85 || Wishes

Backstage Princess

Day 4

Lee Ji Eun is missing, she is missing. He wonders where have she been all this time. He didn’t even have the chance to her to school this morning, and he doubt she would appear by the time the school ends. He didn’t see her eversince the sun raises early in the morning; she did not even attend classes. He wonders if she is sick or escaping class, although it is more likely to be impossible. This young lady rarely escapes class. She is going to pay for this, once he had found her.

He actually spotted her figure this morning, looking all pale and worried. He blinks for a second, to make sure she’s isn’t a delution, yet she gone missing the moments he open his eyes. She has gone somewhere. He asked Hoya and Sungjong, who’s usually arrived early, whether Jieun attended school. One of them said yes and another one said no. Where is she? She’s not supposed to be missing.

Pil Suks said she isn’t home, that she has decided to go earlier without waiting for him. He was pissed by the fact, but decided to calm down and tried to position himself as her perspective. Well, he’s not as wise as Jieun, he can’t understand it the slightest bit- her action is. He ended up being all crancky and grumpy, that the INFINITE has started to call him Grumpy L.

It’s not only her, who has been missing since morning. Her two bestfriend, Park Jiyeon and Nam Woohyun, both of them were missing. There was no sign of them, since morning. Wooyoung, too, hasn’t been attending class lately. Hoya said it is due to his leaving soon, that he had some extra paperwork to finish. Four of them, all extra close, and all have gone missing. Lee Ji Eun, you have a lot to explain.

They texted each other the other night, Jieun said they will meet up in the morning and that she is very much looking forward to it. Yeah, yeah, that’s all a lie. Where is she right now? Should he tried searching for him? But he’s too lazy to do so, he’s going to very crancky if he ever failed to find her.

“I think she’s at the clinic.” Dongwoo whispers.

“Yeah, I saw her. She’s there, together with Woohyun. The two of them alone.” Sunggyu whispers, with teasing tone.

“Yeah, yeah… They’re holding hands, Jieun can’t stop smiling,” Sungyeol added, giving eye signal to others.

“Mmmm, that’s true. They’re being extra close.” Hoya mumbled.

“Ahh, someone is burning right now. What should we do?” Dongwoo joined the teasing.

They could see how Myungsoo face slowly turned bright red in anger. He rolled his eyes, shotting dagger to Woohyun’s empty desk. He was burning in anger, thanks to INFINITE non-stop pranks, that managed to fool him. Well, he’s surprising after all, he got too obsessed once he fell to in love. He could turned to one kind of a scary oppa fans. Yeah, that’s Kim Myungsoo in love for you.

“You know, L… They’re being all touchy.” The pranksters continued.

“Yah, I know you’re all trying to make me jealous. Sorry, but you all failed! Failed! Failed!” Myungsoo yelled.

“Opps, we got caught. But you know, it’s the truth and we do know you’re jealous. Your fist, are you going to punch someone?” Sungyeol whispers.

“Forget it!” Myungsoo replied, stand up, and took his leaves.

“He’s going to check them out.” Sungjong giggled.

“Yeah, we know.”

Myungsoo could never describe how angry and jealous he is, when he saw Jieun, truly being inside the room alone, with Woohyun only. Woohyun was hopelessly lying on the bed, and Jieun was giving him an intensive care, treating whatever he’s been suffering from. It seems, the room was truly empty, their lazy nurse must have gone somewhere and Jiyeon might be searching for some extra gossips.

He was sneaking around; to make sure she won’t be able to feel his presence. He can’t get a clear view of Woohyun, since that boy has his arm over his face. Jieun was busy, treating him. Myungsoo could see traces of blood, on the tissue, cotton. The water too, has turned red.

Myungsoo smile, seeing how caring she is. He remembered how she used to treat him, when he was having a fever. Well, it was surprising at first, how she suddenly come to visit him after their big fight. His smile grows wider, as their memories started to go back and forth, reminiscing the old days.

“Yah!” Jieun screams when she suddenly felt a pair of arms around her waist, lifting her up, and spins her petite body around.

“You’re a very bad girlfriend, Jieun. Where have you been since morning? You’re cheating with this guy?” Myungsoo asked, after putting her down. She was shutting both eyes closed.

“Myungsoo, don’t ever surprise me like that! I almost got a heart attack because of you! And I almost prick myself with this stuff.”

“Oops, sorry. Seeing you being very attentive were cute, you seems all huggable.”

“Geez. I’m sorry I haven’t seen you since morning, but please understand. I have some things to do.”

“Cheating with him?”

“Myungsoo!” she lighly punches his arm, “I have to take care of him. He’s injured, don’t you see?”

“Yah, get a room, you two!” Jiyeon, who appears out of nowhere, yelled.

“Jiyeonnie~, do you get the medicine?” Jieun asked.

“Yeah, this. You should go with him, I will treat him.” Jiyeon offers.

“If I left, the two of you will start fighting childishly.”

“And if you stay, this guy will cling to you, it’s disgusting.”

“No, I will not let him stay either. This two might start fighting again.”

“Meanie, Jieun. I will stay; I will be a good boy, okay? What happen to him anyway?”

“He’s… involved in a fight. He gets beaten up, this morning, by the school front door.” Jieun sigh, upset.

“A person like him get beaten up? You must be kidding.” Myungsoo laughs.

“Watch your mouth!” Jieun yelled at him, punching his chest lightly.

“Sorry.”

“I will have to take care of him.”

“I will help you then.”

“Just watch your mouth and action. I will scold you if you two ever fights.”

“Understood.”

“And Woohyun, you should be careful. Could you ever stop fighting?”


“You’re making me escorting him home rather than escorting you home.” Myungsoo pouted.

“But we went there together. Stop pouting and whining, Myungsoo.”

“Well, at least I have some time to spend with you.”

“Cheesy, you’re being Woohyun nowadays.”

“He’s greasy, I’m handsome and chessy. I’m better.”

“Really? I think I prefer Woohyun.”

“Yah! Lee Ji Eun!”

“Calm down, Myungsoo. I’m just joking around, please don’t be mad.”

“You’re hanging out too much with my friends. You are going to be another prankster soon.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Shall we go somewhere? I wanted to grab some snacks and play around.”

He didn’t even wait for her to say yes. He suddenly grabbed her arm and dragged her all the way to the coffee shop. It’s Thursday, usually they have some accousitic performance and some interesting performances. Couples usually enjoy their dates in the evening and if they come late, they might have to wait for another week- which means, Jieun may have left.

He pulled the chair for her, followed by a polite hand gesture, letting her sit comfortable before running across the table to sit at the opposite side of it. He clapped his hand, calling for the waitress and ordered some drinks. As usual, it will always be Jieun’s favorite hot chocolate and his favorite Cappucino. The Americano Jieun’s adviced a few days ago wasn’t bad at all, but he likes Cappucino better.

“Like it?” He smiled, sipping the coffee while enjoying the music.

“It’s nice. I rarely visit this place on Thursday. I’m usually too busy to do anything on Thursday.”

“Really? You always look very carefree.”

“I’ve to go downtown on Thursday, shopping and daily necesities.”

“Should I you home or should we go downtown after this?”

“Just me home, I’m too tired to do anymore activities.”

“Rest well, Jieun. I don’t want you to get sick.”

“Stop staying up late, Myungsoo. I know you’ve been staying up late night all day.”

“Nice observation.” He smiled, patting her head and twirls a strand of her almond brown hair with his index finger.

“He’s a good singer.” Jieun complimented the man with the guitar, whose entertaining the audiences.

“Too bad we’re going to replace him!” Myungsoo smirk, dragging her.

“Myung – Myungsoo?!”

“Let’s sing, Jieunnie~!” He grins.

“What? No, no. I don’t want to.” Jieun refuses.

Despite her struggle, he was being nonchalant. He ignored her at all costs, leaving her blabbering and pouting cutely. She pulled herself, trying to struggle free from his strong grip but failed. He was talking to the shop manager, talking about things that are rather obvious. He was bargaining, how they will be replacing the singer while he’s taking a break. Jieun eyes widen, and she keeps punching his back lightly, but suddenly being sealed away by his hugs.

“I told you I hate skinship.” She whispers in low tone, embarrassed at the attention they received.

“I told you I hate being hit.”

“Let me go.”

“No, you’re warm. I’m feeling cold right now.”

“It’s embarrassing.”

“I know.”

“Geez, you’re being cheesy again.”

“Shhh… shut up.”

He soon let go of her. She stood in embarrasement with her face blushing. She looked cute, with those pinkish cheek that naturally appear thanks to her shy personality. She looked down, biting her lips, feeling nervous and embarrassed. Her heart almost explodes just now- when he suddenly decided to hugs her in public. She wanted to resist, but failed, because inside, she liked it too.

He continued to talk, to the manager, before the two finally nods and he smiled in satisfaction. He took a glance to Jieun, who was still trying hard to composed herself. He dragged her again, while carrying his black guitar. She was relieved when the two stops talking, but soon changes when she realizes that he was dragging her to the stage- where the singer performs.

“We’re going to sing. Let’s do a duet, Jieunnie~. You do know that I love your voice.”

“Bu- Bu- But… I- I can’t…”

“No, but. Let’s just pick random song and sing it now.”

“Myung- Myungsoo… I- I.”

“No more buts, Jieun. Do you want me to seal that mouth of yours with a kiss?”

Jieun flushed deep red, when she heard the word kiss. Well, she won’t be able to resist a kiss or hugs, as much as she hated it. However, she has vows, not to kiss anyone until she’s married. Geez, how old-fashioned and timid, but that’s Lee Ji Eun. Knowing how timid she is, Myungsoo has decided to with the word kiss. And it seems, he’s quite successful, seeing how she suddenly shut and blushed.

“Don’t be nervous, just enjoy it.” Myungsoo smiled, handing her another guitar and a piece of paper.

She sighs, eyeing him who has already shutted his eyes closed to enjoy the musical instruments mesmerizing voice. She strums the guitar nervously, her fingers was quite shaky that the instrument produces such an annoying sound. She was taken back at first, but seeing how Myungsoo keeping calm and even smiling when he heard her mistakes, she feels safe.

It feels the air, the melodious voice of the guitar. The feelings was overwhelming, she closed her eyes, trying to feel the instense yet light feeling, living inside the melody. She could feel it, a picture of a peaceful autumn day, where everything seems so pretty. She suddenly could feel the ba-thump ba-thump feeling, fueling inside her. She could feel the romance of autumn day, the light-romance, and the tingling feelings. It feels like fairy tale, yet suddenly come to real life, and it seems she was able to grasp it. Yeah, she was able to, because the feelings were real, her feelings to him.

♪ IU ft. Yonghwa – Lucky (Jazon Mraz Cover)

He started to sang, his quite deep voice, echoing inside her ear. It was nice, he might not be the best singer in the world, but she likes his voice the most. It feels comforting and it’s warm. Jieun flutter her eyes open, looking at his perfect figure. She thinks she started to understand, her reason for falling head over heels for this man. The man who brought so much pain upon her, yet he’s the man who has lite up the overwhelming feeling inside her- a feeling called love.

He looked mesmerizing, his perfectly sculpted appearance, maybe it was the first thing that made Jieun falls head over heels for this man. People said never judge one’s by their appearance, but she’s a human being, she’s a woman, it’s unavoidable how she will fell from someone, firstly by appearance. Second, it might be his gentle touch, his playfull attitude, and his heart. He has it, that gentle heart, that warm heart, hidden beneath his cold and arrogant appearance.

He opens his eyes, replying Jieun’s gaze on her. He sunk himself deep inside her brown orbs, while smiling widely. Ah, it brings back memories of their first date after their biggest fight- when he suddenly comes to her house, when they decide to do a duet. When they sing for each other, the memory comes back to life. The way she gazes at him has changed, it was lovely and warm. The way he gazes at her has changed, it was warm, kind, gentle. It feels safe, to sink herself deep beneath those very eyes.

Boy I hear you in my dreams

I feel your whisper across the sea

I keep you with me in my heart

You make it easier when life gets hard

 

She sang nervously, her melodious tone of voice was barely heard. Myungsoo smiled, sinking himself deeper beneath her brown orbs. She felt extremely nervous; the ba-thump ba-thump feeling was undescribeable. She feels nervous, singing infront of the boy she loved. But at the same time, his gaze, his smile was encouraging her. She feels nervous but safe. She smiled back, singing the lyrics splendidly.

The song ended, faster than expected. It feels nice; she wanted to go back again. It brings back memories, old-valuable memories that have been living inside her heart, encouraging her to keep moving forwards. The songs- the songs they sang together- she pours her heart to it. She likes it, their gaze that keeps sinking deep inside each others orbs, make it feels nice and safe. She feels safe and sound, knowing he’s with her. She’s in love.

The melodious tone of the guitar soon stops, but the two can’t take their eyes off each other. His gentle black orbs met against her warm brown orbs. Their lips soon break into a smile, satisfied at the results. The others couple stares at them, with loving eyes of admiration and soon clapped. They broke into a smile, together with the lovebird who can’t help but stares deeper at each other. The audiences clapped, feeling the romance in the air that the two creates.

“Lee Ji Eun, I love you.” He smiles, staring deeper at her while confessing in public.

Jieun smile, it was embarrassing but it made her happy. She hates how it attract so much attention, yet slowly become very proud about it. She could brag to everyone, how sweet and romantic her boyfriend is, how caring and gentle he is. She could brag, to everyone, bragging them until they envy her. She feels like bragging, feeling very proud of having such a boyfriend. She likes him, she loves him. She’s up in the cloud.

He never expresses himself well, honestly. But today, he suddenly wanted to convey his feelings to her. Suddenly, out of the blue, he wanted her to know that he loves her. She might have known that, since he had said it a week ago, but he just wanted to make sure she won’t forget about it. He hates being cheesy, yet he suddenly turned cheesy when it comes to her. He wants to act cool in front of her, but can’t. He’s being himself and he feels nervous yet comfortable around her.

It’s a miracle, how their hearts didn’t explode after doing the duet. The feelings was intense, the romance of a romantic autumn season, the romance that lives inside their heart. It was very intense; they could feel it, each other loves. How much she loves him, he suddenly knows just by sinking himself deep inside her warm orbs. How much he loves her, she suddenly knows just by listening to his voice- how he sang the song for her, how he confessed. The romance, it makes their heart go crazy, the ba-thump ba-thump feeling suddenly accelerated that their heart almost explodes; their smiles that make them blushing red. Everything about them suddenly turns romantic.


“It was one great performance!” Myungsoo stretched his arm wide, exiting the café.

“I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you, Myungsoo-ah.”

“You have a very beautiful voice, Jieun. You should call me at night, singing me lullaby, so I can sleep tight.”

“There you go again, being cheesy.”

“I know you love it, or do you prefer the cool me?”

“No, I prefer you, just you.” Jieun blushed deep red.

“You’re also being cheesy. Guess, we fit each other a lot.”

“I guess so. And just now… I really enjoy your voice, your singing.” Jieun smile, their eyes met once again.

“Should I sing you lullaby every night? We never call each other before, we always text. My thumb will start hurting if it continues.”

They continued to walk, teasing each other around. They were fitting each other side perfectly, without any flaw. The young lady keeps smiling and the young man who can’t help but feel mesmerized by the flawless young lady. They walked and rather than keeping their distance, they were only an inch apart. Sometimes, things will get touchy, despite the fact that Jieun hates being touched.

“Ah, it’s perfect.” Myungsoo smiled, tugging strands of her hair behind her ear.

“Perfect?” Jieun eyebrows twitched, with wrinkle on her forehead.

“You look pretty. I guess I do have a good taste.” Myungsoo complimented himself.

“Excuse me?”

He had just stolen something from the shops, near the streets. They has just passed by it, just now, the famous flowers shop. It offers various pretty flowers, which girl would definitely love. In any season, the flowers would just bloom beautifully, with it’s natural charm. He had stolen something in one swift movement, stealing a single flower of Red Camelia. He sneakily tucked it behind her ears, and who knows it would fit her perfectly. He smiled, satisfied. She was very charming.

“Do you know what Red Camelia means?” Myungsoo asked, he bend his back to adjust their height difference.

“I do.”

“Then what is it?”

“Love,” she smiled, punching his chest lightly.

“Just like how I fell for you, I fell for this flower, I fell for this love.”

“I love you,” she suddenly confessed.

“I love you, too.”

They continued to walk, happily. Their finger brushed from time to time, flicking the friction of love. He soon grabs her hand, intertwining their fingers. Rather than refusing to do so or struggling around, Jieun just hold his hand tighter. A shy smile appears across their face. The sun glows in radiant colors of pink, giving a new chapter of life to the lovers.

Day 4, a day to remember.