Chasing Her is Not Enough

My Bride is Cinderella

“Really? thanks Myungsoo!”, a girl from the other line said.

“Hehe, that’s not too big for me.. It is such a pleasure that I am invited to your party. Yeah, Take care. Bye.”, he turned off his phone and headed to the library. While walking, he saw a girl. Her face is like she’s going to cry. She gazed at Myungsoo for a moment, and ran as fast as she can.

 

Sungyeol was following Jiyeon and gasps, but lost her. He didn’t want it to be that way.

“What are you looking at?”, he asked Myungsoo like a kid that was beaten by a big guy.

Myungsoo just walked straight and passed by him.

“Hey”, now Sungyeol puts his hands in Myungsoo’s shoulder. “If you’re planning to hurt another girl once more, please choose a cute one okay?”, then he turned back to him with a cold stare.

“It’s not my intention..” , Sungyeol felt a little sorry for what he have done.

Myungsoo laughed a little, and looked at him in the eyes. “Wow, that’s the first time I heard you say that, brother.” He plugged his earphones and continued. As soon as he took a step, they heard a scream. Sungyeol and Myungsoo looked at each other and ran through the stairs. Jiyeon was in terrible pain.

She sobs, looking at her injured leg. She can’t sit due of what had happened. Myungsoo was the one who first saw her, “Hey--”, “Aaaaaaw!”, she continued to sob.

“Are you okay??”, there was a sweet calm voice. Jiyeon was unable to see his face because she was lying on the floor, but she knows his scent of perfume and by his voice, she can verify that it is Myungsoo.

 “I—It’s just a little accident.”, she replied.

“Here, let me help you.”, he lend out his hand and that was the first time Jiyeon was about to go near him. Yet, because of what bad had happened earlier, she couldn’t sit nor stand. Sungyeol saw this, he was disappointed of himself. He clenched his fist as he watched Myungsoo wraps his arms around Jiyeon and carried her to the clinic to give her first aid med.

  

------

The leaves are falling out from their tree branches. Just like the moment that Sungyeol saw Myungsoo held his precious Jiyeon.  He can’t delete that picture in his mind. It’s like every second it was like the only picture that he can think about. He closed the door of his room, which was very enourmous. All are surrounded by black and white. He opened the television, and kept on switching channels until he found a video of where there are two boys playing basketball. He paused for a second and remembered the time when his mom died.

“Umma, Umma, Umma!”, little Sungyeol gave his farewell to his mother.

“Stop crying, he’s not going to return back.”, his appa tapped him in his shoulder.

 Now, he was living all alone with his father and his half-brother Myungsoo and her step-mother. They were never been alike. But people say that they have many things in common. Myungsoo played the piano every morning, and there was just Sungyeol watching him as their appa gives Myungsoo a hug as a sign of appreciation after he performs. It was since on that day that he hated living in one roof with Myungsoo. He feels that he doesn’t belong anymore to the family after his umma left them.

Then someone knocked on his door, he turned off the television. It was his butler. “Your father wants you to give you this, Sir”, he held out something and bows. It was an invitation.

Sungyeol was a bit uninterested when it comes to celebrations and ceremonies like this. “Say father I am not attending.”, then he gave back the invitation to his butler. “But Sir, I am warned by your father—“

“I don’t care.”

“Sir,-- ”, he slammed the door.

“I am not going!”, he yelled and went to his bed, closed his eyes and opened it again and all that he feels now is the pain of what he unintentionally did to Jiyeon.

 -----

“Excuse me, miss. We need help here”, the nurses office was a little far away from their building.

“Uh, she fell from the stairs”, he placed Jiyeon carefully and sits her in the stretcher, slowly folding out his arms so that her injured leg will not feel more terrible.

This is why the girls cannot keep their sight out of Myungsoo, even the nurses keep on looking at him. He is just too sweet and nice to everybody even though he doesn’t know their names yet.

The nurse examined her leg, “Oh, you got bruises in your forehead too.”, Jiyeon looked up.

“Huh?”, ”Here, look”, Myungsoo took out a mirror.

“Wait for a second, I’ll just get some ice”, the nurse get out of the room.

*BA-THUMP*

Jiyeon felt a little awkward feeling inside when she looked at Myungsoo and he also turned back, not believing herself that she is in front of him now. She placed her palm at her chest, unwanting to feel what she feels now. But she can’t stop her heartbeat beating fast for Myungsoo.