The Festival

1000 Year with you

Narrator’s POV

 

“Ok, listen up. It is almost our class’s turn for the duet and shortly afterwards will be your solos. Do your best and keep calm,” Sujin instructed as Minho stood at the side and listened.

 

“Next, let’s have Kibeom and Haemin from Class 2SA perform a duet song – ‘Our Love Like This’!” cheered the MC.

 

“Fighting!” Minho and Sujin whispered, along with a hand pose.

 

The both of them – Kibeom and Haemin, nodded looking at each other, took a deep breath, and walked onto the stage. Soon, the song commenced. Anyone below the stage could feel the song tugging at their heartstrings. It was obvious the two were in love, and certainly, this brought to the jealousy of a certain person – Park Rin.

 

Park Rin stormed out of the auditorium – full of grudge, hate and jealousy. The one she loves is stolen away, it should belonged to her, and only her.

 

Hyundong followed behind Park Rin, and they sat at the staircase. No one was walking pass as everyone is in the auditorium right now. They sat quietly and out of a sudden, Park Rin hugs Hyundong, “Help me...”

 

Hesitating but he agreed, “ok... tell me what should I do to help you...”

 

Meanwhile back at the auditorium...

 

“You guys did awesome!” Sujin wrapped her arms around Haemin’s arm as Haemin walks out the stage.

 

“Well, of course,” Kibeom said with much confidence.

 

“Haemin Iet’s go. I’ll help you prepare for your solo later,” Sujin said and walked off with Haemin.

 

“Dude, you just got ignored,” Minho laughed. “Come on, you need to change too.”

 

Kibeom rolls his eyes and went with Minho too.

 

“Kibeom!” jumped out Jonghyun suddenly from the side of the wall.

 

“Yah, hyung how –”

 

“I’m a magician. Don’t ask,” Jonghyun said blowing his fringe with a pose, trying to look cool.

 

Kibeom and Minho vomited together and walked away ignoring Jonghyun. “Yah!”

 

“So did I missed out anything interesting?”

 

“No. You didn’t at all,” Kibeom said coldly.

 

“You missed his duet with Haemin,” Minho whispers softly into his ear.

 

“Yah Minho, I can hear you loud and clear,” Kibeom shouted.

 

“Yah you rude kid! Don’t interrupt our conversation!” Jonghyun said agitatedly.

 

Kibeom kept quiet and mumbled to himself whereas Jonghyun and Minho gossips about him and Haemin. Occasionally laughter was heard amongst their conversation too and Kibeom got irritated so he decided to leave the room to get a drink. On his way to getting a drink, Kibeom heard Haemin’s and Sujin’s voice.

 

“... remember to do it alright?”

 

“But... Sujin...”

 

“You have to and...” Sujin mutters into Haemin’s ear and Kibeom couldn’t hear it.

 

“Alright? Let’s go find the boys and see if they are done yet.”

 

“Oh, damn, they’re coming my way. Oh my god,” Kibeom panics as he hears footsteps coming nearer and he ran back to his changing room where Minho and Jonghyun were at.

 

He slams the door behind him and startled the other two in the room. “What’s wrong? Why are you panicking?” asked his hyung.

 

“No –nothing,” and he fakes a cough and sits at a corner.

 

The door opened again and Sujin and Haemin appeared behind it. “Oh... we get it,” the other two males laughs and teases as they understood why Kibeom was so frantic just now.

 

The girls were puzzled. “What is this commotion about?” asked Sujin curiously.

 

“Nothing much, just some guys humour among the three of us,” answered Jonghyun while Minho laughs loudly away as he took a glance at Kibeom who is looking annoyed in one corner.

 

“Whatever. Why are you here anyway?” Sujin pointed at Jonghyun with a straight face on.

 

“Why? Of course I’m here to support my little brother!”

 

Oh.

 

“Were you expecting more?” Jonghyun joked.

 

“Kibeom, Haemin, let’s get to the backstage now. It should be your turn soon,” and there Sujin went with the ‘couple’.

 

“You two are awkward...” Minho commented.

 

Jonghyun shrugs and gaze at the opened door soullessly.