33

Backstage Princess

 

Jieun rushed to the hospital, as soon as she received the call. Pil Suk, her sister has finally woken up. She took a taxi, rushing directly from the school. Woohyun and Jiyeon followed her; they’re worried over her current condition. She barely walks, stumbling on her own steps multiple times. Right now, she’s running. It’s unknown how could she get such a strength.

Inside Pil Suk’s room, the doctors and nurses are checking on her. They looks relieves, unlike the last time they met. She has woken up and Jieun is very happy to hear that. She is so happy that her tears could roll down anytime soon. She has finally woken up, after waiting for such a long time. Nothing could be better than this.

“Ms. Lee.” Mrs. Jung called.                                                         

Jieun almost ignore her, entering the room with all her might. But she has manner and she is a polite lady. She restrains herself and bowed to the older lady, giving her a sincere smile.

“Mrs. Jung. How is she?”

“Ms. Lee. What happen to you? You look horrible!” Mrs. Jung raises her voice.

“I am fine, Mrs. Jung. I want to talk to Pil Suk.”

Jieun rushed inside, followed by Woohyun and Jiyeon. Pil Suk was still laying there, on the hospital bed. She looks weak and pale, but conscious. That is all Jieun need to see and confirm. She is awake and she is going to be okay. Jieun only need to know that.

“Ms. Lee.” The doctor greeted her.

“Dr. Kim.” Jieun bowed while smiling.

“Oh, Ms. Lee. You look horrible, are you okay?”

“I am fine, Dr. Kim. Thank you. How is my sister?”

“I am glad she is okay, Ms. Lee. In three days, she would able to go home. Let her rest more for a week, before resuming her activities. It would be the best for her current condition.”

“Thank you, Dr. Kim.”

“It’s my pleasure, Ms. Lee.”

Jieun walked toward her sister, who seems to be in a daze. Well, she has been sleeping for the last two month. She passed many weeks and many things. She might be tired from too much sleeping. But at least, she is awake right now. A few more rest and she will be just fine. Jieun couldn’t help but smile. It feels like someone has just lift up her burden.

“Ms. Lee.” Mrs. Jung tried to interfere again, standing between the two siblings.

“Yes, Mrs. Jung. Is anything wrong?”

“No, Ms. Lee. It’s just…”

“Mrs. Jung, could we talk later? I want to talk to her first.” Jieun explain politely.

“Ms. Lee.” Mrs. Jung called again but was ignored by Jieun.

Jieun walk closer to her sister, standing next to her bed. To her surprise, Pil Suk turn her back against her. She avoids her with all her might. She doesn’t want to look at her or talk to her. However, Jieun once again tried to be naïve and choose to persuade her.

“Pil Suk-ah, how are you feeling?” She asked softly, hoping Pil Suk would answer it.

But no, she hopes too much. Pil Suk ignores her. She stands there, just like a neglected child.

“Pil Suk-ah, unnie is so happy that you finally wake up. Get lots of rest and recover soon, okay?” She said gently, caressing her hair.

No answer again.

“PilSukkie~, unnie miss you a lot. Don’t ever leave me again, promise?”

Again, no answer.Jieun clenched her hands, forming a fist. She tried hard to control herself, from crying in front of her sister. She tried hard to look strong.

“Ms. Lee.” Mrs. Jung called again, from a distance.

“Go away! I don’t want to talk to you! Go away! Just go away! Disappear!” Pil Suk suddenly shouted.

“P- Pil Suk-ah.”Jieun stutter as her legs weaken. Her chest feels heavy and she feels like crying.

“Go away! Go away! Stop bothering me!” Pil Suk yelled.

Jieun fall on her knee, stuttering as she tried to call her dearest sister name.Jiyeon tried hard to stop her and Woohyun tried to drag her away. She seems pitiful, it’s like fate has turn its back against her.

“She… she doesn’t want to talk to me.” She said, almost crying.

Jieun touches her head; she touches her lip, trying to figure out what has happen. Why won’t she talk to her? Has Pil Suk hated her? It’s her fault after all, it’s her fault that Pil Suk has become like this. She looks at Jiyeon and then to Woohyun, they avoided her gaze.

“Is anything wrong with me? Why won’t she talk to me?”

“Jieun-ah, you need to calm down.” Jiyeon said, sitting right next to her.

“Jiyeon, she just… she hated me.” 

“No, Jieun. She does not hate you, she never hate you.”

“Ms. Lee.” Mrs. Jung called again, “could we talk?”

“Mrs. Jung, could it wait?”

“It’s regarding your sister.”

“Pil Suk? What has happen to her?”

“Ms. Lee, you have to give her some time. She has just woken up. She needs time to think, to face her fear. Get some rest, Ms. Lee. Sleep and take care of yourself. Give her and yourself time. And then came back and talk to her.”

“Mrs. Jung. Has she hated me?” She suddenly asked, spilling out every single question that has been bothering her mind.

“She can’t. She could never hate you. Give her time, Jieun-ah.” Mrs. Jung said and walk away, after calling Jieun’s name sweetly.

“I will take care of her, Ms. Lee. You don’t have to be worried.” Mrs. Jung continued.


“Jiyeon-ah, she doesn’t even want to talk to me.” Jieun keeps on saying it ever since they arrived home.

Jiyeon sighed, sitting beside her friend. She keeps on patting Jieun’s back, trying to calm her down. That is the least that she could do for her. Jiyeon has no choice but to admit that she does pity Jieun. Jieun hates to be pitied, yet lately she looks pitiful.

It’s raining outside, the hot weather has turned rather cold. The wind blew, shaking the trees outside. Jieun wrapped herself inside a blanket, looking vulnerable. Jiyeon could only sit there, patting her back. Jieun need to let it go, letting all her tears falls.

“Jieun-ah, you need to give her some more time.”

“What if she still doesn’t want to talk to me?”

“Get some rest, Jieun. If Pil Suk sees you, she might break down again.”

“Jiyeon-ah.”

Jiyeon held her shoulder tight so she won’t crumble. Honestly, Jieun is very vulnerable. She could break and crumble; she could be shattering on the ground. She could even kill herself, just like what Pil Suk did.
 

“Jieun-ah, spill it out!” Jiyeon yelled, roughly, like a captain commander. She hugs her tightly.

And finally she cries. Lee Ji Eun cries, letting all her tears rolling down her cheek. Letting it all go.

 

 

A/N

A double updates! Pil Suk finally wakes up! And I have an announcement to makes. This story is going to be weekly updated! No longer this much frequent updates since I have school to attend to. Comments and subscribe! Thank you!