Hurt

My Bride is Cinderella

As I open the CD case, tears filled my eyes.

But I want to know her reason.. She cannot just leave me here. She arranges her camera as she started to utter words. “Jiyeonnie-Ah! This is Suzy..”, her smile hides the real intention of what she was about to say.

But then, she looked down and after seconds, she started to cry. “I’m sorry.. Mianhae, mianhae!”, and bowed three times consecutively. It didn’t help but made me cry even more. “I’m sorry for everything that I’ve done.. I’m really sorry!”

Didn’t she apologize before?? I said it was just okay. I’ve forgiven her. “I want to go away. I’m the reason of all your hardships. Sorry--”, her voice was hurting my ear. It was her soft cry voice. I want to pick up my phone and dial her number. But it was late. Also, I don’t know what to say.

Myungsoo saw me crying really hard on his study table. “Jiyeon..”, he embraced me. No one could understand what I feel except for him. I know he was just trying to make feel light and easy. In times like this, Myung isa man of few words as he spoke the words, “it was okay”.

 

---

 

My eyes were swollen due to my crying the whole night. I didn’t expect it would turn out like this. It was just so hurtful that I choose not to go to class. Maybe the university is now preparing for the graduation which is just two weeks from now. I wonder what Suzy is doing now.

“Jieun..”, Myungsoo’s dad is at the balcony, drinking coffee and relaxing to the view of nature. I pointed at myself. “Yes, you”, I forgot that my name here was just a cover. Why do I ever forget things?? My mind is full of worries and anxiety.

I come near him.

He looked at me, baffled, as he heavily made a sigh.  “Say.. how long have you been fooling me??”, my eyes continue to widen. We don’t communicate much for how long and what was he saying. Does he know about Myungsoo and I’s contract.

I cannot answer his question and kept looking away, removing my look. “Tsskk..”, he turned to the blue sky. “I suppose you are a good person. I trusted in you. How can you do this to me?”, “But.. Mr. Kim I--”

“She has nothing to do with this. Don’t blame her..”, Myungsoo dropped his bag, “I’m the one responsible”, as he grabbed my hand to catch me, again. He was always my savior.

 

---

 

“So I suppose to leave the mess to you”, Myungsoo’s father sighed as he held a luggage bag and passed it on. With Myungsoo’s explanation, I do not know what to say. It was not my job or even so, I am more curious of what might happen if my grandma knew this all. What will she say? What will she do? Maybe she’ll disperse me or say that she doesn’t want to see me again.

I started to keep my look down. I gathered thoughts and formulate things on how to say this all to my grandma as I turn to leave. “Where are you going??”, Myungsoo grabbed my attention. A tear was  about to slide in my eye. “Stay Jiyeon”, his father commanded me so.

He sighed. “You know.. I really don’t know what came into your mind. I don’t think you’re using my son because from the time I knew you, you were that kind of warm-hearted girl.. Suzy said this to me”, Myungsoo and I stared at each other.

“Suzy?!”, we arranged to meet in chorus and have asked the same question.

His father replied with a warm smile. But I really don’t know what expression will I give back to him. “Yes. Suzy..”