Silent [CHANGSOO]

The Random Shots

"YunHo! Stop stealing my food!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I chased after YunHo as Jaejoong and JunSu followed behind him, running down the corridor. It was recess and obviously I was so damn hungry. I mean, I love eating. You can't blame me for that.. Time to hunt for my food.

Stupid Jung Yunho, stealing my food.. and JunSu and JaeJoong.. helping him.. idiots.. idiots.. I'll kill them for taking my food.. MY FOOD! ARGH MY FOOD-

"Ah!" I bumped into a girl as the books on her hands flew off her hands, sprawled everywhere. I cupped my mouth and quickly helped to get her books. Aish, why did I think of revenge while running?

"Sorry! I'm really sorry!" I said as I helped to gather the books. Just as I was about to reach for the Chemistry book, I touched her hand. That feeling. I can't seem to described it no matter how hard I tried. I turned my head to meet her face as I watched her face flushed with embarrassment, her hands quickly removing from the book and standing up. I took the book and stood up, facing her. She wiped off the dust around the books as I observed her.

She quickly tucked her hair to the back and looked up to me, her face crimson red. She quickly bowed to me and ran off, obviously shy.

One word.

Pretty.

-----------------------------------------------

For the past few weeks, I tried finding more information on the girl. Why hadn't I noticed her before? She must be some quiet figure in our level. But with her looks, she can get many suitors right? Anyway, I bumped into her on several occassions, throwing her a small smile as she blushed and bowed at me. She'd never talked to me before.

"Yah, Changmin!" YooChun pinched my cheek as I turned back to him.

"What!?"

"You're spacing out! So unlike you." He said as he stared at me curiously. I snorted and sighed, thinking about the mysterious girl. So far, none of my research had helped.

"Ah.. Girl problem! So who is it?!" YooChun shouted as he crouched nearer towards me. I pushed him back a little as he pouted and let his hands support his chin on the table.

"Who? Who is it? You know that I know everyone, from hot ones to your nerd type of people, keke."

"Aish shut up.." I trailed off as I spotted the girl. Wait, she has the same recess as me today?! I watched as she strided forward and boy was she tall. She pointed to the bread she wanted to buy and happily paid the money, walking towards an empty seat at the far end of the corner, eating quietly by herself. There she was going unnoticed by everyone. Except for me.

YooChun turned and looked at the direction my gaze was transfixed at. He squinted his eyes throughout the crowd and finally saw her. The mysterious, yet beautiful stranger I've always wanted to know.

"Ah, ChangMin, staring at the girl there? At the corner?"

I looked at YooChun and went closer to him.

"Hyung, what's her name?"

YooChun chuckled and gave a cheeky face to me.

"Why would you want to know HER name? She doesn't talk, at all! It's as though she's mute but she's not! She only make small sounds, doesn't like talking I guess. But hey, she's pretty. I've noticed you smiling at her sometimes.. Should have known! Yah, wanna hit on her?" he asked as I blushed, trying to keep a straight face. Just as I wanted to ask for her name, JaeJoong, YunHo and Junsu had already came and sat down, chatting happily to us. I eyed at YooChun to not talk about this and he understood, nodding his head. Just as we were about to leave the table, YooChun whispered to me,

"Choi SooYoung,"

----------------------------------------------------

Choi SooYoung. Choi SooYoung. Choi SooYoung. 

The name that kept me awake in Math the whole day. I tapped on my pen irritatedly as JunSu shook me, pointing at the teacher who was staring at me.

"Mr Shim ChangMin, if you would care to tell me, what is the lady's name here?" she shouted as I looked at the person standing infront of the whiteboard. She was blushing heavily and looking downwards.

I couldn't hide my excitement as YooChun grinned widely. YunHo slipped a paper to me telling that the girl just joined our new Maths class but they couldn't help me with other details for the girl didn't talk at all, and only the teacher was mumbling while I was tapping away. 

I shocked everyone by standing up. YunHo turned and looked at me while YooChun shook his head.

"CHOI SOOYOUNG,"

Silence filled the room as the girl looked up at me in pure shock. Cute. She started to panic as she fiddled with her fingers that were holding the mass of books.

"Good, you've been listening. She shall sit beside you then Mr Shim ChangMin, you shall help her with Mathematics if she has any problems, arraseo?!" the teacher pointed at the empty seat beside me which was occupied with my bag.  I continued standing as though I was transfixed to the ground. Why am I so tensed now? The teacher continued with lessons as SooYoung walked towards my desk, standing beside the chair. I quickly took the bag away and placed it on the ground, letting her sit on the chair as she blushed and met my gaze.

She blinked her eyes as she bowed a little and gave a small smile. I smiled back and extended my hand.

"Shim ChangMin. You're Choi SooYoung right?" 

she nodded her head and slowly extended her hand, shaking mine.

"Mr Shim ChangMin, one more time not listening to me, and you and Miss Choi SooYoung will stand outside class doing frog jumps!" She screamed as SooYoung sat straight and kept her eyes infront, stealing furtive glances at my side sometimes.

Fate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly, we got closer (as seatmates in Math) but we never talked before. Only the casual nod or smile. I guess that's progress. I'd never wished for anything more with her. YooChun says that I'm crushing on her, while YunHo says that it's love in first sight. But really, I don't know. 

One day, just this day. Things changed.

SooYoung nudged me on the shoulder as I turned to face her eagerly as she slowly held out her hand and grabbed mine, her other hand on the table coming close to my hand. I trembled a little. The weird feeling never fails to kick off when I see her.

Then her finger touched my palm.

She started writing on my palm.

I was confused but focussed on what she was trying to write.

How do you do this question?

That's what she wrote. I picked up the pencil and started doing the sum while explaining at the same time, looking at her while smiling happily. Am I the first one she'd write on the palm with? Am I the first one she has ever smiled at?

Again, she held out my hand and wrote the words, Gomawo, ChangMin sshi.

--------------------------------------------------

"Yah you! How can you steal my oppa? and YunHo and Junsu and YooChun and Jaejoong oppa! Why are you so close to them? Unpopular and mute and dumb people like you should get out of the way! Stop clinging onto them! And stop thinking that you're so close to ChangMin oppa, get a life! Ugh!" YeonHee screamed as she pushed SooYoung onto the wall, clinging onto her hair and slapping her cheeks. I was walking up the stairs when I saw that.

Quickly, I released YeonHee from SooYoung and pushed her away, protecting SooYoung as I threw my arms around SooYoung's body, stopping YeonHee from abusing SooYoung.

"C-ChangMin.. Oppa.."

"Oppa? How dare you call me oppa when I'm not even close to you! Get out of my sight, now! And you can tell your bunch of friends, whoever dares to do this to SooYoung or talk behind her back, they'll get it from you. Now leave!" I hollered as YeonHee scampered, running out of the stairway.

I hugged SooYoung as she hugged herself, burrying her face in between her legs. I pulled her arms away and hugged her as I her hair.

"It's alright, I'm here, don't cry.." I whispered as she suddenly tugged onto my shoulders, pulling herself closer to me as she burst out crying.

That was the first time I heard a sound made from her.

Also the first time I swore to protect her.

And the time when I found the answer to my doubt.

I'm in love.

------------------------------------------------------------

Soon enough, SooYoung and I were close enough to walk home together, going out sometimes (but rarely.) I stood at my locker as I watched SooYoung approach her locker further down the hallway, replacing some books as JunSu and JaeJoong nudged me, chuckling as they tried to push me towards her direction, but my gaze never tore away from her.

She looked at my direction and smiled, blushing a little.

"Now's your chance, don't lose it!" JaeJoong said as he pushed me with all his might to SooYoung, with my other buddies standin around me and SooYoung. These people always make us shy in awkward situations.

"Aww, shy couple! Shy Shy, so cute!" JunSu squeaked as JaeJoong nudged me again, I scratched the back of my head as I looked up to her shyly, her face red as she looked at me. Soon enough, YunHo and JunSu started to go crazy and started shouting some mantras like what, Changsoo, or cute couple. 

Honestly, I like it. 

But this made SooYoung flush even more. Quickly, I slipped my hand in her's and pulled her away from the bunch of crazy people and led her down to the lake nearby the school. She laughed (with sound) as she panted, sitting down on the grass beside me.

"Sorry about those people, they're.. crazy," I chuckled as I looked at her, blushing again. 

My hand went to her face, thumb carressing a side of her cheek which was pinkish. She stopped laughing and looked at me innocently as I smiled, cupping her face with my hands.

"I like your blush. Keep them,"I whispered as she stared at me, her cheeks getting redder  again. 

She removed one of my hands and wrote on my hand.

Do you have anything to tell me?

I nodded shyly and went closer to her, holding her both hands now. This is the only chance. It's now or never, I told myself as I plucked the courage and wrote on her hand,

SooYoungie, I know it's crazy that we've only met for half a year, and it was my mistake for not noticing you earlier. But I-

I paused a while as I looked at her, she looked as though she was anticipating something.

I love you.

I wrote. Once I finished the , I looked at her. Her eyes were fixated at my finger on her palm as I held her hands and squeezed it slightly. She looked up and looked deadpan somehow. Did I say something wrong? Does she not feel the same way as I did?

-----------------------------------------

Oppa...

Me too.

She wrote slowly as she smiled, looking back at me again. That radiant smile of her's, oh how I can never forget it.

I smiled as I hugged her tightly, kissing her temple at the same time. 

Even though I wasn't sure whether she meant that she'd be mine forever, I'd just treat it as that way. I pulled away and leaned in closer to her, but before I cuold be near her lips, she muttered something out.

"Oppa," she said softly as I looked at her.

She's talking. 

To me.

"SooYoung-"

"Saranghae," she said softly as she kissed me on my lips, letting me taste her. I smiled against her lips and pulled her closer, not caring whether the onlookers stared at us or scolded us for kissing in our school uniforms.

It's just me and her, isn't it?

------------------------------------------------------------------

ahhh okay this was out of randomness, AGAIN. I can only say that it was rushed because I had exams tomorrow and I just had the urge to write. Anyway, I wanted this to be a kyuyoung initially since I felt that KyuHyun suited the more shy yet sweet personality for the male character her but I decided to choose ChangMin, a change.

Well seems like I can imagine ChangMin being sweet too. :)

I'm going on hiatus till maybe 15 October because I have exams, sorry! ): but I can give you updates or random tweets on my official casettetapesxo AFF twitter account! It's been there for sometime but I never told you all, sorry. Here's the link!

http://twitter.com/#!/casettetapesxo

follow when you can! :)