The Deal

My Bride is Cinderella

“Marry Me”

Two words that made Jiyeon’s face full of red. She couldn’t breathe. At the same time, she can’t believe that Myungsoo said that. Is he really serious??

She looks at his eyes. It wasn’t like he was joking. “Eh?? What should I say??”

“Please say yes, ”, Myungsoo is really serious about it. “and pretend to be my bride”, he continues.

 I do. I do. I really do. Jiyeon says at the back of her mind.

 

---

Sungyeol was looking for her. He kept on searching outside the hospital, finding her in every store he passes by and here comes the rain. He walks fast, the rain is really pouring hard.

In a café, he sees Jiyeon and glances at the person infront of her.

---

“You see, my dad really wants me to marry Lee Jieun”, Jiyeon was curious about her and zips her lips to hear the story. “She was my first love..”, he continues.

“Hey, you”, little Lee Jieun who was about ten years old points at Kim Myungsoo, she whispers and crawls under the table. Myungsoo, who was seven years old at that time, follows her. He was quiet since he was a kid. Gladly, there was her to make friends with him.

“What’s your name??”, a girl with a cute voice like a fairy said. “Kim Myungsoo”, and a shy little boy who was 3 years younger than her answers her back. She eats a candy cane and a marshmallow and her face was so dirty with all the chocolate. No wonder this girl loves sweets while Myungsoo is left quiet, not wanting to interrupt her eating a sumptuous treat.

 “Want some?”, she offers her bag that is full of candies. Myungsoo picks a candy, “So were friends now okay?”, the tablecloth suddenly opens and a big hairy guy sees the two. It was Sungyeol’s butler.

“What are you doing down there?”, the two looks at each other and she grabs his hand. By a wink of an eye, the two little kids ran off the party. And there they found each other, a friend.  

 

“So, you two are friends since then??”, Jiyeon puts her elbows in the table, her hand supports her chin while listening to Myungsoo’s story.  

“Yeah. And I don’t know what got me to fell inlove with that girl.. She’s just too.. smart and kind to me”, Myungsoo shrugs his shoulders while saying this. And Jiyeon backs off, something just let her feel pain like she was pinched by someone.

“So why don’t you bring her to your appa?”, she doesn’t sound good. But still, she wants to know why.

Myungsoo looks down, “because she’s married now”, and he chuckles. He wanted to look happy but, you can see in his eyes that he wanted that girl to be with him that day.

“Okay, I will do”, Jiyeon strongly agrees to a marriage. For his dad, he will marry Myungsoo. “but for one condition”

“What?”, Myungsoo looks up.

“Give me back my cafe”

“Deal”, he offers his hand for a formal handshake. She reaches his hand, but not entirely sure if what she just said is right.

---  

Sungyeol sees Jiyeon that she was smiling, so he didn’t waste time to get in that café but continued to walk and his butler opened the car door for his master. Then drove off to the Kim’s house.