"Nice to see you again"

My Bride is Cinderella

*beep* *beep*

“Hello?? It’s Suzy”, a cute little voice cuddled in Jiyeon’s ears.

“Yes? Why?”, Jiyeon wonders why there was a call for her in the middle of the night, so she sat up and went to the kitchen to get some water.

“Look at your window.”, Suzy commanded.

She went back to her room and opened the window, “Here, down ”, she looked down. Suzy was there with a limo. It was not surprising because she knows that her bestfriend was rich. One time she brought them into their house, no it’s a mansion and all their maids made Jiyeon live like a princess.

-----

 

So Jiyeon went downstairs and opened their cranky door. “What are you doing here??”, Jiyeon whispered. “My sister’s having a party. Come..”

 “Ssshh, stay quiet! Grandma will be awake soon.”, she warned her bestfriend. Her grandma is strict and didn’t want anything to bother her from sleeping.

“It’s like it’s only 2 in the morning”, Suzy stepped inside.

“Yeah, it’s her daily routine”

And while they were going upstairs, a sudden crack from the stairways filled the room. Their house was built in 1960’s and it was just very old. The lights are opened. “What.. now?”, Suzy looks at Jiyeon. “Hello Grandma!”, Jiyeon smiles.

Her grandma puts her hands at her waist.

---

 

“We.. I.. ”, utters Jiyeon.

“I am just inviting her to come to my sister’s wedding party. Here.”, Suzy folds out an invitation. It’s like an invitation to a royal ball. It has a golden ribbon that perfectly fits to the invitation.

Jiyeon’s grandma stared at Suzy and Jiyeon. Grandma please don’t allow me to go to that party. Jiyeon thought.

 

She puts on her eyeglasses and reads the invitation.

“It seems that you are with Suzy after all.”, she knew very well Suzy’s family because they are the ones who helped Jiyeon when her parents died. Jiyeon now lives with only her grandma. And their small bakery that turns into a café by night. Jiyeon works there so she can help her grandma pay the bills and now she’s been terrorized by Suzy.

The next day, while in school, “Aaaaaaah! Suzy, I don’t wanna go”, Jiyeon grabs her. “Stop it, your grandma said you are going. I already said that you’ll be sleeping at my house later.”

“Wh—whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!”, her screams in surprise.

“Yes, yes, yes. I’ve already bought you a dress for the party.”

“Why are you torturing me??”, she exclaimed.

“I’m not, just showing you the REAL world, my friend. You’re beautiful, you have to meet other people.”, while Suzy is saying this she emphasized the word “real” and pulls away the hair from Jiyeon’s face.

“Guess there’s no way I can’t get out of this”, she sits down to her chair and put her elbows in the armrest. But when she’s in the middle of no-way-of-getting-this-out, Myungsoo walked by and dropped a look. The feeling that you are in a bad mood then suddenly you saw your crush..

            “Su—Suzy, is that possible that Kim Myungsoo is invited??”

            “Yes. My family is close to them. Why? Did that change your mind?”, she arranges her things inside of her bag.

Jiyeon popped her head. “When is it again?”

The party was extravagant! It was like the most-awaited event of the year. All were settled, there were magnificent lights, all tables and chair arrangements are high-class and there’s all the set-up that a couple wants to have in a party. Suzy’s bodyguard chauffeured them to the party and opened the car door.

“Wait, wait..”, Jiyeon stopped Suzy when she was about to get off the car. “Is my dress okay??”, then she looks at her white dress.

“You look.. Uhmm, pretty!”

“You sure about that??”

“Yep!”, then they walked through the red carpet.

“Why all the cameras are focused on me?”, Jiyeon whispers at Suzy. “Just let them take a picture of you, never mind them.”

Jiyeon just smiled and continued to walk through.

 “Oh hello Mrs. Zafron”, it’s like Suzy meets a friend of her dad and kisses her in the cheeks.

“Hello darling,”, the elegant woman with a beige of shoulder dress greets her back.

They continued to talk about business stuffs. “Excuse me, I’ll just get some water.”, Jiyeon did not want to interrupt their conversation. So she was on her way of finding the restroom and sees if her make-up needs a re-touch. The make-up artist put a dark pink lipstick on her and she hated it. It doesn’t even compliment at her white CHANEL dress. “Excuse me sir? , do you know where the restroom is--”, the guy in a white tuxedo turned to her.

“You??”, they exclaimed in chorus.

“What are you doing here??”, and they both asked the same question again.

It was Sungyeol, he dyed his hair brown. “Ha Ha, I never seen any peasants here before.”

“Peasants, huh? What do you think of yourself? A king?”, in her tone of voice, it seems that Jiyeon wants to pick up a fight.

“Hey, Sungyeol..”, Myungsoo wears a black tuxedo that matches Jiyeon’s dress. T’was like they were the couple who just got married. “Dad’s looking you.”, his eyes were as cold as ice. Jiyeon looks at him, her eyes open wide. A man who has awesome looks and is wearing a tuxedo right now, all the girl must really fall for her.

His eyes shifted to her, the time had stopped, they are really perfect for each other. Sungyeol’s phone call breaks the moment, “Hello?”

“Excuse me”, he says to the two.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo found themselves awkward and turned away.

“Suzy invited you?”, Myungsoo’s voice sounded too shaky.

“Uh.. Mmm.”, How did he knew that Suzy invited me?  “How did you know??”, she asked him.

Suzy walks behind them. “Oh, there you are! I’m finding you everywhere.. Hello!”, she shaked hands with Myungsoo for formality.

“Nice to see you here”, he smiled and said to Jiyeon.

“N—Nice to see you too..”, she bowed and greeted him.

“Where did you go lately?? Next time, don’t be far away from me okay? This place is too big to look for you…”, Jiyeon didn’t seem to listen to what Suzy is saying. She watched Myungsoo as he walked away. What a very handsome guy.  

Nice to see you again. She said to herself.