Practical Observations

My Bride is Cinderella

“Why not sleep here tonight??”, Myungsoo offered her as they eat dinner with the Kim’s. Sungyeol was upstairs waiting for Suzy. She was out after Myungsoo and Jiyeon arrived at the house.

 

She puts down her fork, carefully munching some beans. “Here??”

“Yes, why??”, he looks to her and signals her, Dad is observant. We might be caught. “Is there any problem??”, he followed up a question.

“No. Of Course, I would like to”, Jiyeon faked a smile as they continued to eat. How about my school uniform?? It is in Suzy’s house.. I remember, school’s tomorrow. Oh no! I don’t want to be in the headlines.

---

 

Myungsoo arranges his bed and builds up a cot made up of a comforter and a bunch of pillows to keep him warm. “Don’t worry, the school doesn’t know anything..”, he started. “Our marriage contract doesn’t exist for them. I fixed it”, he smiled as he sat in the cot.

Doesn’t exist?? How come he can manage all that stuffs??

“Okay”, the lights went off. Jiyeon was on the bed. She stared at the window. Myungsoo’s room is different from Sungyeol’s, there are many piles of books on his desk. And all his toy cars are arranged on the top shelves. It’s quite small than his brother’s room, but its more.. cozy.

The clock struck ten, and still, she cannot sleep. All of the memories on the past few days bothers her.

What if the school finds out?? Or worst, grandma?? Will she be mad at me that I married this guy just to save our bakery/café?? No, No. It can’t happen! I will not let it happen.

 

She was full of guts and covered herself some blanket. Almost half an hour passed and she’s still not asleep. Maybe she really had a long sleep lately—at the villa.

I can’t take it!! I don’t want to be insomiatic..

Jiyeon carefully watched her steps as she went downstairs to have some milk. “Eh? I wonder if they have milk here..”, Jiyeon checked the refrigerator but sees none. Aha! There’s more to Sungyeol’s!!

She remembers.

And all the way, she climbed up the stairs again and sneaked to Sungyeol’s room.

Quietly as possible. There was a small refrigerator there and she knows where she will find everything. “Huh?? It’s not here?”, her stomach wasn’t that easy to quench. This day, she’s so picky that she wanted milk and not just orange juice. She tried to open slowly the cabinets, but doesn’t find anything. And when she was on her way to exit, she touched something metal and slips it in her hand.

The fork dropped.

And Sungyeol was up.

 

---

“S-Suzy??”, it was a false alarm that Suzy was there.

Oh my, I need to get back to Myungsoo’s room.

“Suzy?? Are you there??”, she can hear  Sungyeol’s footsteps now. Jiyeon was in a midst of trouble. And because of her clumsiness, her dress was hooked in a dining chair. “Get out of it, Oh no!”, she whispered.

“You really want surprises, don’t you??”, she reached for the lights.. Whew, a few more. And the lights . She finally unhooked her dress.

 

But as she turned back, Sungyeol was there. She pursed her lips and not wanting to say a word.

“I missed you”, he hugged her tight.

 

Myungsoo kept on looking for her. He fell half asleep as Jiyeon left the room and awakened by the light because she left the door open. He’s very distracted when there is light. He first searched to Sungyeol’s room, he doesn’t know why.

And as he passed by, he saw something that disturbed him.

What is she doing there??