Final

My Bride is Cinderella

(Jiyeon’s POV)

 

“What.. How.. What did she say??”, Jiyeon asked.

Mr. Kim’s expression is vague. In his thin lips, he puts on a smile on his face but also furrows his eyebrows after some time.

“Uhmm.. She visited me yesterday when you two are out and explained the whole situation”, I can hear my heart beat running fast. Then he puts down his hand to the table which enabled me to react like I am spilled by fresh cold water.

“First, it really disappointed me..”, he looks on to me and then turned to his son.

It brought up my nerves. I wanted to leave the room but.. I am here right now. Whatever happens and whatever his decisions are, I will accept it. “But she has convinced me by her words and I realized that it is her fault..”

In a time of silence, I simply tried to analyze what he said, imagining the scenario where Suzy and Mr. Kim had the talk in this room, yesterday night.

My hands were trembling and my eyes is now staring blank, hoping and waiting as Myungsoo’s father continued to drop his judgement onto us.

I know that deep in myself, I cannot be mean or be angry with Suzy for just a shallow reason. Never have I thought that this will happen. But she’s my bestfriend and I will do always forgive her in anything that she has done.  

His furrowed brows made the tense fill the room more. But then at last, he uttered words which made mine and Myungsoo’s hearts jump for joy.  “so I have forgiven you..“

That time, we attended to meet each other’s eyes. No one could ever explain what we felt but all we had in our minds is that, we are free and there is nothing to hide from now on. “Is that really true appa?”, Myungsoo’s eyes wondered as he held my hand to peck a kiss on it.

Mr. Kim nodded. “Just be sure you keep each other together for the rest of your lives”

We looked at each other and surely answered one hundred percent, “We will!”

“Now go on!”, Mr. Kim shoved his hands. “Go on where??”, I asked.

He looked at his wall clock, “Suzy’s flight is just two hours away from now!”, he shouted. “Suzy!”, quick as a blink of an eye, we dissolved out of the room.

 

---

I did not manage to plan what to wear, and my socks are not even in pattern. Myungsoo just took a jacket and readied his car. “Sir, would you like me to chauffeur you?”, “No”, he replied.

“I’m sorry..  if you would just excuse us. We’re in a hurry!”,

“Yes, sir”, the butler bowed then answered. He closed the car window and put on his shades.

Myungsoo helped me with the thing. “tighten your seatbelt”, “Wait, wait is that Sungyeol??” I pointed at the guy at the back as we looked at the front mirror. Sungyeol was running very fast.

And now, he pants as he opens the car door at the back. “We don’t have more time. Drive you Myung! Just.. look at this like a favor to me”, Sungyeol commanded his brother.

“We’ll be there in ten minutes if you shut up!”, he placed his hands on the wheels and drove really, really fast. I barely opened my eyes.

“Whoa!”, Sungyeol screamed. “Easy. Easy.”

“Do you want to see her again or not?”, they both talked in a loud voice. “Are you dumb? I don’t want her to fly to New York!”. “Then shut up and let me drive!”

 

Ten minutes later and the traffic signaled ‘STOP’. Myungsoo beeped his car. “What the--”, Sungyeol stomped his feet very hard. “It’s okay.. ”

“What’s okay with that?!”, with eyes full of tense.

“Woah. Woah. Woah. You two, just stay calm. Everything will just be alright. Breathe!”, I finally said. Myungsoo counts. “3..2..1..”, and as the stop light went green, he steered his wheels again as it made me scream. “Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

---

Running in the airport and redundantly explaining to the guards is not that easy. We cannot find Suzy! Sungyeol was tracking her and trying to reach her number but no one answers her phone. “Excuse me, could you find what are the planes that flew to New York City?”, I hate going to airport for it tests my English skills. And of course, Myungsoo is the one who communicates with all the people in the airport.   

“Myung.. I need to pee”, Okay, this is so irritating.. He pointed at the left and so I hurdled. At that time, the only thing that kept running in my head is to see Suzy even before she leaves and say to her that everything is fine and that she doesn’t have to leave.

I was about to open the door after finishing my agenda why I came to the Girl’s CR when I heard of a familiar voice that echoed the whole room. Suzy??

“I’ll be there in a minute. Just wait for me”

“Suzy?!”, I shouted. She looked back and gave me an anxious look. “I’m sorry? Do I know you?”

“Oh. Mianhae, Mianhae!”, I apologized. I thought it was her. “Do you have a problem??”, a girl probably in her thirties asked. “No. No. I just thought you are my bestfriend..”, I stepped out of the room, lost and unhopeful.

“Can I help you?”, I turned back. Maybe she can help us find Suzy. “Is her flight to New York city??”, “yes!”, I agreed.

 

---

The three of us headed back to the wide screen where the airport monitors what planes are now to travel. Mixed feelings surrounded my chest. “Where is she?”, Sungyeol gullibly asks. “She’s there..”, I reported and pointed to a girl who was sitting on the lobby. With her high heels, red coat and earphones on, I can decipher that she is really Suzy. “Are you sure it’s her now?”

“Yes”, I assured both of them and was glad with the lady who I met in the Girls’ restroom. For we hadn’t met, I will see my bestfriend for a long time—or never.

We took very slow steps as we reached the lobby. Suzy looked up as she removed her earphones. First, Sungyeol grabbed her by the arm. “Where are you going?!”

“I.. I.. I will explain”, she tried to lock out her hands from his but he is strong.

“You don’t have to”, I smiled and said. “Huh? Jiyeon I..”, “I know. You don’t have to say anything”, the three of us laughed. “Why are you laughing??”, Suzy wonders.

“So you think leaving us with all the drama letters will make us feel fine?”, Myungsoo amusingly asks. “Well I was just about to--”, she tried to come up with an excuse but failed to do so.

A flight attendant intruded our conversation. “Ma’am I’m sorry.. the plane is leaving in five minutes”

“She’s not leaving!”, the three of us said. “What?!?”, the flight attendant bowed beforehand and leaved Suzy with us.

“Wait, wait. What??”, she says. “I don’t understand”

“We all know your reason so please don’t go away with it”, I slowly wrapped my arms to her. “Jiyeon I.. I’m sorry”, she was in her sorry line again. “I’ve forgiven you”

“Aish. Aren’t you going to hug me??”

“Well, you didn’t participate much Yeol.. ”, Myungsoo added. “My eardrums are hurt due to your shouting at the car”, that made Suzy burst into laughter. “Why you guys..”

“Thanks Jiyeon”, she had held my hand very tight before jumping to Sungyeol’s back. “Wey. What are you eating these days?  Why are you so heavy?”

“Kyaa! Are we ready to go home??”

“So sure we are!”, I replied with gleam smile.

This day will always be cherished forever. And as we grow, may we continue to find each other’s backs and never leave anyone aside--not anymore.

Myungsoo patted my head and whispers at my ear, “Congratulations, Cinderella!”


For all who supported "My Bride is Cinderella", I thank you! <3
You are my inspiration of completing this fic!
With so much love, CandySam

check out my new fic, Relationship Status : Secret