappearing from his sight right away, together with the annoying Nam Woohyun and the talkative Park Jiyeon. She would be rushing home by now, being overly worried about her sister; she would be rushing to check up on her sister. She won’t come home late unless he was playing around with her. But today, she must be too tired that she fall asleep right after the class is dismissed.

Inside, he was happy. Because that way, they could have a moment for two.

He was smiling widely. His right hand was on top of his chest, feeling his own fast heartbeat. Slowly, his smile broke into an idiotic grin as he gazes blankly at her figure. He was admiring her. His idiotic grin makes him look funny, knowing the fact that he is a cruel guy with a mysterious and cold aura surrounding him all the time. But right now, he looks like a puppy falling head-over-heels. His ba-thump ba-thump unbelievably fast heartbeat took over him as he grins even wider.

He could feel it, the strong urge to embrace her. But he chooses to hold the urge back and gazes at her blankly. Well, since he is a true gentleman… or was it because he loves her? That he didn’t dare to lay a single touch on her.

He smile again, his eyes soon form a cute and perfect eye smile, capable to melt every girl heart. But of course… except her.

“Wake up… Sleeping Beauty.” He whispers softly.


Jieun started to move, snuggling closer to her desk. The sunrays started to bother her; it keeps on shining on top of her, making her feel uncomfortable. And it soon managed to wakes her up. Slowly, she flutters her eyes open as she stretches her body and yawn.

She looks around, blinking her eyes quite a few times. She looks out through the window, gazing at the sky. The school yard was almost empty, only two students left and a few guards are visible to her eyes. She sighed.

The sky has changed, from blue in the morning and light yellow in the afternoon. And now, it has turned orange-pinkish. Jieun knew she is late for home. Pil Suk must be anxiously waiting for her. Well, it’s actually Pil Suk’s fault that Jieun hasn’t been sleeping for the last few days and ended up falling asleep after school.

As she tried to straighten her back, she realizes her body was wrapped inside a jacket. She pulled it up, before it drops to the ground. It was soft and warm; it keeps her warm while she is asleep. The black color made it looks even more stylish and in the end the design was perfect.

“Having a nice dream, Sleeping Beauty?” Myungsoo’s voice cracked the peaceful silence.

Jieun was startled, when she suddenly heard his gentle and manly voice. It was actually a nice feeling, tingling inside her. It was comforting, casting away her feeling of insecurity. But slowly, she too could feel his presence. Her lip soon forms a smile as she spotted him sitting and the desk next to her.

“What are you doing here, Myungsoo? Watching me sleeping?”

“Maybe. I was picking on you. You should look at your own reflection.”

“Liar. I would wake up by a single touch. I’m not a heavy-sleeper.” Jieun replied, chuckling.

“Nah, you should get some rest. You’re too tired, Jieun.”

“Is this yours, Myungsoo?” Jieun asked.

It was something she unintentionally does. She was staring at the jacket, smiling widely like a teenage girl falling head-over-heels for a boy she just knows. She was staring and smiling more than widely, it was such a beautiful view. You could see the sincerity in her eyes, her thoughts was somewhere else. She was thinking that may be, this jacket is his.

“No, it was there when I came here.” Myungsoo answered with a cold tone.

“Then, it may be his.” Jieun suddenly speak up, bluntly.

“What do you mean by his?” Myungsoo rolled his eyes, his heart ache again.

“Nam Woohyun’s. That guy… that sweet-kind guy.” Sincerity escapes her lip.

“For God sake, Jieun! Do you only care about that guy?!” Myungsoo suddenly shouted.

Can’t she ever understand? He may be is in love with her and she never stops talking about Nam Woohyun. The worst part is… Nam Woohyun is and will always be Kim Myungsoo’s enemy. They won’t ever make up and go back to being friends. Even if she pleaded and kneel, it won’t ever happen.

“Let’s just go, Jieun. Pil Suk would need me to tutor her.” Myungsoo sighed after apologizing to Jieun. It was out of his control, the fact that he shouted.


It was another accident, something she unintentionally did. It was a pure accident, something she didn’t mean to do. However, it was an opposite feeling that crushes him to pieces. And everything drops to a suffocating silence.

It was the beginning of summer, when the sun started to shine brighter than usual. It was a rather hot and dry summer. You could see the scenery in front of you burn. The cool and wonderful breezes have long gone. It was so hot that you need to keep fanning yourself.

Another thing to remember, the global warming. The global warming that has been happening for the last… well, centuries- has caused to weather to be even hotter. It feels like dying, being under the heat. It was quite a mystery how people could live before the air conditioner was invented ages ago. Maybe, summer wasn’t this hot ages ago.

The weather and such a long reason was enough for the two to get together under an orange umbrella. The caring and attentive lady never forgets to bring an umbrella with her, especially during summer. It’s good though, because if you are daring enough to stand under the heat barely, you too might get burn. So the two walk together under the same umbrella without saying a single thing.

It was very hot and Kim Myungsoo was burning. He couldn’t think of any reason for this girl to be wearing such a jacket under such a heat. And what worse was the owner of the jacket is no other than Nam Woohyun. Oh God, his enemy for eternity. Thanks to that jacket of his, Lee Ji Eun keeps on smiling like an idiot.

“How could you know it’s his?” Myungsoo sighed in desperation, ruffling his tidy hair.

“His scent.” Jieun replied with a smile.

“Don’t you feel hot, Jieun? Just take that damn jacket off!” Myungsoo almost raises his voice and yelled at her again.

“No, Myungsoo. This will keep me from getting sunburnt.” Jieun replied calmly, feeling comfortable with Nam Woohyun’s jacket on her.

“Just take that damn jacket off! Do you only care about him? Jieun, do you love him?!” It was frustration that drove him crazy.

He was badly frustrated, that girl was walking next to him but her mind was thinking about someone else. How could he ever accept that? He was trying hard, to control his emotion, to not yell at her. But this time, he might be too desperate to control it and in the end he too accidentally yells at her.

Jieun, in the other hand was surprised. She was trying hard to enjoy the day, and also their moment. And suddenly out of nowhere he suddenly barks at her, shocking her. Why would something be so wrong about wearing a jacket? She couldn’t think of any, until suddenly Nam Woohyun’s name popped up inside her head.

“Do you even care, Myungsoo?” Jieun sighed, controlling herself from slapping him hard.

“Jieun! Take that jacket now! That’s an order or I will hurt your sister!” He threatens.

Jieun eyes widen, she never thought of him ever threatening her that way. She has had enough and if this needs to repeat again… She would not only kill him but she won’t hesistate to end her own life either. And now, she tried hard not to slap Myungsoo. Clenching her fingers tightly, forming a fist as she worked very hard not to break. Because her flashback suddenly started.

“Leave her out of this, Myungsoo! Don’t you ever lay a single hand on her!” She deepens her tone as she stopped her steps.

A suffocating silence. A tense atmosphere.

“Ji-eun… Ji-Ji-eun. I- I was just…” he groans, realizing what he had just done. “I- I’m sorry. I-I was just… it’s Nam Woohyun.” Myungsoo said, feeling sorry and guilty.

When he mentions Nam Woohyun’s name, everything turn clearer to Jieun. He was hurt because she was wearing his jacket and she seems to be happy. How could she not notice that? She has been known as the understanding and caring.

“N-No, Myungsoo. It’s okay.. I’m sorry I don’t realize it earlier.”

The question is… was enemy the reason or was it jealousy?


They arrived soon after, to Jieun’s place. Kim Myungsoo was actually expecting to see such a big mansion, castle like with many ornaments and glamour looks. But no, his expectation was too high; her place was not even fancier than his. She was the richest among them all, Myungsoo wasn’t even as rich as her but she lives in such a simple place.

She wasn’t living inside a big mansion or a house, she lives in an apartment, something he never expects. Well, it’s an elite class and was known as the best in Korea. But even Kim Myungsoo’s parents would be able to buy the whole building and he’s sure this place is hers. Everything was quite fancy but less glamour. 

“Were you expecting a big mansion, Myungsoo-ssi?” Jieun teases, she saw his eyebrows twitches.

“Well, I am. You’re the richest among them all.” Myungsoo replied without lying.

“People expect that a lot, but I am not the richest. It’s my parent money.” She laugh bitterly, confusing Kim Myungsoo.

“Should we get in?” Myungsoo tried to makes her feel better, because her bitter laugh seems to be a sad and painful one.

“Sure, Pil Suk must be waiting for me.” Jieun open the door with her looks, being extra careful.

Jiyeon and Woohyun are supposed to be coming today; however she was left behind because of falling asleep right away after class. It was something she shouldn’t worry about, since she and Myungsoo has been closed enough. She was quite sure that he won’t do anything that would hurt her and despite that fact, she too learns some Taekwondo technique from Jiyeon. She could defense herself despite her sweet and feminine appearance.

“Don’t you dare doing anything stupid, Myungsoo.” Jieun warned, strictly.

“I won’t, Jieun. Trust me.”

“You don’t know me, Myungsoo. I don’t trust people.” The words keep on echoing inside Myungsoo head. Well, it’s true, he knows nothing about her.


“Unnie! Where have you been? I was worried!” Pil Suk barging to the door, hugging her sister.

Jieun patted her back and smile. “I’m sorry. I have something to do. Sorry for not telling you.”

“Unnie… he’s…” Pil Suk eyes spotted the stranger standing beside her sister, smiling widely as his eyes form such a perfect eye smile.

“Oh, Pil Suk… Since you’re grades keeps on dropping down… I decided to pick you a new tutor.”

Pil Suk keeps on staring at him, unable to get her eyes off him. He was truly a handsome man, such a perfect prince. There is nothing about him, which was imperfect. It was hard to believe that he’s a human being rather than an angel. Everything about him was perfect, how lucky her sister is to be able to know such a man. Pil Suk was sure this guy was not only physically perfect but also a kind gentleman.

“Pil Suk, he’s….” Jieun hasn’t even finished saying her words.

Kim Myungsoo.” Pil Suk said while smiling widely.

The siblings, bounded to one man.

 

A/N

Good enough? Well, I hope so. As usual, comments are loved.