Cinderella

My Bride is Cinderella

Mr. Kim was anxious about the wedding. It must be planned.

“Uhmm..”, Jiyeon thinks of a date. What am I supposed to say? I’m really guilty. What if he finds out that I am not Lee Jieun?? And what if—

“Sooner as we get a cake”, Myungsoo held her hand and catches her from the situation.

Whew, that was close!, that was Jiyeon thought while awkwardly smiling at Mr. Kim. She looked at Myungsoo and he gave her a wink.

 

“Hey! What do we got here?”, Sungyeol passed by the dining area. He sees the two, while Myungsoo holds hand with Jiyeon. “Ah, well..”, “Come, eat with us!”, Myungsoo then again saved Jiyeon from that moment. “Oh, you’re back father!”, he gives a sarcastic smile to his father and hugged him.

“Don’t you dare ruin the moment”, he suspiciously looks at Sungyeol. “Wait a minute! Did you drink again? You smell.. awful”, his dad sighs in dismay and covers his nose and mouth.

“Aren’t you supposed to be happy that you saw your son again? And be thankful that YOU are still alive?”, now he points his finger at the old man.

“How dare you!”, Mr. Kim tried to stand up on his feet  but he can barely move it. Myungsoo came over his dad and precautions him. Sungyeol looked at Jiyeon fiercely.

“Stop”, his older brother blocked his way through his dad so that he cannot create an issue anymore. His eyes were close to his, it’s like he’s going to eat Myungsoo. But he returned the look in Sungyeol’s eyes. Watching the two brothers is a thriller. Jiyeon can hardly watch them. She covered her eyes with her hand.

But then again, it was over. Sungyeol walks fast to his room and shuts the door. Right at that moment, he punches his pillow in his couch. He didn’t even open the lights in the room. “I’m going to make you suffer”, was all he said. His face was red, full of sweat, and his eyes were terribly scary.

 

---

 

Meanwhile, Jiyeon uncovers her face.

“I’m sorry, Sungyeol have to be like that, you know. He’s very arrogant. Tsk! And very childish! I’m very sorry Jieun”, Mr. Kim kept on complaining about his son and apologizes for the situation.

I’m just wondering.. If Jieun is really me, and she’s right here now, could’ve this happen?

Her cellphone rings, “Hello?”, “Where are you?! I keep on looking for you!”, a very loud voice screamed on her ear that made her ears hurt. She puts away the phone a little from her.  And then it was Suzy.

“Excuse me”, she excuses herself from Mr. Kim and Myungsoo.

“What happened Suzy??”, she asked Suzy terribly worried.

“I am sick. Isn’t your duty here to take care of me?!?”, Suzy said a lot more hurtful words but this one striked her. It’s not like her best friend anymore. Now she commands her like her personal assistant. But Jiyeon just keep quiet and says that she was going home soon.

*beep*

Suzy ended the call.

“You don’t know what can I do. You stole my Sungyeol, I’m going to take your Myungsoo too”, Suzy is very mad and then her face is wet, full of tears, full of sadness. And she wipes it, and smiles devilishly.

 

---

Myungsoo insisted to take Jiyeon to Suzy’s home. It’s getting late too.

“You sure you’re okay??”, he opened the car door for her and picks up her bag for her. “Yes, thanks for driving me here”, “Woah, be careful. It’s too dark here, do you have the keys?”

“Yes, yes. Sure, it’s in my bag.. Eh??”, she can’t find it, Myungsoo turns on his phone to light inside her bag. “Here”, and she finally finds it.

Suzy opened her window curtains and sees the two, happily together. She went downstairs and pretended to seem happy and smiles at the two. “Oh, Jiyeon! You’re here!”, she hugs her friend tightly and looks at her. Then she hugs her again. “I’m so worried! I missed you!”

Jiyeon shooked her head to Myungsoo and he said good-bye and Jiyeon then said again “thanks”. Maybe Suzy is worried that’s why she said things to me on the phone a while ago. Jiyeon made a story in her mind. And while Myungsoo’s car engine was running, Suzy grins at her. She looks at her too. But his car is vague, and very far away. Suzy grabbed Jiyeon’s arm and takes her inside the house. Her grip was very hard. “Ouch!”, she screamed in pain.

And when they reached her room, she finally lets her out and pushed her to the floor.

“Where have you been all of the time??”, Suzy folded her arms. Jiyeon cried, she never seen her bestfriend like this before. She stands up and tried to calm her. But Suzy just can’t control herself. She is full and pretty mad at her. No, not her.. at Sungyeol. And she is only the one whom she can blame it to. So she pulled her hair really hard, “Next time, you cannot go with someone else’s house without my permission. Understand?”, Jiyeon continued to sob and touched her head. She might want to go home, but now she just can’t. “Un-der-stand?”, Suzy syllabicates the word and looked down to Jiyeon in fiery.

“Y-Yes”, Jiyeon then finally answered.

“Good.”, and she lets go of her hair. She rolled her eyes before she walked out to her room. Suzy bangs the door really hard like it was blown by a really heavy wind. After all this, the incident in Myungsoo’s house, and now that her best friend just got mad at her for a reason that she cannot understand, Jiyeon sees herself in a mirror in front of her, crying really hard, her hair was messy so as her uniform. And she can’t believe it all that happened now, it seems like a dream.

I wish this is only a dream.

 

---

“Wake up! Wake up!”, soft voices surrounded her. Jiyeon gets up, she slept on the floor and she didn’t know why, maybe because she kept on thinking about last night and feel like sleeping there. She opens her eyes. She yawns and wipes the side of and sees three maids. They brought a uniform just like what they are wearing. “Hey? What’s up”, she sits up, unknowingly what the situation was.

“Yes. Miss Suzy commanded us to give this to you and wake you”, one brunette maid speaks softly.

“And she.. she also says that you are going to be one of us”, continued by another maid who has pigtails. She looks like a Chinese. “Huh? What? What?”, “She says you’re going to be one of us. I am very excited!”, she’s so giggly and energetic and one other maid stopped her. “Sorry”, she apologizes. But when Jiyeon heard this, what happened last night flashed to her mind.  

Is that really real? That really happened?? What??, she is lost.

“You see, uh.. Madam--”, the brunette maid said. “Miss Suzy has this habit for a while, she is so hot-headed and sometimes you just need to be quiet and understand her”, she has a calm voice. One like from an angel. And her face suits her voice too.

“Yes. Yes, so I advise you to just follow her”, the giggly maid Serena continued and one they all looked to her and nodded.

 

What will I do? I never thought Suzy will be this mean to me. Why is this happening?? Why?? What did I ever do to her? Is this the price for letting me stay in her house?? If so, I would do it. Even I’m her best friend, I have to do this.

---

After a couple of days, this was her routine. She will have to go to school and when she went home, she will mop the floor and cook for dinner. Jiyeon was very tired because she has to her homeworks also, and her free time is only at midnight. Sometimes, Suzy calls her to massage her and sometimes, for no reason.

She finally did her job. “Uggh, this is so tiring!”, she leaped to her bed with her maid’s uniform on and was about to take a nap but her cellphone buzzed. “Myungsoo<3”, was on the screen. She clicked the open button and reads it. “How’s life going? Are you okay? I don’t see you much in school so I just texted you, just.. want to say Hi”, Jiyeon remembers that they have a contract, she finds it in her bag. And she reads it. Unluckily, Suzy was passing by Jiyeon’s room and sees her giggling and holding a piece of paper. She was about to open it and punish her, but she sees stuff more interesting so she didn’t bother and spied her from the open door.

“I’m okay. Sometimes, I just want to hang around with my friends”, she replies to Myungsoo.

Then she got a reply too, “Oh. You’re so friendly, huh? How wonderful. Should I get some time with you?”

No! she said at the back of her mind. She thinked twice what will she reply. “Sorry. I’m busy. Maybe sometime”

Maybe he will say okay to this. But no any luck, Myungsoo replied that he will be going to Suzy’s house tomorrow. Jiyeon bit her lip and made it bleed. She sat in her bed and looks at what she is wearing, trying to figure out how will she make an excuse for tomorrow.