Year 2050 I [Changsoo]

The Random Shots

She sat in the cellar, looking up at the sole window up there with bars over it. How she longed for the freedom outside again.

Year 2050; a different year from what you all might think. The Earth was split into two types of people. Mutations, Normal beings. Normal beings, human in this case, hated mutations. It all started from a failed experiment from a Scientist, accidentally creating special kinds of humans.

She happened to be one of the experimented kinds, descended from her own parents.

Mutations could blend in to human's surroundings, but once they were found, they were in trouble.

Mutations like her were unlucky to get caught then.

Normal beings wanted to know how mutations lived and so on, and probably fabricate lies of how bad mutations were. Mutations are special beings who look like humans, who possess powers and such. They were special. But not many could blend in as well with the normal human society.

"Choi SooYoung!" the man outside wearing a special guard with another man in a suit entered. They smelled like humans. There they were again, trying to question her. She just looked at them, and noticed the bar behind their backs.

"Mutation.. Tell me.. Everything about you all.."

She just looked at them, frightened.

"Tell me! If you tell me, you'll be safe. And I'll promise that I'll protect you and your family of Mutations.."

Lies. They were all lies. They killed her parents then. She put up a strong face, and put up a big fight with them as they hit her. She tried to unleash her powers but to no avail. The area was protected and the barriers stopped her from using her powers.

"TELL US! NOW!" the man shouted again as he slapped her, her cheek bleeding on the left. She shook her head, not wanting to disclose anything. "Idiot.. Swekoon sali, bonkras! Fontique shoera, kon!" Only mutations like her would understand that. The humans knew their language now. But it didn't matter anymore, for mutations knew other languages too.

She cowered in fear at one side as the man took out the bar behind him, hitting her as she screamed in pain, huddling at a corner while the other mutations screamed, moving to another side as they cried out loud. SooYoung felt blood drizzle down her arm as she screamed in pain. She felt as though tears were going to escape her eyes, but she wouldn't let herself cry.

She had to be strong.

The man hit her head repeatedly and soon, she succuumed to the darkness.

"Take her to the white room, she's the only one who understands us from those stupid mutations. Keep her there! She will tell us everything she knows, she will!" the man shouted, while the guards pulled her weak body out.

----------------------------------------------

She blinked her eyes profusely, only to get distracted by the lights of the ceiling. She looked around and sat up. The room was so clear, and the glass window, she could see through. She wasn't in the cellar anymore. She watched as some English men tapped on some devices, observing her as she shook her head. She tried using her powers, but when she tried, it ached so much. She couldn't feel her powers at all. Normally, there would be a surge of energy, but nothing!

She went hysterical. Her powers were gone, weren't they? She ran to the glass window, banging at it and screaming angrily. They her powers away. The English men only smiled and tapped away. What was she, an experimentation? A toy? She bared her fangs at them as they hurriedly copied down more notes. Then, she closed and hit the window again and again.

The room was cleaner, but it was so much smaller. All she could see was people tapping away, observing how she reacted. She felt so scrunched up.

---------------------------------------------------

"ChangMin, you can go in now. Be careful of her," the man said, opening the door for him.

SooYoung looked at the door and watched as a man neared her, standing infront of her. She looked at him. He was handsome, charming. He had a warm smile which could melt hearts.

She could feel her heart beating unusually. Was it another work of the humans, or was it because of him? He extended his hand and smiled at her, bending down to her eye level.

"Hi, I'm Shim ChangMin," he said, smiling as she looked at him cautiously.

"You're SooYoung right?"

She nodded her head and extended her head, shaking his hand lightly.

The warmth from his hand, it made her heart race even more. She could feel her cheeks burning up, blushing. He smiled and winked at her, sitting beside her.

"Yah, mutations are even charmed by me?" she felt herself blush more as she adjusted her fringe. What's happening? Was this was humans called.. Love at first sight?

---------------------------------------------------

Everyday he'd spend time with her. even bring her out since she was a powerless mutation now. Slowly, the two became closer and closer, beknownst to each other that a dark secret loomed ahead, and that both were falling in love with each other. Until one day, ChangMin couldn't take it anymore.

"SooYoungie?" he entered the room and looked as SooYoung adjusted her hairpin.

"Oppa!"

"Youngie ah, let's go out okay?"

He grabbed her hand and pulled her out, but was stopped by the professor.

"ChangMin, I'll see you later alright?" ChangMin just nodded his head and continued smiling, pulling SooYoung out to a river. He stood infront of her as she looked at him curiously, not sure what he was doing.

"You're so cute.." he whispered while blushing, brushing her hair to the back. She just smiled sweetly and went closer to him.

"Oppa, is there something you want to say?" there it goes again, her heartbeats. It was irregular whenever he was with her.

"SooYoung ah.. You.. You.. Even though I'm human and you're mutation.. You're beautiful. And, I just want to tell you.." ChangMin breathed in deeply, clearing his throat while SooYoung blushed, watching him.

"I love you,"

she felt her heart race even faster than usual. He.. loves me?

"Be my girlfriend?" he took out a small ring while looking at her. He hoped that she would accept him though.

"I.. Oppa, do you want me too?"

He nodded his head happily as she put her left hand infront of him. The ring fitted into her finger perfectly. She then noticed that he had the same ring too.

"Saranghae, I love you so much. You don't know how worried I was about your reaction and I planned this so long.. I.. I'm so happy.." he was breathless as he pulled her in closer, kissing her passionately on the lips. She smiled in between the kiss, putting her hands around his neck, while his hands on her waist.

----------------------------------------------------

But good things don't last.

She was dressing up for their 1st anniversary that night, when ChangMin burst into the room, hugging her tightly suddenly. She saw his worried look but she got pulled away. She started screaming as the men pinned her down on the bed, tying her up with special ropes. She screamed as ChangMin got led to the side by the same professor then.

"ChangMin, you've done a good job over these 2 years. She'll finally tell us about mutations now. Thank you!" the professor patted his back as ChangMin walked out with him, with an emotionless face.

"ChangMin.. Min.. ChangMin..!" she screamed as they injected her a drowsy medicine. 

"Min.. what's going on? Tell me.. Don't hurt me.. Please.. Please... ..."

==============================================

will be followed up by part 2 soon!