29

Backstage Princess

 

Jieun was busy, walking back and forth in front of the doctor office, unable to decide whether to go in or not. She has just visited Pil Suk, she looks fine. Pil Suk is still laying still, in a coma state. Although Pil Suk has yet to woken up, Jieun is happy hearing the news that she is stable. That way, she should be able to wake up soon. The only thing that is worrying her is the doctor next statement.  

“Ms. Lee? You have come.”

“Oh, hello Dr.Kim.” Jieun bowed after greeting doctor.

“Let’s come in and talk about your sister current condition.” The doctor invited as he goes inside his office.

Jieun could smell the scent of medicine and alcohol inside his room. He’s a doctor after all, he’s job is to heal every single person in the world. Letting them feel a lot better by giving them medicine and stuff. Jieun really appreciates doctors, never once she doubted or looks down on them. Doctors are one of the jobs Jieun respect the most.

“We are happy to know your sister current condition. However, Ms. Lee.” The doctor sit on his chair, spins around, searching for a yellow-colored documents.

“We are quite unsure about her condition. It is true, however, that she is stable.” The doctor handed out the document.

“Usually, when a patient recover that fast, they would wake up soon. However, in your case, the patient shows no sign of regaining consciousness.”

“Why would it happen, Dr. Kim? My sister doesn’t have any genetic disease or injury.”

“She might not be suffering any disease. Do you know what happen to her before she committed a suicide? In some cases, patient didn’t wake up because they’re in a state of trauma.”

Jieun couldn’t bear to bring herself back, back to the day when the incident occurs. She has been running away from the incident, trying her best to forget it. But she knew, too well, the reason why Pil Suk hasn’t woken up yet. The day when everything was ruined.

Jieun could remember everything clearly-crystal clear. She was there, the whole time. She was there, when the incident happens. She was there, yet she couldn’t do a single thing right. She did nothing to protect her. She let her get hurts, suffers. She lets Pil Suk suffers on her own, hurting so badly inside. Yet she has done nothing to prevent it. Nothing!

It’s all her fault, her fault for being weak and useless. If she is much stronger and braver, Pil Suk wouldn’t have been laying there, in the hospital bed for the last one month. Pil Suk won’t get depressed, she won’t commit a suicide. It’s all Jieun’s fault, her fault, her own fault.

No, it’s more likely, Kim Myungsoo’s fault.


“Ms. Lee.” Mrs. Jung voice echoed.

“Mrs. Jung. Could you give us some time?” Jieun requested.

As Mrs. Jung left, Jieun took a seat next to Pil Suk’s bed. Pil Suk seems so calm and in peace. The doctor has stated it, her true condition. She has shown no sign of waking up soon. The doctor has asked Jieun to talk to Pil Suk, about her problem, if it’s possible. At the least, to be able to drag her out from her problem, to let her regain consciousness.

“Pil Sukkie~, why haven’t you woken up yet? You know that unnie miss you right?” Jieun started.

She shows no movement at all. Jieun was about to be a lot more naïve, thinking Pil Suk is listening very carefully to every single word she said. Although the doctor said the patient could listen and feels, Jieun wasn’t very much sure.

“Unnie miss you a lot. Wake up soon, okay?” Jieun continued.

“Unnie know it’s depressing. Unnie know you’re hurting, but please don’t leave me. I would be lonely without you.”

Jieun swallowed her tears. There are so much thing to talk about, there are so much thing that Pil Suk needs to know. Gently, she holds her hand, its cold.

“Stop running away, Pil Suk. It’s okay to wake up. Everything is fine now; no one is going to hurt you anymore.”

Her eyes are shut closely, her body is laying lifelessly. She didn’t move, she didn’t talk.

It’s all Kim Myungsoo’s fault.

 

A/N

Hello, everyone! I'm very thankful for all your comments and support! Thank you for those who have been reading this and enjoying them. This chapter is quite an angst, sorry. And sorry it's short. This story will have some quite of an unexpected twist, or I hope so. Anyway, here is chapter 29, we have a long way to go. Please continue to read and leave me some comments, even critics are fine (but please don't be rude). Don't forget to subscribe! Love you all! Finally, another THANKS to all of you!

 

I actually have another stories that I personally have been writing, but it didn't get enough attention, or so I think. It's something very personal and touching even to me, the writer. I love angst very much and intense story, it fits me the most. That is why I have decided to write one. For those who loves angst, please read this story. I think this is the best story that I have ever write! Kekeke.. 

PAINTED FATE

When the past haunt you, there is no way to run.

A MYUNGU fanfiction. 

 

And for those who have read it, thank you very much!