My Overprotective Brother [Baekhyun/OC, side Suho]

The Random Shots

Title: My Overprotective Brother

Pairing: Baekhyun/OC side!Suho

Genre: Fluff

(OC Name; Sumin)

------------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun follows behind Sohyun in anticipation as he smoothens his collared shirt. He grins to himself as they pass by a mirror in the restaurant. Sohyun stops abruptly and breathes in deeply, then turns around to face Baekhyun, her face almost exploding with happiness and excitement.

"Baekhyun ah, otteoke? Suho oppa's there! Do I look okay? How does my breath smell? Does my bracelet match my-"

"Ya Noona, you're just meeting your boyfriend, why are you so uptight about this? Besides, I know Suho hyung really well,"

"Because I'm bringing you, my only kin, to see him and his sister!" she pokes at his chest in annoyance and glares at him.

"Sister? I thought you said-"

"His parents adopted her when she was a baby," she adds in quickly, breathing in deeply again then pulling Baekhyun along with her.

Baekhyun groans in annoyance and he doesn't bat an eyelash at Suho or his sister. That was, until a lovely voice entered his world. He remembers his heart fluttering against his chest. Her voice sounded so beautiful. As he looked up, he swore that his heart skipped a million beats. He only recalls himself being rooted to the chair as he stares into her hazel eyes. She was so beautiful. Perhaps beautiful was an understatement. Sure, she may not be the prettiest girl on Earth, but to him, she was the prettiest girl in his world. 

"H-Hello, I'm Byun Baekhyun," he stammers, forcing himself to shake hands with her. Her smaller hand seems to fit perfectly to his larger ones. He swore he caught a blush appear on her cheeks when they made physical contact. Shyly, the both of them lets go of each other's hand quickly and sits back down besides their siblings.

Suho and SoHyun were busy chattering away and flirting with one another, giving one another secret winks without any thought that their own siblings were right beside them. They don't notice the atmosphere beside them, between both of their siblings. One of shyness and sweetness. Baekhyun looks up at her shyly and tries to hold back a small smile to her. Sumin tucks her hair behind her ear and feels her cheeks burning up a little. Suho tears his attention away from Sohyun and notices his sister's flushed face. He reaches to touch her forehead, asking whether she has a fever but she merely shakes her head quietly.

"Ya Byun Baekhyun, why didn't you tell me that Sohyun was your noona?" Suho says as he sips his glass of water.

"I-I don't know-"

"You're so annoying Mr Byun. Anyway, this is my sister, Sumin. She's from your level, but she belongs to the girls wing,"

Baekhyun chuckles and nods his head away, his eyes failing to look away from Sumin. She only grips Suho's arm in an attempt to stop him from babbling so much nonsense about their sibling love and her embarrassing childhood.

"Oppa ah, wouldn't it be nice if the both of them were together? You know, as a couple!" Suho stops drinking his water and looks at Sohyun in disbelief. She stops midway and forces out an awkward, loud laugh. "Ah, I'm just joking! Aigoo how can our Baekhyun take care of the wonderful Sumin, ne? He's too childish for his own good," Baekhyun stares at Sohyun and bites his lower lip, grinning a little at Suho as he digs into his Sashimi platter. His sister was always being an awkward person. However, he secretly liked the thought of being with Sumin. Now that he thinks of it, he wonders why he never noticed her before.

"Baekhyun isn't that childish though. He can be quite manly at times!" Suho chirps and smiles at Baekhyun, but the smile fades into a little glare. "Yah Byun Baekhyun, don't you dare harbour any thoughts and I mean, any, thoughts towards my sister, understand?! My Sumin is too young and innocent for this!" he says, wrapping a protective arm around her. Sumin blushes and hits Suho's arm in embarrassment in an attempt to make him stop being an embarrassment to her. Suho pouts and hugs her tightly, muttering a few words like get away from bacon and my pure and innocent sister.

Baekhyun shrugs and smiles at her. Sumin notes the small sense of determination in his eyes as he stares at her. She didn't utter a word throughout the entire meal. Maybe it was because she found her own heart beating faster at the sight of Byun Baekhyun.

-------------------------------------------

"Kim Sumin! You've got a love letter, who is it from?!" Suho hollers at Sumin's locker, grabbing the letter that Sumin was reading happily. She pouts and scratches his arm in an attempt to get the letter back, but to no avail.

"I'll kill that brat who tries to hit on my little angel," Suho mutters, opening the letter as Sumin frowns. She felt bad for the person who sent her the letter.

Dearest Sumin, 

You are like an angel to me. Somehow, my heart beats faster every time I see you. Has anyone told you that you're beautiful? Because you are. I hope that you'll notice me more. Sometimes, I feel like an idiot when I stop in the middle of nowhere when I see you. It's like the whole world just stopped. Although I feel like an idiot, I'd rather be an idiot for you and no one else. Although I know that it'll be hard for you to accept me because of a certain Kim Suho, I just want you to know my heart and feelings towards you. You are an amazing girl. I've fell hard and fast for you.

Bacon Strips

"Bacon strips?! What the hell? A bacon stripping? This guy is a joke." Suho says, throwing the letter to the ground. He holds onto Sumin's hand tightly. "Ya, don't get involved with bacons like this okay? Who the hell is 'Bacon Strips'?" Suho grumbles as he leaves Sumin at her loccker. She sighs and bends down to grab the letter, but someone beats her to it. She looks up, only to be greeted with a familiar face. Her cheeks begin to flush again as she stands up and clears , the other person holding onto the letter for her.

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asks as he hands her the letter. Sumin grabs the letter quickly and dusts the dirt off it. She nods her head and gives him a small smile.

"What's that?"

"A letter. From someone," she says, smiling at the letter and holding onto it tightly.

"Who is it from?" he asks, his eyebrow arched.

"You should know who it is from, Bacon Strips oppa," she says, giggling as she grabs her bag and walks away from him.

Was it that obvious?! I thought that Bacon Strips was a secretive name though...

--------------------------------------------

"BYUN BAEKHYUN WHAT ARE YOU DOING- YA!" Suho shouts as Sohyun hugs him from behind, allowing the duo to make their escape, away from Suho. It has been about 4 months since the Bacon Strips incident, leading to Sumin accepting Baekhyun's feelings. 

"I swear Sohyun, I saw Baekhyun's face going close to Sumin's face- It was as though they were about to kiss! I'm going to kill Byun Baekhyun how dare he-"

"Kim Suho, aren't you too old for this?! Sumin's youthful and beautiful, this is her prime time! Besides, Baekhyun likes her a lot, I could see that ever since the first time he saw her. Please, who would be so blind to not notice it except for you?" she pokes his nose and pecks his lips. His anger simmers down immediately as he sighs and hugs Sohyun. 

"I just can't stand seeing my Sumin growing up so fast! Besides, I'm not even sure whether Baek will take good care of her. You know how much I treasure Sumin even though she's not my real sister. She means so much to me!" he sighs loudly, pouting as Sohyun pinches his cheek.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun pulls Sumin away quickly as they spot a familiar, overprotective figure looming from a distance. He swore that he was going to get killed by Suho once he sees Baekhyun again. This time, not even Sumin or Sohyun can help him. Keeping their relationship a secret was tough. Suho was constantly by Sumin's side 24/7 ever since he found the love letter. Also, it was harder to keep Baekhyun away from her because Suho was always bringing Sumin over to the Byun's house just so that he could spent more time with Sohyun. 

Baekhyun groans as he lies down on the patch of grass in the fields with Sumin toppling beside him. She laughs heartily with their hands intertwined together. She rolls over to face Baekhyun as she pecks his cheek, strands of her long hair covering her face. Baekhyun chuckles and tucks the loose hair behind her ear, doing kissy lips and pointing at his lips, in hopes that his lovely girlfriend would comply to his request. Just as she was leaning in closer to him, she stops as her phone rings. Baekhyun fishes out her phone from his bagpack, groaning and smacking his forehead as he realises that Suho was the one calling her. Boldly, he picks up the phone.

"Sumin ah, where are you now? Oppa's coming over to get you! I'll make sure that Byun Baekhyun doesn't get near you, okay?! Sumin ah?"

"Yah Suho hyung, I'll take care of her. Now just spend the night over at Sohyun's okay? I'll make sure she gets back safe! We're out on an adventure!" Baekhyun laughs and ends the call, hugging Sumin by the waist as he plants a kiss on her lips softly. She blushes and slaps his chest softly, her hands playing with Baekhyun's hair as he gazes at her lovingly.

"Oppa, I really like you," she whispers into his ear, nibbling on it softly and giggling as she feels Baekhyun jerk a little from her touch. He laughs and pulls her in for another long, lingering kiss, before the phone rang again. Once again, their sweet moment got disrupted.

Caller: Suho Oppa~

--------------------------------

This wasn't the fic I wanted to type out but still, here's a little update. :)