Practice #2

1000 Year with you

 

10 March 2012, Seoul High Private Academy, Audio Room

 

** Sujin POV **

 

I could hear Kibeom humming as the song plays in the background and Haemin sits quietly as she followed the lyrics. The song came to an end and another song played.

“So, how’s it? Good?” I asked loud enough for them to hear.

“Ms. Sca-Sujin of course it’s going great! I’m Kibeom for your information” Kibeom smirked, “Right Haemin?”

His smirk instantly changed into a bright smile when he looked at Haemin.

I’m being forgotten immediately. This confirms it even further” I thought to myself and let out a loud cough.

A tissue packet was placed in front of me and Haemin gave me a small smile, “You should rest if you’re sick.”

That was not my intention…” I thought to myself as a part my plan was being ruined. “Thanks” I gave her a smiled and pull out a piece of tissue. “I have to think of something else”

 

Right, I bet you’re curious about my plan huh? Well it was to test whether the both of them lik-” I was thinking to myself and got cut off by this guy in front of me.

“Ms. Scary, need some whitening cream? Your face is as black as a charcoal now. Oh, and maybe some moisturizing cream too, since your face seem scrunched up” he joked sarcastically.

“Thanks but no thanks” I answered and rolled my eyes.

Right, as I was thinking, I’m testing whether if they liked each other. And this punk in front of me has to disturb my thoughts. Urgh and I hate it when people do that” I rolled my eyes and a brilliant plan came into my head.

“Are you ready to perform?” I challenged them and walked towards the disc player.

Kibeom whispered to Haemin and she nodded. Holding hands, they walked to the front and I plugged in the microphone and passed it to them. I dragged a chair and sat down in front of them.

“Go on” I nodded my head and pressed ‘3’ on the remote.

 

*** Fast forward ***

 

** Kibeom POV **

 

Clap clap clap” Sujin clapped her hands rapidly.

“Whoa you’re great! The two of you are really synchronized!” Sujin complimented. “You sing like you’re really in love with one another.”

“Yah, have you never ever seen best friends before?” I defended myself.

“Hae-” I turn to look at Haemin and her face was slightly pink.

 

** Sujin POV **

 

I crossed my arms and observe the two of them. It seems like I’ve become invisible.

Kibeom turn to look at her and his cheeks started turning pink. Haemin’s face was getting redder and redder while she plays with her fingers. Their gestures… definitely…

 

I cleared my throat and Kibeom turn away from Haemin immediately.

What a cute couple” I thought and laughed to myself.

“What are you laughing at?” Kibeom stuttered with his words.

“Nothing” I gave him an innocent smile and grabbed a notebook from my bag.

“Write down your emails for me, there is more to do” I uncapped the pen and handed it to Haemin with the notebook.

 

Haemin penned down her email and handed it to Kibeom and he wrote down his too.

I took a look at their emails and closed the book.

“I’ll add the two of you tonight so you guys better accept it alright?” I ordered.

“It’s getting late now, let’s get back home” I grab my bag and walked out of the door.

 

** Jonghyun POV **

 

I see Kibeom walking out of the gate with Haemin and Sujin. I smirked to myself and drive towards them.

“Hey brother and two pretty ladies” I pulled down my sunglasses and smiled brightly at them.

“What are you doing here?” Kibeom stared at me and gave me the what-are-you-doing-here look.

I gave him a small wink to assure him I will not be up to any tricks and he scoffed.

“Heading home? Need a drive?” I took out my glasses and fold it, leaving it hang on my shirt pocket.

“I can go by my-” Sujin said and I cut her off.

“It’s dangerous for a girl to go home this late and I’m a gentleman so I’ll drive you home alright? And as for my brother he’ll send his girl- Haemin back home. He’ll send Haemin home and I’ll send you home. Perfect combination huh?” I said it all at a go and grinned at her.

“Alright then” Sujin sighed and walked to the other side of the car.

I opened the door for her from inside and she got in.

“Good luck bro” I stuck my tongue out at him and drove off.

 

“So where do you live?” I drove aimlessly looking around the streets and landed my gaze on her.

“Myeongdo Street 28, block 2” She answered me and took out a notebook from her bag.

I started driving towards her house and sneak a few looks at her.

“What’s that?” I asked curiously.

“It’s a notebook” She raised her brows.

I just got owned by her. Kim Jonghyun what are you doing? Asking a dumb question” I bite my lips and scolded myself.

“Oh. Haha right sorry” I answered awkwardly.

She let out a soft laugh and looked at me. “What are you sorry for? You didn’t do anything to me.”

“It’s just that I have asked a dumb question, so…” I answered while focusing on the road.

“It’s alright, you’re just curious aren’t you” Sujin looked at me and smiled.

“A little I guess?” I smiled awkwardly at her.

‘Block 3’ is shown on the sign and I stopped in front of the building. It was at least 30 stories tall…

“Whoa… you… live here?” I asked with my mouth hanging.

“Yeah” Sujin said and got off the car.

She walked to my side of the window and knocked on it, “Thanks for the ride.”

She turned around and walked a few steps and walked back again.

“And please help me to remind your brother to online tonight as we have to continue with the preparations for the annual festival” Sujin said and really left this time.

“Online… I can get her email from his naver account!” I cheered mentally and pushed a button. The car window closes and I speed home.

 

Lee’s Residence

 

** Kibeom POV **

 

“Sorry, my brother is a little…” I apologized as I mentally cursed him.

How can I possibly think that he is there to fetch me? Obviously not, he’s there to hit on Ms. Scary. Psh, what’s so good about her? Haemin is much better and she is- Kim Kibeom what are you thinking of now? Back to earth” I thought and face-palmed myself.

Haemin suddenly chuckled and looked at me, “Kibeom what are you doing? You have been doing those weird gestures for a while now.”

“Oh, Uh, It’s just some new dancing moves I came up with, cool huh?” I made up a stupid excuse and now I’m mentally face-palming myself even harder.

Haemin paced herself and stood in front of me, “Alright weirdo,” she merong me and walked ahead.

“Yah Haemin! You know how to give people nicknames now huh?” I took bigger steps and caught up with her.

“Thank you Kibeom, I’m home now. I enjoyed my first time walking home with you” Haemin stood in front of the gate and smiled shyly.

Her smile was dazzling under the sunset, “why the sun does always shines on her and make my heart thumps even quicker…”

“Kibeom are you alright? Your face is red” Haemin stretched out her hand towards my face and caressed it.

I backed off in shock; her action makes my heart thumps even quicker than before. I turn around and looked at her.

“I’m fine Haemin, shall we write our dairy entries?” I smiled and rubbed my cheekbones nervously.

She smiled nodding her head and I took out the dairy for her to write.

 

*** *** ***

 

10 March 2012, Beomin Dairy Entry

 

Min’s Entry

 

Today, we had our first practice for the upcoming annual festival, it went good and Sujin complimented us. It was enjoyable for me, my first time singing, my first practice with friends, and my first time walking home with Kibeom. I had a lot first times today.

With Love,

Haemin

 

*** *** ***

 

I watched Haemin as she writes down her entry. The side of her lips was slight curved up, which says today’s a happy day for her.

“Here” Haemin smiles passing back the dairy to me.

I took it and kept it inside my bag.

“You’re not going to write it?” Haemin pouts slightly with puppy eyes looking at me.

“Aigoo, I’ll go home and write it alright? It’s a promise. You should get back home now, your Abeoji will be worried” I laughed a little while ruffling her fringe.

“Ne beo-mi~” she sang cutely.

“That’s my good girl” I praised her.

She pushed open the gates and went in. Turning around to give me a final wave before her figure disappear into the background. I left the premises and took a cab home.

 

Kim’s Residence, Kibeom’s Room

 

I pulled out my keys from my pocket and open the door. The house was silent and empty. Seems like no one’s home yet. I climbed up the stairs and headed to my room. I took out the dairy and throw my bag onto my bed. Sitting in front of my desk, I took a pen from the penholder and uncapped it.

 

*** *** ***

 

Beom’s Dairy

 

Today, you made my heart thump again day better by smiling. I’m glad to be your first Haemin. What I’ve promised you will always be a promise.

With Love,

Kibeom

 

*** *** ***

 

Finishing my entry, I flipped to the page where the photo was pasted. I looked at the photo and a smile formed on my face. “Haemin…” Closing the book, I put it aside and switched on my laptop. I tapped the keyboard lightly waiting for it to boot up.

“Naver Naver…” I muttered to myself as I clicked on the naver icon and logged into my account. I checked my online list and Haemin isn’t online yet and Ms. Scary haven’t added us. I decided to take a bath first and left my dairy and laptop on. Grabbing a few casual yet fashionable home clothes, I took off my school blazer and threw it onto my bed.

I closed the bathroom door and open the running water. Leaving my clean clothes on top of the shelf that is drilled into the wall; I took off my sweaty uniform and put it into the basket for washing.

 

** End of Chapter 8 **