Sign [Kyuyoung]

The Random Shots

[SooJin's POV.]

I watched as Sooyoung walked down the aisle in a magnificent gown with the veil covering her face. She walked towards the altar as I smiled at her proudly from the first row. Choi SooYoung, my younger sister getting married.That's right, the immature girl I once knew was getting married to this amazing man. The man stood there, smiling at her as she blushed once she reached his side and he linked his arm with her. 

They looked perfect.

I feel so proud of my sister, she finally found her true love. Well then when did it actually start?

I remember in grade 2, SooYoung ran back home and quickly pulled me out of my room.

"Unnie, let's go to the library!" She said as she made me change out of my clothes. I looked at her in confusion. This girl, she never liked going to the library to read, what's going on?

"Yah SooYoung ah, what are you doing?" I asked as she whipped out my library card.

"Let's go to the library now unnie, I want to borrow some books." She said as I laughed and walked with her to the library, with her of course running ahead. I shook my head as we entered the library. She went to the top level which had many books which were too.. complicated should I say, for a grade 2 girl to read. I stared in disbelief as she ran inside the section.

"Youngie ah, your children's section is downstairs, not here! Unnie reads books here." I said as she went to a section- Sign Language.

Okay now I got even more confused. I scratched my head as I watched her rummage through some books on Sign Language and finally pulled out one. She opened the book and sat down on the ground as I joined her.

"What are you doing with this Sign Language book?" I asked as she finally peeled her eyes off the book.

She smiled and told me that there was a newcomer in her school who was mute and she wanted to befriend him using Sign Language.

I smiled as I watched her mimick some of the new Sign Language she learned in the book as I picked up another book with Sign Language, helping her out with her "research.".

I was almost dark when we went home. (We got chased out of the library, actually.)

The next day she came home from school, she was smiling widely as I waved to her. She told me that she successfully befriended the newcomer and she was his only friend. 

I've never seen this newcomer guy but only knew that he was called KyuHyun. After many years, I sort of forgotten about this KyuHyun person, I only remembered the day my sister took up Sign Language in the library. One day, she told me that she was in a relationship with someone for quite some time. I was interested so I suggested her to bring back the man for me to "approve" to her.

That night, I was setting up the dinner tables when the doorbell rang and SooYoung and a man came in, their fingers intertwined. I was just dumbfounded. The man and her looked.. perfect. My SooYoung had really grown into a feminine woman then. I ushered them into the hall as the man held onto her hand tightly. She just smiled at him lovingly and he helped to arrange her bangs as she stuck out her tongue playfully. I chuckled as I watched the two being so sweet to each other.

SooYoung went to the kitchen to get some utensils and our food as I watched her boyfriend look around the house. I decided to break the silence then.

"Hi, I'm SooJin, SooYoung's older sister! What's your name?" I asked as he just shook my hand and looked at me blankly. I repeated my question as he struggled a little. Suddenly, he raised his hands and started to do some.. stuff?

I watched as the man just looked at me apologetically. He started to looked worried. Then I realised.

He was mute. He was using sign language. Then I had one question..

Was he..

"Kyu Honey, can you help me out here?" SooYoung shouted as he stood up and ran to her.

KyuHyun? The newcomer when SooYoung was in grade 2? 

The two came out together as KyuHyun helped her with some dishes and spread them around the table. I stared at KyuHyun in disbelief. He seemed to feel tense and worried now, he grabbed SooYoung's hand and ran into the kitchen. SooYoung looked confused too. Then I peeked and saw KyuHyun doing some Sign Language at SooYoung as she carrassed his face and did sign back to him. Then he looked relax after that. 

"Unnie, this is KyuHyun." She said as I nodded my head.

So he IS KyuHyun.

"He.. was the newcomer in grade 2, right? The one you went to the library for to learn Sign..."I said as SooYoung blushed and KyuHyun looked at her, kissing her cheek.

"Ne.." She said as she and KyuHyun finally sat down. I ate and watched KyuHyun grabbing food for SooYoung while she helped to wipe KyuHyun's mouth when some sauce stained it. KyuHyun finally looked up and did some sign at me as I tried hard to recall what that was.

He repeated the sign and I nodded my head. "No problem."I said as I continued eating.

He said Thank You in sign.

Soon, KyuHyun had to bring SooYoung to his parent's house. I laughed and I realised, they wanted approval.

"Thank you, for taking care of Youngie since grade 2." I said as KyuHyun smiled and bowed to me. He passed me a small gift which SooYoung told me that he picked it by himself. It was a watch and I accepted it happily as I watched the two from afar walking on the road together as KyuHyun put his jacket around SooYoung and plant a kiss on her lips.

That night, I lay on my bed as I smiled to myself.

Two people of completely different lives somehow intertwined each other. A boy who was mute somehow fell in love with a determined girl since grade 2, it was touching, to me. There was so much for me to know about the two of them. Well as a sister, many may think of me as a bossy woman, but really, this love between two completely different people enticed me.

I'm really interested to know how their ending may be.

Well then back to this scene. Now I see my sister gazing at the man beside her lovingly as they ignored the priest talking about those usual things, taking care of each other, loving each other till death does them apart.. they just gazed at each other and waited till the crucial question was popped up.

Then it did. The man now fully turned his body to my sister as he responded. 

And here, I see my sister Signing, "I Do," Back to the man.

==============================