Myungsoo's weakness

My Bride is Cinderella

Jiyeon opened her eyes.

What? It was a dream??

She realized that she had fallen asleep when she was about to put her things in the cabinet.

“It was just my imagination”, she said. The door suddenly opens, it was Suzy. “Dinner’s ready”

 

She pictures her dream once more. “What kind of dream was that?”

“Huh?”, Suzy asks her.

“N—Nothing..”, she muttered. And the maid puts soup in her bowl. “Thank you”, she says while cleaning up the side of with a table napkin. Just like in her dream.

 

---

When the sun shows up, everything in Suzy’s house is synchronized. You don’t need to worry about what food to cook, what sock is to wear and you don’t need to catch the bus or whatever. Somehow, Jiyeon wishes that she has Suzy’s life. She wants also to have this kind of life, yet, when her parents died, she needs to make effort how to pay the bills because all the responsibility in their house is hers.

Here they are, riding a limo again to school.

Suzy is much more than an icon because of her extremely luxurious living, but she never had an enemy.

“Wait, I’ll just get my books in the locker”, and they walked in different directions. Jiyeon looks at her books and picks what book to bring in her next class. “You look like Cinderella”, she was frightened and immediately looks at the person beside her. It was like dejavu when she saw Myungsoo. She remembers her dream again when he said that You look like Cinderella.

 

“Why? Do I look like a ghost?”, Jiyeon calms herself , “N—No. Not at all.”

And the bell rings, “Did you change your number?”, he asked.

“No”, what a frantic expression she has in her face, “Why?”

“Okay, see you then”, Myungsoo waved goodbye and headed towards his classroom.

---

 

She found herself dumbfounded and reached for the mouse of the computer and searched for Kim Myungsoo’s profile in Facebook. There was no way for her of getting in touch of Myungsoo since he is in the First Section and she, well.. she is only an average student.

 

Meanwhile, in Myungsoo’s house, his father wants to talk to him and invited him to have coffee with him in the office room. He sipped a little, “I have bad news for you my son”.

“What it is appa?”, his dad points at his cane and Myungsoo gives it to him. Finally, he stood up. Walks a little, “the company is getting down, I want you to manage it”

“But I am just 17”, Myungsoo exclaimed, “and I—I.. I cannot run the company, it is still too big to manage, His dad takes off his glasses. He’s a man of few words, and is very wise. “I have run our business for a long time my son. I will send you to USA to study there and whatever comes, and you will be the next to run our winery. I know you can do it.”, he touches his son’s hand, like passing his responsibility and power to a person. But in that very moment, his dad’s sight went wrong,

“Dad? Dad?”, Myungsoo immediately run towards the telephone and called for help. Sungyeol was walking by the hallway and saw their dad lying on the floor. There were no replies they can get from their dad.

Gladly, they got an immediate action from the hospital and their dad was saved. But he is in a coma. The room is so quiet that you can just hear the machine beeping.

Suzy came over, with her. “Wait, wait”, Jiyeon catches her breath. They were running the way through Mr. Kim’s room. And Suzy opens the door, they saw Myungsoo there, holding his dad’s hands.

 

---

 

It just happened all of a sudden. Myungsoo was getting a nap in the small couch when his dad finally said a word, “S-Son..”, Suzy taps him and he sits beside his appa.

“Yes dad?”, he saw his dad’s freckles, and his words are not clear enough now.

“I want you to run the company”, “Yes. Yes, Dad.”, he says. He loves his dad more than anything, and do not want to lose him. Especially now, that their company is getting down. So Myungsoo sobs a little but wipes it away. That was the first time Jiyeon saw Myungsoo like that.

His dad looks at Jiyeon. “Is.. that Lee ji eun (IU) ??”, Jiyeon points at herself. “Me?”

“Come here..”, she walks to Myungsoo’s dad. “Stay with my son, I know that you love him very much”, Jiyeon was shocked and looks at Myungsoo. But she just nodded because she doesn’t want Myungsoo to be humiliated.

Then the machine starts to slow down, Suzy called for a nurse. Myungsoo and Jiyeon left the room. The doctor advised them that they wouldn’t allow any visitors to come because of his dad’s horrible condition.  

 

Myungsoo sits down to the floor. “I can’t bare this too much”, he starts to cry and covers his face. Jiyeon hugged him tight. Seeing a friend in a situation like this, you don’t need to think twice if you’d hug him or not.

 

Or is it really for a friend?