62

Backstage Princess

It happens, the fact that the two has grown apart. It was scary at first, having an awkward greetings and being shy just by looking at each other eye. Jieun has started to ignore him eversince Pil Suk confess, although Myungsoo could understand her act, he was hurt. It would be insane, for the siblings loving the same guy. It would totally be crazy. He knows Jieun would like to avoid that.

It has been three days after Pil Suk’s confession and Jieun no longer wants to go home with Myungsoo. She explained her reason to Myungsoo, and it was logically true. Pil Suk will only get hurt if she sees her sister and her crush walking home together and being all lovey-dovey and superbly close. It will be harmful to her.

Woohyun was the only one who knows that Pil Suk has confessed and Jiyeon has put quite a suspicion to the two relationships. It was surprising how Pil Suk manage to gather her courage to confess. Jieun herself was in a dilemma for the last few days, unable to figure out about what to do. Everything feels wrong to her.

Pil Suk has been crying for days, after being rejected by her crush. Jieun was torn apart, seeing how her sister keeps on sobbing and hiding all the pain. But she won’t start to blame Myungsoo for rejecting her sister. As she had said before, she prefers those who rejects rather than pitied. The only thing Jieun was scared about was what her sister would do if she failed to bear with the pain. Suicide… Jieun has had enough of them.

“How is she doing, Jieun?” Woohyun whispers, right after Jiyeon went out.

“She is… better. She cries again last night but not for long.”

“Did you blame him? You two have been avoiding each other.”

“You know my preference in man, Woohyun. It’s impossible for me to not avoid him after all of this happens. What would Pil Suk thinks?”

“Well, I’m trying to become a man of your preference.”

“I think I’m lost Woohyun.”

“Nah, relax. You will be fine, soon. I promise, okay?”

“Thank you.” She smiles to him, giving him a heart-warming smile.

“Hey, Jieun… want to go on a date?”

“Wo- Woohyun, you know I have a boyfriend.”

“A fake one Jieun. How about we go on a date if I won the upcoming tournament?”

“I think I would regret saying no to you.”

“Well, then. I will win for sure.”

“Neh, fighting!”


It was noon, Jieun was exhausted because of those extra classes she takes. It wasn’t anything necessary, but Woohyun and Jiyeon both has to take the extra classes. In the end, she takes them too after much persuation. She was having bad feelings eversince the sun rise in the morning. A very bad feeling about her sister and it keeps on bugging her.

Trying to shove it off, Jieun went out to get some fresh air. She has been thinking about something else, something that could fix her relationship with Myungsoo and also with her sister. However, before she could even find the answer, it was another trapped that manages to trap her again. Trap build by those envious fangirls.

“Woah, you really need to becareful, Jieun. It’s really scary!” It was Myungsoo’s voice; his arm was grabbing her waist, pulling her.

Jieun blinks her eyes, looking at Myungsoo before her gaze wander around. She almost got drenched in water, and again its Suzy’s doing. They need to breakup soon, truly need to break up soon. However, she hates it. She doesn’t really know why, but she wants to stick around with Myungsoo a little longer.

“Myungsoo-ssi, thank you.” Jieun shove his arm off her waist.

“You have been avoiding me, Jieun. Could you just watch the practice?”

“I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can.”

“Let’s skip class and talk, deal?”

“Woah, I have to look over Woohyun. You know how careless he is.”

“Pick one, your boyfriend or Nam Woohyun.”

“Nam Woohyun!” Jieun said playfully, flicking his forehead.

“You really are a meanie! I will cry all night because of you!”

“Nah, I’m just joking. I don’t want to skip classes, so please make it quick.”

“Deal!”


Myungsoo handed Jieun a cup of ice coffee, although he knows Jieun hates coffee. They sat next to each other at the backyard. It’s been a while since they have sometimes alone and it feels very awkward. Jieun forgots what she was supposed to say and Myungsoo was confused on how to act.

“So… Jieun, I have talked to Pil Suk this morning, on our way to school.” Myungsoo started off.

“You know, she has been crying for days after you rejected her. I don’t blame you though.”

“I know and I’m sorry for causing all the trouble.”

“It’s okay. I wasn’t able to stop her either.”

“I would like you to beware, Jieun.”

“Beware of what exactly? I don’t think I would need to be extracareful, except towards your fangirl.”

“Of your sister, Jieun. She has a split personality.”

“How could you say that, Myungsoo? She was hurt because of you! How could you say such a thing?” Jieun was furious, but soon her gaze met Myungsoo’s.

“You… are serious?”

“I am.”

“How?”

“Just please believes me. I’m having another practice today, I’m begging you to please watch it.”


“Unnie! Unnie!” It was voices that startled her before going back to class.

“Oh, good afternoon.” Jieun was shocked to see her sister friends, but soon manages to gather her thoughts.

“Unnie, is Pil Suk sick? She didn’t come to school today.”

“What? I thought she went early this morning.” Jieun was worried, very worried.

“We didn’t see her eversince morning. We think she is sick or maybe skip classes but we can’t find her.”

Unnie, I don’t want to go to school today. I can’t face L-oppa!

Pil Suk’s word suddenly echoed on her mind, giving a slight peace to hear heart.

“I think she is at home, I will check on her and inform you soon. Thank you.” Jieun said politely and dash to her class.


“Woohyun… She’s missing.”

It was barely eight when Jieun called him. He was having a nice warm bath when his phone suddenly ring and vibrated crazily. He curses a couple of time, before finally regretting it. Jieun called and he receives dozens of texts from Jiyeon. Then, he realizes something bad must have happen.

“Jieun, what’s wrong?”

“She’s missing, Woohyun. Pil Suk is missing! I can’t find her.” She was crying so badly that it’s almost impossible to understand her words.

“It can’t be, Jieun! Where was the last time you saw her?”

“T- This morning. At home.”

“Jieun, where are you? Calm down and I will come!”

“I… I don’t know.”

“Are you outside?”

“I… I don’t know.” Her sobbing turn clearer as time passes by. She must be scared and confuse.

“Jieun, calm down. Are you outside?”

“Yes, but I don’t know where I am.”

“Any shops?”

“The mini market, I could see the mini market and the coffee shop.”

“Wait for me, I will come!”

Woohyun hang up and he peeks outside through the window. It was rainy, thankfully it was not heavy. However, he could guess how long Jieun has been outside. Two or maybe more and the rain hasn’t stopped ever since the sun set down. She must be soaking wet by now. Where the hell has Pil Suk gone to?

Pil Suk… she’s missing.