A Surprise

My Bride is Cinderella

“Just next time,  just call my name and I’ll be quick like Superman..”, Myungsoo flapped his arms as he impersonated Superman. Jiyeon felt her lips move as she made a grin.

She nodded. “Uhm.. But how will I do that if you just scared me??”, he chuckled and pinched her nose. “Why you?? You’re so cute when you do that!”

“Do what??”, “Tha--”,

“What??”, she cared less as Myungsoo move his face gently to her, aiming to give her a kiss. Now that his face was just an inch away, he seems not to control his movements anymore and leaned closely to hers. “That..”

She smiled as she put her hand to Myungsoo’s nape and gently moving away from the kiss. It was magical, unexpected, like the first kiss they had in Gyeonggi. “Wow. I don’t know you did that..”

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow. “one more..”, Myungsoo holds her tight but Jiyeon shrugs her head and he loses his grip, following Jiyeon’s tracks. They ran around the four corners of the room as they reminisce the times they spent together, the good and bad, the moments that they thought that they wouldn’t have and the present time—tonight.  

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”, he locked  his arms to hers and they laughed altogether. His coat is pulling off from Jiyeon’s body, uncovering her flawless white skin and revealing the dress that suited her very well. She turned around and looked at him straightly.

There was a pause for a moment. Their eyes magically sparkled.

“Hmm.. Were you going to surprise me??”, Myungsoo can’t seem to listen to what she was saying. He can’t believe that he married a very nice girl and up to this day, he wondered why he didn’t show his feelings for her before falling in the trap of marriage. “Myungsoo?”, “Uh-Yeah”

He looked at his wristwatch. “C’mon. We’re going to be late!”,”Huh?”

“I’m going to explain you later”, he grabbed Jiyeon’s hand and they made their way to the car.

 

Sungyeol saw them by the window. I only wish that you can forgive her.

---

The night sky was so bright. “Just wait. 3.2.1”, Myungsoo takes off his hand that covers Jiyeon’s eyes. She blinked, adjusting her sight to the limelight. “Wooooow!”

There was beautiful fireworks that bloomed in the night sky. It was an extra effort from Myungsoo’s band mates as they try to hide themselves but Jiyeon saw two of them and that just ruined the whole event.

“Aish. Why did you show up?? It’s not finished yet..”, Sunggyu blames Dongwoo.

“Eh?! You are the one who first showed up. See those bushes?? You’re white pants showed off”

“Really?”, Sunggyu looks at his pants and stares at the group. “Are you really serious? You just ruined everything”, Myungsoo is quite angry. “See, Myungsoo will eat you!”, Sungjong .

But suddenly, he blurts out laughter that was soon followed by his friends and Jiyeon.“You really are cool”, “Me? Of course I am!”, Dongwoo gained four blank stares after he had the guts to say that. “I’m just kidding!”

That made Jiyeon laugh like there’s no tomorrow.

“But thanks Myung”, she tip-toed to reach his cheek and kiss it. Myungsoo was shocked by her actions and blushed. “Yieeeeeee”, everyone teased them.

“Bwoh. Are you blushing??”, Jiyeon pointed his cheeks. “Haha! You’re the one who first do that to him”, Sunggyu commented. “Eh?!”

“See ya around lovers! Enjoy your night!”, Sunggyu stepped out. “Hey, where are you going??”, “Aish. You fools! It’s our time to walkout”, he whispered but the two can still hear the conversation. Myungsoo, who was stoned, can’t help but laugh to their actions.

“Mianhae! Mianhae!”, Dongwoo bowed to them as he followed the rest of the group, leaving the two of them alone as they cherish their night together. When his friends couldn’t be seen, Myungsoo started to feel awkward as he started a conversation.

“But this is not the only surprise I have”, Myungsoo picks up his phone and calls someone. Who was she calling in the middle of the night?? Jiyeon was getting curious. “It’s okay now. Time to meet us”

Meet us? “Hey, you didn’t tell me that we were meeting someone..”

“Just wait”, Myungsoo just smiled at her, letting out his cute dimples.

“Are you tricking on me??”, she started to not sound right. “No, I’m not”

A car parked near the two. Myungsoo landed his arms to her shoulder. “Trust me, it’ll be fine”

“Myungsoo.. you’re trying to scare me!”, she removed Myungsoo’s held. It was so cute of her to do that.

Then a lady, who was in a dress got off into the car. Wey. Is she.. pregnant??, she focused her eyes as Jiuen (IU) walked closely to them. “Good evening!”, she greeted.

Jiyeon looks to Myungsoo. He smiled and pulled her closely to his body.

 

---

 

A couple of minutes passed and they went to a fancy restaurant. At first it was awkward to talk to the two of them, knowing that they quite really know each other since childhood. Myungsoo put some tea to Jiuen’s cup but she shrugged, “No thanks. It might be bad to the baby”

“Oh, sorry”, she rubs her belly and smiled to both of them. “Myung you don’t seem to eat too mush lately eh? You’re getting skinny”, he looked at her reflection from Jiyeon’s eyes. “Am I?”

Jiyeon nodded. “it must’ve been because of your lack of sleep”, Jieun continued. What am I doing here?, Jiyeon asked herself.

She gazed at Jieun’s tummy. She was a bit jealous of her having a baby. “You know Jiyeon.. I was very sorry for the things I did back then”, Jiyeon tilted her head and listened, “when I had this little creature, I’ve become mature and now I understood what is the real meaning of life”

It was like someone who talked to her, not the Jieun before. Her eyes were innocent and calm. And she learned to forgive her by the time that she saw her from the car. She never planted guilt on her chest. Instead, she looked at it as a challenge for her relationship with Myungsoo.

 


She just replied a smile and as they move to a deeper kind of conversation, she knew more about her and why did she end up doing crazy things back then. “But my sister..”

“Suzy?”, Jiyeon asked her as she sipped from her cup of coffee. “What about her?”

“I think she is heading her way to New York..”, Jieun looked down and worried. “Why??”, Jiyeon exclaimed. She puts her cup down and made a spill on the table. “Why? She didn’t say that to me!”, “Relax, relax”, Myungsoo pushed her to her seat.

“I-I do not know.. She said she wanted to give you this”, Jieun handed her a piece of envelope. It was sealed with a tape. “Sorry that I didn’t ask her. She just said she wanted to be alone. Tomorrow is her flight to New York”