Year 2050 II [Changsoo]

The Random Shots

She felt as though her heart was failing. She hadn't seen ChangMin for a whole week. Her hooded eyes just stared at the same white ceiling every day, only sometimes where she'd see the tiles on the floor when they made her sit up, checking up on her. 

She didn't, no. She couldn't believe what ChangMin did.

No.. I'm sure he has a reason.. He has a reason.. He loves me. He does.

Her head ached again. Her heartbeat went slower, paining her as it did so. Her mind started doubting.

I love him, but does he?

Tears filled her eyes, but she didn't allow herself to cry. Her tears were precious.

Up till now, she was still confused. She refused to believe that ChangMin was a bad person. She refused to take in what others said that ChangMin's acts were just fake. No matter what they said, she just ignored them, blocking them off.

ChangMin, I hope you know how much I love you. I really do. But why are you doing this to me?

------------------------------------------------------

"We'll do some check ups on her and do a scan on her brain. Since we know what mutations say ........"

All he could hear were screams, cries, shouts of his name.

"ChangMin? ChangMin, are you listening? You've been spacing out," TOP waved his hand in front of him, causing ChangMin to turned back abruptly, looking back at the older man.

"What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing,"

"Then good, because I was talking about what we should do with the mutation in the room. By the way..

You did a good job in tricking her. She fell for it. Now she's such a willing party."

ChangMin forced out a smile as guilt kicked into him.

Tricking her. Tricking SooYoung.

Another sleepless night kicked in, causing ChangMin to stir in his sleep. She appeared in his dream again, in the meadows, dancing around in the white knee length dress he first bought for her, with his hat on her head. She was smiling and pulling him along to her silly dance, jumping up and down. Her laughter. Her smile. It was kept in there.

But a shatter.

She stopped smiling, and the scene came back again.

Her screaming as the medics pulled her onto the bed, tying her up, sedating her. Her shouting out for his name as he walked out of the room as though it was a magnificent job he did in tricking her, as though he had no regrets.

He shot up suddenly, eyes wide open.

SooYoung..

----------------------------------------------------------------

She was freed from the ropes, but she was stuck on the bed. She looked around the room as the scientists, (she finally knew who they were), were tapping on the devices again. Her every action was being watched. And this was definitely not good. Something was going to happen. She was sure of it.

The large metal door opened, followed by the man and his group of scientists.. and ChangMin.

"TOP sshi, what is our task today?"

"Characteristic observation. Note down what her reactions are, whatever we do to her,"

She was bewildered. What was that? She watched as the scientists eyed her like a hawk, as TOP walked towards her and held her chin, making her face him.

"Well well, a mutation," she growled, feeling enraged. The scientists tapped into their devices again. What was going on? She watched as ChangMin stood at the side, watching her. Was that worry she saw in his eyes? Because she bet that he was worried that whatever he did might fail.

She glared at TOP and moved her head away from him, breathing heavily as she made eye contact with ChangMin. He'd gone down, he didn't look as energetic as before. He was quiet. He looked troubled.

What did they do to him? Did they inject something to him? What did they do to her ChangMin?

She stood up and moved towards him, but got pulled back as TOP held her back with some other medics. She screamed, baring her fangs as they pulled her down harder, forcing her to stay at a position but she couldn't. 

She just wanted to touch him. 

How much she missed ChangMin now. 

She screamed at the top of her lungs, a high pitch scream as they call it. The windows vibrated as TOP covered , anger was shown in her eyes. 

"SHUT UP YOU MUTATION! KEEP HER QUIET!" TOP shouted, pushing her down with all his might. Everyone pushed her down more, as ChangMin neared her, shocked. The innocent girl, the sweet one, had practically lost her mind.

He hated to see them torture her.

"Stop it!" he shouted as the medics played a high pitch note into her ear, full blast. He pushed the medic away as SooYoung screamed louder, her body out of control.

"Stupid mutation.. Stupid mutation!" TOP used his might and strangled SooYoung, outraged that the mutation had turned so aggressive. The others backed off as they watched him strangle the mutation tightly, the mutation gasping for air. ChangMin grabbed TOP's hand and pulled them off as he watched SooYoung choke more, less air getting into her body as she held back the tears that threatened to fall.

"LET GO! YOU'LL KILL HER!" ChangMin pushed TOP away and held onto SooYoung's shoulders as she gasped for air rapidly, her eyes wide open.

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING THERE?! COME HELP HER ALREADY. SHE'S LACKING OXYGEN. QUICK." the medics got to their feet and immediately put the mask over her face, trying to pump in more oxygen as TOP glared at ChangMin, pushing him to the wall.

"Who the hell are you to stop me? What the hell were you doing when you pushed me away to let that mutation live?! We had a deal with this. If she told us information, I'd let you have anything you want,"

"You're killing her! She'll die, you won't gain-"

"You'll lose her? Is that it?"

ChangMin fell into silence. He didn't want to lose her.

"Th-That's not it!"

"Then?! Then what are you doing by stopping me?!"

"You'll kill her!"

"Shim ChangMin, I'll get back to you later, you better watch out," TOP pushed ChangMin harder to the wall as he walked out of the room, leaving SooYoung on the bed, lying on the bed limply by her side while the medics left. ChangMin fell to the ground as he watched SooYoung still gasping for air, her mutation body weak from the strangle.

He crawled to her side, pushing himself to stand up as he watched her breathe, as though it was a tedious job. Slowly, he moved the streak of hair that covered her beautiful face, carressing her cheek as he did so.

"Don't ever cry, SooYoung. Even if you want to give up, remember that you have to survive, for me and you."

======================

errrrr, 2-3 more parts? ^_^