Entering the Darkness

1000 Year with you

Sujin held Haemin’s hand in hers as everything that has just happened replays in her mind and how she hoped that all these was just an imagination, a delusion of hers. Haemin, hurry and wake up already. I don’t know what to do any longer. Things are in a mess and… I don’t know anymore. Wake up and tell me what to do Haemin. What can I do to help you? I was right in front of you, but I couldn’t save you. It’s my fault. It’s my fault that things are in these way! Scared, vulnerable, she breaks down into soft cries.

 

***

 

It’s been a week since Haemin has went into a coma. Jonghyun has been discharged from the hospital but he’s still advised to not move around too much and get more rest. Sujin and Minho has been taking turns to take care of Haemin and Jonghyun whereas for Kibeom, he has been gone for a week too. No one knows where he is, what happened to him, and neither did Kibeom contacted any of them. Everyone is worried sick, and Haemin isn’t showing any signs of waking up.

 

Sujin cleans Haemin with a warm towel while Minho and Jonghyun engages in a talk outside the ward. “Dammit, where can he be? We’ve looked literally EVERY WHERE for him!” Jonghyun hissed and ruffles his hair annoyingly. Minho kept his silence and thinks for a while. “IF it ever comes to our last resort… there’s only one person whom we can look for to search for clues.” Jonghyun exchanged a look with Minho, “you’re kidding me.” However, Minho kept a straight face and nod, “Mr. Lee.”

 

***

 

Ding dong… … … no answer. Ding dong… … … no answer. Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding “OPEN UP DUDE!” Jonghyun shouts as he aggressively presses the doorbell many times. “Jonghyun! Calm down ok? No one is probably in right now. We should try somewhere else.”

 

“Are you kidding me? How can there be NO ONE in such a HUGE mansion? There’ll DEFINITELY at least be a housekeeper,” Jonghyun reasons and turns to continue pressing the doorbell. “OPEN UP!”

 

What Jonghyun has said does make sense. How can there not be a single person in such a HUGE mansion. There will always be someone to tend to the mansion as long as the… WAIT… if no one is here… That can only mean… the master of this house is not here. “Jonghyun, we’re leaving,” Minho picks up his pace as he explains to Jonghyun on their way to the library and they read up on all the news, offline and online, to look for any single clues. This may be their only lead to find out what happened in this past week.

 

They spent hours going through the newspaper, scanning through everything and making sure that they don’t miss out any important information or the tiniest details that may give them the clue that they need. “Minho, look! I found something!” The title of the news says ‘Billionaire donates Mansion to Charity’. They went on to read the news and it turns out the ‘Billionaire’ was Mr. Lee, Haemin’s dad and the Mansion was the one that he and Haemin used to live in. “What does this even mean?” Jonghyun raised his brows at Minho. “I’m not sure, but what I’m sure of is there’s certainly something more to this and we’re going to find this out.”

 

***

 

Back at the hospital…

 

The guys explained what they have found to Sujin and they analysed a several possibilities. They have been at it for hours, trying to dig for more clues through this news but nothing new was found. “Why not just break into the house?” Sujin suggested and the guys stared at her and looked at each other. That was a brilliant idea.

 

That night, the guys brought their torches and sneaked in the Lee’s mansion that was said to be ‘donated’. It was their first time in a mansion so they had no idea which corridor leads to which and it was really huge. They had to find Mr. Lee’s room and search for any suspicious items or things that can be served as a clue to them to track down Kibeom’s location. They spent over an hour and finally, they found Mr. Lee’s room. Meticulously ransacking through every single drawers, every page of a book and pulling and pressing on anything that may seem to lead them to a secret passageway in the room.

 

Hey, look isn’t this…” Minho shows Jonghyun the letter he has in hand. “This is a letter by Haemin’s mom to Mr. Lee. There might be other clues let’s continue searching” Jonghyun pats him on the shoulder and they continued searching. However, the place was probably cleaned up and every possible visible clues might have been destroyed or burned. The letter was the only thing that they have found deep inside under a cabinet which was not possible to be seen if not carefully searched through. What was written on the letter was something that MUST never be known to anyone. A dark secret.