84 || Five Days Countdown

Backstage Princess

Day 1

If it wasn’t Kim Myungsoo, then dating will be something casual. He’s Kim Myungsoo after all, with brilliant ideas filling up his head. Dating Lee Ji Eun and playing some games weren’t the only things he’s good at. He’s good at making surprises, being cheesy, and extremely romantic. He’s doing an operation now, an operation to make their last 5 days, the best day ever.

It was morning, and thankfully it didn’t rain. He was being gloomy a day before, when he watch the weather forecast, saying that today it might rains heavily. But thankfully, the weather was kind enough to him. The cold breezes greets him, when he stepped outside, carrying his brown-now-turn-black guitar. He smiled, looking up; the sky was bright thanks to the sun.

His footsteps were humble, enjoying each and every step he took as he keeps humming some love song. The girls were flirting over him and he would throw them a cool smirk from time to time. Well, of course with another girl on his mind. He barely sleep the whole night, because she haunted him again, that it’s hard to close his eyes and stop thinking. They texted each other the whole night, Jieun was trying hard to make sure he would get enough rest.

He slide his right hand to his pocket, walking cooly and each time he stops, he keeps one leg bend, protecting his coolness. Yeah, it’s Kim Myungsoo for you. It was 06: 30, and Myungsoo has to fix himself for the five times. His hair, it usually turned out to be cool, but today he isn’t feeling good about it. Something is lacking. Is he cool enough or is he to cheesy? Which one will she prefer? Aigoo, his thoughts were driving him crazy again.

“Hello, good morning.” A tall charming girl approach him, she looks older.

“Good morning.” He bowed politely.

“You are so handsome, a high-school student, not so bad. May I ask for your phone number?” She bravely asked.

“Sorry, I can’t give you my phone number. I have a girlfriend already, she might get jealous.” He shows a mischievious smirk, before quickly escaping.

Then he grins like an idiot, remember his statement. Sorry, I have a girlfriend already, how cool is that? He’s very proud at the fact that he’s no longer single, that he has a girlfriend. More than that, he’s very proud to be Lee Ji Eun boyfriends. He’s very happy about it that he can’t stop smiling. Well, well, young boy, you’re a man in love.


She almost stayed up all night, thanks to Myungsoo non-stop text messages. She wakes up late this morning, and Pil Suk needs to suffer from hunger thanks to it. Her sister woke her up this morning, after many struggles to shake her petite body without hurting her. And now, she’s busy doing so many things. Well, Myungsoo might scold her if she ever comes late.

She was busy, preparing for their meal when she misheard the melody of the guitar. It was faint that she doubted it’s real. She has been dreaming lately, about him playing a song for her. She would flush red each time she remembers about the dream. Well, well, she’s a girl in love. Geez, they keep thinking about each other as if other things don’t matter anymore.

But then, the guitar sounds turn clear, in harmony with a man voice. She likes it, a lot, that she started humming. It’s Myungsoo’s voice, spinning inside her head. She flush deep at the thought, that this all her fantasy. Ah, she’s thinking a lot lately, thinking about him. It’s a relief that she was able to sleep at night, despite the excessive happiness she felt.

“Unnie! Unnie! Someone is waiting for you, outside!” Pil Suk exclaimed.

“Could you open the door for me? I’m very busy right now.”

“No! No! You have to see it for yourself.”

“Pil Sukkie, I’m preparing lunch.”

“Just come here for a second! I know you will love this!”

Giving up, she sighs and heading for the door. She peeks, too lazy to click the door open. It was another precaution as well, if an evil guy ever attempted to barge into their house. There’s no guy inside their small apartement, only girls. She won’t be able to do a thing if that does happen. Although she masters some martial arts, thanks to Jiyeon intensive training. She learnt a lot from her, the gossip queen.

She gasped, when she saw Myungsoo, with his guitar, singing a song for him. She smiled, when she saw him patiently waiting for her. It’s quite embarrassing, since he attract too much attention. But she can’t help but feel happy about it. He’s picking her up, just like how boyfriends usually do. She bet, people are going to envy her a lot. Nevermind, she’s his girlfriend after all.

INFINITE – In the Summer

“Unnie, its L-oppa! He’s singing.”

“I know.”

“Unnie, are the two of you dating? You two seem very close these days.”

Pil Suk sudden question struck her that she stutters just to answer her question. Her smile faded away, as she failed to figure out what her sister had on mind. She sighs, ready to get many scoldings and hates from her sister. She opens , but soon cut off by her sister excited words.

“You two are dating, aren’t you? You two should date! Unnie, you and L oppa should date! Or are you two dating already?” She happily cheered.

“Yeah,” the embarassed Jieun replied shyly.

“Oh, really? You should get going now.” Pil Suk pushes her sister away, asking her to go.

“But I have to…”

“I will do it!”

The excited little sister opens the door, pushing her sister away, and slammed the door closed right away. Jieun keeps whining, but she ignores it. Myungsoo smiled when he spotted her, being pushed away by her own sister. He giggled but keeps singing, strumming his guitar, attracting slightly too much attention.

“Go! Hold hands! Hugs! Kiss! I don’t care! Just date you two!” Pil Suk shouted.

“Hello, good morning.” As usual, Jieun politely greeted him.

“Good morning.”

“What was that for? A morning call?” Jieun giggled, pointing at his guitar.

“Yeah, I’m trying to wake you up, but it seems you’re early. Shall we go and grab some breakfast?”

“I’m always early. Thank you, I really like it.”

“Let’s go?”

“Sure.”

They ended up grabbing some breakfast at a coffee shop, their usual coffee shop. They usually don’t open until 8 o’clock, but today is an exception. Since its Monday, they usually open earlier than usual. People love to have their breakfast outside on Monday, especially in this coffee shop.

Myungsoo ordered her favorite coffee shop, while she suggests him to taste the Americano rather than his favorite cappuccino. They talk about many things, including Pil Suk silly acts just now. Jieun didn’t expect her to be that much happy about the two dating. She’s relief that Pil Suk loves the fact that the two are indeed dating.

“Myungsoo, you’re being messy again.” Jieun giggled.

“Why? Stop laughing at me!”

“Your coffee, it’s all over your face.”

“Really? Ah, it’s very embarrassing.”

“Let me help you.” Jieun leans forward, wiping up the coffee off his lips, and the two ended up flushing bright red.

“Tha- Tha- Thank you.”

Day 1, operation dating-jieun-for-five-days ended. They ended up going to the school together, while eating breakfast at their favorite coffee shop. One note to take: she touches him. His heart almost explodes, and so does hers.


Day 2

He decided to wake up earlier every morning, to pick up Jieun, and call her by singing a song. He had done much research lately, about new sweet songs and almost sometimes, the cheesy and old one. He spent the whole evening texting with her, telling her about things and stuff. When the nights come, she texted him a good night message and wishes him for nice dreams. He ended up sleeping soundlessly, with a huge smile over his face.

The maids were also happy, so does the butler. Myungsoo was known as a gloomy man after his sister sudden death. His parents were too busy that they’re barely at home. Thankfully, the INFINITE were there to keep him off doing stupid stuff. They have never seen him being extremely happy and seeing their master being happy as brought enough happiness upon them.

He texted Wooyoung last night, asking him about songs that Jieun loved most. It was new to him, how Jieun loves old-meaningful songs, she loves ballad. But it seems, singing a gloomy song early in the morning will only bring the atmosphere down. Maybe, something jazzy or beats will make their day better. And now he is, with his black guitar, singing infront of his door. Today, too, Pil Suk kicked her out of their apartement, telling them to do the same thing again and again; kiss hugs, hold hands, and things that lovers do.

They casually talk as usual today, but it seems they have gone closer. They spent much more time together, and even eating together. She doesn’t have enough time to make him some lunch lately, but she sure does make some snacks for him. She didn’t forget to give Sungjong his favorite lemon candy either. She has gone closer to the INFINITE and the INFINITE too, never stops teasing the new couple.

This morning, she made him some breakfast, warmly-fresh-baked bread. It tasted good, that Myungsoo wanted some more. It ended up with him, swallowing half of her bread, having indirect kiss. He badly wanted to spread it around, but ended up too shy to spread it around. You won’t believe how red he turns, when he realizes their indirect kiss.

Jieun keeps smiling the whole day, he never saw her being that much happy. Of course, she always put up a smile, a faint smile to be exact. But he never saw her being exactly happy without hiding anything. He wonders why it feels so good to watch her being happy. Geez, the INFINITE should stop teasing him about stealing Jieun because slowly he’s getting jealous.

The day ends, closed wih a pouring weather. It was quite windy and cold, Jieun was being gloomy. She stares blankly at the weather, being upset about the pouring weather. She pouted her lips, and traces the raindrop on the window with her index finger. Her lips curve downward. Myungsoo smiled, seeing how upset she is, because it’s raining.

“Jieun-ah, are you okay? You’re being upset about the weather.”

“It’s pouring. It’s not like I hated the rain, it’s just… I forget to bring my umbrella and its cold.”

“You’re being careless; I never thought you will be that much careless. Thankfully, I bring an umbrella, big enough for the two of us.”

“Let me guess, it’s black.” Jieun eyes met with his.

“No, it’s yellow, I know yellow is your favorite. I brought the yellow one.”

“Cheesy.”

“Yeah, because of you I turn cheesy. Whose fault is that?”

“You’re the best, Kim Myungsoo!” She cheered happily.

He leans forward, and she too leans forward. He wanted to pat her head, while she simply wants to say thank you but ended up with both flushing red. When they open their eyes, it was unbelievable how close their face were. They were only an inch apart, that caused them to be taken aback and flushing red. They almost kiss.


It’s been a long time, since it’s pouring. This summer was extremely dry, that rain barely comes. Jieun was feeling gloomy, since the heavy rain has yet to stops even after hours of non-stop pouring. She’s being dumb, she forgots her umbrella at home. Well, it’s actually Pil Suk’s fault. She kicked her out this morning, causing her to forget lots of things and ended up being careless.

She extends her hand, looking up at the pouring sky. Her palm soons felt cold, with raindrops on it. She sighs again; this is going to be a long day of raining. How could she go home? She haven’t seen Myungsoo ever since their lunch break, they have different schedules for the subjects. They’re in the same class, but they picked one different subject that separate the two, she chooses music and art for their extra class, while he chooses photography.

Its cold, her body shivers when the wind blows. Where is he? He promised her this morning, that he will her home. Ah, she suddenly remembers their almost kissing scene that causes her to blush all of the sudden. She hung her head low, hiding her flushing red cheek with a huge shy smile on her face. She hugs herself, bearing with the cold wind that explores every inch of her body.

“Cold?” Myungsoo suddenly appears, wrapping her with his thick jacket.

“Oh, you’re here. Thank you.” Jieun smiled sheepishly.

“Shall we get going? I brought an umbrella and its yellow, your favorite.”

“Sure, let’s get going. But you better wear this jacket of yours, I’m afraid you might catch a cold.”

“Idiot, you shouldn’t worry too much about your boyfriend. I’m a man, I will be just fine.”

“Geez, I will scold you all day long if you ever catch a cold.”

“Well, feel free to scold and visit me. I will be very happy instead of learning a lesson. And it means… you care a lot about me.”

“Of course, I care a lot about you. I won’t be scolding you if I don’t care.”

“Yeah, I know. I will listen to all your scoldings.”

“Just don’t get sick, okay? I will be very worried if you ever got sick.”

“I will take a good care of myself; just don’t neglect yourself too much.”

They ended up walking home together. Myungsoo wrapped his arms around her tiny waist, to make sure there won’t be a single drop of the rain getting her wet. He was guarding her, to make sure she will be just fine. Although the umbrella was big enough, if Myungsoo didn’t keep her close, she will get wet because of the rains. Honestly, he could have brought a bigger umbrella, but he purposely chooses the smaller one. Why? It’s because he’s smart that he won’t let this chance slide away; a chance to hug Jieun close with a reason: to make sure she won’t get wet.

However, it won’t be much fun, just to wrap his arm around her tiny waist. His playful side roses, throwing the umbrella away, causing both of them get caught in the rain. Jieun pouted, even scolds him, but soon she can’t help it either. Both of them played in the rain, chasing each other, running around the empty street. There aren’t many cars today; people are too lazy to go out once it rains. Well, that’s good, since this way, they could play longer.

They were soaked, drench in cold water. The breezes that blow sometimes caused them to shiver but soon, they would laugh after shivering. She was enjoying it, so does he. She never played in the rain before and her first experienced with Myungsoo was nice. She should have done it often or at least sooner. She can’t believe she missed something so exciting.

“I think we’re going to catch a cold.” Jieun giggled, she was soaking wet thanks to Myungsoo’s stupid act.

“Should I hug you? I will make you feel warm.”

“Cheesy.”

Day 2, operation dating-jieun-for-five-days ended successfully. They ended up going to school together and he escorts her home. They played in the rain, chasing each other playfully. He even manages to hug her close, wrapping his arm around her tiny waist, and walked together under the same yellow umbrella. This is happiness.


Day 3

It has turned out to be another casual morning, with him singing in front of her door. Different from usual, she went out by herself, without getting kicked by her sister. She called out her sister name, telling her she’s going out soon. She offers him some breakfast, which they ate on their way to school. They feed one another, much to his surprise; they did a lot of indirect kisses nowadays. She didn’t even refuse to do so, or rather she didn’t realize it.

The INFINITE greeted them, too, as usual. But Jieun has asked Myungsoo before hand, for her to be able to hang out with Woohyun and Jieun as usual. She has been very busy being Myungsoo’s girlfriend nowadays that she barely has time to hang out with her friends. Wooyoung, too, was very much neglected by her. Myungsoo said yes, although inside, he wishes for the two of them always being together. But Jieun has her own life to take care of, yes?

She cooks a lot lately, she cooks breakfast for him. She doesn’t really have the time to cook lunch, since Myungsoo always pick her up early. But then, she had decided to wake up earlier than usual, to be able to cook for him. She’s a very caring girlfriend and it’s nice having such a girlfriend. People said, they are meant to be together. They show some hinted affection nowadays, and they turned lovable.

The spreading rumors about how Jieun and Woohyun are dating, about Jieun and Wooyoung are soon to be dating, have died down. Myungsoo shared his feelings about the rumor to Jieun last night, when they texted each other and ended up falling asleep with their phone next to them. Myungsoo express his uncomfortable feelings when it spread around, and Jieun laughs at how easily he gets jealous.

“Kimchi jjigae.” Jieun appear out of nowhere, handing him a lunch box.

“Neh?” He tilted his head a bit, waking up from his deep slumber.

“Your favorite dish, kimchi jjigae. I personally made this for you.”

“Where have you been? You’ve been missing for the whole day.”

“I’m hanging out with Woohyun and Jiyeon, and also Wooyoung.”

“And you neglected your own boyfriend.”

“Geez, are you getting jealous again? I’m not neglecting you; I even woke up earlier to make your lunch.”

“You’re such a caring girlfriend. It’s nice having you as my girlfriend. Good job, Jieunnie~.”

“Are we dating? I feel like I’m baby sitting you.”

“Why? We’re dating! Who would a girl home and pick her up early in the morning if they’re not dating?”

“I’m just joking around. You’re being hot-tempered again.”

“I’m hungry, shall we get going?”

She smile and followed him from behind. He walks, leading their path way. As always, the crowd gathers around them, squealing at how perfectly they fit each other. Hara was the first one to squeal, she was the first to congratulate the two, after they make-up. She even begs for forgiveness, feeling guilty over their break up. The crowd shows much support for the two.


“Jieun-ah, aaa~” He sang sweetly.

“Why?”

“See, you’re being cold again. Meanie, Jieunnie~.” He pouted.

“Cheesy, Myungie~.”

“What? Stop calling me, Myungie~, it makes me sounded all funny, fluffy, and cute.”

“You prefer something cool?”

“Yes.” He nods, swallowing a huge spoon of the kimchi.

“Okay, then. L-ssi, you’re being cheesy.”

“Yah! Don’t call me L; you do know how much I hated that! I’m Myungsoo, just call me, Myungsoo.”

“Noona, noona! How could you make lunch for L-hyung only? I wanted some of it too!” Sungjong cut off their conversation.

“Yah! Lee Sungjong! I’m talking with her.”

“Yah! You two should get a room.” Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

“Yah! Hyung! Stop teasing us!”

“I will made some for you, Sungjongie~. I promised you, I will make it for you by tomorrow morning. Okay?”

“Yah, Jieun! How could you do that? I’m your boyfriend; I’m the only one who has the right to taste your cookings.”

“Meanie, L-hyung.” Jieun teases.

“Mehrong~.” Sungjong teases him.

“Yah! You two! Jieun-ah, aaa~.”

“Bwo?”

He suddenly stuffed with a spoon full of kimchi jjigae, causing her to have disability of talking any longer. She pouted, chewing it while throwing a death glare to him. He smiled, satisfied with his works. He continues to eat it while enjoying the rest of them, envying his delicious food. Soon, all of them brags to Jieun, asking her to cook for more.

“Jieun-ah, I’m your boyfriend, okay?” He winks, signaling her to refuse their request.

“I think he will get extremely jealous. I could get in trouble.”

“It’s fine. We will protect you from him, okay? Just cook for us.” Sunggyeol persuaded.

“I’m your childhood friend, IU-ah.”

He stuffed with another full spoon of kimchi jjigae, causing her another disability of talking. He throws a death glare to his buddies, and they laughs at how easily he gets jealous. Well, he’s a protective and possessive type, he get obsessed with things easily. Seems like Jieun has known him well enough, that she has mastered all the tricks to . She’s even better than the prankers, INFINITE.

They ended up feeding each other; Myungsoo was being cheesy and childish again. He keeps asking her to feed him and sometimes she would , feeding Sungjong rather than her own boyfriend. It was fun, that she couldn’t help but laughing crazily until her stomach hurt so much. Myungsoo was enjoying her food, something he hasn’t taste for an eternity. No restaurants could be compared to her cookings. Yeah, cheesy, he knows, he just can’t help it.

When the sun glows in radiant contrast colors of pink and orange, Myungsoo escorted her home. But rather then going straight home, the two decided to go on a short date. They went downtown, wit him, bringing his own camera. They decided to take lots of pictures, since he has mastered lots of photography skills. He just dragged her, throws her to a taxi and brought her downtown without telling her a single thing, leaving her confused with no clues at all.

They decided to grab some snacks, entering a small coffee shop, which was quite well-known. It has a glamourous feeling, rather than the cozy feeling that most of coffee shops will be dying to create. Jieun was feeling quite uncomfortable about it, but soon adjusted herself. Myungsoo asked for love-shots, a bit too quickly maybe, that she refuses to do so and ended up with both of them flushing in deep red of embarrasement.

They may have dated for two weeks, but the awkward atmosphere keeps on appearing from time to time. They may have shared lots of things to each other, conveyed their feelings, and shared a bit of their personal life and secrets. But well, they’re still nervous when it comes to being around each other. Jieun would flush red and suddenly remain silent, and Myungsoo would stutters and ended up being laughs at. Nevertheless, they remain liking the feelings, they remain liking each other more and more each day.

“Shall we take a look at some places? I know some famous places here.”

They’re not in Seoul, although downtown should have meant Seoul. They went somewhere else, near Hongdage, where young teenagers usually hang out. Jieun has never been to Hongdae before, well, she used to hang out here when she was young. But it has been years since she hangs out and grabs some lunch in Hongdae. Seems like things has changed a lot and Jieun has been missing lots of trends.

“It’s been a while since I went to Hongdae. It’s nice.”

“Let’s took pictures, shall we?”

They went to various places, with Jieun enjoying their dates. Her eyes keeps on wandering around, enjoying the sight-seeing. She couldn’t help but to peek at each and every restaurants, a few food stand, and also quite a lots of shops. She keeps pointing at some cute things, squealing at how cute they are. Oh, she’s a girl after all.

“You want to buy it?” Myungsoo asked, seeing how she can’t take her eyes off the cute pair of ear muffs.

“It’s cute, but I have lots of it at home.”

“I’ll buy it for you.”

“No, forget it. It will end up being useless, since I have too much of it.” She grabbed his wrist.

Myungsoo laughs at her cuteness, she tilted her head to the side, after thinking hard whether to buy it or not. He laughs again, knowing how naïve and mature she is. It won’t be Jieun, if she didn’t suddenly grabbed him and saying no. She’s a thoughtful person, who knows what to buy and not to buy. Well, she might be young, but she thinks like a 30-years-old.

“That’s Lee Ji Eun for me.” He patted her head.

They ended up taking pictures, at the Hello Kitty coffee. She looks very sweet there, her excited expression fits the pinky coffee perfectly. She looks pretty and fun, with friendly vibe. She looks like an excited little kid, who’s a great fan of Hello Kitty, being very excited to be able to visit the coffee shop. They took another picture together, with Myungsoo being very dorky.

The 1st Shop of Coffee Princes was her favorite. They took another picture their, it gives off a romantic vibe. She looks gorgeous there, like a princess waiting for her prince on autumn day. And when they took pictures together, as a couple, they looked perfectly fitting each other side. It was the best pictures, his favorite. She might be a mature young woman, but she, too, has a playful side. They took various funny pictures at Hongdae playground. When the night falls, the two decided to grab some ddukbokki.

“Having fun?”

“I do. Thank you for today.”

“See you tomorrow.”

“Yeah, see you.”

Day 3, operation dating-jieun-for-five-days ended! You could say it was their best date so far. He was satisfied, carrying his camera as if it’s a stack of gold. He couldn’t help smiling on his way home, remembering their date at Hongdae. And now, his camera is full of her pictures. Guess, he will spent the whole night getting crazy again, looking at her pictures as if there is no tomorrow.