Strange Day

My Bride is Cinderella

The shore is very beautiful, the sunlight, the fresh breeze, people are enjoying the water, but not Jiyeon.

Honeymoon??.. Yes, what are couples doing for a honeymoon?? No. No, I’m not ready!

It can’t be. Did Myungsoo plan this all along? Wha—What if, what if.. No! I don’t want to..

 

“Hey”, Jiyeon seemed distracted. Half of her body was covered by a towel. All along she doesn’t contact Myungsoo in the eyes.  And he was there, relaxing at the beach chair. Some girls passed by him and smiled. Some also waved, but he didn’t give them even a look.

She toiled the sand, moving slowly as she builds a small tower. “Hey!”, he now raised his voice.

“Eh??”, “..you hungry??”, She just shook her head and folded her arms. Jiyeon doesn’t put much attention to him. She concentrates in building a sand castle but it wasn’t as easy as she expected and the tower fell down.

“You should put some water so it would stand tall”, she looks at the failed sand castle. Infront of it was like some sort of a mannequin, there was Myungsoo’s body. He pours a little amount of sea water onto the sand. “You know, when I was a kid my father wouldn’t let me go to the beach..”

Jiyeon turned to the starfish beside her so as he can’t notice that she was looking to him. “Why??”, she asked. Myungsoo took a deep breath and just smiled, “I almost died”.

Her face was surprised and she never let go of her actions again. She sounded so horrified, “Why?!”

“I drowned when I was eleven..  boasting that I can swim. See that line there??”, he points at the end line of the shore where the people shouldn’t pass because after that, the water level is way too deep. Jiyeon followed his direction. “I was found pass that line..”, he chuckles and digs out sand to form the tower of the sandcastle. “What did you do??”

“Well, my dad panicked and luckily Sungyeol saved me”

It was terrible, and so.. I do not want to swim anymore. Jiyeon thought of herself as she looks into the sea.

“You’re very lucky”

“Yes, I am”, he saluted her and tops of the sandcastle with some sort of a stick.

“Wooooow! You really are good making sandcastles”, Jiyeon is very much amazed and takes a picture of it. “Is the sandcastle only the one who should take a picture of??”, he raised his eyebrow, telling her that she should also include him in the picture. Jiyeon laughs all of a sudden.

“Let me take a picture of you two, what a beautiful couple”, a tourist passes by and offers them help. Jiyeon looks to her, she looks like she saw her before. “Kamsahamnida!”, Myungsoo smiles and poses.

“C’mon, smile!!”, the tourist seems so amused and Jiyeon thought like she was floating. She looks at the camera and gives it a big grin.

 

---

“Oh my, I look bad at this picture..”, they were back at the hotel and Jiyeon was carefree relaxing on the sofa. She looks at one and deletes it.

Myungsoo was in the kitchen preparing food. No wonder he knows how to prepare food, he’s a jack-of- all-traits. Mmm.. What smell is that?? Is that salmon?? She hovered to the kitchen and sees Myungsoo wiping his sweaty face. What a good husband.. and aimlessly takes a picture of him.

“Hey, I saw that”, Myungsoo chuckles as she tries to leave the kitchen. “Is that for bibimbap??”

“Yep, dinner is served”, the tables is well-organized. There was even a candle at the side.

“Mmm.. I’m hungry”, she touches her belly and sits. After they ate, Jiyeon burped so loud. She didn’t mean to do it but her stomach is too full, she has to let it out. “I married a bibimbap monster”, Myungsoo laughs it off and tries to annoy her. She looked strangely at him, three more seconds of laughter and another burp came out. “That’s a really good one!”, they continued to laugh until it was over.

---

It was in time for bed and this day was really exhausting. “Aren’t you going to sleep??”, Jiyeon thought as she was looking at the clock. It was almost twelve. Myungsoo was eating chocolates, undisturbed, watching television. It was his favorite past-time.

Well, he doesn’t seem to be tired after all.. She arranges the bed and takes a nap, but before she could really put herself into a deep sleep, she heard the television went off and all the electricity in the room. She sits and finds her slippers. What’s going on??? She panicked and walks to the kitchen. At the same time, Myungsoo finds the main switch where the problem may start and tries to fix it.

Jiyeon d in the dark. She could not see anything. Why must this happen?? She cursed the electricity. “Jiyeon??”, Myungsoo yelled her name. “Yes?”

“..can you help me??”, there was a little amount of light. Myungsoo needed to call the maintenance because something in the switch is broken. “Where are you??”, she looks for him. But she can only hear his voice. “Near the telephone”

Telephone.. Telephone.. Where the heck is that?? I don’t know where I’m going.

She walks slowly and her feet dragged her into something. Jiyeon trips herself and founded a very large music box beside her, but she cannot clearly see. Wh—What’s this?? She touches it. It was somewhat familiar.

“Jiyeon!”, at last there was some light from Myungsoo’s hand. He was holding a flashlight.

And saved her.