55

Backstage Princess

 

It was morning; the sun rises from beneath the ocean. A refreshing morning as the wind blows gently, the palm trees dances, adding another beauty to the morning. Her natural alarm rings, waking her up while the sky was still dark. It was still bluish, as the sun hasn’t fully shown up yet. She wrapped herself with a thin fabric, covering her fair skin as she walked out of the room.

She felt the beach right away, the smell of ocean, the wind of the beach, the beautiful morning. Her body aches a bit, asking for more rest. However, her brain has been activated; laying on the bed will only bored her. She stretched her arm, letting the wind touch her skin as her body shivers at the coldness.

Last night was fun, spending time with Hoya and Woohyun, not to forget Jiyeon. It’s just something has been bothering her mind, for almost the whole night. Well, you could put an exception for Suzy. Jieun is used to something like that; it’s not her first time. It was Kim Myungsoo, that cruel man that has been bothering her peaceful mind.

She can’t forget it, until the memories haunt her down to her peaceful sleep. She can’t forget his touch, his forceful grip. She took a glance at her fair white wrist, it has no scars at all, yet she can still feel his forceful grip on her. Not only has his touch, his eyes managed to shake her heart. It was a gentle gaze, despite the dark orbs he has. He was pleading, begging for her forgiveness. It was something that comes from the hearts; it is not a simple lie.

But this time, she was scared to be naïve. She was scared to be hurt again by him, just like the last time. She was scared he is going to betray her again. She has had enough, of his fake promises, of his fake feelings. They’re dating, ‘fakely’ dating, yet something like this happen. She knows, sooner or later questions will start to pop up after the vacations end.

As a new love birds, they’re supposed to act like a romantic lover. They should have spent much more time together, being cheesy and all mushy, something Jieun hates the most. However, they have done nothing but to avoid each other. They walked pass each other as if they are strangers. Jieun was aware, that soon people will start questioning their relationship.

“Thinking about something?” A man voice, coming from her back.

“Oh, Woohyun.” Jieun whispers as she could smell his scent and felt his presence creeping up to her small petite body.

He leans closer, as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. He pulled her close, resting his chin on her shoulder and close his eyes shut. Her warm body soon warmth him, casting away all the coldness he felt. Soon, he put another arm, wrapping it around her waist. He pulled her even closer, closing the small distance between the two.

“You wakes up very early, Jieun. Don’t you feel tired?” Woohyun asked, still hugging her.

“I always wakes up early, Woohyun. I was surprised that someone like you could wakes up so early in the morning.” Jieun struggles inside his hug.

“Don’t move, Jieun. It’s nice.”

“This is embarrassing, Woohyun.”

“There’s no one here. Just stay there, stay calm and let me hugs you. You slap me quite hard yesterday.”

“I have no choice Woohyun. You stole a kiss from me, I won’t let you off that easily.”

“You’re not okay with skin ship and kisses, yet you’re okay with this.”

“Mmm.” She mumbled, she smiles from ear to ear. “You’re warm, Woohyun.”

“Lame excuses, Jieun. Maybe, you’re in love with me.”

“Not in your wildest dream, Woohyun.”

“Nah, I’m just joking. Wanna eat something? I know a good one.”


Kim Myungsoo has just opened his eyes wide, and inhales a deep breath of the fresh air. He stretched his arm. Last night wasn’t something good. It disappoints him the most, how she rejected him right away. He has been thinking hard, about what to do, so she could forgive him. Yet he has found no solution at all.

He looks around, everything seems so pretty. It’s romantic, just like in movies. He looks around, enjoying the beauty. He should have taken his camera with him, instead of leaving it inside his room. He needs to capture much pictures, everything was so pretty that it captivates him. He was just about to run back to his room, grab his camera and took a lot of pictures until he founds an obstacle.

Two figures, a man and a lady. She looks so pretty, with her almond brown hair flying in the air, revealing each and every strand of it. Her white-pinkish dress fit her perfectly, showing her flawless figures. She wore a thin fabric, to wrap herself up, revealing her small and petite body, revealing how fragile she is. She was just perfect; he badly wants to take a picture of her.

That angle, that facial expression, that perfection. Is she an angel? Because he has found no one better than she is. She captivates him, just by smiling from a far. Her brown orbs didn’t even meet his, yet he has immersed himself to the beauty of the girl. Yet his heart soon shattered apart.

The man was back hugging her. He didn’t have his perfect figure. Myungsoo bet he’s better than the man. Yet how unlucky he is, unable to hug the girl just like how the man does. It was the man hugs that painted a smile across her gorgeous face that created such a romantic and artistic picture. He bet he could win any photography competitions just by taking a picture of the two. But he refuses.

He would rather die and loses his pride. He would rather be ashamed of himself rather than seeing the two being all cheesy and romantic. He hates it, so much. His hand travel up to his chest, rubbing it as his breathing become uneven. His fingers curled up, forming a fist, as the two hugging for quite a long time.

He would like to grab the girl shoulder and pulled her away. He would like to embrace the girl tightly, not letting the man to take her over. Once he gets her back, there’s no way he would ever turn her over. He would protect her. Yet right now, he can’t do nothing but watch them from a far. Because of what he has done, he no longer had the rights to claim her.

He had lost her.


Bae Suzy wakes up at 8 a.m. early in the morning. She frowns, as her body ache so much and her ankle as twisted. She’s pissed, what happen last night was a bad memory. She was left alone on a dark cold night. It has not happen before, never once. Boys would always run to her, worshiping her like a God.

She hasn’t even gotten to the bad part yet. The School’s Hottest Boys chooses Jieun over her! How could that ever happen? That girl existence has brought a threat over her. Therefore, she has to be terminated no matter what. And today, she will make sure to terminate her.

Why would people adore her so much? She wasn’t even that good to begin with. Oh well, she’s rich, pretty, gorgeous, sweet and feminine, but does she has confidence. Suzy is much better, not only pretty, she also has lots of money, a quite useful brain, and also confidence. People should have adored her so much more. This is just unfair, definitely unfair.

Just when her feels started to burn, she saw that coward, sitting 10 meters away from the beach. Oh, she really is a true coward. What’s the point of coming to Jeju if she’s not going to enjoy the beach? Today, Suzy is going to help her learn, how to enjoy the beach. Putting up a fake smile over her plastic face, she walks toward the petite woman.

“Good morning, want some coffee?” She greets her properly.

“Oh, hello. Good morning.” Jieun replied her politely, grabbing a cup of coffee from Suzy hand and mouth a ‘thank you’.

“I have never seen you at the beach before. I don’t think you have played at the beach before.” Suzy lean, sitting beside her.

“Oh, really? The waves are quite scary, I prefer to avoid them.”

“They’re fun, to be honest. Me and others are going to play there today, wants to come and join?”

Beach, when was the last time she touch the salty water? When was the last time she wrapped her milky white skin with the sand? When was the last time she dig herself inside the water? It used to be such a fun thing to do, something she would like to feel once more. When was the last time she fell in love with the beach? When was it, that she stopped loving the beach?

Unable to answer the question right away, Jieun flipped the page of her books, reading each and every word of it carefully. She immersed herself inside the book, searching for the invisible answer. She was thinking hard, whether to go or not. She was scared that something like that might happens again. She has feared the beach too much.

But she has to overcome it. She didn’t want to be afraid of the beach forever. She wants to revert back, to love the beach once more, and to enjoy its beauty. And then, the thoughts of him appear. Hoya, that Howon guy will be extra happy to find her overcomes her fear. They will finally able to have fun together again.

This girl, this Suzy girl, could she trust her? Last night, she heard her cursing and swearing at her. It was scary, to trust this girl. She doubt Suzy would help her to overcome her fear. Just when she was about to shook her head and refuses the offer, Suzy heaves a sigh of regret.

“For what has happen last night, I’m sorry. I regret doing that; I was just scared being left alone at midnight.”

“No, it’s okay. Let’s play, I will get change and come back soon.” Jieun said, as she ran back to her room excitedly.


It sends shiver down her body, as it trembles hard and her heartbeat was so fast that it suffocates her. She barely breathes now, as the rest of Miss A are together with her, not to forget some extra classmates. She is standing, on top of a 3 meter tall stones, ready to jump any second. She bit her lip hard; she’s scared, as it remains her of her trauma. She could taste her own blood, flowing out from her now pale lip.

“Jieun-ah, let’s jump! This is the most fun thing ever!” Suzy persuaded her to jump.

Jieun was terrified, her body become weak, her face become pale, and her chest become heavy. The moment the waves made it first contact to her body, she flinched and ran away, holding her scream inside. It feels so rough, how the waves seem to be in hunger, wanting to engulf her so badly and bring her to the ocean. When does the ocean become so wild? When do the waves become so forceful? She didn’t remember feeling the wild waves, all she could remember was the nice feeling when the waves comes and brush her skin. Maybe, Jeju does changes over the past 8 years.

The moment the water splash her, she flinched again, surprise by the sudden contact. It makes her thing about something fishy, last night the waves wasn’t this wild. Maybe, it’s because it was midnight. But never mind, Suzy will do nothing to harm her. Jieun tried to convince herself, being a little naïve.

They are about to go on a banana boat, if most of Miss A member didn’t reject the over. Jia was bored; she has played too much banana boat over the past three days. Min has had enough of drinking salty water; she would rather jump from the cliff rather than playing banana both. As a good maknae, Suzy fulfilled their wishes and climb up high to the 3 meters stone, exciting for the jump.

Jieun didn’t know why, but she got the feeling that Suzy keeps on urging her to jump. It makes her feel uncomfortable. She thought, Suzy only wants to show her the fun of playing at the beach. Jia, Min and Fei sit tightly next to each other at the edge of the stone as Suzy keeps on urging Jieun to jump. She’s scared because down there, she’s going to face the water right away.

“Jieun-ah, you should jump. It will be the best; I will jump right after you.”

Being shy, Jieun hang her head low and speak in a low voice. “No, the waves seem rather wild there. They’re strong. I’m scared; I will just sit here, at the edge while enjoying the view.”

“You should jump, Jieun-ah.”

“Why don’t you jump first, Suzy-ssi? If you are fine with it, I will jump right away.”

“Then it won’t be fun, Jieun-ah. Rookie should try first!” Suzy clap her hand.

“Why?” Jieun asked innocently.

“Because I want to have my revenge on you,” she murmurs and Jieun was unable to hear what she is saying. Because soon, she feels a great strength on her back, pushing her down to the water.

Splash!

Help me!


Jiyeon frowns early in the morning, as she stood far away from the beach. She pouted and from time to time, she constantly explodes in anger. She’s disappointed, very disappointed. She keeps on hitting Woohyun’s innocent arm as she was very angry. She keeps on murmuring and blabbering around.

“Yah, sit down and relax!”

“No way, this is bad! This is so bad! Why does it have to be today? I want to play at the beach.”

“We can’t, idiot. The waves are too big, do you want to get drown and swept away?”

“Of course not, idiot!”

“But this is really…. Aish, annoying!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

“It’s dangerous, Jiyeon.”

“I know!” She pouted.